wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

20 Pages<1234>»
Sonko sets a high bar for Governors
Gathige
#21 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 7:50:51 PM

Just seen a clip of him in Rwanda accompanying UMK during Kagame's swearing in Ceremony. Kweli Mambo yabadilika. Wale wasisema Sonk Hajui Kizungu ole wao. Next trip might to China to negotiate Nbi's rapid transit system.

Sonko may surprise everyone.

"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Lolest!
#22 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 10:13:33 PM

Just seen a tweet that Nairobi County will be collecting trash daily in the estates

Kuna biashara zitakufa
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
washiku
#23 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 11:30:25 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Just seen a tweet that Nairobi County will be collecting trash daily in the estates

Kuna biashara zitakufa

#24 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 11:43:41 PM

The board of Nairobi Water Company will not be renewing the CEO's contract which expires on 1st Jan 2018, further to that, the board has send the CEO on immediate terminal leave to the expiry of his contract.

"The best news I've heard today! Way to go SONKO!“

BBI will solve it
:)
kayhara
#25 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 9:12:12 AM

Lolest! wrote:

Kuna biashara zitakufa

Sonko also said they shall license collectors with proper equipment, then change the payment formula from being paid for garbage loaded to being paid for garbage delivered at the dump, so those collectors who dump by the roadside don't get paid.
The road into the dump is also to be constructed, during rainy seasons its hell and collectors dump the rubbish just at the entrance
To Each His Own
Angelica _ann
#26 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 1:46:52 PM

safariant wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
I am watching how all new Governors are scrambling to copy Soko's example of reducing the cost of swearing in ceremonies. Even D Maina has got in on the act.

Does this mean we are likely to see the end of home comings, gas guzzlers, bench marking trips abroad, chase cars and other examples of conspicuous consumption?

Maybe,just maybe.

I suspect this is advice from Igathe and the Corporate world.Doing things within means.

Am optimistic.

There is a model that has emerged in Counties of fronting a populist and a technocrat pair at the helm and Wananchi seem to have responded bigly. Good examples are: Mombasa, Nyeri, Nairobi, Kiambu etc. It has no basis in law and the Governor still holds all the power. But I hope it works.

Nyeri?

I thought Nyeri is Vision 2030 technocrat ama?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Rahatupu
#27 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 9:00:31 PM

Cartels tumbling fast....started with markets, parking and garbage. Next will be water. Interesting times ahead
Wakanyugi
#28 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 9:46:16 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
safariant wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
I am watching how all new Governors are scrambling to copy Soko's example of reducing the cost of swearing in ceremonies. Even D Maina has got in on the act.

Does this mean we are likely to see the end of home comings, gas guzzlers, bench marking trips abroad, chase cars and other examples of conspicuous consumption?

Maybe,just maybe.

I suspect this is advice from Igathe and the Corporate world.Doing things within means.

Am optimistic.

There is a model that has emerged in Counties of fronting a populist and a technocrat pair at the helm and Wananchi seem to have responded bigly. Good examples are: Mombasa, Nyeri, Nairobi, Kiambu etc. It has no basis in law and the Governor still holds all the power. But I hope it works.

Nyeri?

Yes you are right. His Deputy though is a fairly popular trade unionist. One with a common touch with Wanjiku. I suspect his job will include keeping pesky MCA's pulling in the same direction as the Governor. They made the first Govenor's life hell.
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
safariant
#29 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 12:39:13 AM

Wakanyugi wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
safariant wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:

Maybe,just maybe.

Am optimistic.

Nyeri?

Yes you are right. His Deputy though is a fairly popular trade unionist. One with a common touch with Wanjiku. I suspect his job will include keeping pesky MCA's pulling in the same direction as the Governor. They made the first Govenor's life hell.

29 out of 30 MCA's were cleared out in the last election. This time round they will tread with care.
The greatest act of bravery is chancing a fart while suffering from diarrhoea
kayhara
#30 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 11:40:45 AM

Rahatupu wrote:
Cartels tumbling fast....started with markets, parking and garbage. Next will be water. Interesting times ahead

just a different crop of cartels taking over the territory of another, remember Sonko is also a cartel by himself, watch closely as sonko rescue team take over most of the city odd tenders eg cleaning, waste management, water, matatu, and taxi business, the thing is that this cartel is for and by the young guys the city fathers have to take a side seat.
To Each His Own
hardwood
#31 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 12:08:28 PM

Yep. He has set a high bar....

Angelica _ann
#32 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 12:15:11 PM

kayhara wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:

just a different crop of cartels taking over the territory of another, remember Sonko is also a cartel by himself, watch closely as sonko rescue team take over most of the city odd tenders eg cleaning, waste management, water, matatu, and taxi business, the thing is that this cartel is for and by the young guys the city fathers have to take a side seat.

If this happens and the majority of Nairobians get the desired results, then well and good. Also create employment for the youth smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
newfarer
#33 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 12:24:22 PM

sonko will definitely leave us better than where kidero put us in
punda amecheka
washiku
#34 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 3:41:06 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
kayhara wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:

If this happens and the majority of Nairobians get the desired results, then well and good. Also create employment for the youth smile smile smile

Exactly. My problem actually has never been who gets the job, as long as whoever gets the job delivers.
washiku
#35 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 3:45:14 PM

kaka2za
#36 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 6:42:21 PM

Looks like son of Jomo will be monitoring Nairobi county closely

Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Angelica _ann
#37 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 7:04:50 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Looks like son of Jomo will be monitoring Nairobi county closely

I hope National Government can now pay what it owes the County in arrears bila stress so that services can improve smile smile smile
shanoka
#38 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2017 3:19:56 AM

kayhara wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:

Bright side is that his cartel money will at least go back to the people...
Baby steps.

Let the people get used to higher standards of service in the city and then start demanding this of future candidates.
Wakanyugi
#39 Posted : Wednesday, August 23, 2017 4:42:55 PM

shanoka wrote:
kayhara wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:

Baby steps.

Let the people get used to higher standards of service in the city and then start demanding this of future candidates.

Sonko, Waititu and Joho are starting with expectations so low that they may surprise us. I hope they do. At least it will remove the smirk from those elite intellectuals who think going to University is the sin qua non for leadership.
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
mkenyan
#40 Posted : Wednesday, August 23, 2017 7:40:46 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
shanoka wrote:
kayhara wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:

Baby steps.

Sonko, Waititu and Joho are starting with expectations so low that they may surprise us. I hope they do. At least it will remove the smirk from those elite intellectuals who think going to University is the sin qua non for leadership.

joho?