wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages123>»
Why I will NOT be voting for UHURUTO in 2017
hardwood
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 8:07:36 PM

My little sis, an accountant, and a B.Com (UoN) CPA (K), called me yesterday and told me that she's being retrenched starting April 1st 2017, due to what her employer says is a difficult and non performing economic environment. NB she was employed immediately after graduation during the booming Kifaki days. My big shock is that she is now being fired because Ohuru has failed to grow the economy, like kibaki did. Surely the economy is supposed to be growing under the so called digital team but they have failed miserably.

In August I will be travelling to .Ke to specifically vote Uhuruto OUT, since this is now a very personal family matter to me. If my sis is in trouble, so am I.
Drobos fly
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 8:42:47 PM

I'm trying to think, just how many who have lost their jobs in similar circumstances end up reasoning like that..... Basically what you are simply implying is before Uhuru, retrenching was none existent in the country.

I really feel pity for your little sis because of you, now she thinks her future is determined by someone rather than herself being the one in charge of her own life.
murchr
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 8:44:28 PM

@masukuma posted this in another thread and it will be good if you and your sister took this advice seriously. Companies exist to make money, once your job is redundant you are swept off....

masukuma wrote:

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hardwood
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 8:46:03 PM

If my sis is unable to sustain a job under Uhuruto, it's only logical to give the alternative camp, baba, a try, he may guarantee her a job. At the end of the day all these matters are personal, ie whether you are able to put food on your table.
Shak
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 8:53:34 PM

Drobos fly wrote:
I'm trying to think, just how many who have lost their jobs in similar circumstances end up reasoning like that..... Basically what you are simply implying is before Uhuru, retrenching was none existent in the country.

I really feel pity for your little sis because of you, now she thinks her future is determined by someone rather than herself being the one in charge of her own life.

Hear hear!
hardwood
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 8:56:38 PM

Drobos fly wrote:

During the kifaki days the economy was growing by leaps and bounds. But now now everything is at a standstill and retrenchments are the order of the day. At the end of the day its about me and family. We should only support a regime that takes care of our needs, one that supports and enables us achieve our vision. It's all about us.
murchr
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 9:01:27 PM

hardwood wrote:
If my sis is unable to sustain a job under Uhuruto, it's only logical to give the alternative camp, baba, a try, he may guarantee her a job. At the end of the day all these matters are personal, ie whether you are able to put food on your table.

Ukivalishwa kofia the granter of the degree gives you "the power to read and to do all which appertains to that degree". If after 4 years your sister's wish was to get a job and be domicile at her employers desk, then she just got papers and nothing else after those 4 years.

This employer is not getting rid of every one...but those not producing anything towards his bottom line.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Bigchick
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 9:17:27 PM

murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Ukivalishwa kofia the granter of the degree gives you "the power to read and to do all which appertains to that degree". If after 4 years your sister's wish was to get a job and be domicile at her employers desk, then she just got papers and nothing else after those 4 years.

This employer is not getting rid of every one...but those not producing anything towards his bottom line.

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Yes employers are declaring redundant those who do not contribute to their bottom line.

To the best of my knowledge retrenchments have been with us for a long time.White collar jobs will continue shrinking so lets start thinking entrepreneurship.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
hardwood
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 9:27:34 PM

Bigchick wrote:
murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Yes employers are declaring redundant those who do not contribute to their bottom line.

To the best of my knowledge retrenchments have been with us for a long time.White collar jobs will continue shrinking so lets start thinking entrepreneurship.

So my sis is supposed to continue supporting the regime and chanting "tuko pamoja" even after after being fired coz the jubilee economy is dying? How can you continue supporting jubilee when you are made jobless and can no longer pay rent, fees etc.
murchr
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 9:35:43 PM

Bigchick wrote:
murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Your sister can do whatever, but if she thinks that she'll get a job because babu is at the helm, she'll live a miserable life.
Realtreaty
#11 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 10:13:54 PM

hardwood wrote:
My little sis, an accountant, and a B.Com (UoN) CPA (K), called me yesterday and told me that she's being retrenched starting April 1st 2017, due to what her employer says is a difficult and non performing economic environment. NB she was employed immediately after graduation during the booming Kifaki days. My big shock is that she is now being fired because Ohuru has failed to grow the economy, like kibaki did. Surely the economy is supposed to be growing under the so called digital team but they have failed miserably.

In August I will be travelling to .Ke to specifically vote Uhuruto OUT, since this is now a very personal family matter to me. If my sis is in trouble, so am I.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Flying from the pan to the coal.
What has she been doing all that ama ni kunywa tu Smirnoff white and Hurligham?
university graduate just following like an idler cam just to be fed while failures like Sonko are becoming their Bosses.
hardwood
#12 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 10:27:10 PM

murchr wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Your sister can do whatever, but if she thinks that she'll get a job because babu is at the helm, she'll live a miserable life.

