wazua Tue, May 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages<12345>»
Mexican Ugali...
Bigchick
#41 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 8:26:59 PM

Njung'e wrote:
The announcement caught nasa off-guard. Coming an hour to their press conference on the same. They shouldn't despair though. Now that we will have enough to eat, can they address the cost of toilet papers?smile

Guka you are funny.😆😆😆😆

I envy @ Julie and mama watoto.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
urstill1
#42 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 10:31:08 PM

Bigchick wrote:
Swenani wrote:
I heard a CS say on news yesterdaythat smart investors send big ships with maize to Indian ocean hoping for customers to buy.

That us true.That is how commodity dealers trade.They are able yo deliver on short notice.

That is not to say this deal is clean.Someonw is playing us and is being protected by higher powers.

Sadly I will still vote for Uhuruto for lack of otherwise.

There are over 10 alternatives, some in parties others not. Sema tu ukweli. What's your reason for not voting Dida?
Anti_Burglar
#43 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 8:46:22 AM

Njung'e wrote:
The announcement caught nasa off-guard. Coming an hour to their press conference on the same. They shouldn't despair though. Now that we will have enough to eat, can they address the cost of toilet papers?smile

Lol.
KulaRaha
#44 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 8:51:38 AM

Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
#45 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 11:41:09 AM

Our local press is very disconnected from the people. They busy tracing the movement of the ship from Mexico and people are clearly not interested. Only the elite might be interested in where the ship came from, the rest of the public want the price of unga to come down.

BBI will solve it
:)
Swenani
#46 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 12:37:11 PM

2012 wrote:
Our local press is very disconnected from the people. They busy tracing the movement of the ship from Mexico and people are clearly not interested. Only the elite might be interested in where the ship came from, the rest of the public want the price of unga to come down.

So you want the press to ignore GoK lies?

What is the purpose of Journalism?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
#47 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 1:03:01 PM

Swenani wrote:
2012 wrote:

No, I'm not saying they ignore. Journalists are taught to read the mood on the ground then know how best to craft the story to be impactful. Of course this is a mega scandal but their approach was terrible.

BBI will solve it
Anti_Burglar
#48 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 1:24:56 PM

2012 wrote:
Swenani wrote:
2012 wrote:

No, I'm not saying they ignore. Journalists are taught to read the mood on the ground then know how best to craft the story to be impactful. Of course this is a mega scandal but their approach was terrible.

I agree with you.

Remember brother Tycho (Big up bratha!) and the discussions he used to have, while useful, those discussions were not of interest or use to Wazuans. And they said so.

Same scenario here. PRess are being like Tycho of yonder years while citizens are the Wazuans. They are discussing things up there involving lotsa money there while citizens need more ordinary discussions involving just maybe hundreds of shillings. Connection is hard.
Buster
#49 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 1:47:15 PM

Check out @fazul_ on Twitter. Apparently this vessel hasn't even been to SA in the past 7 Months. The ship has a maximum tonnage of 32000. It offloaded 25000 tonnes of coal in Mauritius on 23rd April. After Mauritius it's next port of call was Mombasa where it purportedly unloaded over 30000 tonnes of maize.32000 minus 25000??? Space???
Swenani
#50 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 2:04:42 PM

Swenani
#51 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 2:11:53 PM

Buster wrote:
Check out @fazul_ on Twitter. Apparently this vessel hasn't even been to SA in the past 7 Months. The ship has a maximum tonnage of 32000. It offloaded 25000 tonnes of coal in Mauritius on 23rd April. After Mauritius it's next port of call was Mombasa where it purportedly unloaded over 30000 tonnes of maize.32000 minus 25000??? Space???

The ship has never been to SA leave alone to Mexico since Nov 2016

hardwood
#52 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 2:16:23 PM

Buster wrote:

Hii yako ni #propaganda na #Mnyambo_wa_punda. The website that tracks all ships shows the ship IVS Pinehurst left Durban, South Africa on 4/5/2017 at 12.23 Local SA Time and arrived in Mombasa on 11/5/2017 at 20.19 EAT. The ship is currently moored at Kilindini port as per satellite data location received from the ship 2 minutes ago. Follow the link below to see the ships movements. You people should stop spreading cheap lies. You should be ashamed of yourselves!

https://www.marinetraffi...16/vessel:IVS_PINEHURST
#53 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 2:18:34 PM

Swenani wrote:

I also believe the maize is from here. Our guys were waiting for the drought to bite so they can come in as the saviours. Sadly, I think it worked and it's mainly due to bad journalism and weak opposition govt. The millers don't just take any maize and turn it into flour, they have their brands to protect. This is a big scam that involved a lot of people and our journalists couldn't even find one to expose the scam when it's still hot. When the true story comes out in December, it will be of no use.

