wazua Thu, May 30, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Current fish prices
Kusadikika
#21 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2017 7:22:10 PM

What kind of fish does Lake Turkana produce and where can it be bought?

What about Mt. Kenya Trout?

The rate at which waterways are being polluted I think the only way you can get clean fish is either to grow your own or get it from a very remote source.
Swenani
#22 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2017 7:51:38 PM

Kusadikika wrote:

The rate at which waterways are being polluted I think the only way you can get clean fish is either to grow your own or get it from a very remote source.

I'm interested to learn how to grow fishsmile
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Impunity
#23 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2017 9:08:58 PM

Kusadikika wrote:

Remote source is the only way for me.
Very fresh and full of cod liver oil n omega 3.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Thitifini
#24 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 1:02:49 AM

Bigchick wrote:
harrydre wrote:
Need to differentiate fish fish and fis fish.

@Thitifini is a decent guy.He is not like Swe...something.He means fish fish.

Thank you @BigChick. Kama unasimama mahali niambie. Kura yangu kwako (not the kikuyu version SMH).
d'oh!

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
Bigchick
#25 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 4:56:01 AM

Thitifini wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
harrydre wrote:

Thank you @BigChick. Kama unasimama mahali niambie. Kura yangu kwako (not the kikuyu version SMH).
d'oh!

As in "Mùtì wàkù ñì wàķwà"

smile smile

Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Coolio
#26 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 8:08:39 PM

Bigchick wrote:
Thitifini wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
harrydre wrote:

d'oh!

smile smile
It should be mútí wakwa ní waku.

Nadondosha meli kubwa seuze ngalawa!
Angelica _ann
#27 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 9:01:47 PM

Bigchick atasimama aje?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hardwood
#28 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 9:39:38 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Bigchick atasimama aje?

But her nipples and ninio (cli*) can simama.
washiku
#29 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 11:10:57 PM

Bigchick wrote:
Thitifini wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
harrydre wrote:

d'oh!

smile smile

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Ala...munaombana mùtì tukiona tu?
Dahatre
#30 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 10:31:26 AM

urstill1 wrote:

Sea fish goes for 150/kg from the fisherman by the beach. However, if it hits the butcheries of the coastal towns, goes for nothing less than 400/kg. For hotels/restaurants, it should be higher than that. The 700/kg may be permissible when cooked. Nam Lolwe Tilapia is very expensive, same goes to mud and lung fishes. Very expensive. The Chinese Tilapia is very very very very cheap. The only place you can be assured of Lolwe fish is from the fishermen from the lake. Any other source is very likely to be Chinese fish.

Just learned the other day that Nam Lolwe is the actual name of lake Victoria and wondered why we never went back to the name...Much better sounding honestly.

P/S I know nothing about fish..
urstill1
#31 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 4:48:50 PM

Dahatre wrote:
urstill1 wrote:

Sea fish goes for 150/kg from the fisherman by the beach. However, if it hits the butcheries of the coastal towns, goes for nothing less than 400/kg. For hotels/restaurants, it should be higher than that. The 700/kg may be permissible when cooked. Nam Lolwe Tilapia is very expensive, same goes to mud and lung fishes. Very expensive. The Chinese Tilapia is very very very very cheap. The only place you can be assured of Lolwe fish is from the fishermen from the lake. Any other source is very likely to be Chinese fish.

Just learned the other day that Nam Lolwe is the actual name of lake Victoria and wondered why we never went back to the name...Much better sounding honestly.

Coz it is known differently in Uganda and Tanzania. No consensus among the 3 countries sharing the lake. There's also the Inyanza word.
Impunity
#32 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 9:15:30 PM

urstill1 wrote:
Dahatre wrote:
urstill1 wrote:

Coz it is known differently in Uganda and Tanzania. No consensus among the 3 countries sharing the lake. There's also the Inyanza word.

What wa's the origin of nyanza name and what does it mean?

Alba
#33 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 9:20:12 PM

Dahatre wrote:
urstill1 wrote:

I remember from standard 3 geography that it was actually known as Lake Sango. That was before some Muzungu renamed it Lake Victoria.
Impunity
#34 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 9:29:16 PM

Alba wrote:
Dahatre wrote:
urstill1 wrote:

I remember from standard 3 geography that it was actually known as Lake Sango. That was before some Muzungu renamed it Lake Victoria.

Sango is something slightly tofauti.
It has been called Lolwe,Sango is actually a peninsula...it's that village settlement in Kendu Bay...a huge chunk of dry land extended into the lake.

Iganamagana
#35 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 8:54:57 AM

urstill1 wrote:
Dahatre wrote:
urstill1 wrote:

We cant agree on a name? EAC legislature should consult and come up with one. Victoria is alien.
sparkly
#36 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 5:47:14 PM

Fresh fish is unavailable. It must be the elections.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Swenani
#37 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 6:34:32 PM

sparkly wrote:

Visit ole dume roundabout anynight from 10.00pm onwards, you will see a guard with banner written "Spa, Massage"

Once inside,There is a massage menu to choose from then identify the fish, pay enjoy and thank me later.

If you're lucky and do a good job, the fish might ask for your number and you will be getting free fish in your hse or preferred venue
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Thitifini
#38 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 12:21:23 PM

Swenani wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Visit ole dume roundabout anynight from 10.00pm onwards, you will see a guard with banner written "Spa, Massage"

Once inside,There is a massage menu to choose from then identify the fish, pay enjoy and thank me later.

If you're lucky and do a good job, the fish might ask for your number and you will be getting free fish in your hse or preferred venue

Ain't this suicidal?

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
Bigchick
#39 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 12:28:31 PM

sparkly wrote:

Acquire taste for sea fish and you will get it in plenty huko city mkt.

Ya Turukana pia imeanza kufika.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Angelica _ann
#40 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 12:33:02 PM

Thitifini wrote:
Swenani wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Ain't this suicidal?

Then you go to preferred venue .. kosewe, mama oliech etc
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen