wazua Tue, May 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages<1234>»
Mexican Ugali...
Jump-steady
#21 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 1:17:57 PM

hardwood wrote:
Swenani wrote:
I heard a CS say on news yesterdaythat smart investors send big ships with maize to Indian ocean hoping for customers to buy.
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aWUGtGvzGw/YOUTUBE]

Even hawkers move around the streets with their wares looking for customers. In the estates we see proboxes full of cabbages and eggs moving around looking for customers. Shida iko wapi when ships do the same. Biachara ni biachara.

You know this Unga issue sells very easily at the political rallies. Not very easy spinning that SGR should cost less like the one in some other places. Or Jooblee is borrowing and looting too much. Those are very complicated issues at the rallies. Unga was resonating with the masses regardless of political affiliation.
hardwood
#22 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 1:28:44 PM

Agriculture is a devolved function and therefore all these maize manenos should be answered by governors. Each governor should give data on how much maize and other food crops their counties have produced and efforts they have made to increase production and make their counties food secure.
Swenani
#23 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 1:39:13 PM

9/23 posts made by @Mbaongumu kweli umembao na posts leo.
But you quit wazua!

NVM

Swenani wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Bye bye to you all. Will miss u all. Though I will be popping in once in a while to see what is happening. Sad I wont be around to discuss the upcoming elections. Bye bye, it was good when it lasted.

Kwaheri,all the best in your political life. But, I know you will be back incase you won't make it

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
hardwood
#24 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 1:42:59 PM

Swenani wrote:
9/23 posts made by @Mbaongumu kweli umembao na posts leo.
But you quit wazua!

NVM

Swenani wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Bye bye to you all. Will miss u all. Though I will be popping in once in a while to see what is happening. Sad I wont be around to discuss the upcoming elections. Bye bye, it was good when it lasted.

Kwaheri,all the best in your political life. But, I know you will be back incase you won't make it

But I said I will be popping in once in a while (to discuss "burning issues"), like I have done with this maize thing.
Kusadikika
#25 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 1:48:15 PM

Its interesting how different food items cause crises in different countries. In Kenya Maize is the sensitive crop. In India it is onions. Read about the 2010 onion crisis in India:

The political price of onions

hardwood
#26 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 1:56:17 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
Its interesting how different food items cause crises in different countries. In Kenya Maize is the sensitive crop. In India it is onions. Read about the 2010 onion crisis in India:

The political price of onions

A debe of waru (potatoes) is going for 1,200 bob, the highest ever, and no one is complaining. My family switched from waru to matoke, since green bananas are same old price. I don't know if the price of chips has gone up.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#27 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:19:45 PM

hardwood wrote:
Agriculture is a devolved function and therefore all these maize manenos should be answered by governors. Each governor should give data on how much maize and other food crops their counties have produced and efforts they have made to increase production and make their counties food secure.

Why don't you forward the memo to the Agriculture CS to stop waiting for ships in Mombasa.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
hardwood
#28 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:33:06 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Why don't you forward the memo to the Agriculture CS to stop waiting for ships in Mombasa.

He had to step in after thieving governors and counties failed in their duties. Someone has to clear the mess.
hardwood
#29 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:50:19 PM

All unga to cost 90 bob (per 2kg) after govt reaches agreement with millers.

http://www.businessdaily...8914-qfmuwcz/index.html

madollar
#30 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 3:07:06 PM

hardwood wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly waacha we wait to hear how wanaNASA will spin this one.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#31 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 3:27:57 PM

madollar wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly waacha we wait to hear how wanaNASA will spin this one.

Good response by govt, dealing with the problem they created head on after it becoming a national election issue.

Off course NASA has to claim credit for forcing the govts hand and at the same time remaining chonjo to ensure any cases of failure of the plan is blamed on govt.

Expect more circus and drama as demand and supply leads to hoarding and black market prices above Kes 90.

Plus did the govt mention what it will cost the tax payer to subsidise the Unga.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
hardwood
#32 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 3:52:38 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
madollar wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Good response by govt, dealing with the problem they created head on after it becoming a national election issue.

Off course NASA has to claim credit for forcing the govts hand and at the same time remaining chonjo to ensure any cases of failure of the plan is blamed on govt.

Expect more circus and drama as demand and supply leads to hoarding and black market prices above Kes 90.

Plus did the govt mention what it will cost the tax payer to subsidise the Unga.

So you had to bring nasa into this and try to give them credit for what govt has done? Do you know its your taxes that will subsidize the maize?
KulaRaha
#33 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 4:24:51 PM

Who will pay for the subsidy?
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Obi 1 Kanobi
#34 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 4:28:58 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Who will pay for the subsidy?

You and me and all of us
FRM2011
#35 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 4:30:06 PM

hardwood wrote:

Thank God. We only hope Jubilee has learnt it's lesson.

As you steal everything, don't touch the country's staple food.

Pembe flour mills import maize, sell it to the govt @4,500. Govt then sells it back to pembe @2300. And they mill and make their normal profit.
hardwood
#36 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 4:52:56 PM

hardwood
#37 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:18:47 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Thank God. We only hope Jubilee has learnt it's lesson.

As you steal everything, don't touch the country's staple food.

Pembe flour mills import maize, sell it to the govt @4,500. Govt then sells it back to pembe @2300. And they mill and make their normal profit.

How has govt stolen maize? Rural folk plant maize, harvest, put in their silos, sell some to market, millers, NCPB etc. How has govt stolen maize when farmers have 100% control of what they do with their maize?
madollar
#38 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:27:32 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
madollar wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Jameni ati supply issues you are seriously underestimating this guys, infact by august my gut tells me it will be the most available commodity countrywide given how it has become a political issue
Njung'e
#39 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:39:47 PM

The announcement caught nasa off-guard. Coming an hour to their press conference on the same. They shouldn't despair though. Now that we will have enough to eat, can they address the cost of toilet papers?smile
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
thuks
#40 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 6:57:05 PM

Njung'e wrote:
The announcement caught nasa off-guard. Coming an hour to their press conference on the same. They shouldn't despair though. Now that we will have enough to eat, can they address the cost of toilet papers?smile

Or give the seedlings for some useful plants now that every thing is going green.
I care!