wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Thika Greens Phase 1 advice @ 4M Quarter
Ryko
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 04, 2017 10:28:51 PM

Kindly seeking advice on buying Thika Greens phase 1 @4M quarter for future home.

I have read most of the threads here, i cant get any latest thread. I know some of wazuas must be having plots/constructed there kindly advice/critique on any challenges that one may face.

The place looks good for a gated dream home.
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
Wondergirl
#2 Posted : Friday, May 05, 2017 8:18:28 AM

@Ryko,
Have they told you that they charge around 20k monthly for services?
Yaani, its like you pay rent for your own property!!
Ngogoyo
#3 Posted : Friday, May 05, 2017 12:20:34 PM

@Ryko why dont you buy from the Githingiri (Golf View estate) next door.

Its controlled development that means not monkey business (matatu, kiosks etc)

And you get a plot btwn 3.2-3.6m 1/4acre....the balance transfer to my mpesa
Sakangu
#4 Posted : Friday, May 05, 2017 1:09:59 PM

Wondergirl wrote:
@Ryko,

Get your facts right Phase 1 service charge is 3k per month, you can verify from the office.
tinker
#5 Posted : Friday, May 05, 2017 4:29:45 PM

One thing I didn't like about them is that, you must stick to their few architectural design for your home, and worse still to their contractor.
Having similar design and same contractor may be a plus though.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
Ryko
#6 Posted : Friday, May 05, 2017 5:05:07 PM

Wondergirl wrote:
@Ryko,

Thanks Wondergirl, the only cost i have established are is the 3k service charge (for watchman roads etc). Infact guys dont pay the service charge but when you selling they will not give you a clearance until you clear. Apart from that may be the transfer/Lawyer charges(their lawyer)

This thing is the same as buying an apartment, you pay a monthly service charge, its a sublease from 2013.
Ryko
#7 Posted : Friday, May 05, 2017 5:07:36 PM

Ngogoyo wrote:
@Ryko why dont you buy from the Githingiri (Golf View estate) next door.

Its controlled development that means not monkey business (matatu, kiosks etc)

And you get a plot btwn 3.2-3.6m 1/4acre....the balance transfer to my mpesa

By the way i passed there, but Thika greens makes me happier. What i still don't understand is someone got the same plot by 950/850k. Ooh No!! lyf is cruel to others.
Ryko
#8 Posted : Friday, May 05, 2017 5:18:24 PM

tinker wrote:
One thing I didn't like about them is that, you must stick to their few architectural design for your home, and worse still to their contractor.
Having similar design and same contractor may be a plus though.

I noticed several different contractors on the ground- i am not sure on the contractor bit, but the saddest thing so far, only the architecture can you the design, they have room for alterations. Infact most of the houses there seems altered. Those houses seem roughly over 8M (Guesswork) Damn that rigidity sucks. Apart from that the place looks owesome, worthy retirement home.
Jon Jones
#9 Posted : Friday, May 05, 2017 10:19:23 PM

I never understand why people overpay for property in the name of "gated estates"...only to be charged exorbitant service charges(that 3k is subject to review so dont try to use it to justify a purchase), be restricted in design and contractors yet the plot is yours, etc. How can you buy property expensively and the seller continues charging you and governing how you live in your own property? I would rather buy a clean plot in a neighborhood that is not gated for that 4 mil. You can get better value for money and peace of mind...this gated community stuff is a concept designed to shaft middle class Kenyans who cant see the whole picture. The developer sells overpriced property to you, governs how you live and still charges you to use your own property in the name of service charges. You dont need to be a genius to see through the bull
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
alma1
#10 Posted : Saturday, May 06, 2017 2:31:58 AM

Jon Jones wrote:
I never understand why people overpay for property in the name of "gated estates"...only to be charged exorbitant service charges(that 3k is subject to review so dont try to use it to justify a purchase), be restricted in design and contractors yet the plot is yours, etc. How can you buy property expensively and the seller continues charging you and governing how you live in your own property? I would rather buy a clean plot in a neighborhood that is not gated for that 4 mil. You can get better value for money and peace of mind...this gated community stuff is a concept designed to shaft middle class Kenyans who cant see the whole picture. The developer sells overpriced property to you, governs how you live and still charges you to use your own property in the name of service charges. You dont need to be a genius to see through the bull

Wewe ni hustler. You didn't read what he said...Dream home for average guys on wazua is a 1 quarter acre for millions.

He's not in your class...Kwa hivyo pumua kwanza. He's not overpaying...He's investing...
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Ryko
#11 Posted : Saturday, May 06, 2017 6:28:31 AM

Jon Jones wrote:

Jones Thanks i appreciate your comment, The 3k seems like an additional unwanted charge, in the name of maintaining the gated community security roads etc. I dont like the idea of restricted design either.
My argument is, i need a gated community for peace of mind unlike an open plan where i may have to deal with security issues after constructing. I have a relative who build a nice home only for apartment to come up after 5 years next door and worse could not live in his house due to security concerns, alternatively i cant gamble with an inaccessible place. I dont want to end up in such a mess, so i got to go gated and secure,accessible.
2ndly, I dont intend to begin construction in the near 5 years may be more, so its a retirement place with some peace of mind. Sincerely its just a dream "retirement". Being controlled somehow assures me when i am ready be i will not get apartments next plot.(I dont hate apartments on that note i respect that and i live in one).I have tried looking for 100 by 100 in redsoil areas gated and i can assure you its they are not very cheap either way.
Finally,I am very open minded, this could be an overpriced thing but kindly do you have an rough alternative in your mind.
Some nice places like Syokimau are growing/cotton soil with quarters ranging around there(not gated). Thanks Jones.
Ryko
#12 Posted : Saturday, May 06, 2017 8:38:55 AM

alma1 wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

Wewe ni hustler. You didn't read what he said...Dream home for average guys on wazua is a 1 quarter acre for millions.

