wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

52 Pages«<2627282930>»
ARM HY2017
VituVingiSana
#541 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 2:49:22 PM

Demand 5.62mn at 3.70
Supply ZERO

The headline of https://www.businessdail...57018-6h9b18/index.html seems to have worked wonders.

Though, when one actually reads the article then one realizes that ARM is still in talks with IFC. It is not a done deal. And it could take a year.

Even CDC hasn't released the money for Working Capital. That might take another 2 months.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#542 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 3:24:51 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Demand 5.62mn at 3.70
Supply ZERO

The headline of https://www.businessdail...57018-6h9b18/index.html seems to have worked wonders.

Though, when one actually reads the article then one realizes that ARM is still in talks with IFC. It is not a done deal. And it could take a year.

Even CDC hasn't released the money for Working Capital. That might take another 2 months.

PHP has friends in high places. Did I exit too soon?
Life is short. Live passionately.
Spikes
#543 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 5:57:54 PM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Demand 5.62mn at 3.70
Supply ZERO

I pity you exited to early before 'army of experts' chip in...Real rocket rally has begun.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
jgithige
#544 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 7:12:38 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Demand 5.62mn at 3.70
Supply ZERO

On Monday I tried to exit at 3.55 and nobody was interested with my stake
"Blowing out someone else candle won't make yours shine brighter"-Anonymous
sparkly
#545 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 7:20:19 PM

Spikes wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Demand 5.62mn at 3.70
Supply ZERO

I pity you exited to early before 'army of experts' chip in...Real rocket rally has begun.

Another army from IFC forces coming up.
obiero
#546 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 8:42:02 PM

jgithige wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Demand 5.62mn at 3.70
Supply ZERO

Pole sana

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
lochaz-index
#547 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 8:35:59 AM

Ericsson wrote:
More and more debt.
https://www.businessdail...57018-6h9b18/index.html
Paunrana stake to be further diluted.
The company needs to get more of its products into the market.
IFC and CDC should take ARM through a merger with an existing player

A bailout. Needs a massive restructuring effort to get firing on all cylinders. As it stands - for investment/speculative purposes - calculating the NAV of this firm is an exercise in futility and provides no guide on the probable margin of safety.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
VituVingiSana
#548 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 9:54:13 AM

2.6mn on bid at 4.05 with no supply. For now.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
jgithige
#549 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 9:58:31 AM

obiero wrote:
jgithige wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Demand 5.62mn at 3.70
Supply ZERO

Pole sana

Sale Order expired stake with me
sparkly
#550 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 10:07:37 AM

jgithige wrote:
obiero wrote:
jgithige wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Demand 5.62mn at 3.70
Supply ZERO

Pole sana

Good for. Price now at 4.05
VituVingiSana
#551 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 10:13:54 AM

Whereas, I may be skeptical about the recent (one-sided) announcement of the IFC and CDC loans, I do want these to come to fruition ASAP.
Plus shopping around ARM competitively to a Strategic Investor.
I believe ARM should be delisted, after paying Minority Shareholders a fair price, so it can deal with its problems in private.
mlennyma
#552 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 10:42:21 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Whereas, I may be skeptical about the recent (one-sided) announcement of the IFC and CDC loans, I do want these to come to fruition ASAP.
I believe ARM should be delisted, after paying Minority Shareholders a fair price, so it can deal with its problems in private.

The market Is full of other similar monkeys why discriminate and de list a single one?
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
xxxxx
#553 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 11:01:13 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

I tend to disagree with the delisting view mainly because minority shareholders are always screwed and never get that 'fair price".

The company was listed to enable them fund growth through equity. Once they get listed, these companies abandon equity and start opting for sophisticated debt and debt related instruments which backfire and poor public investors are then left with worthless paper. This is damaging to capital markets. Moreover the costs of maintaining the public listing are not the root cause of the company's problems.

Like you said yesterday, management, the board and strategic shareholders/investors need to stop worrying about share prices and focus on creating shareholder wealth. Share prices take care of themselves eventually. They do however need to be more open/ transparent about the company's operations/ progress

On this note, centum and trans century investors should be carefully..#sophisticated debt instruments have to bite any timeLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
VituVingiSana
#554 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 11:23:48 AM

mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

The market Is full of other similar monkeys why discriminate and de list a single one?

