cyruskulei wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Juojo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
the deal wrote:
, @fyatu I saw the Atlas thread... Why repeat the same mistake? We have alot of Gems at the NSE... Companies like this are not worth it... That HFCK is Gonna explode after the rate cap is removed.... It's a nice contrarian play... Almost same industry as ARM Cement!

@deal Atlas proposition of chancho project was too good to ignore. However, as it turned out, those wazungus were outright criminals that exploited week elements at CMA. I invested in ARM after visiting their factory in Athi river and observing that operations were ongoing i.e., clinker was coming in aand ready mix concrete was coming out. I don't intend to add more shares but rather will hold and weather the storm...it is highly unlikely ARM will go the Atlas way. All indications are that all assets in Tanzania wil be sold and focus will be Kenya and Rwanda. Also CDC have initiated a turnaround thus the proverbial corner is not far off

Shame on you Shame on you ARM does not produce readymix concrete. You must have visited the wrong factory

So what do you call the product they are delivering HERE and other upcoming skyscrappers of Nairobi almost on a daily basis

https://twitter.com/RhinoCement/status/941646666762997760
#FakeNews Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Just kidding. I have no idea. I am following the saga coz it is fascinating!
Good luck!

Trust me. i have procured readymix in this market. They don't have a single readymix plant. They just sell cement to some guy who produces on their behalf. They are just a readymix broker who has a brand in the industry. Usidanganywe na posts za Shoshomedia

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
How does that work on a practical basis?
ARM supplies cement to another guy [who?] who then mixes in the extras and then sends it back to ARM?
Then ARM sells it to consumers?
Why can't ARM make their own readymix?
Who vouches for the quality?

ARM was the #3 cement when it listed firm but it has been eclipsed by others... ARM could have easily been #2 had it grown slowly and steadily.

What % market share do the various cement firms have in Kenya?

Lots of negative energy. Relax.

This counter has made people money very fast. If u bought last week @2.5 and say you managed to buy 100k shares, then now @3.65, just in a week u have made more than 100,000.00. Better than any other. The concept of buy low and sell high happens here and now.

Rocket rally prophecy has come to pass overcrowding @Obiero's fear uncertainty and doubt aka FUD.

Rocket indeed. I have seen the spike. All the best though, look closely at the volumes and remember there are many times the number of people who want to get out as those interested in coming in..

Isn't this the same philosophy/strategy you advocated for KQ?
The difference is that it actually happened in ARM vs KQ. Plus if @xxxxx is right then there's more to come for ARM over the next 12-18 months.

Good question. @VVS you have my number. Give me call for a candid discussion on how ARM willl play out. Everyone else will have to pay big bucks at least 300 USD per hour to participate.
Life is short. Live passionately.
mwekez@ji
#482 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2018 11:07:55 AM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Juojo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
the deal wrote:
, @fyatu I saw the Atlas thread... Why repeat the same mistake? We have alot of Gems at the NSE... Companies like this are not worth it... That HFCK is Gonna explode after the rate cap is removed.... It's a nice contrarian play... Almost same industry as ARM Cement!

@deal Atlas proposition of chancho project was too good to ignore. However, as it turned out, those wazungus were outright criminals that exploited week elements at CMA. I invested in ARM after visiting their factory in Athi river and observing that operations were ongoing i.e., clinker was coming in aand ready mix concrete was coming out. I don't intend to add more shares but rather will hold and weather the storm...it is highly unlikely ARM will go the Atlas way. All indications are that all assets in Tanzania wil be sold and focus will be Kenya and Rwanda. Also CDC have initiated a turnaround thus the proverbial corner is not far off

Shame on you Shame on you ARM does not produce readymix concrete. You must have visited the wrong factory

So what do you call the product they are delivering HERE and other upcoming skyscrappers of Nairobi almost on a daily basis

Good luck!

Trust me. i have procured readymix in this market. They don't have a single readymix plant. They just sell cement to some guy who produces on their behalf. They are just a readymix broker who has a brand in the industry. Usidanganywe na posts za Shoshomedia

ARM supplies cement to another guy [who?] who then mixes in the extras and then sends it back to ARM?

ARM was the #3 cement when it listed firm but it has been eclipsed by others... ARM could have easily been #2 had it grown slowly and steadily.

This counter has made people money very fast. If u bought last week @2.5 and say you managed to buy 100k shares, then now @3.65, just in a week u have made more than 100,000.00. Better than any other. The concept of buy low and sell high happens here and now.

Rocket rally prophecy has come to pass overcrowding @Obiero's fear uncertainty and doubt aka FUD.

Rocket indeed. I have seen the spike. All the best though, look closely at the volumes and remember there are many times the number of people who want to get out as those interested in coming in..

The difference is that it actually happened in ARM vs KQ. Plus if @xxxxx is right then there's more to come for ARM over the next 12-18 months.

Good question. @VVS you have my number. Give me call for a candid discussion on how ARM willl play out. Everyone else will have to pay big bucks at least 300 USD per hour to participate.

@sparkly, hit me at 2mwekezaji@gmail.com .... Am interested in this discussion but of course not at 300 USD per hour smile
VituVingiSana
#483 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2018 12:16:36 PM

@sparkly - I did some heavy late night reading yesterday starting with Annual Report, @xxxxx post, links sent by @Fyatu
I read Bamburi's Annual Report (the Chairman's Statement and some additional info) too.

BTW, it's interesting to note how much more info Bamburi provides vs ARM in their disclosures.

I am open to any additional info/corrections.

FY 2017 NAV of 23 - loss of 3/- for 1H 2018 - 3/- for 2H = 17/-
Then subtract another 2/- costs for restructuring (lawyers, bankers, etc) = 15/-

Then I spoke to the broker's analyst. I read what Warren Buffett spoke about re: turnarounds and patients on the table.
He doesn't like turnarounds but he also says if the sector is good, the firm is good, the management is good then a short illness should not be cause for alarm.

Is ARM a turnaround? I think it has financially (Balance Sheet not profits) turned around with CDC's help.
Is the sector healthy? Yes, in the medium term despite current woes. [I am Ok with long-term investments]
Is the firm a good firm? Fundamentally, I think so BUT no more debt!
Is the management good/trustworthy? History isn't too kind here but CDC is in the picture. New directors have been appointed.

I checked with my bank.
Finally, I called the broker/dealer.

I am now officially rooting for ARM.

I admit this was NOT in my investable list but at 3.70 vs estimated NAV of 15, my "moat" or margin of error is wide. Drool Drool Drool

@Sparkly - It's not often I say this but #TukoPamoja Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
xxxxx
#484 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2018 12:18:11 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Juojo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
the deal wrote:

Good luck!

@sparkly, hit me at 2mwekezaji@gmail.com .... Am interested in this discussion but of course not at 300 USD per hour smile

Applause Applause just watch and learn.....the difference between a good stock and a good investment. I told you it's about how much the market has discounted the bad news into the price.
xxxxx
#485 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2018 12:21:25 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
@sparkly - I did some heavy reading yesterday starting with Annual Report, @xxxxx post, links sent by @Fyatu
I read Bamburi's Annual Report (the Chairman's Statement and some additional info) too.
BTW, it's interesting to note how much more info Bamburi provides vs ARM in their disclosures.

I am open to any additional info/corrections.

FY 2017 NAV of 23 - loss of 3/- for 1H 2018 - 3/- for 2H = 17/-
Then subtract another 2/- costs for restructuring (lawyers, bankers, etc) = 15/-

Then I spoke to the broker's analyst.

Finally, the broker/dealer.

I am now officially rooting for ARM.

Applause Welcome to the clubApplause .
sparkly
#486 Posted : Sunday, July 08, 2018 3:37:48 PM

xxxxx wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Juojo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
the deal wrote:

Good luck!

Applause Applause just watch and learn.....the difference between a good stock and a good investment. I told you it's about how much the market has discounted the bad news into the price.

On Friday, ARM Cement Plc (ATHI:NAI) closed at 4.00, 66.67% above the 52 week low of 2.40 set on Jun 05, 2018 (www.ft.com)
obiero
#487 Posted : Sunday, July 08, 2018 3:46:00 PM

sparkly wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Juojo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
the deal wrote:

Good luck!

On Friday, ARM Cement Plc (ATHI:NAI) closed at 4.00, 66.67% above the 52 week low of 2.40 set on Jun 05, 2018 (www.ft.com)

The price is going up to allow the earlier loosers to exit at a respectable point not that the company is going to make a profit. It's actually likely to post a higher loss. But spectators are allowed to gamble. High risk high returns

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#488 Posted : Sunday, July 08, 2018 7:29:49 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Juojo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
the deal wrote:

Good luck!

The price is going up to allow the earlier loosers to exit at a respectable point not that the company is going to make a profit. It's actually likely to post a higher loss. But spectators are allowed to gamble. High risk high returns

Retracements are normal, let people make money.
obiero
#489 Posted : Sunday, July 08, 2018 7:40:36 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Juojo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
the deal wrote:

Good luck!

Normal but dangerous.. One could get trapped with crap on their hands

sparkly
#490 Posted : Sunday, July 08, 2018 8:09:24 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Juojo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
the deal wrote:

Good luck!

I agree. You gotta know your stuff. Master some technical analysis.
biddii
#491 Posted : Monday, July 09, 2018 9:02:08 AM

xxxxx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
The conversion price for the ARM shares was 40.
And vvs you were a fan of ARM.

Nope, not a fan (for a few years) but I have watched it with interest. I have no ARM shares though I do regret not buying them at 3/- in the late 90s. I have a few (insignificant) Bamburi bought back in the day.

Your chance to buy at 3 bob. Get a loan Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
So much choice, so little cash!
When do they usually release 1H results?
I remain cautious BUT as @xxxxx said, this could be a multi-bagger if they can get their cashflow problems behind them.

I think @Ericsson said the main lenders are Stanbic and AFC. Any insights on what the two want to do? [Killing off ARM might not be on the agenda but selling off the loss-making TZ biz - like KK did - could provide a lifeline.]
What's CDC's gameplan given it has 40%+ of ARM?
Will PHP be sacked?

I do hope ARM can be turned around since manufacturing is a value-adding industry from adding value to the local/EAC limestone deposits, EAC coal deposits to building in Kenya for Kenyans.

I do not believe PHP will be sacked. In fact, he sounds kind of happy and confident that the tough times are behind us now.

CDC recommended a $50M equity injection, plus a $90M term loan with a 3 year moratorium, plus further working capital lines of around $30M. The proposed tenor for the debt portion of the restructuring was proposed as a maximum of 10 years.

AFC, Stanbic, Aureos and other creditors will be paid off this time Fully using the funding from CDC and their short term debt replaced by CDCs working capital lines as well as part of the term loan facility. So they won't be having a say in the way forward. Recall that the AFC facility was one of the auditors biggest headaches. Its matures fully this year yet at audit time, ARM didn't provide any evidence regarding the source of refinancing to plug its hole.

With regards to the equity injection, finer details haven't yet been confirmed to us so all and sundry can draw their preliminary conclusions between now and when the detailed announcement is made. An additional dilution of $50M to steady the ship is very welcome for me as a current shareholder since it precludes cash calls from me in the very short run. It can do wonders ( Ask the TOTAL guys if in doubt)

Knowing what I know now, I wish I had acquired more of this thing. It's still a strong buy even at current prices if you have the dimez especially because CDC is in for the long haul ( or at least until turn around is completed) and this resolves the Going Concern question which freaked out Deloitte (the External Auditors) at the time of the final audit.

The negatives have been extremely magnified and priced in beyond what was reasonable, understandably so. However, as these fears get dispelled by credible information, I expect a decent price recovery (back to a minimum price of 10 or 15 in the near term.

We must move away from this piecemeal valuation of @ARMCEMENT as if it is not a going concern.

In view of the above, I'd be very disappointed if the Tanzanian plant is disposed of under any circumstances. I think it constitutes a core operational segment of ARM and all information indicates that it will survive.

xxxxx what is your source of this information? It seems pretty detailed and if announced officially would be a game changer.
biddii
#492 Posted : Monday, July 09, 2018 9:03:39 AM

I do not believe PHP will be sacked. In fact, he sounds kind of happy and confident that the tough times are behind us now.

CDC recommended a $50M equity injection, plus a $90M term loan with a 3 year moratorium, plus further working capital lines of around $30M. The proposed tenor for the debt portion of the restructuring was proposed as a maximum of 10 years.

AFC, Stanbic, Aureos and other creditors will be paid off this time Fully using the funding from CDC and their short term debt replaced by CDCs working capital lines as well as part of the term loan facility. So they won't be having a say in the way forward. Recall that the AFC facility was one of the auditors biggest headaches. Its matures fully this year yet at audit time, ARM didn't provide any evidence regarding the source of refinancing to plug its hole.

With regards to the equity injection, finer details haven't yet been confirmed to us so all and sundry can draw their preliminary conclusions between now and when the detailed announcement is made. An additional dilution of $50M to steady the ship is very welcome for me as a current shareholder since it precludes cash calls from me in the very short run. It can do wonders ( Ask the TOTAL guys if in doubt)

Knowing what I know now, I wish I had acquired more of this thing. It's still a strong buy even at current prices if you have the dimez especially because CDC is in for the long haul ( or at least until turn around is completed) and this resolves the Going Concern question which freaked out Deloitte (the External Auditors) at the time of the final audit.

The negatives have been extremely magnified and priced in beyond what was reasonable, understandably so. However, as these fears get dispelled by credible information, I expect a decent price recovery (back to a minimum price of 10 or 15 in the near term.

We must move away from this piecemeal valuation of @ARMCEMENT as if it is not a going concern.

In view of the above, I'd be very disappointed if the Tanzanian plant is disposed of under any circumstances. I think it constitutes a core operational segment of ARM and all information indicates that it will survive.

[/quote]

xxxxx what is your source of this information? It seems pretty detailed and if announced officially would be a game changer.
Juojo
#493 Posted : Monday, July 09, 2018 9:36:55 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Juojo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
the deal wrote:

Good luck!

ARM supplies cement to another guy [who?] who then mixes in the extras and then sends it back to ARM? Guy delivers directly to your site in their name
Why can't ARM make their own readymix? You need to set up a plant = capex / fixed costs / operations headache etc
Who vouches for the quality? That was my biggest question mark

Happiness is not the absence of problems, It's the ability to deal with them
Pirate
#494 Posted : Monday, July 09, 2018 11:29:05 AM

Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Juojo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
the deal wrote:

Good luck!

ARM supplies cement to another guy [who?] who then mixes in the extras and then sends it back to ARM? Guy delivers directly to your site in their name
Why can't ARM make their own readymix? You need to set up a plant = capex / fixed costs / operations headache etc

https://www.businessdail...3510-mx1ukyz/index.html How does this report impact the ARMs bottomline and the current rally

Knowledge is power , but action gets things done ...
obiero
#495 Posted : Monday, July 09, 2018 11:45:40 AM

Pirate wrote:
Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Juojo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
the deal wrote:

Good luck!

https://www.businessdail...3510-mx1ukyz/index.html How does this report impact the ARMs bottomline and the current rally

The last nail.. This is significant information that will shake the share back to logical level being sub KES 2

Metch
#496 Posted : Monday, July 09, 2018 12:17:04 PM

obiero wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Juojo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
the deal wrote:

Good luck!

The last nail.. This is significant information that will shake the share back to logical level being sub KES 2

I guess some giraffes foresaw it and orchestrated a mini rally to grease their exit. when you see a monkey rallying for no concrete reason... know someone is about to get shafted. lets see how slippery this slope gets
Start!
whiteowl
#497 Posted : Monday, July 09, 2018 1:11:00 PM

Metch wrote:
obiero wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Juojo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
the deal wrote:

Good luck!

I guess some giraffes foresaw it and orchestrated a mini rally to grease their exit. when you see a monkey rallying for no concrete reason... know someone is about to get shafted. lets see how slippery this slope gets

So these guys have been auditing ARM for over 10 years and they've just decided to share this info now?
lochaz-index
#498 Posted : Monday, July 09, 2018 1:21:04 PM

Pirate wrote:
Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Juojo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
the deal wrote:

Good luck!

Just as I had suspected...the balance sheet was lying thoroughly. Good luck to those inside.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
obiero
#499 Posted : Monday, July 09, 2018 2:17:20 PM

whiteowl wrote:
Metch wrote:
obiero wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Juojo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
the deal wrote:

Good luck!

So these guys have been auditing ARM for over 10 years and they've just decided to share this info now?

The exchange bar is always on the money. Follow @Yasserlist to the letter and you shall not get exposed when the tide flows out

obiero
#500 Posted : Monday, July 09, 2018 2:18:50 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Juojo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Juojo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
the deal wrote:

Good luck!

I agree. You gotta know your stuff. Master some technical analysis.

Insider analysis is more the term. This thing once traded at KES 90 and now people like @spikes @vvs get excited to see it at KES 3.65 and call it a rocket rally, fueled by what?? Hapa kuna shida kubwa kushinda yeyote ingine kwa NSE in 2018.. Even HAFR and Kurwitu are better investment options in the current state of things.. DO NOT TOUCH