wazua Mon, May 13, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<4567>
UEFA Champions League (2017/18 Season)
Queen
#101 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 3:06:49 PM

2012 wrote:
I'm for Spurs! At least they don't need to work hard for the EPL, nothing to gain or lose there.

But the EPL ends this Sunday and the CL shall follow two weeks later so the effects of the EPL on CL is zilch.
Angelica _ann
#102 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 3:12:48 PM

Europa final in Baku - Arsenal vs Chelsea smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
madhaquer
#103 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 7:22:14 PM

Fullykenyan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
This is for Pochettino and Spurs to lose.

Look at head to head Pochettino vs Klopp, 9 with only 1 win.

I expect Liverpool to start with a higher tempo in the first half, but then i also expect their energy to wane off in the second half, and Second half will be where Liverpool will face their battle of Waterloo.
Spurs Midfield can Bully any team on this planet, and it is too bad if your players are tired.
Poch will win the final, and make a change to Barcelona

It's the defense that counts and Liverpool can be really tight at the back. I'm Liverpool all the way.
#104 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 8:15:50 PM

Queen wrote:
2012 wrote:
I'm for Spurs! At least they don't need to work hard for the EPL, nothing to gain or lose there.

But the EPL ends this Sunday and the CL shall follow two weeks later so the effects of the EPL on CL is zilch.

There will be an effect on Liverpool, a psychological one when they lose the title to the citizens. The so Close yet so far, twice in one month. Remember the 38th, final matches also played at the same time and they will both be going hard since both titles are not guaranteed.

I understand when you make it to these final they don't do the usual intense training but warm-ups and psychological, mental strengthening stuff and studying the opponent. Less on physical training.

BBI will solve it
:)
kaka2za
#105 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 12:46:00 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Europa final in Baku - Arsenal vs Chelsea smile

What a year for England!

Two London sides to travel about 5000 km for the Europa final in the Azerbaijan capital.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Queen
#106 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 8:49:14 AM

2012 wrote:
Queen wrote:
2012 wrote:

There will be an effect on Liverpool, a psychological one when they lose the title to the citizens. The so Close yet so far, twice in one month. Remember the 38th, final matches also played at the same time and they will both be going hard since both titles are not guaranteed.

I understand when you make it to these final they don't do the usual intense training but warm-ups and psychological, mental strengthening stuff and studying the opponent. Less on physical training.

Liverpool knows quite well that their destiny is not in their own hands so there should be no psychological effect at all if City doesn't collapse on the final day. It's even worse now that City shall be playing lowly Brighton.
Fullykenyan
#107 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 2:12:41 PM

Queen wrote:
2012 wrote:
Queen wrote:
2012 wrote:

Liverpool knows quite well that their destiny is not in their own hands so there should be no psychological effect at all if City doesn't collapse on the final day. It's even worse now that City shall be playing lowly Brighton.

Pep seems to be clueless when playing lowly teams. I hate Liverpool but at least it is a traditional club, unlike the Oil Mercenaries that are City and Chelsea. In this case, i had rather have a liverpool win and a draw or lose for City.
Am sure with Ole on the wheel, we shall rebuild and challenge for titles in three years time.
Queen
#108 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 4:12:45 PM

Fullykenyan wrote:
Queen wrote:
2012 wrote:
Queen wrote:
2012 wrote:

Pep seems to be clueless when playing lowly teams. I hate Liverpool but at least it is a traditional club, unlike the Oil Mercenaries that are City and Chelsea. In this case, i had rather have a liverpool win and a draw or lose for City.
Am sure with Ole on the wheel, we shall rebuild and challenge for titles in three years time.

No serious Man U fan would want a Liverpool win for obvious reasons.

Similarly, there is no knowledgeable arsenal fan who would wish Spurs well.
#109 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 5:55:45 PM

Queen wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
Queen wrote:
2012 wrote:
Queen wrote:
2012 wrote:

He he... but I'm sure they would prefer Lpool over Arsenal.

BBI will solve it
Queen
#110 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 6:25:18 PM

2012 wrote:
Queen wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
Queen wrote:
2012 wrote:
Queen wrote:
2012 wrote:

If you are talking about fans in Kenya, probably. However, in England, Arsenal is nowhere near what you would call a rival to Man U. Man U v Arsenal is just another fixture.

In England, Man U v Liverpool is considered more of a derby than Man U v Man City.

kaka2za
#111 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 9:46:04 PM

Queen wrote:
2012 wrote:
Queen wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
Queen wrote:
2012 wrote:
Queen wrote:
2012 wrote:

If you are talking about fans in Kenya, probably. However, in England, Arsenal is nowhere near what you would call a rival to Man U. Man U v Arsenal is just another fixture.

In England, Man U v Liverpool is considered more of a derby than Man U v Man City.

True. I was reading a Manutd fans blog and they were imploring their team to let Mancity win the last derby to prevent Liverpool from winning the title.
There was a personality clash between Wenger and Sir Alex but the arsenal Vs manutd rivalry is quite muted in England .
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Angelica _ann
#112 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 11:53:25 PM

Arsenal yawa beaten 4:1 by Chelsea in Europa final Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
#113 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:50:25 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Arsenal yawa beaten 4:1 by Chelsea in Europa final Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I'm very close to ditching Arsenal. Last warning. I'm only giving them 10 more seasons.

Anyway, isn't it amazing that the finalalists of Europe and UCL are English teams? I don't think ita has ever happened. Says alot about that league right now.

BBI will solve it
kingfisher
#114 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 11:53:13 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Arsenal wamesema ngojeni home game. Away imekuwa ngumu. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
Queen
#115 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 11:14:12 AM

2012 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

I'm very close to ditching Arsenal. Last warning. I'm only giving them 10 more seasons.

Anyway, isn't it amazing that the finalalists of Europe and UCL are English teams? I don't think ita has ever happened. Says alot about that league right now.

Are you aware that in both teams, there was only a single player from England? Says a lot about soccer talent amongst English players.
Angelica _ann
#116 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 11:46:10 AM

Queen wrote:
2012 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Are you aware that in both teams, there was only a single player from England? Says a lot about soccer talent amongst English players.

Arsenal had 2, Chelsea had 1 (for those who played).
Queen
#117 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 1:37:10 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Queen wrote:
2012 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

I don't know "how many played" but what I know for a fact is that there was only one, I repeat only one English player in the starting elevens of both teams ( Arsenal one, Chelsea nil) this you can take to the bank even if it's equity.
tycho
#118 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 4:56:31 PM

Queen wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Queen wrote:
2012 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

I don't know "how many played" but what I know for a fact is that there was only one, I repeat only one English player in the starting elevens of both teams ( Arsenal one, Chelsea nil) this you can take to the bank even if it's equity.

If you know the starting elevens then you know most of those who played. But hypothetically, if in fact there were zero players for your England line up, and then Southgate happens to call a player from each team, tonight. Would you still be correct?

Do you think past England squads matter?

Anyway, this is a rather complicated matter...
Queen
#119 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2019 11:03:56 AM

tycho wrote:
Queen wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Queen wrote:
2012 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

If you know the starting elevens then you know most of those who played. But hypothetically, if in fact there were zero players for your England line up, and then Southgate happens to call a player from each team, tonight. Would you still be correct?

Do you think past England squads matter?

Anyway, this is a rather complicated matter...

I would still be right because Eden Hazard wiped the floor completely with the only England player who was in the starting eleven, therefore one can argue that there was NIL England players in the starting lineups because AMN was there and yet wasn't there....
Angelica _ann
#120 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2019 10:34:48 PM

UCL final, Liverpool leading courtesy of Saleh!!!