52 Pages«<3031323334>»
ARM HY2017
Ericsson
#621 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 7:46:09 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
@Fyatu - πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
Very helpful. Thanks!
Any comparisons (quality) between ARM and Bamburi?
Bamburi cement any time
I hope the next set of projects undertaken by KE and TZ use ARM cement!
That is a dream.
Niko ndani!!!! This is a long-term play for me it seems based on the potential.

Hehe.. Penny stocker

Cement companies are too many for the Kenyan market.
Mergers and consolidation is needed.
ARM became a victim of the competition.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Spikes
#622 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 9:52:08 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
@Fyatu - πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
Very helpful. Thanks!
Any comparisons (quality) between ARM and Bamburi?
I hope the next set of projects undertaken by KE and TZ use ARM cement!
Niko ndani!!!! This is a long-term play for me it seems based on the potential.

Hehe.. Penny stocker

@Obiero I can swear by your KQ's badly mutilated appendix that @VVS is gonna make huge returns vis-a-vis your dead national carrier.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, β€œMy Father is always working, and so am I.”
lochaz-index
#623 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 10:14:17 AM

Fyatu wrote:
Karibu sana mzee VVS. I cannot comment authoritatively on quality but overall there is this perceived notion that bamburi is the best. Ask any random fundi and they will tell you bamburi ni number one(perhaps due to innovation and superior R&D). Remember they recently launched air tight cement for road construction...
What i also know is that bamburi has state captured Kenya and Uganda and they know something we don't.. the pie is big enough for all players and that is why we now have Ndovu cement company and Rai cement huko western Kenya. Finally clinker is a very hot commodity whose current supply cannot quench demand. ARM is baba yao when it comes to clinker in EAC

The clinker play is the only attractive aspect of ARM. Everything else leaves alot to be desired.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
VituVingiSana
#624 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 11:10:13 AM

My cost is 3.70 (& I will add more at current prices given the recent changes) but there's also the opportunity cost.

1) The exit of PHP as a positive since it allows the new broom to sweep clean via announcing another loss for FY 2018. My calculations include a loss for FY 2018 equal to FY 2017. The Deputy CEO and chairman are also out.

2) Clinker production seems to be back on track in TZ with the availability of coal so the losses stop or are reduced.

3) The financing (working capital) can help ARM supply its customers in Kenya.

4) There is scope for a Strategic Investor who will probably come in at a premium to 5/- (Or so I hope but hope is not a strategy)

5) No dividends in the near future

6) Potential debt conversion of the MTN and CPs which reduces the interest cost but does mean more shares are issued.

The market is over-supplied and there are no NEW mega-projects in the near future. It will be a tough time for ARM but at 5/- per share, I am willing to ride the roller-coaster!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#625 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 11:24:56 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
My cost is 3.70 (& I will add more at current prices given the recent changes) but there's also the opportunity cost.

1) The exit of PHP as a positive since it allows the new broom to sweep clean via announcing another loss for FY 2018. My calculations include a loss for FY 2018 equal to FY 2017. The Deputy CEO and chairman are also out.

2) Clinker production seems to be back on track in TZ with the availability of coal so the losses stop or are reduced.

3) The financing (working capital) can help ARM supply its customers in Kenya.

4) There is scope for a Strategic Investor who will probably come in at a premium to 5/- (Or so I hope but hope is not a strategy)

5) No dividends in the near future

6) Potential debt conversion of the MTN and CPs which reduces the interest cost but does mean more shares are issued.

The market is over-supplied and there are no NEW mega-projects in the near future. It will be a tough time for ARM but at 5/- per share, I am willing to ride the roller-coaster!

You are starting to take on risk my old friend. Good luck with the aggressive strategy

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#626 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 12:01:59 PM

Trades at 5.10
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
xxxxx
#627 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 1:02:43 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Trades at 5.10

Hehehe...barrier broken.

Now to Kes 6
Bishofu
#628 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 1:44:25 PM

sparkly
#629 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 2:29:38 PM

Bishofu wrote:

Good one for the patient.
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#630 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 5:58:25 PM

xxxxx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Trades at 5.10

Hehehe...barrier broken.

Now to Kes 6

Twende kazi! Asante to @xxxxx and @fyatu for giving me answers to my queries on ARM.
VituVingiSana
#631 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 9:55:13 AM

Is Paunrana really out?

https://www.businessdail...5744-11ieuvr/index.html

Waiting for the 1H 2018 results but they have until 31st Oct to announce them.
VituVingiSana
#632 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 11:27:22 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Trades at 5.10

Hehehe...barrier broken.

