wazua Tue, May 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages<12345>»
Hessy wa [INSERT MTAA IN EASTLANDO HERE]
newfarer
#41 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 10:52:23 PM

good riddance.these thugs steal phones too and kill and brag about it if you never knew.
punda amecheka
tycho
#42 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 12:59:01 AM

Humanity is made and guaranteed by the law, and when we break the law or facilitate such breaking of the law, no matter how advantageous it may seem to be, we destroy humanity.

For some, it's better to have a phone than be human.

We are a people of little understanding.
hamburglar
#43 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:28:07 AM

There is no debate here. What are we even discussing? Fagia wote. That's the only deterrent there is to this menace. Maliza wote.

Next topic.
hamburglar
#44 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:35:14 AM

Deleted
hamburglar
#45 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:40:19 AM

hamburglar wrote:

But if you think shooting an 18 year old in her bedroom is a manly thing to do, then we have to reconsider this idea of initiation in africa and circumcision.

Alma1
Wait until that very same 18 year old female thug ambushes you in your bedroom with a gun when you are sleeping. That's the day you and your manly initiated and circumcised ass will crap your pants.

tycho
#46 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:43:21 AM

hamburglar wrote:
There is no debate here. What are we even discussing? Fagia wote. That's the only deterrent there is to this menace. Maliza wote.

Next topic.

Ujinga kweli, hauna dawa.
tycho
#47 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 10:41:10 AM

If you claim that there's evidence beyond reasonable doubt that these young people are robbers, why not kill them lawfully?

Why is it that the evidence presented in court is insufficient to take most of them beyond remand?

I think most of us are excited about killing, but if you want to kill do it lawfully. Otherwise we are soon going to be in a jungle where everyone is an assassin.
Anti_Burglar
#48 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 11:22:23 AM

tycho wrote:
Humanity is made and guaranteed by the law, and when we break the law or facilitate such breaking of the law, no matter how advantageous it may seem to be, we destroy humanity.

Philosophy is proper and good in the lecture theatre. Maybe there are myriad lecture theaters all over in Eastlands .....

Advising the young men and women should be supported by all. Those against current efforts to persuade, sweet talk, convince and exhort the young men and women to engage in mutually beneficial income generating activities in the society are anti-social. They are evil.
wukan
#49 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 11:53:25 AM

Let me leave this year in case one of the clowns you vote in August gets inspired. It's called the neighborhood effect

Quote:
The Truly Disadvantaged told a different tale. It explained the rise of "a new type of urban poverty," as Sharkey calls it. Wilson described how the erosion of manufacturing drove up joblessness. Cities transformed from "centers of goods processing to centers of information processing." Their growth industries required workers with more education. And the jobs that required less learning were sprouting up in suburbs and exurbs, according to one study cited by Wilson, "far removed from growing concentrations of poorly educated urban minorities."

Wilson also stressed a social shift: the desertion of inner-city neighborhoods by working- and middle-class black families. Their exodus weakened a "social buffer" that could "deflect the full impact" of economic hardship, he argued. It eroded local institutions like churches, schools, and stores. And it removed "mainstream role models" who could reinforce the value of education, work, and family.

The result "was a concentration of poverty in the urban ghetto that was associated with an array of social problems, including violence, homelessness, joblessness, rising rates of families headed by single women, and welfare receipt," as Sharkey summarizes it in his book. "Whereas the ghetto of the 1940s was a place where all classes of African-American families were forced to live, the ghetto of the 1980s was a place where the most impoverished African-Americans had been abandoned."

In its capacity to spawn multiple interpretations, Wilson's book was "like the Bible," writes the urban historian Thomas J. Sugrue. It resonated with "liberal advocates of equality and conservative critics of the black family." It influenced policies to deconcentrate poverty by tearing down projects and offering vouchers to escape ghettos.

You can read the rest here

Gathige
#50 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 12:28:23 PM

tycho wrote:
If you claim that there's evidence beyond reasonable doubt that these young people are robbers, why not kill them lawfully?

Why is it that the evidence presented in court is insufficient to take most of them beyond remand?

I think most of us are excited about killing, but if you want to kill do it lawfully. Otherwise we are soon going to be in a jungle where everyone is an assassin.

@tycho, the general progression is from disorder to order. In the current state of disorder the criminals are cleared and then we can have order and we all live in a society governed by the rule of law. In most instances, the criminals are armed and whoever fires first has high survival chances.

