wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

20 Pages123>»
Sonko sets a high bar for Governors
Wakanyugi
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 4:45:33 PM

I am watching how all new Governors are scrambling to copy Soko's example of reducing the cost of swearing in ceremonies. Even D Maina has got in on the act.

Does this mean we are likely to see the end of home comings, gas guzzlers, bench marking trips abroad, chase cars and other examples of conspicuous consumption?
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
Bigchick
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 5:24:33 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
I am watching how all new Governors are scrambling to copy Soko's example of reducing the cost of swearing in ceremonies. Even D Maina has got in on the act.

Does this mean we are likely to see the end of home comings, gas guzzlers, bench marking trips abroad, chase cars and other examples of conspicuous consumption?

Maybe,just maybe.

I suspect this is advice from Igathe and the Corporate world.Doing things within means.

Am optimistic.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Rollins
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 5:37:39 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:

Too early to tell. Let him start working and realize his budget has things like fumigation etc....
Even a BrOKeN clock is right twice a day
Kusadikika
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 6:44:57 PM

I was not for Sonko but i am beginning to come around. It is actually not a bad idea to have a populist governor. Even if he governs by the whims of the majority those whims will always be inclined to good things. I am sure the majority will always want a clean city, sufficient provision of clean water etc. For you to remain popular you must do something good and that is good. He is also hardcore enough to deal with the Kidero Cartels and I am sure he has the goodwill to be able to do that.
obiero
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 6:48:28 PM

Rollins wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:

Too early to tell. Let him start working and realize his budget has things like fumigation etc....

Get some serious internet connection and YouTube the guy, you will change your mind in a jiffy.. He's a born leader with a heart for the hoi poloi

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
kayhara
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 10:24:33 PM

How are the Nairobi County MCAs aligned, are they NASA majority or Jubilee and friendly majority, will they support sonko or sabotage him like the Makueni baggers (good thing almost all got kicked out).
But really impressed by the little things that matter and kanjo job eg garbage collection, not heard or seen igathe but hope he is checking kidero and the county accounts, also hope they fire some department heads or ask all employees to apply for their positions afresh.
To Each His Own
Lolest!
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 10:38:43 PM

The teams doing cleanup are from rescue team?

Seen guys lauding the good work on fb
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Euge
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 11:58:51 PM

Good job Sonko. I didnt vote for him but he has won my heart. I passed by Kangemi this morning and was disgusted by the piles of garbage that had disappeared during Gakuo's time and appeared during Kidero's "error"
Lord, thank you!
Shak
#9 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 9:04:11 AM

Lolest! wrote:
The teams doing cleanup are from rescue team?

Seen guys lauding the good work on fb

It's the Sonko rescue team doing the clean up. I believe once he officially takes over the county on Monday he will engage them on a formal basis
Njung'e
#10 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 9:07:30 AM

kayhara wrote:
How are the Nairobi County MCAs aligned, are they NASA majority or Jubilee and friendly majority, will they support sonko or sabotage him like the Makueni baggers (good thing almost all got kicked out).
But really impressed by the little things that matter and kanjo job eg garbage collection, not heard or seen igathe but hope he is checking kidero and the county accounts, also hope they fire some department heads or ask all employees to apply for their positions afresh.

Jubilee - 45 MCAs
NASA - 40MCAs.

Sonko has no excuses
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Angelica _ann
#11 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 9:51:23 AM

Njung'e wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Jubilee - 45 MCAs
NASA - 40MCAs.

Sonko has no excuses

Will even be more after nominations (gap will widen), plus a friendly speaker!!!! Wish him well.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Sober
#12 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 10:50:15 AM

we wish him all the best. someone once mentioned that Nairobi is the gateway to Kenya hence the need to first work on the city's looks and then cut down on the misappropriation of resources so as the populist 'reduction of taxes' doesn't land the county without resources to operate.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
wukan
#13 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 11:26:57 AM

I like the level of enthusiasm and high spirits in that sonko rescue team. They are on the road early in the morning, they work cheerfully scrubbing and even on top of garbage trucks. Their presence is so noticeable I hope kanjo workers get the mindset. This how the NYS thing should have worked if Kabura & co had not messed it up. I hope there is a way of going round the conflict of interest and get the young guys to continue earning a living doing service to the community.
Wakanyugi
#14 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 2:44:40 PM

Bigchick wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:

Maybe,just maybe.

I suspect this is advice from Igathe and the Corporate world.Doing things within means.

Am optimistic.

There is a model that has emerged in Counties of fronting a populist and a technocrat pair at the helm and Wananchi seem to have responded bigly. Good examples are: Mombasa, Nyeri, Nairobi, Kiambu etc. It has no basis in law and the Governor still holds all the power. But I hope it works.
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
Wakanyugi
#15 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 2:46:28 PM

obiero wrote:
Rollins wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:

Get some serious internet connection and YouTube the guy, you will change your mind in a jiffy.. He's a born leader with a heart for the hoi poloi

So long as he keeps his hands off Uhuru park, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt

Wakanyugi
#16 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 2:48:08 PM

Njung'e wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Jubilee - 45 MCAs
NASA - 40MCAs.

Sonko has no excuses

On a different note, how will the two Independent Governors manage?
Iganamagana
#17 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 3:41:01 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Jubilee - 45 MCAs
NASA - 40MCAs.

Sonko has no excuses

Bench marking trips now and then.
Wakanyugi
#18 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 3:53:38 PM

Iganamagana wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Jubilee - 45 MCAs
NASA - 40MCAs.

Sonko has no excuses

Bench marking trips now and then.

True

But the massacre that MCA's have seen this round might also put some reason into their bench marking heads.
safariant
#19 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 4:58:09 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:

Maybe,just maybe.

Am optimistic.

There is a model that has emerged in Counties of fronting a populist and a technocrat pair at the helm and Wananchi seem to have responded bigly. Good examples are: Mombasa, Nyeri, Nairobi, Kiambu etc. It has no basis in law and the Governor still holds all the power. But I hope it works.

Nyeri?
The greatest act of bravery is chancing a fart while suffering from diarrhoea
mkeiy
#20 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 7:23:35 PM

Bigchick wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:

Maybe,just maybe.

Am optimistic.

Truth! Whole truth & nothing but the truth.
It's Igathe's advice at play to Sonko since 2011.
As a matter of fact,it is Igathe who is advising Ngilu as well on how to run Kitui county.
Applause Applause Applause