Now to Kes 6

Twende kazi! Asante to @xxxxx and @fyatu for giving me answers to my queries on ARM.

5.60 (+10% over yesterday)
xxxxx
#633 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 1:18:18 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Is Paunrana really out?

https://www.businessdail...-Paunranas-ARM/4259356-

They promised to update us fully within 90 days of 31st May...therefore 31 August is their set timeline.

But I'm reading that Paunrana sent a letter to sshareholders talking about his stepping down......

https://kenyanwallstreet.com/?p=23364

Either way, given that CDC has for starters disbursed the $4M for working capital, there's still lots of money to be made here by investors who appreciate that the share has been de-risked significantly. However, @Obiero must stay away.....still too risky for uDrool

obiero
#634 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 1:21:30 PM

xxxxx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Is Paunrana really out?

They promised to update us fully within 90 days of 31st May...therefore 31 August is their set timeline.

But I'm reading that Paunrana sent a letter to sshareholders talking about his stepping down......

Either way, given that CDC has for starters disbursed the $4M for working capital, there's still lots of money to be made here by investors who appreciate that the share has been de-risked significantly. However, @Obiero must stay away.....still too risky for uDrool

I'm away. But happy for those who are in the money

VituVingiSana
#635 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 1:27:06 PM

obiero wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Is Paunrana really out?

NDAAAAANIIII
Ifike 10.
My logic (props to @xxxx and @fyatu) is that the NAV was 23/- at the end of FY 2017 but let's write down losses for FY 2018 and other clean-ups and payouts to the management. Let's say this is 13/- so we end up at 10/- but with an improving environment in TZ, a Strategic Investor could step in at 10/- within 2 years.
Pesa Nane
#636 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 2:03:46 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Is Paunrana really out?

https://www.businessdail...5744-11ieuvr/index.html

Quote:
End of an era as Paunrana family loses grip on ARM

Mr Paunrana is set to relinquish his position after a management shake-up of the company whose fortunes have in recent years dipped sharply. β€œThe company is entering a new phase, from family-owned, family-managed, to institutional investor representation, to separation of management and board roles,” Mr Paunrana said in interview.

In a letter, Mr Paunrana sought to assure shareholders and ARM staff that better days lay ahead for the company.

β€œAs founder shareholder and entrepreneur, I will be an active board member and support the incoming CEO and the management team in strengthening stakeholder relationships with suppliers, customers and the government in all the three East African countries where we operate,” he said. Mr Paunrana sought to play down his exit in the Business Daily interview, even as observers reflected on the remarkable fall from glory of one of Kenya’s most prominent business families.

β€œThis is as per plan, as most founders employ (ha ha ha!) professional CEOs to run the day-to-day operations,” he said Thursday from the UK where he has travelled for business.

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Fyatu
#637 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 2:18:52 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Is Paunrana really out?

NDAAAAANIIII
Ifike 10.
My logic (props to @xxxx and @fyatu) is that the NAV was 23/- at the end of FY 2017 but let's write down losses for FY 2018 and other clean-ups and payouts to the management. Let's say this is 13/- so we end up at 10/- but with an improving environment in TZ, a Strategic Investor could step in at 10/- within 2 years.

Karibu sana VVS. I am yet to receive the purported letter and really hope that TZ problems have been resolved
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
obiero
#638 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 2:23:47 PM

Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Is Paunrana really out?

NDAAAAANIIII
Ifike 10.

Karibu sana VVS. I am yet to receive the purported letter and really hope that TZ problems have been resolved

In the words of @vvs hope is not an investment strategy

HaMaina
#639 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 3:27:14 PM

obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Is Paunrana really out?

NDAAAAANIIII
Ifike 10.

is there a specific reason for the price increase or is it being caused by some clowns playing the market ?
β€œYou can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
Ebenyo
#640 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 4:41:53 PM

HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Is Paunrana really out?

NDAAAAANIIII
Ifike 10.

is there a specific reason for the price increase or is it being caused by some clowns playing the market ?

Paunrama has stepped down as CEO.
CDC will pump in some more cash into the business and they are looking for a new man to turn around ARM.
This is causing excitement in the market.Its more of short term gains rather than long term.
It will take time for this business to pick up from where it stands.
This development has brought some cheers into the construction segment of NSE which was very gloomy.Bamburi and Eapc are still in dooldrums.
Towards the goal of financial freedom