"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Iganamagana
#51 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 1:45:46 PM

tycho wrote:

I am not for extra-judicial killing but you sound like a foreigner here. Our judicial system is clearly dysfunctional.
Iganamagana
#52 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 1:49:00 PM

tycho wrote:
hamburglar wrote:

Next topic.

Ujinga kweli, hauna dawa.

Sad You made @tycho speak in a language we can understand!
wukan
#53 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 2:01:41 PM

Iganamagana wrote:
tycho wrote:

I am not for extra-judicial killing but you sound like a foreigner here. Our judicial system is clearly dysfunctional.

What you talking about Kibaki had some 3000 people on death row and he commuted them to life sentences. After that Uhuru had 2655 males and 92 females on death row and he also commuted the sentences to life. Our judiciary dispenses the highest portion of death sentences in the world. You call that dysfunctionald'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
Mtu Biz
#54 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 2:02:38 PM

An eye for an eye does not offer any long term solutions in this case. The demographics are against such an approach.

A kind of social integration like @wukan is suggesting is one way out.

And yes I have been robbed at gunpoint.
Sola Scriptura

alma1
#55 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 2:47:48 PM

hamburglar wrote:
hamburglar wrote:

But if you think shooting an 18 year old in her bedroom is a manly thing to do, then we have to reconsider this idea of initiation in africa and circumcision.

Alma1
Wait until that very same 18 year old female thug ambushes you in your bedroom with a gun when you are sleeping. That's the day you and your manly initiated and circumcised ass will crap your pants.

You sound a bit confused to me. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

On the subject of this particular 18 year old, have you ever met her?

Have you ever been mugged by her?

Do you have any proof whatsover that she was a criminal? Like do you have anything to say about her? What is her name by the way?

Nothing, nada!

Just a story created on facebook by a lunatic who's pretending to be a policeman.

If this lunatic writes on that facebook you seem to love that humbaglar is a nutcase who doesn't know God and doesn't believe in him. I'm going to shoot him tommorow. Do you think we should believe him?

Kenyans just have to be serious about life.

I wouldn't believe a policeman even if I was paid. You are the same guys here who complain about traffic policemen and their hongo.

What makes you think this is not a case of a policeman who's not been given a portion of the loot?

Are you that daft, like really?

The law is very clear. Policemen are not vigilantes. If they want to shoot people, they should get another job.

I'm speaking here like someone with a thread talking about my phones being stolen. I have been mugged. I have seen terror with these people.

But my conscience and the reality in this country called Kenya will never allow me to support a policeman killing children in the name of saving my life.

If this killer was so hot, why don't they take him to Laikipia to deal with real men who steal cows?
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Anti_Burglar
#56 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 3:11:10 PM

Mtu Biz wrote:
An eye for an eye does not offer any long term solutions in this case. The demographics are against such an approach.

A kind of social integration like @wukan is suggesting is one way out.

And yes I have been robbed at gunpoint.

Wukan could be the only "anti Hessy" indivudial attempting to offer an alternative though it is not entirely mutually exclusive with the status quo. And you have noted it is indeed one way out.

I can't say the same about the other anti Hessy individuals. What other way are they offering? What other solution can they suggest? What social integration things, advice, mentoring, warnings, steps, anything have they identified as a solution?
Swenani
#57 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 4:03:14 PM

Hennessy wa Eastlando ni pombe gani hio?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
masukuma
#58 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 4:23:28 PM

Swenani wrote:
Hennessy wa Eastlando ni pombe gani hio?

Quote:
Oga bartender
Wey the Hennessy
Because today I want to jolly
You dey make me feel like
To spend my money

All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
tycho
#59 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 6:41:56 PM

Anti_Burglar wrote:
tycho wrote:

Philosophy is proper and good in the lecture theatre. Maybe there are myriad lecture theaters all over in Eastlands .....

Advising the young men and women should be supported by all. Those against current efforts to persuade, sweet talk, convince and exhort the young men and women to engage in mutually beneficial income generating activities in the society are anti-social. They are evil.

I don't think you are aware of what you're talking about.
tycho
#60 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 6:48:26 PM

I went to this meeting today that had IPOA representatives and there were concerns about how this 'Hessy' story may be linked to the war against terror, given the similarity in target groups of 20-22 years age.

But the most interesting thing was discovering that there are many young people who are working against this kind oppression.

So even when you and your pomp claim to be pragmatic I know that your kelele isn't as effective as I imagined.