wazua Tue, Apr 23, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
ARM Cement FY16
uchumi
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 02, 2017 9:44:17 AM

Get the results in today's daily nation
“I don’t regret the things I’ve done, I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.”
uchumi
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 02, 2017 9:54:32 AM

Pesa name kindly post them .
“I don’t regret the things I’ve done, I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.”
Pesa Nane
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 02, 2017 10:09:02 AM

Full results link https://view.publitas.co...ded-31st-december-2016/
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Metasploit
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 02, 2017 10:22:02 AM

Pesa Nane wrote:

Always thankful to Pesa Nane!

There is a material announcement on DTB ? What is it ?

“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”
wukan
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 02, 2017 10:41:10 AM

That's a significant revenue drop with all the mega projects around. Not good
Metasploit
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 02, 2017 10:47:42 AM

“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”
Ericsson
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 02, 2017 11:01:22 AM

Company was mismanaged by the founding family and then once done they sold majority stake to CDC of UK.
Kazi iendelee.
What is being witnessed in ARM is similar to what Nakumatt is undergoing;difference been Nakumatt is yet to find a strategic investor.

Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 02, 2017 11:22:34 AM

This counter should be trading at less than 10 per share.
Metasploit
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 02, 2017 11:27:31 AM

One thing i have learn,ALWAYS BUY THE RUMOUR SELL THE FACT

Spikes
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 02, 2017 11:29:49 AM

Ericsson wrote:
This counter should be trading at less than 10 per share.

It'll reach 10bob. Give it time.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Pesa Nane
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 02, 2017 11:54:24 AM

Quote:
...in order to remain focused on the cement business, and to raise cash and release a significant amount of working capital locked up in the Mavuno Fertilisers division, the company decided to exit all of the non cement business. After going through a due selection process, the company has entered into an agreement for the sale of the non cement to a strategic investor, and expects to close the sale during the 3rd quarter of the year.

"Smell of manure at @ARMCement1 FY 2016 - lower revenue, 3.2bn loss, no dividend! A decision to exit fertilizer biz" - Wazua
Metasploit
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 02, 2017 12:21:16 PM

Metasploit wrote:

Another one,

NO MATTER WHAT,NEVER BUY A SHARE WHICH IS OVERBOUGHT..THERE IS ALWAYS AN OPPORTUNITY WITH OTHER SHARES

hisah
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 02, 2017 12:59:00 PM

Metasploit wrote:

Now you see the front running...
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Ebenyo
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 02, 2017 2:28:53 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Company was mismanaged by the founding family and then once done they sold majority stake to CDC of UK.
Kazi iendelee.
What is being witnessed in ARM is similar to what Nakumatt is undergoing;difference been Nakumatt is yet to find a strategic investor.

The money from cdc is not reflected here as it was given the other day.Next year results will give a true picture of the company state of health.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Pesa Nane
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 02, 2017 4:21:55 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kazi iendelee.

The money from cdc is not reflected here as it was given the other day.Next year results will give a true picture of the company state of health.

Quote:
Subsequent to the CDC equity investment the company, total debt reduced to KES 13 billion from KES 24 billion the previous year. This allowed the company to start investing internal cash generated into its normalized working capital resulting in significantly improved operational performance in the last quarter of the year

Ericsson
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 02, 2017 4:28:26 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kazi iendelee.

Quote:
Subsequent to the CDC equity investment the company, total debt reduced to KES 13 billion from KES 24 billion the previous year. This allowed the company to start investing internal cash generated into its normalized working capital resulting in significantly improved operational performance in the last quarter of the year

Ebenyo
Your answer is as Pesa Nane has quoted for you.
Just imagine if that money hadn't arrived how the loss would have been
VituVingiSana
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 02, 2017 10:56:04 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kazi iendelee.

The cash injection has been reflected since it came in in 3Q 2016. The full
benefit of the cash doesn't show up but for 4Q. A better FY 2017 can be expected with huge savings on interest costs BUT I would wait for 1H 2017 results to see where this firm might be headed. ARM got into a lot of trouble in the 90s by loading up on debt but was bailed out by Bamburi. This is a repeat.

The sale of non-core businesses may be a good idea to release cash & pay down debt OR boost working capital.

ARM's huge bet on TZ hasn't paid off. Delays in commissioning the plant then the drama with coal supplies and depressed market. TZ isn't a friendly place to do business for Kenyan firms.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
lochaz-index
#18 Posted : Wednesday, May 03, 2017 8:34:58 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kazi iendelee.

The cash injection has been reflected since it came in in 3Q 2016. The full
benefit of the cash doesn't show up but for 4Q. A better FY 2017 can be expected with huge savings on interest costs BUT I would wait for 1H 2017 results to see where this firm might be headed. ARM got into a lot of trouble in the 90s by loading up on debt but was bailed out by Bamburi. This is a repeat.

The sale of non-core businesses may be a good idea to release cash & pay down debt OR boost working capital.

ARM's huge bet on TZ hasn't paid off. Delays in commissioning the plant then the drama with coal supplies and depressed market. TZ isn't a friendly place to do business for Kenyan firms.

Also skeptical on this one till HY 2017 sheds more light. It appears that the problem of loading up debt is very cyclical (mismanagement of working capital or just pure cash flow problems?). The ratios - even after the cash injection - suggests the issue is destined to recur without a substantial re-jig in management of the firm.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
VituVingiSana
#19 Posted : Wednesday, May 03, 2017 11:31:15 PM

Cash-flow issues vs Management. It's not easy to predict political thinking/policies. TZ is a nightmare. Magufuli means well but banning cheaper & better quality coal imports has hurt ARM. TZ should have ramped up coal production before banning imports. Local coal production will rise but in the meantime the under-utilization will continue. The economic environment is TZ is also grim in the near term. I will wait for 1H results before I consider ARM as investable vs other options.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Aguytrying
#20 Posted : Thursday, May 04, 2017 7:44:12 AM

Debt can humble the biggest best companies, making them look ordinary
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself