wazua Sat, Apr 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages<12345>»
UEFA Champions League (2017/18 Season)
Angelica _ann
#41 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 12:07:27 PM

kaka2za wrote:
What happens to caretaker Managers when they are confirmed?

Manutd are back to Mourinhno days.

I dont really think OGS is bad, he is trying to revive a team that was deadbeat smile . They were not walloped as such, goalie blunder. At the moment Man U has no outright strikers, something they need to address urgently. In the 1st 15 minutes or so, they had 3 chances which they should have converted at least one.

Some of the players need to leave starting with Pogba smile

Let us see what he does next year.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Queen
#42 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 2:53:13 PM

2012 wrote:
What! Ajax knocked out Juve at Juve??Applause

I'm learning that now, I had dismissed the young team as being lucky that far. This is what I should have watched instead of that other walk-over match.

No serious soccer fan would have sat and watched Barca v United match and fail to know the result of Juve v Ajax before retiring to bed.
Queen
#43 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 2:59:21 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

I dont really think OGS is bad, he is trying to revive a team that was deadbeat smile . They were not walloped as such, goalie blunder. At the moment Man U has no outright strikers, something they need to address urgently. In the 1st 15 minutes or so, they had 3 chances which they should have converted at least one.

Agreed, OGS might not be a super manager but it's foolhardy to gauge a team by their results against a super club like Barca which plays soccer the way God intended it to be played.

It's just like gauging Unai Emery against Pep. Quite misleading.
kaka2za
#44 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 5:26:40 PM

Queen wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Agreed, OGS might not be a super manager but it's foolhardy to gauge a team by their results against a super club like Barca which plays soccer the way God intended it to be played.

Manutd actually played better last night than they did against West Ham. However, performance has gone south since he got the job.Di Matteo went through a similar experience.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Jump-steady
#45 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 6:29:27 PM

Queen wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

@Queen, you are an adoring fanApplause
Lolest!
#46 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:17:36 PM

Poor Pep!

Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
kaka2za
#47 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:44:39 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Poor Pep!

Pep needs Messi to win ECL
(James Russell Rowell)
Angelica _ann
#48 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:50:37 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Poor Pep!

Beautiful game kabisa that was!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
#49 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2019 2:45:02 PM

I would have put my money on Liverpool to make it to the final... but Messi happened.

BBI will solve it
:)
Queen
#50 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2019 2:56:14 PM

2012 wrote:
I would have put my money on Liverpool to make it to the final... but Messi happened.

You expected Liverpool to beat a team that play soccer the way God intended it to be played and more so at their own Temple? A big ask!
Angelica _ann
#51 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2019 2:57:58 PM

Looks like Barcelona Vs Ajax final. I wonder how the Ajax boys will fair against Messi.
Queen
#52 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2019 3:07:49 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Looks like Barcelona Vs Ajax final. I wonder how the Ajax boys will fair against Messi.

No chance. They might not even go past Spurs, never mind their 1-0 away win. Whenever I watch them play, Ajax reminds me of Wolves when playing against the top six sides in epl. A funny game which somehow yield results.
freiks
#53 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2019 3:32:17 PM

Queen wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

No chance. They might not even go past Spurs, never mind their 1-0 away win. Whenever I watch them play, Ajax reminds me of Wolves when playing against the top six sides in epl. A funny game which somehow yield results.

We heard the same music when they played against RM and the Old Lady, for me Ajax are the favorites. And by the way Barca are not yet in finals
Life is an endless adventure
safariant
#54 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2019 4:36:03 PM

freiks wrote:
Queen wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

We heard the same music when they played against RM and the Old Lady, for me Ajax are the favorites. And by the way Barca are not yet in finals

Roma vs Barca last year comes to mind.
The greatest act of bravery is chancing a fart while suffering from diarrhoea
Angelica _ann
#55 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2019 4:40:51 PM

safariant wrote:
freiks wrote:
Queen wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Roma had the crucial away goal!!!
Queen
#56 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2019 8:52:19 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
safariant wrote:
freiks wrote:
Queen wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Roma had the crucial away goal!!!

True. 3-0 and 4-1, big difference. Barca shall throw a cat amongst the pegions when ( not if) they score at Anfield.
Queen
#57 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2019 8:57:06 AM

freiks wrote:
Queen wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

.........And by the way Barca are not yet in finals

That is immaterial. The point is if, and that is a big IF, Liverpool make it to the Final, then they will effortlessly wipe the floor with Ajax ( assuming Ajax negotiate their way past Spurs which, by the way, won't be easy)

My point is Ajax is a poor man's version of Barca.
#58 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2019 10:38:42 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Spurs have a very good chance. The two teams were very evenly matched, their defence made a sad calculated error on that goal.
Liverpool has a slim chance too. In my opinion, they lost the battle in the midfield and of course Messi's brilliance. But they will have the 12th player too at home.

BBI will solve it
:)
kaka2za
#59 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2019 1:45:00 PM

Ajax will win it if they get to the final.

Those boys play without fear.
(James Russell Rowell)
Queen
#60 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2019 2:41:14 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Ajax will win it if they get to the final.

Those boys play without fear.

Youthful exuberance can propel a team to the final but stage fright will always inevitably set in at the thought of playing for a trophy on the big occasion.

That's why Ajax were beaten by a very average Manchester United team at the Europa league final. This also explains to some extent why the WC is always won by the usual suspects.

Any team that faces Barca at the final will have it very rough since the final shall be staged at the Wanda Metropolitano, a stadium where Barca will feel very much at home.