wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
Next ODM leader after Raila
Gathige
#21 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 7:34:58 PM

RAO is not going anywhere soon. he will be in the ballot in 2022.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
thuks
#22 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 7:40:37 PM

Gathige wrote:
RAO is not going anywhere soon. he will be in the ballot in 2022.

When is NASA's burial?
I care!
harrydre
#23 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 1:35:09 AM

kaka2za wrote:
2012 wrote:
ODM is dead. It's like KANU without Moi. KANU is hanging by a thread known as Gideon Moi. Maybe ODM needs a family successor as well and that would be Rosemary.

The real KANU just won elections!

M0i said they will rule & reign for 100 yrs. 46 to go!
i.am.back!!!!
Mike Ock
#24 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 4:51:06 AM

limanika wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Drobos fly wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Hakuna vacancy. Jaramogi vied for Presidency in 1992 when he was in his 80s so his son will follow suit

Actually from the way he is dealing with circumstances presently, that is so sooo true.

Am so disappointed in him. Why can't he just let go?

I've said it before. He drinks politics, eats politics, dreams politics every single day. In other words, hes addicted to politcs or politicaholic if theres such a word. Its in his subconscious and, sadly, he can't help it. So, unless he is taken to 'rehab' he will continue till he has no more energy. Best thing we can do is to ignore him. Can media give him blackout?

I suspect they messed up his landing gear in Nyayo torture chambers such that he can't perform any more. That would explain why he's so obsessed with his job like this. Once you remove from a man the pursuit of women, the only major purpose left is work or religion.
sparkly
#25 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 8:59:23 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Drobos fly wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Hakuna vacancy. Jaramogi vied for Presidency in 1992 when he was in his 80s so his son will follow suit

Actually from the way he is dealing with circumstances presently, that is so sooo true.

A lion does not simply leave his pride. It has to be taken away from him by force by another lion.

Sadly RAO is the only lion in Nyanza. The likes of Tuju, Dalmas and Kidero are just cubs.
Life is short. Live passionately.
washiku
#26 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 9:31:55 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Drobos fly wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

SocialMediaSphere are saying he is not the problem. The problem is the #10BillionStrongStory #Oligarch. He must demonstrate he did everything possible to get this thing.
Njung'e
#27 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 9:40:08 AM

washiku wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Drobos fly wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

SocialMediaSphere are saying he is not the problem. The problem is the #10BillionStrongStory #Oligarch. He must demonstrate he did everything possible to get this thing.

I am of the same opinion. I did not know Jimmy Wanjigi was so much after a Raila win until i saw him join the NASA chiefs at Bomas just before their late meeting with IEBC commissioners. ION, news, who amongst the NASA Principals will be the first to tell Raila off?
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Ngalaka
#28 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 10:57:50 AM

Njung'e wrote:
washiku wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Drobos fly wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

I am of the same opinion. I did not know Jimmy Wanjigi was so much after a Raila win until i saw him join the NASA chiefs at Bomas just before their late meeting with IEBC commissioners. ION, news, who amongst the NASA Principals will be the first to tell Raila off?

There is another perspective here – Given the hard stance taken by the international community on NASA dog-whistle call for violence, right now the likes of Kalonzo got to be fighting acute diarrhoea.
Subsequently they must abandon Raila.
Raila then achieves one of his immediate goals, - excuse to trash the useless pact with Kalonzo in regard to 2022.

Just like that, Kalonzo has been played yet again!
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
Njung'e
#29 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 11:26:58 AM

Ngalaka wrote:
[quote=Njung'e][quote=washiku][quote=Angelica _ann][quote=Drobos fly][quote=kaka2za]
There is another perspective here – Given the hard stance taken by the international community on NASA dog-whistle call for violence, right now the likes of Kalonzo got to be fighting acute diarrhoea.
Raila then achieves one of his immediate goals, - excuse to trash the useless pact with Kalonzo in regard to 2022.

Just like that, Kalonzo played yet again!

In which case if i were Kalonzo or Mudavadi, the time to dump Raila is now!!. They said many bad things about Jubilee and it's supporters and so they really need to redeem themselves pretty first. Use Babu's stubbornness and silly antics to cleanse themselves. Afterall, Babu is finished and all this nonsense seems more of an ODM affair. ama?smile
Ngalaka
#30 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 12:04:20 PM

Njung'e wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:
[quote=Njung'e][quote=washiku][quote=Angelica _ann][quote=Drobos fly][quote=kaka2za]

Just like that, Kalonzo played yet again!

In which case if i were Kalonzo or Mudavadi, the time to dump Raila is now!!. They said many bad things about Jubilee and it's supporters and so they really need to redeem themselves pretty first. Use Babu's stubbornness and silly antics to cleanse themselves. Afterall, Babu is finished and all this nonsense seems more of an ODM affair. ama?smile

Kamba nation is dumbfounded.
Though they are smarting from being (mis)led down the garden path by Kalonzo, they are solidly against violence and unproductive confrontations.

As for Kalonzo and the likes, they have little choice but jump ship. The prospect of visa ban is too dire to contemplate;
- They still have some political life ahead of them
- They have family residing/studying abroad and the attendant risk of their visa being withdrawn isn't funny.
- the rebel/dissident tag doesn't sit too well on them.
MuchNo
#31 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 1:49:54 PM

sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Drobos fly wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

A lion does not simply leave his pride. It has to be taken away from him by force by another lion.

Sadly RAO is the only lion in Nyanza. The likes of Tuju, Dalmas and Kidero are just cubs.