He's not in your class...Kwa hivyo pumua kwanza. He's not overpaying...He's investing...

Thanks Alma its investing: After roughly analyzing several options in the next 5yrs

1. cytonn
(18% p.a) |15% tax|612K p.a|risky| in 5 yrs= 7 M (Liquid)
2. cic
(11% p.a)|15% tax|380K p.a|less risky| in 5yrs = 6M (Liquid)
3. infrastructure bond
(14% p.a)|0% tax| 560K p.a|less risky| in 5yrs =6.8M (Liquid)
4. Buy shares (July/August/Sept) during elections
(i am green here/risky for me)
5. Thika greens
Probability of plot being over 6.8 M in 5 years (70%)| Less Liquid (10% chances of instant buyer)

Better Alternatives
1. constructing apartments (4M is too little - in counties/slum areas)
2. Buy same size in a Cheaper gated community (Seems Best)

Conclusion:
Logical Decision: its a better investment though Not the best
Emotional Decision: the place makes me happy

Surething
#13 Posted : Saturday, May 06, 2017 9:52:56 AM

I used to think the same but my mind changed once I saw what was going on around my quarter acre in Juja that I thought would be an ideal retirement property. I have absolutely no control over what my neighbors will build and as the area is filling up fast, I foresee high-rises surrounding my property, worse there seems to be business premises mixed into the residential areas, right now there are purely harwares, I am sure the loud pubs and churches are on their way. Right now I've redesignated that plot for rentals and I'm actively looking for a plot in an upcoming gated community. In my case Cytonn's newtown along Mombasa road looks good.
Jon Jones wrote:

webish
#14 Posted : Monday, May 08, 2017 9:08:54 AM

Surething wrote:
I used to think the same but my mind changed once I saw what was going on around my quarter acre in Juja that I thought would be an ideal retirement property. I have absolutely no control over what my neighbors will build and as the area is filling up fast, I foresee high-rises surrounding my property, worse there seems to be business premises mixed into the residential areas, right now there are purely harwares, I am sure the loud pubs and churches are on their way. Right now I've redesignated that plot for rentals and I'm actively looking for a plot in an upcoming gated community. In my case Cytonn's newtown along Mombasa road looks good.
Jon Jones wrote:

@Surething , watching that Cytton (Newtown) on Msa road keenly.

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
Chaka
#15 Posted : Monday, May 08, 2017 9:37:01 AM

Where along Mombasa rd is this project?
webish wrote:

@Surething , watching that Cytton (Newtown) on Msa road keenly.

teemane
#16 Posted : Monday, May 08, 2017 12:57:23 PM

@ryko
Thika best kept secret for the next gated estate managed by its own members is WESTWOOD meadows Thika(JKUAT staff housing
project)sited along Thika -gatanga road next to Thika Coffee Mill.y
ou can get a quater for less than 3M of pure red soil gold.

teemane
#17 Posted : Monday, May 08, 2017 1:22:10 PM

@Ryko

KARANGAITA WESTWOOD MEADOWS

Westwood Meadows is a controlled development, gated community, located approximately 1.5 Km off Thika Superhighway near Maki Estate. The development will host 1,400 households and is provided with paved roads, street lighting, water and proposed perimeter wall.

Now you know......
sitaki.kujulikana
#18 Posted : Monday, May 08, 2017 3:57:11 PM

Jon Jones wrote:

if one looks at the likes of buru buru and other estates that started as 'gated', then the concept of a retirement home in a gated estate can quickly become a disillusion, but to all their own, real estate investment just like other investments are risky, and due diligence is important, whether its gated or not.
sitaki.kujulikana
#19 Posted : Monday, May 08, 2017 3:59:36 PM

teemane wrote:
@ryko
Thika best kept secret for the next gated estate managed by its own members is WESTWOOD meadows Thika(JKUAT staff housing

just to understand, why is red soil gold, the estates are not geared towards farming actually I would not be surprised if any form of farming is banned in most of the estates.
Ryko
#20 Posted : Monday, May 08, 2017 4:15:34 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
teemane wrote:
@ryko

just to understand, why is red soil gold, the estates are not geared towards farming actually I would not be surprised if any form of farming is banned in most of the estates.

Just my two cents, off course i am no expert @sitaki.kujulikana

1. When building foundation on red-soil, you will just begin by trenches directly + it has more stability

on the flip side

When building on cotton, you will first dig out the cotton, secondly you will have to buy red soil and fill the place before you can begin on the foundation (stability)

2. Over the years on cotton, the lower ground holds lots of water and the walls tend to be wet ish** on the lower ground if not done right.

Basically, its a little bit expensive laying the foundation on a cotton soil than red soil.

3. The little farming bit is a "+"