ARM HY2017
Fyatu
#441 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 12:42:50 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Juojo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
the deal wrote:
, @fyatu I saw the Atlas thread... Why repeat the same mistake? We have alot of Gems at the NSE... Companies like this are not worth it... That HFCK is Gonna explode after the rate cap is removed.... It's a nice contrarian play... Almost same industry as ARM Cement!

@deal Atlas proposition of chancho project was too good to ignore. However, as it turned out, those wazungus were outright criminals that exploited week elements at CMA. I invested in ARM after visiting their factory in Athi river and observing that operations were ongoing i.e., clinker was coming in aand ready mix concrete was coming out. I don't intend to add more shares but rather will hold and weather the storm...it is highly unlikely ARM will go the Atlas way. All indications are that all assets in Tanzania wil be sold and focus will be Kenya and Rwanda. Also CDC have initiated a turnaround thus the proverbial corner is not far off

Shame on you Shame on you ARM does not produce readymix concrete. You must have visited the wrong factory

So what do you call the product they are delivering HERE and other upcoming skyscrappers of Nairobi almost on a daily basis

https://twitter.com/RhinoCement/status/941646666762997760
#FakeNews Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Just kidding. I have no idea. I am following the saga coz it is fascinating!
Good luck!

Remember only ARM and Bamburi are capable of producing heavy duty cement for such projects thus far, though i am aware Simba and Savannah are also eyeing this market. Remember SGR here in Kenya is ongoing and their heavy duty cement can only be supplied with those with capacity who at the moment are only ARM and Bamburi.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
VituVingiSana
#442 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 12:51:08 PM

BTW, the Net Equity of 20bn should see another hit in 1H 2018. I do not believe ARM can pull off a profit in 1H 2018.

This is reminiscent of KQ with loss after loss which erodes the capital base.

I wonder if CDC will step in to help. This may be interesting for speculators IF a strategic investor steps in and provides equity. Also a lender, backed by CDC or a SI, could give ARM cheaper long-term loans.

No, I am staying out. I like to sleep at night!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mlennyma
#443 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 1:06:44 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
BTW, the Net Equity of 20bn should see another hit in 1H 2018. I do not believe ARM can pull off a profit in 1H 2018.

I wonder if CDC will step in to help. This may be interesting for speculators IF a strategic investor steps in and provides equity. Also a lender, backed by CDC or a SI, could give ARM cheaper long-term loans.

looking at the trend today, there is a greedy lot who either know something or they are blind
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
heri
#444 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 1:25:31 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

You do not subscribe to the suggestion of having a speculation fund? WB mentions it but only for those who cannot stop themselves from speculating
sparkly
#445 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 2:00:20 PM

mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

looking at the trend today, there is a greedy lot who either know something or they are blind

Nothing new to know. We have seen the share climb down from the lofty 90 bob 4 years ago to the current 2.50 levels. Greed and fear will balance out in a couple of days.
Life is short. Live passionately.
muandiwambeu
#446 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 2:45:37 PM

Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Juojo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
the deal wrote:
, @fyatu I saw the Atlas thread... Why repeat the same mistake? We have alot of Gems at the NSE... Companies like this are not worth it... That HFCK is Gonna explode after the rate cap is removed.... It's a nice contrarian play... Almost same industry as ARM Cement!

@deal Atlas proposition of chancho project was too good to ignore. However, as it turned out, those wazungus were outright criminals that exploited week elements at CMA. I invested in ARM after visiting their factory in Athi river and observing that operations were ongoing i.e., clinker was coming in aand ready mix concrete was coming out. I don't intend to add more shares but rather will hold and weather the storm...it is highly unlikely ARM will go the Atlas way. All indications are that all assets in Tanzania wil be sold and focus will be Kenya and Rwanda. Also CDC have initiated a turnaround thus the proverbial corner is not far off

Shame on you Shame on you ARM does not produce readymix concrete. You must have visited the wrong factory

So what do you call the product they are delivering HERE and other upcoming skyscrappers of Nairobi almost on a daily basis

Good luck!

Remember only ARM and Bamburi are capable of producing heavy duty cement for such projects thus far, though i am aware Simba and Savannah are also eyeing this market. Remember SGR here in Kenya is ongoing and their heavy duty cement can only be supplied with those with capacity who at the moment are only ARM and Bamburi.

Translate that into bottom lines and tell us where you went wrong to soak it into us now. Hot air. Those blindly left behind believing in this storey will be in for long haul trip down when reality sinks into their mendula investae, 10mins to go... Sad, loosing on golden opportunities, at your hands now. Right!
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Fyatu
#447 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 3:11:37 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Juojo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
the deal wrote:

Good luck!

Translate that into bottom lines and tell us where you went wrong to soak it into us now. Hot air. Those blindly left behind believing in this storey will be in for long haul trip down when reality sinks into their mendula investae, 10mins to go... Sad, loosing on golden opportunities, at your hands now. Right!

Quote:

Let me laugh first....Pesa ni yangu rafiki. Whether i went wrong or right is nobody's business but my own and my nation(bibi na watoto). I am not obligated to explain to anyone on anything especially hapa wazua..I am not "soaking it to anyone"..i am just sharing information in the spirit of wazua...

A riddle goes like this...Winston Churchill drank a bottle of Scotch and two packs of Cigarettes everyday for most of his life but lived to be 90. Guess why he lived for relatively too long given his lifestyle??...drums rolling...He minded his own business

I am reminded it was 10 cigars a day and a total of 250000 during his lifetime
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
sparkly
#448 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 1:47:53 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

CDC confirmed to bail out ARM.
sparkly
#449 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 1:49:39 PM

Mastermind wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
The rally is here with us almost 20% now

levels to look out for if you entered at KES 2.55 are KES 3.4; KES 3.9; KES 4.3; KES 4.7.

I will be happy to exit at 4.7.

The light can at any time go from green to red without passing at yellow.

Now at 3.10
Ericsson
#450 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 1:57:19 PM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

For an additional stake or will it be shareholder loan
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
xxxxx
#451 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 2:30:05 PM

Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Truth is that at this point it doesn't matter so much.

The drastic share price tanking was caused by failure by CDC to confirm to the external auditors that they would back the company financially if need be (thereby defending their investments) yet this was a no brainer....hence the going concern BS.

Those currently invested know they have already been shafted by the market due to the poor performance of the company over the years. However, significant share price gains are expected purely as a result of CDC realizing their folly and making the support affirmation in whatever form, albeit belatedly and regardless of financial performance.

The army of experts from London is slowly learning how the stock market works when it comes to short term share prices.

Give them time.
obiero
#452 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 2:45:52 PM

xxxxx wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Truth is that at this point it doesn't matter so much.

The drastic share price tanking was caused by failure by CDC to confirm to the external auditors that they would back the company financially if need be (thereby defending their investments) yet this was a no brainer....hence the going concern BS.

Those currently invested know they have already been shafted by the market due to the poor performance of the company over the years. However, significant share price gains are expected purely as a result of CDC realizing their folly and making the support affirmation in whatever form, albeit belatedly and regardless of financial performance.

The army of experts from London is slowly learning how the stock market works when it comes to short term share prices.

Give them time.

Money down the drain by CDC. The business model is what needs fixing at ARM, not additional cash at this time.. Bamburi have already driven up capacity by initializing of their KES 4B plant. What market share will ARM be going for with reduced production? Ni kubaya

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#453 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 3:21:20 PM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Link?
Is it an equity investment? [If yes, at what price?]
Is it debt? [Terms?] Convertible Debt? [Terms?]

If it is an equity investment or convertible debt then ARM may be compelling as an investment (not speculation).

Also as @Obiero said the market has changed since 2016 i.e. other players are also expanding their capacity. Is Kenya over-supplied? Is EAC over-supplied? The construction industry in Kenya is slow at the moment.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#454 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 5:32:50 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Link?

If it is an equity investment or convertible debt then ARM may be compelling as an investment (not speculation).

Also as @Obiero said the market has changed since 2016 i.e. other players are also expanding their capacity. Is Kenya over-supplied? Is EAC over-supplied? The construction industry in Kenya is slow at the moment.

ARM is doomed. Their best bet is to link up with Simba, Savannah, Bamburi or any other cement producer who is currently in profit. Just sell off the damn thing, or close it down similar to what Nakumatt and Uchumi have done

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#455 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 8:40:53 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Link?

ARM is doomed. Their best bet is to link up with Simba, Savannah, Bamburi or any other cement producer who is currently in profit. Just sell off the damn thing, or close it down similar to what Nakumatt and Uchumi have done
Uchumi has sadly not shut down entirely and still leeching off the taxpayer.
I don’t know what the deal with Nakumatt is. I saw the location in Westlands was open and advertising it is fully stocked.
sparkly
#456 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 8:51:59 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Link?

ARM despite the troubles are playing in the league of world cup finalists. Why do you want them to play against Gor Mahia and Thika United?
xxxxx
#457 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 8:52:01 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Link?

Hahahaha....I can see the beef you have from the burned to ashes" situation in KQ is taking its toll. Don't worry, bits and pieces are being sold off every passing day..and we are buying them!Shame on you
Ericsson
#458 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 8:59:46 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Link?

I don’t know what the deal with Nakumatt is. I saw the location in Westlands was open and advertising it is fully stocked.

Nakumatt will come back as a small supermarket with few branches abt 10 countrywide.
The revenue it will be getting will be used to repay its sh.42bn debt for a couple of years.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
sparkly
#459 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 9:06:23 PM

xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Link?

Hahahaha....I can see the beef you have from the burned to ashes" situation in KQ is taking its toll. Don't worry, bits and pieces are being sold off every passing day..and we are buying them!Shame on you

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly be nice
VituVingiSana
#460 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 10:18:24 PM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Link?

Nakumatt will come back as a small supermarket with few branches abt 10 countrywide.
The revenue it will be getting will be used to repay its sh.42bn debt for a couple of years.
What happened to Tuskys taking over most of the Nakumatt branches? Carrefour, not Tuskys, has taken over some prime locations eg Junction.

42bn! That could take Nakumatt 30 years to pay off even if can make 1.4bn/year!

https://www.businessdail...41028-scvg8d/index.html >>> Tuskys takes over the former Uchumi in Westlands.