Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

52 Pages«<3536373839>»
ARM HY2017
VituVingiSana
#721 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 1:59:07 PM

Horton wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
This stock has forced some Wazuans to disappear from the forum just like @hisah's early frustration of massive capitulation from 20s to 2bob...
@vvs and @fyatu have followed suit.
Meanwhile, does it mean after 7days the stock will be livestream on the exchange ?

Nipo Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
I don't live on Wazua.
Only 7 days trading suspension. It may be extended. In the meantime, we will hear more from the Board and Banks.

Meanwhile on the Kenya economy watch VVS companies in the news again. Jes FYI

Name names Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
lochaz-index
#722 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 3:39:55 PM

What is the purpose of suspending the share for only 7 working days? What do they aim to unearth or do in such a short span of time? Shouldn't it follow the uchumi way back in 2006? If so this will be a long stay for all those inside.

I maintain that I'm yet to see a share on the NSE sink so fast...from being one of the darlings of the bourse to flirting with liquidation. I don't think paunrana exited the stage without his pound(s) of flesh, so what might be left is a shell of company more so if you consider the less than forthright books of accounts.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
murchr
#723 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 4:26:49 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
What is the purpose of suspending the share for only 7 working days? What do they aim to unearth or do in such a short span of time? Shouldn't it follow the uchumi way back in 2006? If so this will be a long stay for all those inside.

I maintain that I'm yet to see a share on the NSE sink so fast...from being one of the darlings of the bourse to flirting with liquidation. I don't think paunrana exited the stage without his pound(s) of flesh, so what might be left is a shell of company more so if you consider the less than forthright books of accounts.

I think so too. Common phenomenon with business men coming from the 44th tribe. Really, how bad was the decision to go to Tz? Some fish smells big here
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Angelica _ann
#724 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 4:34:53 PM

murchr wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

I think so too. Common phenomenon with business men coming from the 44th tribe. Really, how bad was the decision to go to Tz? Some fish smells big here

Sale of that fertilizer unit also looked very fishy deal.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Swenani
#725 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 4:59:05 PM

Horton wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
This stock has forced some Wazuans to disappear from the forum just like @hisah's early frustration of massive capitulation from 20s to 2bob...
Meanwhile, does it mean after 7days the stock will be livestream on the exchange ?

I don't live on Wazua.
Only 7 days trading suspension. It may be extended. In the meantime, we will hear more from the Board and Banks.

I wonder when Obiero is investing in ARM considering he is the master of maximizing losses and minimizijng gains Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
VituVingiSana
#726 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 4:59:17 PM

murchr wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

My worst losses have been:
KQ - under Naikuni and Mbugua [Both had zero-neglible shares in KQ and "retired" wealthy. I hope MJ and SM can lead turn it around]
Olympia - Matu [Still screwing shareholders]
Kenya Finance Bank - Nyammo (& friends)
ADSS -
Deacons - Wahome [Not many shares but huge % loss]
KCB - Kaminchia and Bii [then Gareth, Davidson and MOO were recruited who resuscitated it]
KK - Segman [A roller coaster. Good recovery under Ohana]
ARM - Paunrana [Though this was a recent purchase while he was on his way out]

I had zero-neglible shares when these firms had a severe downturn:
Uchumi - Kirubi (& cronies/appointees)
Transcentury - Kiuna
Home Afrika - Nganga
Mumias - Kidero and Kibati
Britam - Wairegi
Eveready - Merali
Sameer - Merali
HF - Ireri
NBK -
KPLC - Gichuru + Njoroge + Chumo [I finally sold out as I started dumping GoK firms]
EAPCC - [Naikuni is a director! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! ]

I have no idea which tribe is represented above Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Best returns:
KK - Segman [but then it went downhill] and Ohana
Unga - Hutchinson [though I expect better!]
I&M (via City Trust) - Shah [a multi-bagger though it has lagged since 2016]
Equity - Mwangi
Centum - Mworia [though it has retraced recently]
Jubilee - Juma [I regret selling the bulk of my shares]
Access - Somen [bought at the IPO, sold when the price jumped, bought again when the price fell huge, sold at +50% during the takeover]
Safaricom - Collymore [I didn't buy more except for the IPO until BC became the CEO]
DTB - Devji
Crown - Rao [but too few shares to be meaningful]
ScanGroup - Thakrar [Bought at the IPO and sold out]

I have no idea which tribe is represented above Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Breakeven:
NIC - Macharia [the huge 7bn+ NPL hobbled NIC's growth trajectory. This came to light after Macharia left. I remain a shareholder.]
KenRe - Mwarania [though it has retraced in 2018]

Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#727 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 5:00:58 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Is CDC completely clueless?
obiero
#728 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 5:50:42 PM

Swenani wrote:
Horton wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:

I don't live on Wazua.

I wonder when Obiero is investing in ARM considering he is the master of maximizing losses and minimizijng gains Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#729 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 5:52:32 PM

Swenani wrote:
Horton wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:

I don't live on Wazua.

Hehe. Tripe!

obiero
#730 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 6:43:38 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

The 7 day suspension if enforced would actually be worse than if it had been left to the gods today to decide the way forward for ARM shares. Panic will truly set in as all will be ready for the exit door. A tsunami avalanche tornado kind of exit. Never ignore the exchange bar

Angelica _ann
#731 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 7:01:21 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

CDC invests public money & I believe these are a drop in the ocean for them. They will aggregate their investment & have an explanation for both positive & negative investments using global performance. I don't think they are taken to task on a nitty gritty basis.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#732 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 7:25:50 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

CDC invests public money & I believe these are a drop in the ocean for them. They will aggregate their investment & have an explanation for both positive & negative investments using global performance. I don't think they are taken to task on a nitty gritty basis.

The question was whether they were clueless. The answer is yes

obiero
#733 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 7:37:34 PM

On Friday, ARM share was the top gainer, according to research by AIB Capital. It gained by 8.82 per cent to close the week at Sh5.55 before today's suspension.
Its share was also third highest mover, managing 556,900 shares in that day's trading where foreigners cashed out Sh672,000, making it among the top five shares with highest foreign sales on Friday.

mlennyma
#734 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 8:13:53 PM

obiero wrote:
On Friday, ARM share was the top gainer, according to research by AIB Capital. It gained by 8.82 per cent to close the week at Sh5.55 before today's suspension.
Its share was also third highest mover, managing 556,900 shares in that day's trading where foreigners cashed out Sh672,000, making it among the top five shares with highest foreign sales on Friday.

it's very hard to save money in the current economic climate,i feel for those trapped here
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
muandiwambeu
#735 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 8:21:01 PM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
wukan wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
rwitre wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Still think that balance sheet is hiding alot more skeletons than what has been revealed so far. Time will tell.

They keep coming

@Obiero is all smiles smile

For the umpteenth time never ever buy a corporate bond in Kenya... Never...

What about safaricom and kengen bonds? ARM was junk bond

In the bonds section... I mentioned safaricom and Eabl... When they were doing that bond ARM was a darling you wouldnt have termed it junk then....

Reminds me of Commercial Paper in the 90s Sad Sad Sad

And people are still buying this piece of junk..

Someone is seriously mopping up ARM.

Demand was zero yesterday afternoon then someone showed up just before market close and cleaned out all supply from 3.50 to 3.90.

Btw I sold at 3.80 yesterday banking 41% profits. The negative media coverage is not good for the rally.

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! Did you just abandon me?
Did you just do an @Obiero on me? Pump and Dump? Sad Sad Sad

Not at all @VVS smile smile smile .

I belief ARM has good prospects for the medium - long term but will remain volatile in the short term. Hence I took profits hoping to catch it lower later in the 2.00 - 2.50 range.

I might be wrong however. It might zoom and hit 6.00 in which case I will just watch as you enjoy your profits.

I hope I did my "homework" well. Whereas, I am looking at it a long-term investment, I am not confident enough to make it a core investment. Yet.

There's a lot of noise but it seems CDC is going to help ARM on the Working Capital issue. I think the 1H (loss expected) results may take 2 months to release but it should provide more info.

Ultimately, it seems the salvation may be a Strategic Investor coming into ARM by injecting cash and liaising with CDC to control and manage the firm by replacing the Paunrana family.

If and when suspension is lifted, it will surely hit sub 2.50. Will be waiting for a second bite then.

