wazua Tue, Jun 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
No. 33 David Ndii
kivairu
#1 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 7:53:04 AM

https://richtopia.com/in...ople/top-100-economists

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein.
Sober
#2 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 9:31:04 AM

Improved by one position...
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
quicksand
#3 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 10:33:32 AM

Heavy with academics,...which is not to diminish their contributions, but people who actually influence and run (or have run) economic policy in several big treasuries and central banks are missing ....no Mario Draghi, Mark Carney, Janet Yellen...Bernanke is waaaay down in #51 ....Greenspan set in motion a series of events that led to the financial meltdown of 2008 (good intention, sound theory, didn't account for greed and corruption) ..not a mention. Varoufakis at #18 there should probably be near the top cause of his pitched battle with the ECB while trying to save the Greek economy as well as his depth of academic achievements ....
Circling round to local economics, anything Dr Paul Njoroge does, or any of the policy wonks at the Treasury will likely have a more immediate and probably long-term effect compared to theoretical postulations by Ndii .....
Obi 1 Kanobi
#4 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 11:05:12 AM

kivairu wrote:
https://richtopia.com/inspirational-people/top-100-economists

Applause Applause Applause Take a bow Dr Ndii, that is exalted company you share.

I am however surprised that there are no Chinese/Asian names on that list, surely someone has to have done something right in China and Asia in General, how do they explain their growth (I know intellectual theft is one but there is more)
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Liv
#5 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 11:12:54 AM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
kivairu wrote:

Applause Applause Applause Take a bow Dr Ndii, that is exalted company you share.

I am however surprised that there are no Chinese/Asian names on that list, surely someone has to have done something right in China and Asia in General, how do they explain their growth (I know intellectual theft is one but there is more)

The introduction says that the data is based on social media contributions....Twitter, Facebook, etc. You can actually add your name in the richtopia database and start twitting regularly.... Next year you will be in the list.
washiku
#6 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 11:25:46 AM

Liv wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
kivairu wrote:

The introduction says that the data is based on social media contributions....Twitter, Facebook, etc. You can actually add your name in the richtopia database and start twitting regularly.... Next year you will be in the list.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Musimo
#7 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 11:45:11 AM

quicksand wrote:
Heavy with academics
Circling round to local economics, anything Dr Paul Njoroge does, or any of the policy wonks at the Treasury will likely have a more immediate and probably long-term effect compared to theoretical postulations by Ndii .....

I remember his academic postulation that reviving the old line at a fraction of the SGR cost would have been sound, then I remember RVR consortium and their trial and error since 2005 and still no result up until today. Moral of my boring story: Experience trumps academics anyday.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#8 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 12:16:35 PM

Liv wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
kivairu wrote:

Would it kill you to acknowledge that regardless of method used to derive the list, its quite something to be included in top 100 list of anything in the world?

There's just too much bile in the world.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
maka
#9 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 12:45:16 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Liv wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
kivairu wrote:

Would it kill you to acknowledge that regardless of method used to derive the list, its quite something to be included in top 100 list of anything in the world?

Truesmile
possunt quia posse videntur
wanyee
#10 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 2:45:47 PM

media created careers..such a hoax
Liv
#11 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 11:12:42 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Liv wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
kivairu wrote:

Nonsense!!! Why should I acknowledge? Is there anything he has acknowledged that was accomplished by those he opposes himself? Being noisy on Facebook and twitting all over doesn't mean anything to me.

It is a free world .... You don't gag people on what they can say or acknowledge or not acknowledge... Have you been asked to acknowledge anything that Jubilee has done for example?

Spikes
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 4:29:51 AM

Liv wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Liv wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
kivairu wrote:

Nonsense!!! Why should I acknowledge? Is there anything he has acknowledged that was accomplished by those he opposes himself? Being noisy on Facebook and twitting all over doesn't mean anything to me.

It is a free world .... You don't gag people on what they can say or acknowledge or not acknowledge... Have you been asked to acknowledge anything that Jubilee has done for example?

Absolute lunacy! Most influential economist for what? I haven't seen anything new from David Ndii.I can only acknowledge someone as most influential when the individual's ideas are new and viable. Not just being noisy in a bid to reflect other early economists' works .No way.Even @Wazuans are the most influential only that this site was not considered when coming up with the list that I perceive as vague.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Spikes
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 6:52:09 AM

In which economic criteria would you declare Ndii most influential if he can't comprehend and explain a simple concept : why despite being cheap a needle sinks in the ocean and a ship floats as it costs billions of shillings?
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
quicksand
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:08:03 AM

Spikes wrote:
In which economic criteria would you declare Ndii most influential if he can't comprehend and explain a simple concept : why despite being cheap a needle sinks in the ocean and a ship floats as it costs billions of shillings?

Can't tell if you are joking or not ...haven't had my morning coffee ....but is an understanding of Physics a prerequisite for a successful economics career?
patrazi
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 12:32:04 PM

Those of us who don't understand the criteria used to rate Ndii congratulate him. At least he was noticed on a global scale. Those who are unhappy let them try and excel in their various fields. When they reach top 100 we'll congratulate them.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 3:08:04 PM

Liv wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Liv wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
kivairu wrote:

OK My bad,,, I think objectivity could actually kill you
Liv
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 3:36:07 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Liv wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Liv wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
kivairu wrote:

OK My bad,,, I think objectivity could actually kill you

Stop it!! If that is objectivity, then your definition of Objectivity is very subjective.
maka
#18 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 7:02:51 PM

Spikes wrote:
Liv wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Liv wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
kivairu wrote:

Absolute lunacy! Most influential economist for what? I haven't seen anything new from David Ndii.I can only acknowledge someone as most influential when the individual's ideas are new and viable. Not just being noisy in a bid to reflect other early economists' works .No way.Even @Wazuans are the most influential only that this site was not considered when coming up with the list that I perceive as vague.

possunt quia posse videntur
Liv
#19 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 11:42:52 PM

maka wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Liv wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Liv wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
kivairu wrote:

Good job.... He will make a great shadow cabinet secretary for finance
chiaroscuro
#20 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 10:36:39 AM

What economic policy has David Ndii ever proposed and got implemented and what influence did it have?

Hii ni upuzi mtupu!