5 Pages<12345>
Why I will NOT be voting for UHURUTO in 2017
Angelica _ann
#41 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 2:08:08 PM

Nandwa wrote:
sheri wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
Hardwood, you and your family have every right to vote as you have decided. I think this is the way every Kenyan should reason as they go to vote. Those who have benefited from the leadership of Uhuruto in the last 4 years should vote for them and those who have suffered should vote them out. This is the most fair way to vote. It is influenced by your own and your family's well being. Masukuma keeps saying that mwamba ngoma huvutia kwake so should every Kenyan going into the elections vote for his own interest. If you got a job in SGR for gods sake vote them in, if you are Kabura, Bruce Odhiambo or any NYS supplier you must vote them in... Let the final tally be a true reflection of all the positives less the negatives. This is what true democracy is. No matter the outcome half the country will have to live with a president they did not elect so when you go to vote, vote for your interest. Ukipata sawa ukikosa sawa pia.

I am loving this concept everyday. Let everyone vote for their personal interest.

Most of our people think Paul Mwangi and David Ndii are idiots for sticking with RAO. But have we paused to imagine where these two dudes would be were Rao to become president ?

At this point I should confess that siwezi kosa board chairman if Rao wins.

What will you get if Jubilee wins ?

Now we know where a "man worketh he eateth" LOLLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly . All the effort cannot be for free.

Nandwa wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
Nandwa wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
newfarer wrote:
Why can't Rao try his push parliament if Jubilee is ready to support? Haki sielewi

Am hoping he does. Doubt whether he would want to be seen as the stumbling block.

It's important to diffuse the ethnic tensions. The cordomite's online gang baptized today's matatu protest as #mungikidemos and pushed it until it was trending.

Ahem, are you still willing to stand by your view!
What I just observed in a post above gets a perfect example here - that a RAO supporter would have to keep making excuses for him!

Ahem might you have spoken too soon bro ? But I understand. Goggles. Btw I have been team PK from 2013. So unlike you I wear no goggles. We are the moderates who have no time for the thieves and tribalists on either side of the divide. Luckily, our numbers are swelling.

I thought you like to project yourself as an objective - otherwise you would have acknowledged that RAO & co indeed rejected the proposal only to be whipped into line by some entit(y)ies - international!
That aside I am sorry for thinking that you run for RAO, but man your posts in wazua in regard to the guy - may be its goggles that you chose to attribute to me!

NAIROBI (Reuters) - Kenya's opposition on Thursday softened its rejection of a presidential initiative to end a dispute over an electoral oversight body, suggesting the move was a start in accepting the need for dialogue but did not go far enough.

You guys NEVER forget your exchanges hapa wazua yawa tho!!!!! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Rollins
#42 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 2:12:01 PM

@Hardwood..Pole sana to your sis...From your previous description of how your siblings rolls home during family get together, i would expect your combined affluence to sort small sis chap chap!!

Even a BrOKeN clock is right twice a day
kaka2za
#43 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 2:42:39 PM

murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
2012 wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Not everyone can be an entreprenuer! Expecting @wood's sister to be an entreprenuer is myopic

Allow me to disagree. I believe there's an entrepreneurial spirit in everyone.
In the current situation we are in, you have no choice but to start thinking and actioning it whether employed or not. You just have no choice. You don't have to be a sales person or aggressive to be an entrepreneur, you can have some rental units, sell online, get your friends and other people to sell your product for a commission etc. You just can't rely on getting paid by building other people's dreams, not in this day and age.

Entrepreneurship is just one factor of production. You still need land, labor and capital.Some must work for others otherwise we cant all be self employed.

Nope.

With 8yrs experience, Bcom degree and CPA. One option Upwork dot com would offer her freelance accounting jobs if she's aggressive enough. needs is a laptop and internet. But labda ata hawezi excel spreadsheets.

Si lazima ufungue kiosk.

Please read what you have written. She is looking for a chance to provide skilled labour!
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
#44 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 3:06:24 PM

Swenani wrote:
2012 wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Not everyone can be an entreprenuer! Expecting @wood's sister to be an entreprenuer is myopic

In the current situation we are in, you have no choice but to start thinking and actioning it whether employed or not. You just have no choice. You don't have to be a sales person or aggressive to be an entrepreneur, you can have some rental units, sell online, get your friends and other people to sell your product for a commission etc. You just can't rely on getting paid by building other people's dreams, not in this day and age.

Easier said than done!!
Only successful in inspirational/motivational talks.
Capital is a challenging thing even for entrepenuers, where will somebody who has been earning 50K get capital to start putting up rental houses?

True, it's not easy. But you have two choices when you are retrenched, (1) look for another job and restart the cycle or (2) go into business. After your retrenchment experience, you already know that option 1 is unsustainable and it's still has that bitter pill taste and you will never be satisfied, so why not try out option 2? You may fail but what if you don't? I'll tell you this from experience, most of the times what you set out to do will not be what you'll end up doing best in business, you'll discover something else much stronger and unique when you keep going.
Rental house: Who said they must be concrete?

BBI will solve it
:)
murchr
#45 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 4:03:39 PM

kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
2012 wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Entrepreneurship is just one factor of production. You still need land, labor and capital.Some must work for others otherwise we cant all be self employed.

Nope.

With 8yrs experience, Bcom degree and CPA. One option Upwork dot com would offer her freelance accounting jobs if she's aggressive enough. needs is a laptop and internet. But labda ata hawezi excel spreadsheets.

Si lazima ufungue kiosk.

Please read what you have written. She is looking for a chance to provide skilled labour!

And upwork has loads of it ama skilled labor ndio gani tena?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Coolbull
#46 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 4:09:19 PM

Nimekuwa jua kali miaka kumi na saba. Hii maneno ya kulia juu ya retrenchment does not make much sense. Markets are dynamic. An organization and/or Individual must be alive to that fact - markets are dynamic.

One area I have dealt in is I.T.

Year 2001-2004: Lucrative job was assembling comps. Today that is long forgotten unless you are designing a main-frame server for IEBC.

Year 2001-2007: Software installation, repair and maintenance. Today these jobs are done by college interns and those whose charge is 500/= ya chai.

Year 2005- 2010: Networking offices and Internet provision. Still is but supply is more than demand. Today you think of joining construction guys and do internet ready buildings. On internet provision many have been swept under the carpet...Flash Telecom.

Year 2005-2010: Lucrative job was domain registration and web design. This is still ongoing but competition is very stiff. Worse rates have come done. A website that one could charge 75k to design today is 25k. Take it or leave it.

Year 2011-2017: Lucrative job is social media marketing. Here innovation is what is matters.

Have I left out something? Yes. Software or App Develoment. These guys have been in business since the 70s.

What am I saying? One ought to be innovative and upgrade skills as per market demands. Let the telephone operators at Telkom Kenya train in mobile-phone repair. And the guys who used to do paging services source mobile phones from China.

That is one sector I have witnessed change so dramatically.

Now think about farming - Agribusiness is where money is not just doing potatoes in Kinangop blindly.
Think real estate - gated community is where money is not just selling buroti.

Professionals who don't add skills are the first to be shown the door. Today you will find CPAs/Finance studying Law. HR hao law school pia.

Personally, I have had to find my way back to class - continuously.

Swenani
#47 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 4:44:40 PM

Rollins wrote:
@Hardwood..Pole sana to your sis...From your previous description of how your siblings rolls home during family get together, i would expect your combined affluence to sort small sis chap chap!!

smile smile smile smile smile
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Swenani
#48 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 4:48:02 PM

Coolbull wrote:
Nimekuwa jua kali miaka kumi na saba. Hii maneno ya kulia juu ya retrenchment does not make much sense. Markets are dynamic. An organization and/or Individual must be alive to that fact - markets are dynamic.

Year 2001-2004: Lucrative job was assembling comps. Today that is long forgotten unless you are designing a main-frame server for IEBC.

