USAID pulls out
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 6:44:11 PM

The US government has suspended all USAID activities in Kenya until certain conditions are met. Clearly, the government has no intentions of meeting the conditions because this must be a decision taken after exhausting all avenues.
The most affected will be HIV/AIDS, Malaria, TB, maternal & child care programmes and of course health education facilitators and counseling. A lot of jobs will be lost too, imagine all those drivers we see driving USAID vehicles...

Hii corruption itatumaiza.

A statement from USAID on Monday to organisations it supports said that the suspended funding covers salaries, wages and travel expenses.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 6:55:53 PM

Programs/Projects that support GoK - Ministry of Health!!!! Jubilee itatumaliza Sad Sad Sad
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 6:59:17 PM

The US government has suspended all USAID activities in Kenya until certain conditions are met. Clearly, the government has no intentions of meeting the conditions because this must be a decision taken after exhausting all avenues.
The most affected will be HIV/AIDS, Malaria, TB, maternal & child care programmes and of course health education facilitators and counseling. A lot of jobs will be lost too, imagine all those drivers we see driving USAID vehicles...

Hii corruption itatumaiza.

Well said but there's other factors too. Trump was categorical about value for American money in aid business. USAID is also part of the US spy network and not there for the sake of you and me. Trump sees no value in Africa beside keeping terror away.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 6:59:40 PM

Sometimes its good when such funding is cut, so that we can think out of the box

#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 7:13:18 PM

Sometimes its good when such funding is cut, so that we can think out of the box

Yaani health ministry gets 65b annually from USAID?

God bless America
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 7:22:32 PM

Yaani health ministry gets 65b annually from USAID?

God bless America

Plus EU and DFID .... now check the budget allocation by Rotich and guys are always here with panganga that NGO/Donor aid can do. smile smile smile
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 7:46:37 PM

They just withdrew the small change that was being kulwad by MOH drivers and personnel through allowances.

I can leave with that.

And wow, God bless America, 65B is alot of bread to give to charity annually.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 7:51:34 PM

Trumpaid. I guess this is only the beginning. Godec is still Obama's man in Nairobi. When Trumps jamaa lands here I would expect more cuts not just in USAID but in UNEP, NGOs especially the ones dealing with things like democracy. I guess that is why someone like Boniface Mwangi anajipanga mapema. There used to be a lot of money for maandamano and workshops and training on democracy and governance. These will all go slowly but surely.

The State Department and U.S. Agency for International Development will still face cuts under the budget expected later this week, according to the news outlet.

The budget will have "staged cuts," a senior administration official told Politico. The official said Tillerson is being given more time "to do a deeper analysis on foreign aid."
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 8:38:09 PM

Trumpaid. I guess this is only the beginning. Godec is still Obama's man in Nairobi. When Trumps jamaa lands here I would expect more cuts not just in USAID but in UNEP, NGOs especially the ones dealing with things like democracy. I guess that is why someone like Boniface Mwangi anajipanga mapema. There used to be a lot of money for maandamano and workshops and training on democracy and governance. These will all go slowly but surely.

The State Department and U.S. Agency for International Development will still face cuts under the budget expected later this week, according to the news outlet.

The budget will have "staged cuts," a senior administration official told Politico. The official said Tillerson is being given more time "to do a deeper analysis on foreign aid."

well said, when Trump's budget takes effect, there will be ZERO in handouts especially to Africa. Watu wajipange.
kivairu
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 8:18:23 PM

c&p

Via Anwar Saddat

As a supporter of NASA, I must congratulate Jubilee for signing a Kshs 980 million, 3 months contract with Cambridge Analytica and renewing their Kshs 500 million monthly contract with the British PR firm BTP, owned by Tony Blair, in their effort to win a second term.

I am a firm believer of self improvement and actively advise those with deficiencies of any nature or kind to seek for help that could make them better. Jubilee has performed dismally over the last five years, and today, they find themselves on a political death bed, hopping that propaganda and fear is the cure to their illnesses.