You need not prayers, but baptism. This 7 day theory is implausible. The ARM share will remain in suspension ad infimum, similar to what happened with Uchumi

Obiero the mortician is waiting to perform the final rites.
Pole vvs and fyatu

Seven good morbided days.
NSE order stream for ARM short-circuited and will be going through maintenance. Kindly, next time, take caution to be orderly in ordering your oddly orders and with sobbered minds, and not like someone freeing from hell 🔥, 🤔. Thus NSE for u😂😂😂😂, only a dimwit will not have gotten wind and exercised caution while dealing with AIM.
Those who have joined our partners in crime @xxx et Al in chilling with a cold tusker, may you drop your #tags. Nah, this kokoto thing will break my pocket. Pliz governors do not catch @sonkos sneeze and cause mayhem in our world. Tonight, I sleep pretty.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
obiero
#736 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 8:45:35 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
wukan wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
rwitre wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Still think that balance sheet is hiding alot more skeletons than what has been revealed so far. Time will tell.

They keep coming

In the bonds section... I mentioned safaricom and Eabl... When they were doing that bond ARM was a darling you wouldnt have termed it junk then....

Demand was zero yesterday afternoon then someone showed up just before market close and cleaned out all supply from 3.50 to 3.90.

Btw I sold at 3.80 yesterday banking 41% profits. The negative media coverage is not good for the rally.

I belief ARM has good prospects for the medium - long term but will remain volatile in the short term. Hence I took profits hoping to catch it lower later in the 2.00 - 2.50 range.

I might be wrong however. It might zoom and hit 6.00 in which case I will just watch as you enjoy your profits.

I hope I did my "homework" well. Whereas, I am looking at it a long-term investment, I am not confident enough to make it a core investment. Yet.

There's a lot of noise but it seems CDC is going to help ARM on the Working Capital issue. I think the 1H (loss expected) results may take 2 months to release but it should provide more info.

Ultimately, it seems the salvation may be a Strategic Investor coming into ARM by injecting cash and liaising with CDC to control and manage the firm by replacing the Paunrana family.

If and when suspension is lifted, it will surely hit sub 2.50. Will be waiting for a second bite then.

You need not prayers, but baptism. This 7 day theory is implausible. The ARM share will remain in suspension ad infimum, similar to what happened with Uchumi

Pole vvs and fyatu

NSE order stream for ARM short-circuited and will be going through maintenance. Kindly, next time, take caution to be orderly in ordering your oddly orders and with sobbered minds, and not like someone freeing from hell 🔥, 🤔. Thus NSE for u😂😂😂😂, only a dimwit will not have gotten wind and exercised caution while dealing with AIM.
Those who have joined our partners in crime @xxx et Al in chilling with a cold tusker, may you drop your #tags. Nah, this kokoto thing will break my pocket. Pliz governors do not catch @sonkos sneeze and cause mayhem in our world. Tonight, I sleep pretty.

Today I almost understood what you wrote. All the way to kokoto. Then you lost me

xxxxx
#737 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 9:33:15 PM

obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
wukan wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
rwitre wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

They keep coming

Pole vvs and fyatu

Today I almost understood what you wrote. All the way to kokoto. Then you lost me

Same hereLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
@ARMCEMENT will make me so much money. I don't believe CDC would stack the board and management with its people only to retreat becoz of some silly bank chasing repayment of a few million or even billion KES
Fyatu
#738 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 11:02:23 PM

The rumors you have heard about my death have been greatly exaggerated .....Mark Twain

Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Fyatu
#739 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 11:09:17 PM

In the meantime i am managing my blood sugar pole pole from whence i am perched.

In case you have not heard/read about what H.E. Magufuli government has decreed please read here LINK

I am still bullish about cement business/ARM. It is naive to think that people make money out of investments in a fortnight/2 years/5 years etc. Let the price drop to 2 bob and i will mop more.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
sparkly
#740 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 11:19:01 PM

xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
wukan wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
rwitre wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

They keep coming

Pole vvs and fyatu

Same hereLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
@ARMCEMENT will make me so much money. I don't believe CDC would stack the board and management with its people only to retreat becoz of some silly bank chasing repayment of a few million or even billion KES

@xxxxx focus. No company is too big to fail. Remember Enron and WorldCom
Life is short. Live passionately.