Year 2001-2007: Software installation, repair and maintenance. Today these jobs are done by college interns and those whose charge is 500/= ya chai.

Year 2005- 2010: Networking offices and Internet provision. Still is but supply is more than demand. Today you think of joining construction guys and do internet ready buildings. On internet provision many have been swept under the carpet...Flash Telecom.

Year 2005-2010: Lucrative job was domain registration and web design. This is still ongoing but competition is very stiff. Worse rates have come done. A website that one could charge 75k to design today is 25k. Take it or leave it.

Year 2011-2017: Lucrative job is social media marketing. Here innovation is what is matters.

Have I left out something? Yes. Software or App Develoment. These guys have been in business since the 70s.

What am I saying? One ought to be innovative and upgrade skills as per market demands. Let the telephone operators at Telkom Kenya train in mobile-phone repair. And the guys who used to do paging services source mobile phones from China.

Now think about farming - Agribusiness is where money is not just doing potatoes in Kinangop blindly.

Professionals who don't add skills are the first to be shown the door. Today you will find CPAs/Finance studying Law. HR hao law school pia.

Uliacha kuuza asprin za amiran?
mpobiz
#49 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 5:02:38 PM

Coolbull wrote:

Applause Applause makofi kwa huyu kijana
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
quicksand
#50 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 5:36:08 PM

Coolbull wrote:

Good stuff this ...however in IT (and telecomms), wachana na hardware side of things. In hardware, component technology is getting advanced (where small boxes encapsulating myriad technologies -for instance, microsites and node bs are just small boxes you plug into standard interfaces...they break you just buy and plug in new ones) ...obsolescence is very rapid.
There was a time in the very recent past (circa 2007, 2008 there were only 3 CCIEs in Kenya). Diminishing returns.
Instead, go to Applications/Software side. There is a human element to it (stupidity of end users) that unduly complicates Software and makes it less prone to upheaval for established pros...just keep your skills up-to-date and your daily bread will be regular.
thuks
#51 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 7:02:05 PM

Drobos fly
#52 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 11:28:39 PM

hardwood wrote:
...............................................At the end of the day its about me and family................... It's all about us.

So all along... even your subconscious knows it's you and your family, not Uhuru, you and your family. I then really wonder why you have us all here engaged in futile, cyclic, irrelevant arguments of back and forth.

No one who succeeds in life would even dare reason like you have because that kind or reasoning and trail of thought is definitely setting you, your family and loved ones up for utter pitiful failure!
Coolbull
#53 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 10:20:01 AM

quicksand wrote:
Coolbull wrote:

Good stuff this ...however in IT (and telecomms), wachana na hardware side of things. In hardware, component technology is getting advanced (where small boxes encapsulating myriad technologies -for instance, microsites and node bs are just small boxes you plug into standard interfaces...they break you just buy and plug in new ones) ...obsolescence is very rapid.
There was a time in the very recent past (circa 2007, 2008 there were only 3 CCIEs in Kenya). Diminishing returns.
Instead, go to Applications/Software side. There is a human element to it (stupidity of end users) that unduly complicates Software and makes it less prone to upheaval for established pros...just keep your skills up-to-date and your daily bread will be regular.

Very true. Hardware ni shida unless one is in manufacturing. I remember an old family friend, a former Senior engineer with Telkom was shocked when he had asked me to repair his PC. I walked in with a motherboard, removed his, replaced it and asked for my payment.

No tester, no meter. Nothing for testing. Just a star screw driver. Mzee alishangaa then he laughed and said he had realized why he was forced to retire.

He wasn't dynamic. He couldn't keep up with changing ways of doing things.

As we speak, plastics have been banned. By now we should be talking of the best alternative, from an entrepreneur's perspective.

tycho
#54 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 11:18:48 AM

Look, are you guys complaining about there being laws that guarantee employment but the executive has failed to execute them?

TSi
#55 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 11:32:04 AM

Coolbull wrote:
quicksand wrote:
Coolbull wrote:

Very true. Hardware ni shida unless one is in manufacturing. I remember an old family friend, a former Senior engineer with Telkom was shocked when he had asked me to repair his PC. I walked in with a motherboard, removed his, replaced it and asked for my payment.