If you loose your job because the economy is doing badly under the current regime, you can either continue supporting the current regime and remain jobless or you can support the other camp and hope for the best, i.e. that they will fix matters and guarantee you a job.
hardwood
#13 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 10:37:29 PM

murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:

@murchr you are an idiot. She has worked for 8yrs and her company/employer was doing well until recently when the economic environment went south. And the company decided to offload staff due to the "tough environment". Just how can you blame her for being "not productive" while it is the macroenvironment that is to blame?
murchr
#14 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 11:48:54 PM

hardwood wrote:
murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:

@murchr you are an idiot. She has worked for 8yrs and her company/employer was doing well until recently when the economic environment went south. And the company decided to offload staff due to the "tough environment". Just how can you blame her for being "not productive" while it is the macroenvironment that is to blame?

The idiot is the image you see when you look at the mirror. A job owes the employee nothing. It's simply there to make money for the owners. The other resources can be changed as needed. The only constant thing in this world is change. If the environment changed and the company didn't change with the environment they will be swept off. Your sister's job may be replaced by a job that serves the needs of the company today and in the future. Mwambie afunge mshipi si yeye wa kwanza na si wa mwisho.

Ati BCOM UON CPA plus 8 yrs experience more than enough to start her own hustle. Kama hakutumia mshahara kama mbegu...
hardwood
#15 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 11:52:03 PM

murchr wrote:
@masukuma posted this in another thread and it will be good if you and your sister took this advice seriously. Companies exist to make money, once your job is redundant you are swept off....

masukuma wrote:

If Ohuru can not sustain the jobs kifaki created, then he should be kicked out of SH. NB This matter is very personal to me na sio mchezo.
Kusadikika
#16 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 12:10:27 AM

Hardwood, you and your family have every right to vote as you have decided. I think this is the way every Kenyan should reason as they go to vote. Those who have benefited from the leadership of Uhuruto in the last 4 years should vote for them and those who have suffered should vote them out. This is the most fair way to vote. It is influenced by your own and your family's well being. Masukuma keeps saying that mwamba ngoma huvutia kwake so should every Kenyan going into the elections vote for his own interest. If you got a job in SGR for gods sake vote them in, if you are Kabura, Bruce Odhiambo or any NYS supplier you must vote them in... Let the final tally be a true reflection of all the positives less the negatives. This is what true democracy is. No matter the outcome half the country will have to live with a president they did not elect so when you go to vote, vote for your interest. Ukipata sawa ukikosa sawa pia.
T-Bag
#17 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 12:41:08 AM

If you want to be rich, it is up to you to make it happen, No one will employ you to make you financially free..... and yes retrenchment is business as usual in the rat race no matter the honchos at the top!
I AM trust in GOD, I AM belief in THYSELF
mpobiz
#18 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 1:07:30 AM

sometimes i wander why we are so one dimentional when we look at issues.
what if the owners of the company have mismanaged the firm to warrant the retrenchments?
what if the compertition is too stiff
what if your sister has been sleeping on the job and the management had to find a reason to let go in a humane manner
what if the company was thriving due to corruption loopholes that have now been fixed by the government. like not paying tax?
one company dies several companies rise which in return employ more brothers and sisters frm other families.
finaly the video summarises it all. you have to be sharp to survive in this capitalist environment.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
quicksand
#19 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 7:40:03 AM

hardwood wrote:

Its sad this has happened to your family member.
You have been batting hard for the Uhuruto administration that some of us wonder whether you are bereft of sense (We continue to wonder cause you are still dug in deep
regarding Trump). Your loyalties, whatever they are, made you blind to the damage until it struck too close to home.
Being myopic is what ensures bad people continue to screw Kenyans;
What was it that Hillary Clinton said? "..You can't keep snakes in your backyard and expect them only to bite your neighbors".
We shouldn't have to wait for misfortunes to bring about the road to Damascus epiphany.
sheri
#20 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 8:23:15 AM

@Hardwood sorry for your sis. We are almost in the same predicament but we are not sitting pretty.What i can say for sure is that companies fail because of various reasons both external and internal. Poor management and poor financial planning contributes to 90% of the failures. When retrenchment come knocking various parameters are used for various cadre of staff. Disciplinary cases, lateness, work output etc. As for your sis am surprised with her qualification she is running to you crying having worked for 8 years.
To help her tell her to tighten the belt and move out of her comfort zone.
Politically if you feel the UHURUTO government is to blame for the company problems and your sis "perceived" misfortune VOTE them OUT pronto.