wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

12 Pages«<678910>»
Safaricom FY17 PBT 67BN
Ericsson
#141 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 10:06:27 AM

Safaricom changes books closure date for dividend payment of Ksh. 0.97 to 15th Sept from 1st Sept 2017
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#142 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 10:08:54 AM

watesh wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Safaricom Kshs. 26.50 (+9.28%) zipped through the market in a convoy of 37,906,200 shares. The ticker touched all-time highs of Kshs. 27 during the week. Immense value creation has taken place. The share fell to all-time lows of Kshs. 2.40 early in 2009, halving its IPO price of Kshs. 5, much to the chagrin of the initial subscribers. If you would have bought 10,000,000 shares in those dark days, worth Kshs. 24,000,000, which would have been the cost of a good house at that time, you would now be holding Kshs. 265,000,000 worth of green shares. That’s a return of a whopping 1,000%! The company is set to grow even further. With the expected launch of its Amazon like ecommerce website (which may even turn into a gargantuan Alibaba like website), a ‘new MPESA’ is going to come forth. Another cash cow. The company’s expansion beyond Africa is also imminent. Acquisition by Vodacom Group of an effective 35% stake in Safaricom, will enable the telecommunications giant’s board to be more aligned towards its African interests and expand more easily into the lucrative continent. This share can break Kshs. 100 in the long-term if earnings are increased to Kshs. 5 per share, but expansion may also require additional capital.

Expansion outside Kenya will be tricky. I am waiting to see what miracle they will perform to get mpesa out there without being a fully fledged telecommunication company.

They can do an acquisition and have a fully fledged company with Mpesa,Voice and data services.
They can do this via use of retained earnings/cash buyout or swap of shares using the authorised but non-issued shares or mixture of both
hisah
#143 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 10:25:03 AM

The most hated counter by wanjiku still keeps rallying! Having exceeded the 25 handle (my target was 23) next target cluster is 38 - 42. When? Only time will tell. If wanjikus finally decide to join the next bull party then the price will likely race to extreme zones. For now a shakeout is expected as profit taking shows up.

@murchr are you still riding this hated bull smile
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
mamilli
#144 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 11:20:05 AM

hisah wrote:
The most hated counter by wanjiku still keeps rallying! Having exceeded the 25 handle (my target was 23) next target cluster is 38 - 42. When? Only time will tell. If wanjikus finally decide to join the next bull party then the price will likely race to extreme zones. For now a shakeout is expected as profit taking shows up.

@hisah,a shakeout (retracement) up to what levels?
Never lose your position in a bull market,BTFD.
hisah
#145 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 2:13:24 PM

mamilli wrote:
hisah wrote:

20% would be a nice pull back entry point. Between 20 - 22 levels.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
winmak
#146 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 2:33:19 PM

hisah wrote:
mamilli wrote:
hisah wrote:

You are right, I hate this stock. Everytime I think it will retrace, it charges even higher. I have been missing out since the 15 bob caused by the split anxiety... Still, I fear jumping in, I might just jinx it to start going down
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
murchr
#147 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 4:16:27 PM

hisah wrote:

Still here riding on, keeping the faith Laughing out loudly For a while this counter was very lonely but now we have true believers. Book closure is Sept 1 so some passengers might disembark. Anyway, i expect HY18 to be even better, plus the new projects (Home Internet, e-commerce platform).....Sweeet money!
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
iris
#148 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 4:34:05 PM

winmak wrote:
hisah wrote:
mamilli wrote:
hisah wrote:

You are right, I hate this stock. Everytime I think it will retrace, it charges even higher. I have been missing out since the 15 bob caused by the split anxiety... Still, I fear jumping in, I might just jinx it to start going down

Do you hate it or it is unrequited love like @Pesa nane?
winmak
#149 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 4:43:34 PM

iris wrote:
winmak wrote:
hisah wrote:
mamilli wrote:
hisah wrote:

Do you hate it or it is unrequited love like @Pesa nane?

I hate any stock that rallies after I obstinately refused to board in good time
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
heri
#150 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 4:53:21 PM

winmak wrote:
hisah wrote:
mamilli wrote:
hisah wrote:

I also missed it . i had it and sold

So after waiting for ever to get in low, i decided i would rather monitor while inside

so i have bought some since i find it easier to monitor what i own. Atleast when inside i can be adding slowly
mamilli
#151 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 5:22:22 PM

winmak wrote:
hisah wrote:
mamilli wrote:
hisah wrote:

@hisah thanks.20-22 stands bookmarked,am tired watching from the sidelines.
@winmark,si you jump in and jinx it properlysmile
Never lose your position in a bull market,BTFD.
shobiz
#152 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 9:21:57 PM

hisah wrote:
mamilli wrote:
hisah wrote:

Is there more headroom before the 15th?
Ericsson
#153 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 11:41:44 PM

The foray/expansion outside kenya has began;

http://www.businessdaily...7478-11wkb8yz/index.html
hisah
#154 Posted : Thursday, August 31, 2017 8:44:22 AM

shobiz wrote:
hisah wrote:
mamilli wrote:
hisah wrote:

Is there more headroom before the 15th?

Too short a timeframe.
Ericsson
#155 Posted : Thursday, August 31, 2017 10:14:21 AM

Between now and March next year there is a chance share price will fall to lows of 18
Pesa Nane
#156 Posted : Friday, September 01, 2017 10:42:52 AM

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Angelica _ann
#157 Posted : Friday, September 01, 2017 10:45:02 AM

Pesa Nane wrote:

Kwani hakuna waafrica wanaweza jaza hizi pengo?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#158 Posted : Friday, September 01, 2017 10:53:43 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

Sisi sio majority shareholders.
Labda ufufue Uchumi supermarkets then ujaze waafrika
VituVingiSana
#159 Posted : Friday, September 01, 2017 2:28:40 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

Sisi sio majority shareholders.
Labda ufufue Uchumi supermarkets then ujaze waafrika

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly HAFR pia! Na KQ?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Cv254K
#160 Posted : Saturday, September 02, 2017 2:00:44 AM

In the spirit of helping Wanyonge someone should have accused this company of something, anything; I need to board sub 20 before things stabilise and it goes out of reach.