Coz I have shares in this funny monkey business Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
You can advocate for a delisting of your monkey. Applause Applause Applause
VituVingiSana
#555 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 11:30:59 AM

xxxxx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I tend to disagree with the delisting view mainly because minority shareholders are always screwed and never get that 'fair price".

The company was listed to enable them fund growth through equity. Once they get listed, these companies abandon equity and start opting for sophisticated debt and debt related instruments which backfire and poor public investors are then left with worthless paper. This is damaging to capital markets. Moreover the costs of maintaining the public listing are not the root cause of the company's problems.

Like you said yesterday, management, the board and strategic shareholders/investors need to stop worrying about share prices and focus on creating shareholder wealth. Share prices take care of themselves eventually. They do however need to be more open/ transparent about the company's operations/ progress

On this note, centum and trans century investors should be carefully..#sophisticated debt instruments have to bite any timeLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Transcentury bondholders were bamboozled. I don't think anyone will do another deal of this sort with them in the near future.
Centum is a different play and with their focus on "project finance" they can isolate the problems to the JV/SPV. I am ndani Centum.

On ARM, I want a FAIR price but as you mentioned there is a tendency for not being fair to minority shareholders e.g. Unga, REA (before the counterbids), Unilever, etc.
jgithige
#556 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2018 12:11:45 PM

sparkly wrote:
jgithige wrote:
obiero wrote:
jgithige wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Demand 5.62mn at 3.70
Supply ZERO

Pole sana

Good for. Price now at 4.05

We are now @ 4.45
VituVingiSana
#557 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2018 1:30:36 PM

What is going on here?

1.70mn on bid at 4.45 (1.30pm) with trades of 2mn+ with the last trade at 11.42pm
I do not usually buy for "trading" but my fingers are itching to take profits like @sparkly.

Based on my "Analysis" - there are too many variables so I am using NAV less another massive loss in 2018 with a breakeven 2019 as cheaper loans kick in, CDC provides working capital and TZ starts improving and then 2020 onwards back to enough cashflow to pay down the massive loans OR be bought out - I believe 10/- in 3Q 2020 is feasible.

Props to @xxxxx (who got me interested enough to read the Annual Report)
@sparkly - just coz Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly + others who contributed links/info, etc.

All that said, do I take my 25% in less than a month and run?
sparkly
#558 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2018 1:57:57 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
What is going on here?

1.70mn on bid at 4.45 (1.30pm) with trades of 2mn+ with the last trade at 11.42pm
I do not usually buy for "trading" but my fingers are itching to take profits like @sparkly.

Based on my "Analysis" - there are too many variables so I am using NAV less another massive loss in 2018 with a breakeven 2019 as cheaper loans kick in, CDC provides working capital and TZ starts improving and then 2020 onwards back to enough cashflow to pay down the massive loans OR be bought out - I believe 10/- in 3Q 2020 is feasible.

@sparkly - just coz Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly + others who contributed links/info, etc.

Technically speaking:

1. The fall from 6.00 to sub 3 was too steep. Share filling in the gaps between 6.00-3.00 hence the retracement.

2. If Investors are not confident of the fundamentals, the rally will breakdown around 4.50-5.00 and share will fall below 2.40.

3. If the bulls take over 6.00 will be smashed.

4. In conclusion watch the price around 4.50 - 5.00. If demand is weak, sell and wait for lower lows. If 5.00 and 6.00 are smashed, buy some more.
obiero
#559 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2018 7:00:00 PM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
What is going on here?

Technically speaking:

1. The fall from 6.00 to sub 3 was too steep. Share filling in the gaps between 6.00-3.00 hence the retracement.

2. If Investors are not confident of the fundamentals, the rally will breakdown around 4.50-5.00 and share will fall below 2.40.

3. If the bulls take over 6.00 will be smashed.

4. In conclusion watch the price around 4.50 - 5.00. If demand is weak, sell and wait for lower lows. If 5.00 and 6.00 are smashed, buy some more.

Hapa inahitaji ninja stock traders.. Possibility of getting caught up in the hype is high. But all the best to ya brave souls

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#560 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2018 7:46:16 AM

President Uhuru Kenyatta revokes ARM boss Pradeep Paunrana's appointment as Chairman of Anti Counterfeit Agency board,appoints Flora Mutahi as the new chairperson
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle