wazua Wed, Apr 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

What to do with 500,000 for two weeks
Coolbull
#1 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2017 11:00:37 PM

Let me put it this way...for purpose of simplicity.

Someone has given me 500,000/= for safe keeping for a period of two weeks and maximum one month. I am wondering what can I do with this money to earn some return before the owner asks for it.

Swenani
#2 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2017 11:45:53 PM

Coolbull wrote:

Someone has given me 500,000/= for safe keeping for a period of two weeks and maximum one month. I am wondering what can I do with this money to earn some return before the owner asks for it.

Cytonn will give you 5k after one month.
Alternatively, travel to Luanda in western Kenya, buy bhang worth 200K, spend 100K on transport, 200K on bribes sell it in Nairobi for 600K.If you manage 4 trips in a month, you will have a cool 400K in profit
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Mike Ock
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 2:20:29 AM

Coolbull wrote:

Ask for 10% commission for the safekeeping job since obviously that is dirty money
sparkly
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:02:56 AM

Coolbull wrote:

Give short term salary loans. Mwezi iko mbaya.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Angelica _ann
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 8:42:37 AM

Create a 'niligongwa' story and eat the whole of it d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Coolbull
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 9:14:36 AM

@Swenani - thanks I will contact them though I was hoping it could be higher - or I become a shylock?

@Mike Ock - It's clean money for an upcoming project for an old retiree. So before works starts I'm having ideas.

@Angelica-ann - Ngai pesa ya 'shosh' niseme niligongwa! Hiyo ni kuitisha ile radi hufanya press-ups Kisii.Pray
kaka2za
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 12:10:00 PM

Coolbull wrote:
@Swenani - thanks I will contact them though I was hoping it could be higher - or I become a shylock?

@Mike Ock - It's clean money for an upcoming project for an old retiree. So before works starts I'm having ideas.

@Angelica-ann - Ngai pesa ya 'shosh' niseme niligongwa! Hiyo ni kuitisha ile radi hufanya press-ups Kisii.Pray

You will contact ganja farmers?
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Angelica _ann
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 12:13:05 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Coolbull wrote:

Pole, i thought it was from some confused girl at work, ili iwe funzo !!!!!! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Swenani
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:38:55 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Coolbull wrote:

Kuna sida?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Muthawamunene
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:56:37 PM

Coolbull wrote:

Two weeks ago, had you bought 120,000 shares of CIC insurance at 4.00 ksh, you would have at least 50,00O ksh in you pocket right now.

Do not try this right now, hindsight kills speculators.

My advice is to let this one go and prepare for the next opportunity by educating yourself and next time you won't even think twice on what to do with short term money, or long term for that matter.
obiero
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 7:03:38 PM

Muthawamunene wrote:
Coolbull wrote:

Two weeks ago, had you bought 120,000 shares of CIC insurance at 4.00 ksh, you would have at least 50,00O ksh in you pocket right now.

My advice is to let this one go and prepare for the next opportunity by educating yourself and next time you won't even think twice on what to do with short term money, or long term for that matter.

Never trade with OPP

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Muthawamunene
#12 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 7:10:18 PM

obiero wrote:
Muthawamunene wrote:
Coolbull wrote:

Never trade with OPP

Unless you have yours to back it up.
Muthawamunene
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 7:12:38 PM

Muthawamunene wrote:
obiero wrote:
Muthawamunene wrote:
Coolbull wrote:

Never trade with OPP

Which of course defeats the purpose of trading with other people's money. You're right. I fold.
hamburglar
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 8:30:20 AM

Coolbull wrote:

Go to OLX and spend a whole day obsessively looking for somebody that's desperately selling a car. Corner that person with a low ball offer since they are desperate. Carry like 100k in a bag when you meet him and show it to him and tell him that the deal can be sealed within minutes if he takes your offer. Confuse him. Cash is king so you would have them by the balls. There are a lot of people who are in a fix and will take a big hit if it means getting the cash that they so desperately need. Take the car to your local mechanic, have him fix all the minor details within a day and then sell the car for a huge profit. Sometimes for even as much as 100k profit. Cars being sold for under 500k have a huge market in Kenya, and if your mechanic does a stellar job, that car will be off the market like hot cake so you won't have to worry about not having your shosh's money after a month.
chiaroscuro
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 03, 2017 3:33:08 PM

Mike Ock wrote:
Coolbull wrote:

Ask for 10% commission for the safekeeping job since obviously that is dirty money

More realistic to ask for 2% handling fee = sh1,000
e295
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 03, 2017 3:38:22 PM

10k you mean
Sober
#17 Posted : Thursday, August 03, 2017 4:39:27 PM

Were you given the money in Cash? let's begin from there..
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Coolbull
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 11:46:30 PM

Muthawamunene wrote:
Muthawamunene wrote:
obiero wrote:
Muthawamunene wrote:
Coolbull wrote:

Never trade with OPP

Yeah, stocks can be a gamble. That I avoided.

Which of course defeats the purpose of trading with other people's money. You're right. I fold.

Coolbull
#19 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 11:48:20 PM

Sober wrote:
Were you given the money in Cash? let's begin from there..

Yes, hard cash.