No tester, no meter. Nothing for testing. Just a star screw driver. Mzee alishangaa then he laughed and said he had realized why he was forced to retire.

As we speak, plastics have been banned. By now we should be talking of the best alternative, from an entrepreneur's perspective.

I am so encouraged, lakini this is a question to akina coolbull, 2012 & all of you who feel its easy to be an entrepreneur, if u have like 100k cash what small hustle can one venture in at least iwe inaleta 10k per month?
quicksand
#56 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 11:43:13 AM

TSi wrote:
Coolbull wrote:
quicksand wrote:
Coolbull wrote:

I am so encouraged, lakini this is a question to akina coolbull, 2012 & all of you who feel its easy to be an entrepreneur, if u have like 100k cash what small hustle can one venture in at least iwe inaleta 10k per month?

Good question. Sio lazima iwe ni groundbreaking-uncharted territory àla cold fusion kind of thing. 100K (or a little bit more) will get a good Mpesa Agent (or Equity, KCB, Airtel) thing going...a bit later on complement that with printing, photocopying and typesetting, add some Photoshop skills as you go along for airbrushing chic profiles for Facebook/Snapchat/Pinterest smile....after that ongeza photo studio ...and so on.
Hiyo ni example moja.
Swenani
#57 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 11:43:23 AM

TSi wrote:
Coolbull wrote:
quicksand wrote:
Coolbull wrote:

a butchery in strategic place, groceries etc.

I know a butchery can give you close to 100% returns in a month before expenses
Ngalaka
#58 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:43:29 PM

Drobos fly wrote:
hardwood wrote:
...............................................At the end of the day its about me and family................... It's all about us.

So all along... even your subconscious knows it's you and your family, not Uhuru, you and your family. I then really wonder why you have us all here engaged in futile, cyclic, irrelevant arguments of back and forth.

No one who succeeds in life would even dare reason like you have because that kind or reasoning and trail of thought is definitely setting you, your family and loved ones up for utter pitiful failure!

hardwood wrote:
My little sis, an accountant, and a B.Com (UoN) CPA (K), called me yesterday and told me that she's being retrenched starting April 1st 2017, due to what her employer says is a difficult and non performing economic environment. NB she was employed immediately after graduation during the booming Kifaki days. My big shock is that she is now being fired because Ohuru has failed to grow the economy, like kibaki did. Surely the economy is supposed to be growing under the so called digital team but they have failed miserably.

In August I will be travelling to .Ke to specifically vote Uhuruto OUT, since this is now a very personal family matter to me. If my sis is in trouble, so am I.

Eh? Eh? Eh?
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
hardwood
#59 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:16:02 PM

Ngalaka wrote:
Drobos fly wrote:
hardwood wrote:

hardwood wrote:

In August I will be travelling to .Ke to specifically vote Uhuruto OUT, since this is now a very personal family matter to me. If my sis is in trouble, so am I.

Eh? Eh? Eh?

So?

FYI I've been busy dealing with the snow.....

Josey
#60 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:16:39 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
Hardwood, you and your family have every right to vote as you have decided. I think this is the way every Kenyan should reason as they go to vote. Those who have benefited from the leadership of Uhuruto in the last 4 years should vote for them and those who have suffered should vote them out. This is the most fair way to vote. It is influenced by your own and your family's well being. Masukuma keeps saying that mwamba ngoma huvutia kwake so should every Kenyan going into the elections vote for his own interest. If you got a job in SGR for gods sake vote them in, if you are Kabura, Bruce Odhiambo or any NYS supplier you must vote them in... Let the final tally be a true reflection of all the positives less the negatives. This is what true democracy is. No matter the outcome half the country will have to live with a president they did not elect so when you go to vote, vote for your interest. Ukipata sawa ukikosa sawa pia.

Applause Applause Applause Sasa hata mimi nasadiki @kusadikika.You are on point.