By spending Kshs 120 million to print T-shirts in China, or hiring IT consultants from Turkey and Malaysia, paying them Kshs 1.5 million monthly salary, or hiring American Data mining company or engaging the British PR firm, Jubilee has demonstrated that they have no confidence in the local capacity for Kenyans to provide these services.

With their latest acquisitions, Team Uhuru is now set. I am however disappointed that they only pay Robert Alai Kshs 200,000 per month and pay a Malaysian Kshs 1.5 million monthly salary to do the same job Alai is doing for them. Hope the salary wage was not determined based on beauty or size of once head!

I am however skeptical of how an American company or a Malaysian national will help Jubilee build 5 stadiums, create 5 million jobs, lower the price of Unga to Kshs 60, or grow the economy by double digits, in 3 months, What Jubilee has not been able to do in five years!!

As I told Dennis Itumbi yesterday, this Elections will be lost and won on issues and not PR or Propaganda. Kenyans are looking for solutions to higher unemployment, higher inflation, low wages, better jobs, affordable health care and benefits, affordable education system. Things that Jubilee has had an opportunity to prove they can solve, but unfortunately, they have made them worse.

We welcome debates on this issues. I am confident that Team Kenya will beat Team Uhuru. For Truth will always triumph over propaganda and PR.

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein.
Ngogoyo
#11 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 11:49:12 AM

grolut
#12 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2017 2:20:55 AM

kivairu wrote:
c&p

Via Anwar Saddat

As a supporter of NASA, I must congratulate Jubilee for signing a Kshs 980 million, 3 months contract with Cambridge Analytica and renewing their Kshs 500 million monthly contract with the British PR firm BTP, owned by Tony Blair, in their effort to win a second term.

I am a firm believer of self improvement and actively advise those with deficiencies of any nature or kind to seek for help that could make them better. Jubilee has performed dismally over the last five years, and today, they find themselves on a political death bed, hopping that propaganda and fear is the cure to their illnesses.

By spending Kshs 120 million to print T-shirts in China, or hiring IT consultants from Turkey and Malaysia, paying them Kshs 1.5 million monthly salary, or hiring American Data mining company or engaging the British PR firm, Jubilee has demonstrated that they have no confidence in the local capacity for Kenyans to provide these services.

With their latest acquisitions, Team Uhuru is now set. I am however disappointed that they only pay Robert Alai Kshs 200,000 per month and pay a Malaysian Kshs 1.5 million monthly salary to do the same job Alai is doing for them. Hope the salary wage was not determined based on beauty or size of once head!

I am however skeptical of how an American company or a Malaysian national will help Jubilee build 5 stadiums, create 5 million jobs, lower the price of Unga to Kshs 60, or grow the economy by double digits, in 3 months, What Jubilee has not been able to do in five years!!

As I told Dennis Itumbi yesterday, this Elections will be lost and won on issues and not PR or Propaganda. Kenyans are looking for solutions to higher unemployment, higher inflation, low wages, better jobs, affordable health care and benefits, affordable education system. Things that Jubilee has had an opportunity to prove they can solve, but unfortunately, they have made them worse.

We welcome debates on this issues. I am confident that Team Kenya will beat Team Uhuru. For Truth will always triumph over propaganda and PR.

I think this should indicate that Jubilee have full confidence in the transparency of the election that they believe they must hire consultants to win. Either that or they just want to appear to be pulling all the stops to "win" the election.
In a place where thought is abandoned, freedom can become a curse.
#13 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2017 2:44:59 AM

Saying Jubilee is wrong

I don't like Jubilee. So a story like this one is great for me. BUT

America has lost it's compass, \

It's ok for Murchr and co to talk about Boniface getting food money. That's real and that's honest. Coz for sure I shall finance my daughters ruracio....

But Trump...I've told you he's a conman...Because I met him and I know I know him

So forget about Trump...There's no America anymore...Let's talk about Uhuru vs raira.