wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

52 Pages«<3738394041>»
ARM HY2017
obiero
#761 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 11:16:50 AM

xxxxx wrote:
the deal wrote:
CDC got shafted...I think they couldn't trust the Paunaranas anymore thus admistration...anyways it's a smart decision...you can not solve a bad investment by throwing in more money unless you are @obiero of KQsmile smile smile ... they will be happy to salvage anything left of ARM after the lenders take they're dues. The ARM brand is damaged for good...look at Uchumi...Nakumatt...it's hard to recover from here...!

CDC is not on board with "administration" however much they may have been shafted. Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

@the deal KQ is a solid firm and I happen to know exactly what I am doing

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#762 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 1:37:44 PM

the deal wrote:
CDC got shafted...I think they couldn't trust the Paunaranas anymore thus admistration...anyways it's a smart decision...you can not solve a bad investment by throwing in more money unless you are @obiero of KQsmile smile smile ... they will be happy to salvage anything left of ARM after the lenders take they're dues. The ARM brand is damaged for good...look at Uchumi...Nakumatt...it's hard to recover from here...!

Administration is by the banks. CDC on the receiving end.
Life is short. Live passionately.
HaMaina
#763 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 3:09:10 PM

the deal wrote:

Don't worry about recovery, its going to happen. Kenyans tend to forget like chicken. A little hype, and a couple of nice ads and they'll all be back.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
VituVingiSana
#764 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 12:05:58 PM

The Dangote angle in ARM Cement’s troubles

https://www.businessdail...25034-t3vwvrz/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Pesa Nane
#765 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 12:19:38 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

https://www.businessdail...5034-t3vwvrz/index.html

Nonsense, utamu wa deni ni kulipa.
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
xxxxx
#766 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 12:21:32 PM

[quote=VituVingiSana]The Dangote angle in ARM Cement’s troubles

https://www.businessdail...5034-t3vwvrz/index.html[/quote]

He he...@ARMCEMENT is a strong buy. Next time Paunrana is borrowing, he'll do some research to avoid borrowing from predators.
VituVingiSana
#767 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 1:36:27 PM

xxxxx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

He he...@ARMCEMENT is a strong buy. Next time Paunrana is borrowing, he'll do some research to avoid borrowing from predators.

I think his borrowing days are over!!! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Either ARM will be broken up OR a Strategic Investor will be in charge.

I would not mind ARM going private as long as CDC's interests are aligned with mine. This would allow ARM to work through the mess in private and re-list at a later date.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Angelica _ann
#768 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 1:39:03 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

ReallyLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
the deal
#769 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 1:49:44 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

From the article....you can really feel that Mr P still doesn't know what hit him lol ...he is supposed to take a begging bowl to Dangote right now not this nonsense he is peddling to BD!
VituVingiSana
#770 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 1:56:20 PM

the deal wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

From the article....you can really feel that Mr P still doesn't know what hit him lol ...he is supposed to take a begging bowl to Dangote right now not this nonsense he is peddling to BD!

CDC calls the shots. As for going to Dangote with a begging bowl. Pass. Dangote will leave nothing on the table for anyone including the banks. I would rather ARM is broken up and sold piece-meal than sell it to Dangote for nothing.
Ericsson
#771 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 2:49:23 PM

ARM is dead,I don't see any chance of a comeback.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
xxxxx
#772 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 6:20:19 PM

Ericsson wrote:
ARM is dead,I don't see any chance of a comeback.

You couldn't be More wrong
VituVingiSana
#773 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 6:28:14 PM

Well, there is a simple solution...

Last price was 5.60 before the suspension.

I will not put a hard timeline [see my loss to @sparkly even though KK has outperformed KenGen since 1st Jan 2018 but I had said 31st Dec 2017] but what are we looking at here?

So @xxxxx [niko ndani na wewe] what's your timeline that ARM will be back on the board and back to 5.60?
obiero
#774 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 8:33:16 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

I will not put a hard timeline [see my loss to @sparkly even though KK has outperformed KenGen since 1st Jan 2018 but I had said 31st Dec 2017] but what are we looking at here?

So @xxxxx [niko ndani na wewe] what's your timeline that ARM will be back on the board and back to 5.60?

@vvs unaniaibisha

xxxxx
#775 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 9:19:50 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

I believe this thing is surprisingly going to end rather quickly. All the interested parties plus regulators are on it to ensure the suspension is lifted as per the announcement.

UBA will achieve its goal of avoiding a huge provision having demonstrated to CBK that recovery measures and timelines have been formally agreed upon.

CDC's hand has now been forced and so they will provide much more clarity on exactly when and how much funding is to be provided to resolve the liabilities particularly. As you know they've been dragging their feet for almost 2 years.

NSE/CBK/ CMA are jointly apprised of the agreed Ts and Cs and life goes on.

The minority shareholders.. especially those who bought at 2.7 smile all the way to the bank albeit with some dilution ..thou not to KQ levels. Keep on riding on the shoulders of CDC.

On lifting the suspension, the only way is UP.

The purpose of the administration action was to push CDC to COMMIT ASAP.
VituVingiSana
#776 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 9:31:47 PM

xxxxx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I believe this thing is surprisingly going to end rather quickly. All the interested parties plus regulators are on it to ensure the suspension is lifted as per the announcement.

UBA will achieve its goal of avoiding a huge provision having demonstrated to CBK that recovery measures and timelines have been formally agreed upon.

CDC's hand has now been forced and so they will provide much more clarity on exactly when and how much funding is to be provided to resolve the liabilities particularly. As you know they've been dragging their feet for almost 2 years.

The minority shareholders.. especially those who bought at 2.7 smile all the way to the bank albeit with some dilution ..thou not to KQ levels. Keep on riding on the shoulders of CDC.

Applause Applause Applause
There is a new CEO waiting in the wings.
IFC may also come through with additional financing.
Finally, ARM should solicit a Strategic Partner who will buy us out at NAV Applause Applause Applause

ARM isn't causing me much stress. The value of my holdings as a % of my portfolio "Tier 3" + that ARM has assets that others want e.g. TZ
obiero
#777 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 9:32:29 PM

xxxxx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Walai Walai..

VituVingiSana
#778 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 9:38:21 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

@vvs unaniaibisha

You need to stick to the Open Offer Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Let us enjoy the ride on ARM
the deal
#779 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 9:53:38 PM

Laughing out loudly
xxxxx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly the sooner you come to terms with the shafting...the better...we can bet ARM will not trade at the NSE next week!
obiero
#780 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 12:46:01 AM

the deal wrote:
Laughing out loudly
xxxxx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly the sooner you come to terms with the shafting...the better...we can bet ARM will not trade at the NSE next week!

And if the NSE makes a mistake to relist it next week. Thumuni pap