Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages<1234>»
Market Direction with Election
mamilli
#21 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 7:32:31 PM

mlennyma wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Trafalgar78 wrote:
What happens after August 8? Do I collect my profits for the next 1 week and then buy after the election? My average returns since January are 45%. Was thinking its time to get out but what do other investors think.

Thanks.

These are the potential outcomes after the election:
1. Elections are peaceful. Jubilee wins per the oponion polls - Market has factored in this possibility hence the sharp rise this year. No major change expected in market.
2. NASA wins elections are peacefull - Uncertainty on new government policies towards investments leading to a fall in market.
3. Either side wins, elections are violent - Market collapses.

In conclusion 1/3 the market doesn't change, 2/3 the market falls. You are better off taking your 45% profits.

I also think take your 45% and if things are smooth sacrifice 10% of this 45% for commission and price appreciation to buy back

@Trafalgar78,you could as well recoup your principal and leave the 45% gains.As for me,am all in(balls included) if the market capitulates,nasema "sande yesu" alafu naziokota on the cheap.
Never lose your position in a bull market,BTFD.
obiero
#22 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 7:46:32 PM

mamilli wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Trafalgar78 wrote:
What happens after August 8? Do I collect my profits for the next 1 week and then buy after the election? My average returns since January are 45%. Was thinking its time to get out but what do other investors think.

Thanks.

1. Elections are peaceful. Jubilee wins per the oponion polls - Market has factored in this possibility hence the sharp rise this year. No major change expected in market.
2. NASA wins elections are peacefull - Uncertainty on new government policies towards investments leading to a fall in market.

In conclusion 1/3 the market doesn't change, 2/3 the market falls. You are better off taking your 45% profits.

I also think take your 45% and if things are smooth sacrifice 10% of this 45% for commission and price appreciation to buy back

@Trafalgar78,you could as well recoup your principal and leave the 45% gains.As for me,am all in(balls included) if the market capitulates,nasema "sande yesu" alafu naziokota on the cheap.

That's a sober approach

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
mufasa
#23 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 6:58:16 AM

Be greedy when others are fearful.
The NSE has proven to be independent of politics.
Do it today! Tomorrow is promise to no-one.
obiero
#24 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 8:05:12 AM

mufasa wrote:
Be greedy when others are fearful.
The NSE has proven to be independent of politics.

Very independent

sparkly
#25 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 8:24:20 AM

winmak wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Trafalgar78 wrote:

Thanks.

Is NASA really that business unfriendly?

For your reading

https://docs.google.com/...GvPdqDOHsAY/mobilebasic

Quote:

CONCLUSION: A Raila Odinga administration will not fit in with Trump Administration‘s strategic interests in the Horn of Africa region, and USG’s economic interests in East Africa. Furthermore, President Kenyatta’s administration has been a reliable partner in the Global war on Terror, and a valued ally in a volatile and explosive region. The United States cannot afford to gamble with an unpredictable leader, who could re-initiate their dealings with the Russian bloc or other nations that do not share our values.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#26 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 10:39:17 AM

sparkly wrote:
winmak wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Trafalgar78 wrote:

Thanks.

For your reading

Quote:

CONCLUSION: A Raila Odinga administration will not fit in with Trump Administration‘s strategic interests in the Horn of Africa region, and USG’s economic interests in East Africa. Furthermore, President Kenyatta’s administration has been a reliable partner in the Global war on Terror, and a valued ally in a volatile and explosive region. The United States cannot afford to gamble with an unpredictable leader, who could re-initiate their dealings with the Russian bloc or other nations that do not share our values.

Trump himself is unstable

whiteowl
#27 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 11:03:28 AM

Anyone who wins or rigs needs to do it with a clear margin of 700k+ votes. A tight result will start a big circus but that's also good for buyers.
muandiwambeu
#28 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 12:23:47 PM

whiteowl wrote:
Anyone who wins or rigs needs to do it with a clear margin of 700k+ votes. A tight result will start a big circus but that's also good for buyers.

The stakes are high, and pressure is mounting.Pray Pray Pray
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
winston
#29 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 3:24:04 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
winmak wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Trafalgar78 wrote:

Thanks.

For your reading

Quote:

And not too sure Trump will be disappointed with associations with the Russians...
obiero
#30 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 5:48:28 PM

winston wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
winmak wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Trafalgar78 wrote:

Thanks.

For your reading

Quote:

And not too sure Trump will be disappointed with associations with the Russians...

Exactly

winston
#31 Posted : Monday, August 07, 2017 11:29:02 AM

So far...market is largely unmoved with election hours away.

Pre-election time had no impact.

Now we await post-election time...tick tock tick tock
KulaRaha
#32 Posted : Monday, August 07, 2017 11:48:25 AM

Intimidation Tactics Gagging Traders in Kenya's Currency Market https://www.bloomberg.co...-kenya-s-currency-market
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
kayhara
#33 Posted : Monday, August 07, 2017 11:48:29 AM

winston wrote:
So far...market is largely unmoved with election hours away.

Pre-election time had no impact.

Now we await post-election time...tick tock tick tock

Market doing just fine, normal volumes no price spikes just the your normal NSE
To Each His Own
wukan
#34 Posted : Monday, August 07, 2017 12:43:53 PM

[quote=KulaRaha]Intimidation Tactics Gagging Traders in Kenya's Currency Market https://www.bloomberg.co...kenya-s-currency-market[/quote]

WahSad Sad Short squeeze momentDrool Drool
kinyash
#35 Posted : Monday, August 07, 2017 2:26:43 PM

Fake news
winston
#36 Posted : Monday, August 07, 2017 2:30:48 PM

[quote=KulaRaha]Intimidation Tactics Gagging Traders in Kenya's Currency Market https://www.bloomberg.co...kenya-s-currency-market[/quote]

Trying to figure out the link between the currency markets and our securities exchange...is the suggestion that government has interfered with currency markets and this has resulted in current NSE status or is the suggestion that the similar underhand manipulation moves are responsible for current NSE status?
bartum
#37 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 9:37:46 AM

winston wrote:

Trying to figure out the link between the currency markets and our securities exchange...is the suggestion that government has interfered with currency markets and this has resulted in current NSE status or is the suggestion that the similar underhand manipulation moves are responsible for current NSE status?

Where are we now
Ericsson
#38 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 10:26:02 AM

With peace during the election period expect a rally in insurance counters
@Obiero said there will be a partial reversal in the interest rates cap law.
Banking stocks will edge higher
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
ARAP CHARLES
#39 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 10:28:10 AM

Ericsson wrote:
With peace during the election period expect a rally in insurance counters
@Obiero said there will be a partial reversal in the interest rates cap law.
Banking stocks will edge higher

I agree with you.
Watch and Listen and Live
winston
#40 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 10:36:08 AM

Still early days...voting is done...counting almost done...announcement/acceptance/move-on still to come. Lets continue to pray for Peace.