ARM HY2017
Aguytrying
#41 Posted : Thursday, September 07, 2017 9:43:43 AM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
target1360 wrote:
i told guys to be worried about firms that carry alot of debt.I hope people listened

True. The lesson is clear as day that imprudent use of debt is fatal. If not sure, just avoid companies with debt.

it depends with the impact of the debt in the general financial health of a company.Kengen is a good company with huge debts but uses it in a very healthy manner.The recent results of Kengen shows a positive cash flow.That means they are using the debts productively.The cash flow statement is the ultimate thermometer of a company.Whats their ability to generate cash from operations,financing and investing activities? A good company should positively generate cash from these angles.

Please look at KenGen's financial statements pre-Rights. GoK converted huge loans to equity. KenGen came close to beaching certain debt covenants.

GoK converted the debt to Equity so that the company could take more debt.

@Ebenyo after learning a lesson from ARM about debt, you are justifying Kengen. Ask yourself between the management of ARM, nakumatt and kengen which is superior? The former 2 have/had top notch management and succumed to the plague called debt.
To make matters worse KEngen is a GOK firm.

I was a kengen fan until the day they launched their expansion plans with massive diluting rights and a debt hungry plan. my 2 cents
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Pesa Nane
#42 Posted : Thursday, September 07, 2017 10:28:48 AM

CAUTIONARY STATEMENT

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
sparkly
#43 Posted : Thursday, September 07, 2017 10:36:03 AM

Pesa Nane wrote:
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT

If they dont raise 6-10B from this asset sale, they are still in problems.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ebenyo
#44 Posted : Thursday, September 07, 2017 3:56:31 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
On the back of a strategic review it has finalised early in the year, the group has initiated
a process to secure a fresh equity injection from a strategic, long-term minded investor.

What happened to CDC who just joined recently?

CDC were sold a lemon! This firm has become speculative.

In an earlier thread, I had said a firm I like is Bamburi for the long-term. The price at the time wasn't cheap but fair. It is relatively debt-free [well, not completely] and has a good brand name. A builder I talked to said he prefers his clients use Bamburi's cement vs the others. I think the Chinese building the SGR also use (mostly) Bamburi's cement.

Looking for ANOTHER strategic investor? Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Im waiting bamburi at 150 to jump in.Its now at 180 down from 199.Simba cement is a realw competitor to bamburi because of price.I hope the management will do something about it.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ebenyo
#45 Posted : Thursday, September 07, 2017 4:06:56 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
target1360 wrote:
i told guys to be worried about firms that carry alot of debt.I hope people listened

True. The lesson is clear as day that imprudent use of debt is fatal. If not sure, just avoid companies with debt.

it depends with the impact of the debt in the general financial health of a company.Kengen is a good company with huge debts but uses it in a very healthy manner.The recent results of Kengen shows a positive cash flow.That means they are using the debts productively.The cash flow statement is the ultimate thermometer of a company.Whats their ability to generate cash from operations,financing and investing activities? A good company should positively generate cash from these angles.

Please look at KenGen's financial statements pre-Rights. GoK converted huge loans to equity. KenGen came close to beaching certain debt covenants.

GoK converted the debt to Equity so that the company could take more debt.

@Ebenyo after learning a lesson from ARM about debt, you are justifying Kengen. Ask yourself between the management of ARM, nakumatt and kengen which is superior? The former 2 have/had top notch management and succumed to the plague called debt.
To make matters worse KEngen is a GOK firm.

I was a kengen fan until the day they launched their expansion plans with massive diluting rights and a debt hungry plan. my 2 cents

I only have kengen financial statements for 2014 and 2015.So i agree with you all as it means that i missed the figures before GOK converted its debts their into equity.That said,i sold my holdings in kengen and bought NMG.Reason for sale was to reduce my exposure in Gok firms.I have kcb and kenre which gok is in.Both have good managements devoid of bureacracy and propaganda seen in kenya power and kengen.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
mamilli
#46 Posted : Thursday, September 07, 2017 6:50:29 PM

sparkly wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT

If they dont raise 6-10B from this asset sale, they are still in problems.

Kwani how badly did their TZ biz shaft them? they more or less blame their predicament on it.
Never lose your position in a bull market,BTFD.
Juojo
#47 Posted : Friday, September 08, 2017 11:06:20 AM

muandiwambeu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
The conversion price for the ARM shares was 40.
And vvs you were a fan of ARM.

