Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<12345>
Cholera diagnosis in the city?
#41 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 8:45:30 PM

alma1 wrote:
2012 wrote:
murchr wrote:
Kidero ata tumaliza aki

Filthy Nairobi. Surely, is there an area Kidero can succeed?

WAIT!

Who's the KICC manager?

KICC is in Nairobi and it looks like only Nairobi is affected. I hope the visiting international athletes and Lord Sabastian Coe are being accommodated in the nearby Kiambu county to avoid what would be an embarrassing, irreparable catastrophe.

Yaani our capital city has no tap water??? While the sewers are draining into potholes...

BBI will solve it
:)
alma1
#42 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 8:55:10 PM

2012 wrote:
alma1 wrote:
2012 wrote:
murchr wrote:
Kidero ata tumaliza aki

WAIT!

Who's the KICC manager?

KICC is in Nairobi and it looks like only Nairobi is affected. I hope the visiting international athletes and Lord Sabastian Coe are being accommodated in the nearby Kiambu county to avoid what would be an embarrassing, irreparable catastrophe.

Yaani our capital city has no tap water??? While the sewers are draining into potholes...

I'm getting very very confused

A few weeks ago. Some people got sick in a certain unamed hotel. The Ministry of health and bloggers said there was not cholera. In fact, they said, it was broggers imagination.

Now today, someone gets sick and it's not cholera but a stomach ache.

If it's a stomach ache, what has the governor got to do with me going to a cheap hotel like Weston?

If it's really cholera like Murchr is trying to imply so vehemently. Why isn't the ministry of health issuing a public statement to the effect?

Murchr is very particular about the causes of cholera. In fact, I'm so scared, I believe him. But I thought the ministry of health in Jubilee has said, there's no cholera.

I'm very very very confused.

Or my confusion the whole purpose of this diatribe...

Murchr, turudi pale hile swali nyeti. Why do you support someone who posts on twitter some woman sleeping with him?
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

murchr
#43 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 11:12:50 PM

alma1 wrote:
2012 wrote:
alma1 wrote:
2012 wrote:
murchr wrote:
Kidero ata tumaliza aki

WAIT!

Who's the KICC manager?

I'm getting very very confused

A few weeks ago. Some people got sick in a certain unamed hotel. The Ministry of health and bloggers said there was not cholera. In fact, they said, it was broggers imagination.

Now today, someone gets sick and it's not cholera but a stomach ache.

If it's a stomach ache, what has the governor got to do with me going to a cheap hotel like Weston?

If it's really cholera like Murchr is trying to imply so vehemently. Why isn't the ministry of health issuing a public statement to the effect?

Murchr is very particular about the causes of cholera. In fact, I'm so scared, I believe him. But I thought the ministry of health in Jubilee has said, there's no cholera.

I'm very very very confused.

Or my confusion the whole purpose of this diatribe...

Murchr, turudi pale hile swali nyeti. Why do you support someone who posts on twitter some woman sleeping with him?

Ebu sikiza hii report stop lying to Wazuans
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hardwood
#44 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 6:32:52 PM

When your chefs and waiters live in kibera and mukuru kwa Njenga where they are using flying toilets and have no running water, and to make matters worse the hotel buys water from sewage contaminated boreholes because kidero has failed to supply them treated water, then these cholera incidences are expected.
hardwood
#45 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 6:43:03 PM

Now this reminds me, I have a friend who lives at an apartment block where the developer/landlord has drilled a borehole and he tells me the tenants and apartment owners always had stomach problems until they discovered that the source of the problem was the contaminated borehole. The landlord had to install an on-site water treatment facility but still the tenants survive on bottled drinking water coz they still can't trust the borehole.
Gathige
#46 Posted : Sunday, July 16, 2017 12:33:23 AM

Nairobi has degenerated to a poor Shity. With no clean water and very poor sewerage system why the sewer lines and water pipes easily exchange contents this Cholera seems to be here with us in the long haul. I visited an estate in Eastlands over the weekend and was surprised to learn that they get water in like two days a week. The rest of the week ni kujipanga.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
hardwood
#47 Posted : Sunday, July 16, 2017 12:58:52 AM

Gathige wrote:
Nairobi has degenerated to a poor Shity. With no clean water and very poor sewerage system why the sewer lines and water pipes easily exchange contents this Cholera seems to be here with us in the long haul. I visited an estate in Eastlands over the weekend and was surprised to learn that they get water in like two days a week. The rest of the week ni kujipanga.

Even in Karen there's no city council water. They survive on boreholes or those water trucks at Dagoreti corner. In Runda they have Runda water that pumps water from ruaka river. That is how useless kidero is.
Jump-steady
#48 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 8:00:42 PM

Gathige wrote:

Where do you live? Water rationing has been with Nairobians for quite sometime now. Those water trucks at Dagoretti corner and else where are rumoured to have something to do with the water situation in Nairobi.Sad
#49 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 8:11:37 PM

Jump-steady wrote:
Gathige wrote:

Where do you live? Water rationing has been with Nairobians for quite sometime now. Those water trucks at Dagoretti corner and else where are rumoured to have something to do with the water situation in Nairobi.Sad

Hapo sasa. Chunguza who owns those trucks and whose pockets they line and you will know why there's no water in Nairobi.
I would disband Nairobi Water Company and put all it's managers in prison if I was the president. There's just no excuse for this level of incompetence. There's incompetence and planned incompetence, this is the latter.
But what do you expect when the city is run by the most corrupt person in the world? Even the Ministry of Health has put the blame for the Cholera outbreak squarely on the county management.

BBI will solve it
:)
murchr
#50 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 8:25:04 PM

2012 wrote:
Jump-steady wrote:
Gathige wrote:

Hapo sasa. Chunguza who owns those trucks and whose pockets they line and you will know why there's no water in Nairobi.
I would disband Nairobi Water Company and put all it's managers in prison if I was the president. There's just no excuse for this level of incompetence. There's incompetence and planned incompetence, this is the latter.
But what do you expect when the city is run by the most corrupt person in the world? Even the Ministry of Health has put the blame for the Cholera outbreak squarely on the county management.

The President has no such powers. The County of Nairobi runs the affairs of Water and Sewerage Management.

Update:

2 deaths, number of admitted over the weekend was 18. Number now is 35.

Symptoms.

Uncontrollable vomiting and diarrhea esp white (poop looks like boiling white rice before it dries) Cholera kills fast so keep hydrated .
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Lolest!
#51 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 12:55:57 PM

Quote:
The two hotels located in Nairobi are said to have offered catering services at events where participants were later hospitalised after developing cholera-related symptoms.

Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Angelica _ann
#52 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 1:46:11 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Quote:
The two hotels located in Nairobi are said to have offered catering services at events where participants were later hospitalised after developing cholera-related symptoms.

Weston????????? smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
newfarer
#53 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 1:57:28 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Quote:

you should know places
punda amecheka
murchr
#54 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 4:05:11 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Quote:

The food served at Weston event was also outsourced
Angelica _ann
#55 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 5:21:52 PM

murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Quote:

Nope, they served clients food with Cholera at the hotel, never heard it was closed.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
murchr
#56 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 5:41:16 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Quote:

Nope, they served clients food with Cholera at the hotel, never heard it was closed.

Only the 30 docs attending the doctors event reported to be sick the other guests did not. The food served at the docs event was outsourced.

The same happened at KICC. KICC is not closed.

But the authorities need to expose these food handlers, the outsourced caterers will serve food in wedding and parties this weekend

Quote:
Health Cabinet Secretary Cleopa Mailu explained that the establishments will remain shut until they comply with new food safety requirements.

This is after the two establishments were found to have offered catering services at separate events attended by participants who were later hospitalised after developing cholera-like symptoms.

“We are going to be very strict that if you are a hotel or a restaurant and you cannot serve the number of people coming to the conference, then you should not take up that assignment; and if you do and you want to outsource you should report to the City Public Health Department 14-days in advance so that people can go and check the source of that food,” the CS stated.

newfarer
#57 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 9:00:55 PM

http://nairobinews.natio...ton-hotel-wasnt-closed/

OUTSOURCED FOOD
When asked why a hotel was outsourcing food, the CS admitted that a hotel should not outsource food and if it must, it should give the ministry a 14-day notice to inspect the supplier’s premise.
so did the hotel give the notice?
punda amecheka
FRM2011
#58 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 9:58:09 PM

newfarer wrote:
http://nairobinews.nation.co.ke/news/health-cs-mailu-weston-hotel-wasnt-closed/

OUTSOURCED FOOD
When asked why a hotel was outsourcing food, the CS admitted that a hotel should not outsource food and if it must, it should give the ministry a 14-day notice to inspect the supplier’s premise.

MoH should just have left Weston to spin this on their own. It would have been child's play for WSR.

For Mailu, what comes to mind are the words of walter scott,
"O what a tangled web we weave
when first we practise to deceive"
murchr
#59 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 2:11:54 AM

FRM2011 wrote:
newfarer wrote:
http://nairobinews.nation.co.ke/news/health-cs-mailu-weston-hotel-wasnt-closed/

OUTSOURCED FOOD

MoH should just have left Weston to spin this on their own. It would have been child's play for WSR.

For Mailu, what comes to mind are the words of walter scott,
"O what a tangled web we weave
when first we practise to deceive"

Wachen siasa, this is the same way you host a wedding at Windsor but hire catering services from Kamau and Njugush eateries. Why should Windsor be closed yet the food was not cooked in their kitchen?

But...all this drama will not stop cholera if your feces and garbage still spew on the street.

Niliwaambia Nairobi is a shithole hamkusikia.

alma1
#60 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:31:46 PM

Let me tell you what is happening now

City Kajoras are now arresting people working in hotels in Nairobi. So the poor young Kenyans are forced to go get those so called city kajo certificates. Otherwise, they are arrested and fined 30k.

When they go get the certificates, they are told to pay 1k for the tests..1k for someone who earns 8k is not pesa ya marupurupu. I know they will be told that city kajo has no stool pimaring cups. So nothing to test these poor workers. They will be told to come next Tuesday. They will then be arrested for not having those kajo certificates.

If you have extra cash, you will get the certificates with no testing.

Someone tell me this is not what is going to happen!

So for the next few weeks, kanjo kingdom shall be eating money from poor Kenyans. By the way, same Kenyans who live in those taka taka infested places in Mukuru Kwa Njenga.

The funny thing about all this is that these same people shall go vote for the current kajo on 8/8.

Just shaking my head.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?