Governor-elect Anyang Nyong'o has made the only utterances that exhibit leadership in Luo Nyanza today. He called on people to go back to work and to shun violence. In sum, he knows that his future is aligned with the well-being of the county, and a county that has its economy grind to a halt because Baba was not elected president is not the economy the Mr Nyang'o wants to inherit.

Tuju does not want Baba's mantle. If Tuju is to be a Luo Nyanza leader, he will forge his own following. However, that's a tall order after Jaramogi and Raila have established fanatical followers that see Tuju as a sell-out. Tuju's best bet is to establish himself as a national leader from Nairobi.

Kidero was a one-term wonder. He is the current example of how a successful (?) captain of industry does not a successful politician make. He failed to capture the Nairobi populace's support, he failed to serve the Nairobi populace, and it is almost certain that he will fail to capture the attention of the Luo Nyanza populace.

Dalmas is too old to directly participate in today's politics. So who does this leave? Sen Orengo is busy making utterances that he will regret. He burnt valuable international bridges when he accused President Mahama of Ghana, President Mbeki of South Africa and Secretary Kerry of the USA of being partisan.

I would venture a guess that depending on his ability to uplift Kisumu County to be a better place than he found it, this leaves Gov Anyang Nyang'o as the obvious choice to take over the mantle of national leadership of the Luo Nyanza nation. He is a clear thinker, articulate in word and deed, and he has international support.

Time will tell, but my money's on him. The biggest danger that he faces in this quest is Baba himself. If I can see this, Baba saw it long ago; and, seeing as Baba will want to run again in '22, he will see Gov Nyong'o as a direct threat - so he may start to malign any effort that Gov Nyong'o may make at making something of Kisumu. The next 5 years will be very inetersting indeed.
KulaRaha
#32 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 1:54:34 PM

Joho?
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Ngalaka
#33 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 2:01:37 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Joho?

Wishful thinking.
Zero chance.
Ngalaka
#34 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 2:05:12 PM

MuchNo wrote:

Governor-elect Anyang Nyong'o has made the only utterances that exhibit leadership in Luo Nyanza today. He called on people to go back to work and to shun violence. In sum, he knows that his future is aligned with the well-being of the county, and a county that has its economy grind to a halt because Baba was not elected president is not the economy the Mr Nyang'o wants to inherit.

Tuju does not want Baba's mantle. If Tuju is to be a Luo Nyanza leader, he will forge his own following. However, that's a tall order after Jaramogi and Raila have established fanatical followers that see Tuju as a sell-out. Tuju's best bet is to establish himself as a national leader from Nairobi.

Kidero was a one-term wonder. He is the current example of how a successful (?) captain of industry does not a successful politician make. He failed to capture the Nairobi populace's support, he failed to serve the Nairobi populace, and it is almost certain that he will fail to capture the attention of the Luo Nyanza populace.

Dalmas is too old to directly participate in today's politics. So who does this leave? Sen Orengo is busy making utterances that he will regret. He burnt valuable international bridges when he accused President Mahama of Ghana, President Mbeki of South Africa and Secretary Kerry of the USA of being partisan.

I would venture a guess that depending on his ability to uplift Kisumu County to be a better place than he found it, this leaves Gov Anyang Nyang'o as the obvious choice to take over the mantle of national leadership of the Luo Nyanza nation. He is a clear thinker, articulate in word and deed, and he has international support.

Time will tell, but my money's on him. The biggest danger that he faces in this quest is Baba himself. If I can see this, Baba saw it long ago; and, seeing as Baba will want to run again in '22, he will see Gov Nyong'o as a direct threat - so he may start to malign any effort that Gov Nyong'o may make at making something of Kisumu. The next 5 years will be very inetersting indeed.

Good analysis.
But Nyong'os state of well being heath-wise rules him out.
Orengo has better chances despite his hawkish stance.
washiku
#35 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 2:19:41 PM

kaka2za
#36 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 2:35:01 PM

Orengo was close to Jaramogi but was forced by circumstances to support RAO.
I have a feeling he is deliberately leading Baba to ruin!
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
wukan
#37 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 2:39:39 PM

MuchNo wrote:

Kisumu will do well once the SGR is done. It sits on a strategic point when you view it from google maps. It sits in the same position as Buffalo, Cleavland, Chicago. The 8 Billion port will be a game-changer. It will give Kisumu trade influence westwards into eastern DRC. With trade comes capital with capital comes political power not the other way round. If the county govt can get its act together especially in spatial planning and urban planning (contain the urban sprawl), it will be more strategic in future. The next 5-10 years will be very interesting. Baba's pending retirement is the natural way of things.
Wakanyugi
#38 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 2:43:05 PM

Njung'e wrote:
washiku wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Drobos fly wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

This is something I don't understand. Even assuming the story that Wanjigi sunk 10b in the NASA campaign is true, how would he ever collect if the 5 principles tell him to take a hike? Or what hold does he have on them?
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
Obi 1 Kanobi
#39 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 2:51:38 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
washiku wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Drobos fly wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

This is something I don't understand. Even assuming the story that Wanjigi sunk 10b in the NASA campaign is true, how would he ever collect if the 5 principles tell him to take a hike? Or what hold does he have on them?

I don't think that NASA as an organization even spent 1Bn on its campaigns, (not considering amounts spent by MP,Gov, MCA, Sen etc in their individual capacities)

Jimmy Wanjigi will be told to go fly a kite
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Njung'e
#40 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 3:15:53 PM

Press conference by David Musila and 9 MP elects from Ukambani.

"Kambas have been in opposition for 5 years and cannot afford to be there anymore"

Laughing out loudly

I am 100% this statement is with Kalonzo's blessing. Babu on his own.Poor manPray