And you would have trusted cdc to do due deligence for you. Narrow shave. Karibu niruke ndani with all my eggs. Just lucky an inner voice kept me behind the schedule. This counter looked like the last bus remaining on the stage for the just ended mini bull rally. Time for the bulls to exit the stage and welcome the bears on the drivers seat.
Nothing remaining to write home about this economy versa the just prescribe supreme dose of political maladies and malaise. Time to fold up as reasonable gentlsmen 🙌🙌💂👧

I have been lucky to be part of a some due diligence done by the so called Big 4 and I can tell you it's GARBAGE. These kids have no clue and the seniors are just rubber stamping the garbage collected. You should hear the questions they ask Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly :Sad Sad
Happiness is not the absence of problems, It's the ability to deal with them
Angelica _ann
#48 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 3:17:08 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
faa wrote:
Around mid 2015, I bought ARM shares at an average at an average of Ksh90.00 per share

This was out of a recommendation from faida investment bank.

Luckily I saw the boat sinking and sold at a loss ,at Ksh 83.00

Losses are real at the NSE

Superb move. Pulling the plug on a loser stock is not easy. That would have been a very tortuous ride down to the current price.

The very one class that I have to attend, learn, comprehend and religiously practice.

You have to when fundies don't support the price as was recently brought out by the half year performance. Look at the price now ...... just the other day (about 3 years ago) it was trading at 200+++ before split 1-5 and 80-90 after split. Sad Sad
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
mamilli
#49 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 8:22:36 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
faa wrote:
Around mid 2015, I bought ARM shares at an average at an average of Ksh90.00 per share

Luckily I saw the boat sinking and sold at a loss ,at Ksh 83.00

Superb move. Pulling the plug on a loser stock is not easy. That would have been a very tortuous ride down to the current price.

The very one class that I have to attend, learn, comprehend and religiously practice.

You have to when fundies don't support the price as was recently brought out by the half year performance. Look at the price now ...... just the other day (about 3 years ago) it was trading at 200+++ before split 1-5 and 80-90 after split. Sad Sad

well,maybe they should court dangote for a bailout,he appears to have some mulla to throw around.

https://www.bloomberg.co...pc-as-bidding-war-looms
Never lose your position in a bull market,BTFD.
Pesa Nane
#50 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 8:44:22 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
faa wrote:

Luckily I saw the boat sinking and sold at a loss, at Ksh 83.00

The very one class that I have to attend, learn, comprehend and religiouslypractice.

Hehehe, I hang out my neck today at 15 Pray
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Hobitke
#51 Posted : Tuesday, September 12, 2017 8:16:12 AM

This one must have sent some to hospital for sure.
sparkly
#52 Posted : Tuesday, September 12, 2017 9:36:15 AM

Hobitke wrote:
This one must have sent some to hospital for sure.

Its collapse reminds me of KQ and Home Afrika.
Fyatu
#53 Posted : Tuesday, September 12, 2017 10:30:14 AM

After visiting the Dongo Kundu bypass and the upcoming Mombasa industrial park, i have come to the conclusion that Kenya is still at the lower echelons of cement consumption. Problem is if ARM will claim a substantive share of the cement pie. The dualling of Athi river - Kyumvi section or better still SGR phase 1 is also a testament or indicator that cement business is yet to reach its peak...again, how weel is ARM placed in this future boom?
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Fyatu
#54 Posted : Tuesday, September 12, 2017 10:37:48 AM

Please see the link below.....ready mix concrete tings.Bamburi has an edge, ARM comes second but question is will ARM maintain market share?

LINK
Fyatu
#55 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:26:31 PM

12 bob inaweza
Angelica _ann
#56 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 3:44:21 PM

Fyatu wrote:
12 bob inaweza

Will be achieved next week smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#57 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 4:05:18 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
12 bob inaweza

May God be with the NSE

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Spikes
#58 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 7:40:15 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
12 bob inaweza

Are you averaging down?
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
sparkly
#59 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 7:46:02 PM

Spikes wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
12 bob inaweza

Are you averaging down?

13.70 waaaaah there is no mercy from Mr. Market.

Big lesson for wanna be TZ investors that the economy looks good on paper in terms of population and GDP growth but is very hostile to foreign businesses. KCB, ARM, KK, Uchumi can bear witness. TZ gov even barred their citizens from investing in Safaricom!
Angelica _ann
#60 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 9:17:20 PM

sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
12 bob inaweza

Are you averaging down?

13.70 waaaaah there is no mercy from Mr. Market.

Big lesson for wanna be TZ investors that the economy looks good on paper in terms of population and GDP growth but is very hostile to foreign businesses. KCB, ARM, KK, Uchumi can bear witness. TZ gov even barred their citizens from investing in Safaricom!

Average down nope, exited at 17-17.5 courtesy of @hisah. Fight another day, lost cash but smilingsmile