wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

52 Pages«<2930313233>»
ARM HY2017
sparkly
#601 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 7:20:40 PM

xxxxx wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

But these chaps also. When we expect half year results, they start giving us this BS..eish

They think we'll exit prematurely?????Shame on you Shame on you

Take profits then wait and watch. These developments point to a troubled ARM desparate for a bailout by LaFarge group. Bamburi has huge cash reserves for M&As. At this point it is better to play ARM shortterm and buy Bamburi longterm.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Fyatu
#602 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 8:59:45 PM

When it rains gold put out the bucket not the thimble....Warren Buffet's proverb

Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
RIEK01
#603 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 6:16:15 AM

Sometimes it takes 10 years to collapse, ARM kicked out Bamburi from its Board in 2009

https://allafrica.com/stories/200910260350.html
Superprime1
#604 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 9:19:09 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
@PesaNane - You know what to do.

New CEO has been headhunted.
New Chairman - Linus Gitahi
New Director.
Deputy CEO is out.

Isn't Linus Gitahi chair of Home Afrika board? Has he become a boardroom vulture, chairing boards of dying/troubled companies?

And why is Paunrana's exit being announced as a footnote, as if the exits of board chair and deputy MD are more significant?
VituVingiSana
#605 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 9:38:18 AM

RIEK01 wrote:
Sometimes it takes 10 years to collapse, ARM kicked out Bamburi from its Board in 2009

https://allafrica.com/stories/200910260350.html
The irony!!! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Anyway, niko NDANI so I am happy whoever it is as long as ARM makes me money Applause Applause Applause
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
chiaroscuro
#606 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 9:41:27 AM

Spoke to a major contractor recently. They told me that they avoid using cement from the original 3 manufacturers - Bamburi, EAPCC, ARM. Reason: their products are not reliable! They work well today, but tomorrow they let you down. "When you are doing major construction work on towers and bridges, you need consistent quality of cement and these 3 companies can't guarantee us that".
VituVingiSana
#607 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 9:41:49 AM

Superprime1 wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
@PesaNane - You know what to do.

New CEO has been headhunted.
New Chairman - Linus Gitahi
New Director.
Deputy CEO is out.

Isn't Linus Gitahi chair of Home Afrika board? Has he become a boardroom vulture, chairing boards of dying/troubled companies?

And why is Paunrana's exit being announced as a footnote, as if the exits of board chair and deputy MD are more significant?

I hope he can guide ARM to have better corporate governance. Home Afrika is not a shining example but to be fair he came in AFTER the crap had exploded. Someone has to chair the messy firms. The Safaricoms have no trouble finding chairpersons.

PHP isn't out yet so I guess it wasn't relevant info BUT I hope they get a AAA CEO. Niko ndani!!!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#608 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 9:44:06 AM

chiaroscuro wrote:
Spoke to a major contractor recently. They told me that they avoid using cement from the original 3 manufacturers - Bamburi, EAPCC, ARM. Reason: their products are not reliable! They work well today, but tomorrow they let you down. "When you are doing major construction work on towers and bridges, you need consistent quality of cement and these 3 companies can't guarantee us that".

Bamburi?
I am a layman in matter of cement but I have to say that I would take "Bamburi" [marketing, brand, "international", etc] over the others. I might be wrong.
chiaroscuro
#609 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 9:53:30 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:

Bamburi?
I am a layman in matter of cement but I have to say that I would take "Bamburi" [marketing, brand, "international", etc] over the others. I might be wrong.

We were at financial reporting seminar and the facilitator displayed ARM HY 2017 income statement. Someone wondered why their revenue has dropped by such a big margin. The contractor offered the explanation...
xxxxx
#610 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 10:08:47 AM

chiaroscuro wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:

Bamburi?

We were at financial reporting seminar and the facilitator displayed ARM HY 2017 income statement. Someone wondered why their revenue has dropped by such a big margin. The contractor offered the explanation...

Thank God it was financial reporting and not investment. I would have been worried
Fyatu
#611 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 10:11:25 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:

Bamburi?

When you are doing this kind of construction work you need cement number 52.5. As we speak today 14 August 2018, only two companies produce this gauge of cement and that is ARM and Bamburi.Lets not even talk about roads and runways, Dams and SGR...the canvas is wide
VituVingiSana
#612 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 10:31:01 AM

Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:

Bamburi?

When you are doing this kind of construction work you need cement number 52.5. As we speak today 14 August 2018, only two companies produce this gauge of cement and that is ARM and Bamburi.Lets not even talk about roads and runways, Dams and SGR...the canvas is wide

@Fyatu - Hold on.

@Chiaro says that the contractor thinks Bamburi and ARM cement don't meet standards. I don't know what the contractor means by "They work well today, but tomorrow they let you down"

@Fyatu says only 2 firms produce 52.5 and those are ARM and Bamburi.

My "layman" construction is at max a 2 story building and growing up with 2 brands "Blue Circle" and "Bamburi" and the latter was preferred.

Coming to (quality) towers, bridges, SGR and dams...
Which KE firms produce cement for these uses?
Ericsson
#613 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 10:40:11 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:

Bamburi?

@Fyatu - Hold on.

@Chiaro says that the contractor thinks Bamburi and ARM cement don't meet standards. I don't know what the contractor means by "They work well today, but tomorrow they let you down"

My "layman" construction is at max a 2 story building and growing up with 2 brands "Blue Circle" and "Bamburi" and the latter was preferred.

Savannah Cement
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
chiaroscuro
#614 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 10:44:30 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:

Bamburi?

@Fyatu - Hold on.

@VVS: "It wasn't me"! I know less than you about cement and construction. I was reporting on what a contractor said. I am eager to learn from @Fyatu and others...
xxxxx
#615 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 11:16:09 AM

chiaroscuro wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
[quote=chiaroscuro]Spoke to a major contractor recently. They told me that they avoid using cement from the original 3 manufacturers - Bamburi, EAPCC, ARM. Reason: their products are not reliable! They work well today, but tomorrow they let you down. "When you are doing major construction work on towers and bridges, you need consistent quality of cement and these 3 companies can't guarantee us that".

Bamburi?

@Fyatu - Hold on.

@VVS: "It wasn't me"! I know less than you about cement and construction. I was reporting on what a contractor said. I am eager to learn from @Fyatu and others...

Either way let's see if the KES 5 barrier will be crossed tomorrowDrool
Fyatu
#616 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 1:18:18 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:

Bamburi?

@Fyatu - Hold on.

Which KE firms produce cement for these uses
?

@VVS there 3 gauges of cement. 32.5, 42.5 and 52.5. 32.5 is what is used in homesteads and small projects like maissonetes e.t.c. For storeyed buildings 3-floors and above the beams and floor slabs are built using gauge 42.5. Most players in the market produce this gauge. However, when it comes to mega infrastructure then special cement is used to create strong concrete. Bamburi has been leading in this front with their constant innovation followed by ARM. You might fault Paunrana for taking too much debt but you cannot fault him for foresight in cement business. ARM supplied Thika road. ARM is a major supplier of SGR. ARM cement has built/is building the foundation of pinacle towers. Huko Mombasa na Lamu those berths require special cement that is not delivered using cement bags. Hapo Tanga, Bagamoyo, Dar na Mtwara the story is the same.To cut the story short and to answer your question Bamburi and ARM are currently the leaders in this niche.
Fyatu
#617 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 1:24:39 PM

This might be old news but....

LINK

Look at slide 3. Compare Kenya and say Egypt in terms of cement consumption and see why i am here for the long haul
VituVingiSana
#618 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 8:42:40 PM

@Fyatu - πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
Very helpful. Thanks!
Any comparisons (quality) between ARM and Bamburi?
I hope the next set of projects undertaken by KE and TZ use ARM cement!
Niko ndani!!!! This is a long-term play for me it seems based on the potential.
Fyatu
#619 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 9:31:00 PM

Karibu sana mzee VVS. I cannot comment authoritatively on quality but overall there is this perceived notion that bamburi is the best. Ask any random fundi and they will tell you bamburi ni number one(perhaps due to innovation and superior R&D). Remember they recently launched air tight cement for road construction...
What i also know is that bamburi has state captured Kenya and Uganda and they know something we don't.. the pie is big enough for all players and that is why we now have Ndovu cement company and Rai cement huko western Kenya. Finally clinker is a very hot commodity whose current supply cannot quench demand. ARM is baba yao when it comes to clinker in EAC
obiero
#620 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 9:58:40 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
@Fyatu - πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
Very helpful. Thanks!
Any comparisons (quality) between ARM and Bamburi?
I hope the next set of projects undertaken by KE and TZ use ARM cement!
Niko ndani!!!! This is a long-term play for me it seems based on the potential.

Hehe.. Penny stocker

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45