grolut wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
Mtu Biz wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Much Know wrote:
masukuma wrote:
History of Medicine:

2000 B.C. -- Here, eat this herb.
1000 A.D. -- That herb is heathen. Here, say this prayer.
1850 A.D. -- That prayer is superstition. Here, drink this potion.
1940 A.D. -- That potion is snake oil. Here, swallow this pill.
1985 A.D. -- That pill is ineffective. Here, take this antibiotic.
2000 A.D. -- That antibiotic is artificial. Here, eat this herb.:

What did the civilized people of Gobekli Tepe in Turkey circa 10,000 B.C use, medicine or herbs?

Medicine... is an extract and sometimes (these days) an artificial substance. of course they used herbs...

Is a placebo medicine?

No a placebo is not medicine but the placebo effect definitely cures diseases. It is when you take something that you believe will make you better and you actually feel better after taking it. It is actually tricking the mind. I believe it may be how wagangas cure so many people. The mind is very powerful and if you truly believe you will get better by doing anything you have a very good chance of actually getting better.

So then do prayers fall under this category? #AskingForAFriend

Yep!
the greater question is... can we cure others with our fresh view of life? reminds me of this episode of the twilight zone
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Mukiri
#22 Posted : Thursday, June 01, 2017 1:35:26 PM

Rat bites then blows. And all is (seemingly) well.
Mchawi=Bite. Mganga=Blow. Both are rats. All out to invoke the supernatural in their dark arts.

There are traditional medicine men, whom people went to, for traditional medicine. Only those who feared it was bewitching went to wagangas for treatment of malaria.

On the flipside, there were spiritual leaders who led rites in beeseaching Deity. Whomever and whatever they conceived Him to be.

All three were present in almost all tribes. The traditional medicineman, the Spiritual leader and those two surmoners of the dark world

Proverbs 19:21
masukuma
#23 Posted : Thursday, June 01, 2017 2:43:29 PM

Kindly get EDUCATED!!! Mganga is DOCTOR/PHYSICIAN!! uganga is TREATMENT!! That is PROPER KISWAHILI!!! Unlearn what you were taught!! you were MISEDUCATED!! What you know as 'uganga' is 'UCHAWI'! they are not the same thing! Traditional/Indigenous Medicine men are 'waganga wa dawa za kitamaduni/kiasili'. It just happened that in some cases one did both! Uchawi and Uganga!
Quote:
Iliyopita si ndwele, ganga ijayo

it's correct to refer to a dude in a white coat as 'mganga wa dawa za kisasa'! They will not like it since they are as miseducated as you are!
Mukiri
#24 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 7:08:03 AM

Seems like you come from a Muganga family, all up in here calling people uneducated. Utajua hujui. These guys are all around my neighbourhood commununity.

If I may ask, all the ads of promotions at work, 'locking' spouces, increased business etc that your waganga post, are given using which 'treatment'?

masukuma
#25 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 2:29:51 PM

Mukiri wrote:
Seems like you come from a Muganga family, all up in here calling people uneducated. Utajua hujui. These guys are all around my neighbourhood commununity.

If I may ask, all the ads of promotions at work, 'locking' spouces, increased business etc that your waganga post, are given using which 'treatment'?

Exactly... they are as misinformed about the meaning of the trade as you are. They are cut out from the same misinformed stock! What they practice is uchawi... they just call it uganga as you call it uganga but take it from me... uganga is not uchawi! If it is.. tell me what word traditional healers and medicine men went by... and what name sorcerers and witches and wizards went by. Perhaps the mix up was deliberate by the missionary church... to alienate these people by lumping them in the same pot as witches.... so that we can accept the dudes in white coats doing the same job but giving us the same stuff in a palatable format.
Mukiri
#26 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 8:18:45 PM

A fool is wise in his own eyes. There's definately a fool here. Maybe it is me. I know what I see, since I live in a locality where people believe and visit Waganga alot. Maybe you do too.. You being from Nakuru, isn't it? smh

What I see and know is, people don't visit waganga for treatment of malaria, or other maladies.

masukuma
#27 Posted : Saturday, June 03, 2017 9:07:27 AM

Mukiri wrote:
A fool is wise in his own eyes. There's definately a fool here. Maybe it is me. I know what I see, since I live in a locality where people believe and visit Waganga alot. Maybe you do too.. You being from Nakuru, isn't it? smh

What I see and know is, people don't visit waganga for treatment of malaria, or other maladies.

Yes... they visit wachawi! Regardless of what the name wachawi give themselves. And yes... my dad is a medical practitioner so... yeah...i come from mganga family! Hata nyinyi wengine mnajijua... jueni kiswahili!!
Mukiri
#28 Posted : Sunday, June 04, 2017 11:37:40 AM

masukuma wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

Yes... they visit wachawi! Regardless of what the name wachawi give themselves. And yes... my dad is a medical practitioner so... yeah...i come from mganga family! Hata nyinyi wengine mnajijua... jueni kiswahili!!

So in the Kiswahili your dad passed on, he tells his patients 'Kujeni ni wagange?' He goes by the name Mganga who? Just incase I come across his posters

masukuma
#29 Posted : Sunday, June 04, 2017 2:28:37 PM

Mukiri wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

So in the Kiswahili your dad passed on, he tells his patients 'Kujeni ni wagange?' He goes by the name Mganga who? Just incase I come across his posters

those people you are talking about are WACHAWI!! mbona hutaki kuelimishwa? jua kiswahili kaka!! if you have to speak a language speak it well!

ganga : pa mgonjwa matibabu. tengeneza kilichovunjika au kuharibika; ziba tundu.
Mtu Biz
#30 Posted : Thursday, June 08, 2017 12:01:36 PM

Urogi?

Sola Scriptura

Impunity
#31 Posted : Thursday, June 08, 2017 5:04:54 PM

Vaginismus.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Mike Ock
#32 Posted : Thursday, June 08, 2017 6:22:45 PM

Mtu Biz wrote:
Urogi?

No, just extreme panic on the woman's side causing her airport to lock up hard. If she's made to relax the plane will come out.