BBI will solve it
hardwood
#54 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 2:31:51 PM

Buster wrote:

Hii maneno ya shipping hamuelewi ng'o. The ship has a deadweight of 57811 tons. Deadweight means the maximum mass a ship can carry and it excludes its own mass. So your maths should be 57811-25000=32811 tons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadweight_tonnage.

hardwood
#55 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 2:33:22 PM

Swenani wrote:
Buster wrote:

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_u6d-aWsAAN2O3.jpg/img]

The ship has never been to SA leave alone to Mexico since Nov 2016

Hata wewe umejoin conspiracy theories? NKT!!!

Angalia hiyo meli hapa....

https://www.marinetraffi...e/shipid:3450394/zoom:13
Buster
#56 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 2:34:06 PM

hardwood wrote:
Buster wrote:

Hii yako ni #propaganda na #Mnyambo_wa_punda. The website that tracks all ships shows the ship IVS Pinehurst left Durban, South Africa on 4/5/2017 at 12.23 Local SA Time and arrived in Mombasa on 11/5/2017 at 20.19 EAT. The ship is currently moored at Kilindini port as per satellite data location received from the ship 2 minutes ago. Follow the link below to see the ships movements. You people should stop spreading cheap lies. You should be ashamed of yourselves!

It's like you feel like crying. Sorry I hurt your feelings.
hardwood
#57 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 2:42:55 PM

Buster wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Buster wrote:

It's like you feel like crying. Sorry I hurt your feelings.

I hate people who parrot what others are saying on twitter without crosschecking the accuracy of the information they are spreading around. If you had done your homework you would have known when the ship left SA and when it arrived in Kenya, and the mass it can carry. But you are just like all Kenyans who are too lazy to verify information and revel in cheap gossip and rumour mongering.
hardwood
#58 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 3:04:28 PM

MatataMingi
#59 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 4:48:23 PM

hardwood wrote:
The way kenyans are complaining about this maize thing one would think the world is about to end. Fact is that 90% of kenyans live in rural areas and grow and eat their own maize. Of the other 10% urban dwellers, 70% of them live in slums and buy maize which they siaga kwa posho mills in towns. Even a health conscious middle class guy like me normally gets maize from my mother in the village and siaga, i never take hiyo ya supermarket. So this maize crisis is a crisis that never was. Just politics. I have seen they are circulating pictures of
Quote:
Hostess flour c
osting 180 bob to show how expensive unga has become and we all know that Hostess is a premium unga brand that has always been sold at over 150 bob even when other unga was 80 bob. It's all politics and lies by the usual suspects. #Propaganda #Mnyambo_Wa_Punda

@ Hardwood.
Are you in Kenya. If so you DON'T know what the actual situation is.
I buy unga for my house staff
I have been to Nakumatt Nyali over the last 3 weeks.
No Ugali flour. They have chapati flour.

I have eventually found some Dola, Taifa & another strange brand in the local village.
I had to go to 4 different shops to get a total of 10 2kg bags at 180/=each.
Not Hostesswhich I have never encountered.

Is this not a shortage
murchr
#60 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 5:00:41 PM

MatataMingi wrote:
hardwood wrote:
The way kenyans are complaining about this maize thing one would think the world is about to end. Fact is that 90% of kenyans live in rural areas and grow and eat their own maize. Of the other 10% urban dwellers, 70% of them live in slums and buy maize which they siaga kwa posho mills in towns. Even a health conscious middle class guy like me normally gets maize from my mother in the village and siaga, i never take hiyo ya supermarket. So this maize crisis is a crisis that never was. Just politics. I have seen they are circulating pictures of
Quote:
Hostess flour c
osting 180 bob to show how expensive unga has become and we all know that Hostess is a premium unga brand that has always been sold at over 150 bob even when other unga was 80 bob. It's all politics and lies by the usual suspects. #Propaganda #Mnyambo_Wa_Punda

@ Hardwood.
Are you in Kenya. If so you DON'T know what the actual situation is.
I buy unga for my house staff
I have been to Nakumatt Nyali over the last 3 weeks.
No Ugali flour. They have chapati flour.

I have eventually found some Dola, Taifa & another strange brand in the local village.
I had to go to 4 different shops to get a total of 10 2kg bags at 180/=each.
Not Hostesswhich I have never encountered.

Is this not a shortage

Are you saying that you eat anything else but they eat ugali? Must they eat ugali to survive?

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore