Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Toyota Wish Vs Mazda Premacy...
tmatekwa
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 12:55:01 PM

Which way to go folks? Am stranded between these two options
tnai9
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 2:48:43 PM

Go for wish. Its a toyota and they are everywhere, spares easy to find and resale value is good. Comfort in numbers. Premacy maybe more spacious but am not sure about spare parts availability and hardiness.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ― Charles Bukowski
Ngogoyo
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 4:05:18 PM

tnai9 wrote:
Go for wish. Its a toyota and they are everywhere, spares easy to find and resale value is good. Comfort in numbers. Premacy maybe more spacious but am not sure about spare parts availability and hardiness.

also make you you rivet any removable part on the wish and put GPS tracker...ooh and buy a dog.
kaka2za
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 4:08:53 PM

tmatekwa wrote:

You seem to have a liking for 7 seaters. How big is your family? smile
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
tmatekwa
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 5:07:44 PM

kaka2za wrote:
tmatekwa wrote:

You seem to have a liking for 7 seaters. How big is your family? smile

Two adults, two teenagers and a preteen. Of-course we have to make a provision for a house-help and an occasional needy soul, especially on sundays...
kaka2za
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 8:37:49 PM

The Mazda is a great car if you are not fazed by the issue of resale value.
(James Russell Rowell)
Coolbull
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 10:56:13 PM

Mazda Premacy anytime. Resale value nowadays in not here or there. Some people are going to the market looking for Nissans, Hondas, Mazdas, etc, having heard something good about them from friends.

tnai9
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 8:20:43 AM

Coolbull wrote:
Mazda Premacy anytime. Resale value nowadays in not here or there. Some people are going to the market looking for Nissans, Hondas, Mazdas, etc, having heard something good about them from friends.

Try selling a premacy after use and compare with any toyota..and see how long you will visit Jamhuri park with the Premacy. You may get lucky sometimes, but numbers dont lie.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ― Charles Bukowski
mkeiy
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 8:55:17 AM

tnai9 wrote:
Coolbull wrote:

Try selling a premacy after use and compare with any toyota..and see how long you will visit Jamhuri park with the Premacy. You may get lucky sometimes, but numbers dont lie.

Why go for a car model/make you don't like, just because it has a resale value?

For 5 years you drive a car you don't like, waiting for the day you will re~sell?

I don't get it!
Just buy what you like & can afford!
kaka2za
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 10:12:24 AM

mkeiy wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
Coolbull wrote:

For 5 years you drive a car you don't like, waiting for the day you will re~sell?

I don't get it!

True! Most people are buying vehicles not for themselves but for the person they will sell to.
Thankfully,this is changing and there are increasingly more Hondas,Mazdas and Vws on our roads.
(James Russell Rowell)
Chaka
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 10:28:33 AM

And whichever car may be involved in an accident and get written off..
mkeiy wrote:

I don't get it!

geofreygachie
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 2:56:26 PM

kaka2za wrote:
mkeiy wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
Coolbull wrote:

I don't get it!

True! Most people are buying vehicles not for themselves but for the person they will sell to.
Thankfully,this is changing and there are increasingly more Hondas,Mazdas and Vws on our roads.

Kwanza hii .Napenda sana for a people carrier aka 7 seater.

Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.
Chaka
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 3:08:21 PM

How does it perform over bumbs when fully loaded
geofreygachie wrote:

geofreygachie
#14 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 3:30:50 PM

Chaka wrote:
How does it perform over bumbs when fully loaded
geofreygachie wrote:

I don't have one yet but nikahitaji 7 seater i would go for it.
The resell tag should be the last thing on my list.I have a Honda (most of my friends were trying sway me to Toyo) and very happy with that and i have no plans to sell it.Cheap and cheerful.
To overcome bumps problem i always get spring aid kama hii hapa chini.Wachana na mambo ya spacer za kirinyaga road or stiffer springs unless its an offroad car.I once tried stiffer springs and i couldn't stand roughness of the ride.I tried them the first time with a starlet on stock springs and shocks.

Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.
Chaka
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 5:15:08 PM

@geofreygachie ,
I like your approach.Where did you get these springs and would they need a sample of the othre spring?
I may need the same in the near future.
geofreygachie wrote:

To overcome bumps problem i always get spring aid kama hii hapa chini.Wachana na mambo ya spacer za kirinyaga road or stiffer springs unless its an offroad car.I once tried stiffer springs and i couldn't stand roughness of the ride.I tried them the first time with a starlet on stock springs and shocks.

geofreygachie
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 5:36:26 PM

Chaka wrote:
@geofreygachie ,
I like your approach.Where did you get these springs and would they need a sample of the othre spring?
I may need the same in the near future.
geofreygachie wrote:

You don't need to replace your stock springs.All you need ni hizo rubber inserts .This is a DIY job.They are available at Amazon UK .I will be shipping some sets by end of this month incase you might need them.

Chaka
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 7:58:49 PM

Very nice..so would this raise the vehicle or it would stop it from going too low under load?
geofreygachie wrote:
Chaka wrote:
@geofreygachie ,

You don't need to replace your stock springs.All you need ni hizo rubber inserts .This is a DIY job.They are available at Amazon UK .I will be shipping some sets by end of this month incase you might need them.

geofreygachie
#18 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 10:29:17 PM

Chaka wrote:
Very nice..so would this raise the vehicle or it would stop it from going too low under load?
geofreygachie wrote:
Chaka wrote:
@geofreygachie ,

The inserts stop the vehicle from going low under load.The vehicle will only gain 20mm- 40mm all round (this varies) from the stock ground clearance..
Forester
#19 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 11:24:39 PM

geofreygachie wrote:
Chaka wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:
Chaka wrote:
@geofreygachie ,

The inserts stop the vehicle from going low under load.The vehicle will only gain 20mm- 40mm all round (this varies) from the stock ground clearance..

How much do those spring aids go for? I wish I got this info before going for King Springs from Oriel. Inasmuch as I appreciate
the car (Legacy Wagon BP5) has never scrapped the ground since I fixed them, the ride comfort is compromised and feels a bit rough.
Would be willing to sell the HD springs but to who? Costed about 40k and have run with them for a year.
Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
mmarto
#20 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 10:52:56 AM

Forester wrote:

How much do those spring aids go for? I wish I got this info before going for King Springs from Oriel. Inasmuch as I appreciate
the car (Legacy Wagon BP5) has never scrapped the ground since I fixed them, the ride comfort is compromised and feels a bit rough.
Would be willing to sell the HD springs but to who? Costed about 40k and have run with them for a year.

Hi. I am in the process of changing my springs and shocks and am told of Robs Magic and Monroe as the best. How do they compare with King spring?
The only time you should be looking down on others is when you are helping them up.