wazua Wed, Apr 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<1234>»
KENGEN HY17
Ebenyo
#21 Posted : Thursday, March 02, 2017 9:20:38 AM

sparkly wrote:
[quote=Ebenyo]Reduced revenues is a clear indication Albert Mugo was not up to the task.Hopefuly the next ceo will steer the company ahead into vibrancy.

Look at the revenue breakdown.

Electricity revenue was flat.

Difference is lower steam revenue and commercial drilling revenue.

,................................................................. ... ..............................

do you foresee a dividend for FY 17 full results? last year we missed it for dubious reasons.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Horton
#22 Posted : Thursday, March 02, 2017 9:31:15 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
[quote=Ebenyo]Reduced revenues is a clear indication Albert Mugo was not up to the task.Hopefuly the next ceo will steer the company ahead into vibrancy.

Look at the revenue breakdown.

Electricity revenue was flat.

Difference is lower steam revenue and commercial drilling revenue.

,................................................................. ... ..............................

do you foresee a dividend for FY 17 full results? last year we missed it for dubious reasons.

Buyers market for real. If eps will be 1.3-1.5, that would be a PE of 4-5!

Only concern here for me is flatlining top line.
kawi254
#23 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 3:16:17 PM

PIC of SA has been the big buyer of Kengen shares in the market and after taking the untaken rights issue will have 6.62% shareholding.

ION, our own NSSF who used to be the 2nd largest shareholder vanished from shareholders list of KenGen
Chaka
#24 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 3:26:46 PM

So, does NSSF know something that PIC doesn't know or does PIC know something that NSSF doesn't know?
kawi254 wrote:

PIC of SA has been the big buyer of Kengen shares in the market and after taking the untaken rights issue will have 6.62% shareholding.

ION, our own NSSF who used to be the 2nd largest shareholder vanished from shareholders list of KenGen

murchr
#25 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:19:07 PM

kawi254 wrote:

Is there a possibility than KENGEN might* start exporting power to southern Africa?

*Pure speculation
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Ebenyo
#26 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:53:45 PM

What value does PIC bring to 1.kengen company 2.existing kengen shareholders.
kawi254
#27 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 5:33:47 PM

Ebenyo wrote:

1. With their shareholding (and they keep buying...) they will demand some board seats which means more hawk eyes oversight than current GOK appointees.

2. Kengen advertised CEO position in the ECONOMIST, this could be a pre-condition from PIC to recruit a CEO internationally.

3. Being a pension fund i believe they are in Kengen long term hence free float for Kengen at NSE reduces. Law of supply Vs demand will push share price upwards.

4. They can't be putting all that money and fail to get dividends...going forward i see KenGen going back to guaranteed dividends every year.
Ebenyo
#28 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 5:42:27 PM

kawi254 wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

1. With their shareholding (and they keep buying...) they will demand some board seats which means more hawk eyes oversight than current GOK appointees.

2. Kengen advertised CEO position in the ECONOMIST, this could be a pre-condition from PIC to recruit a CEO internationally.

3. Being a pension fund i believe they are in Kengen long term hence free float for Kengen at NSE reduces. Law of supply Vs demand will push share price upwards.

4. They can't be putting all that money and fail to get dividends...going forward i see KenGen going back to guaranteed dividends every year.

thats some good points kawi.i was bored when i missed a dividend last year.was thinking to dump the company but now i have some reasons to wait abit.I was waiting for full year results in october to make a decision but i think i should now be a little bit optimistic.
Ericsson
#29 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 5:51:12 PM

Chaka wrote:
So, does NSSF know something that PIC doesn't know or does PIC know something that NSSF doesn't know?
kawi254 wrote:

NSSF was there and exited because it wasn't seeing tangible returns on its investment.NSSF have been in KENGEN since 2007.
Compare the share price at that time and now.
PIC is looking at divesting its funds away from South Africa where returns have been low.It has seen KENGEN as an opportunity for growth based on its current share price and future expectations

I hope you have been seeing the news lately of south african companies snapping up assets in kenya e.g
Sanlam buying PineBridge
Old Mutual Properties investment in Two Rivers Mall (50% stake)
Old Mutual Life SA acquired UAP Holdings
Stanlib buying Greenspan Mall
Sanlam Kenya acquired Gateway Insurance
etc etc
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#30 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 5:54:32 PM

kawi254 wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

2. Kengen advertised CEO position in the ECONOMIST, this could be a pre-condition from PIC to recruit a CEO internationally.---GoK will have it's way as majority shareholder.Most likely the CEO will be Kenyan.Advertising on the economist was kenyans in the diaspora to be aware and apply

3. Being a pension fund i believe they are in Kengen long term hence free float for Kengen at NSE reduces. Law of supply Vs demand will push share price upwards.----Wanjiku slowly edged out

Ericsson
#31 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 6:01:13 PM

murchr wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

Is there a possibility than KENGEN might* start exporting power to southern Africa?

*Pure speculation

Link of the information;
http://www.kengen.co.ke/...Allotment%20to%20PIC.PDF
kawi254
#32 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 6:02:38 PM

Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

2. Kengen advertised CEO position in the ECONOMIST, this could be a pre-condition from PIC to recruit a CEO internationally.---GoK will have it's way as majority shareholder.Most likely the CEO will be Kenyan.Advertising on the economist was kenyans in the diaspora to be aware and apply KAA CEO is from Norway (haven't seen/heard of His impact though). I think to manage a company like KenGen GOK should have minimum qualification of having managed a company of similar size & revenues before. Not some mid-level management diaspora Kenyans

3. Being a pension fund i believe they are in Kengen long term hence free float for Kengen at NSE reduces. Law of supply Vs demand will push share price upwards.----Wanjiku slowly edged out

Ericsson
#33 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 6:05:15 PM

kawi254 wrote:

NSSF will be back in the top 10 shareholder list at their right time
Ericsson
#34 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 6:08:06 PM

kawi254 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

2. Kengen advertised CEO position in the ECONOMIST, this could be a pre-condition from PIC to recruit a CEO internationally.---GoK will have it's way as majority shareholder.Most likely the CEO will be Kenyan.Advertising on the economist was kenyans in the diaspora to be aware and apply KAA CEO is from Norway (haven't seen/heard of His impact though). I think to manage a company like KenGen GOK should have minimum qualification of having managed a company of similar size & revenues before. Not some mid-level management diaspora Kenyans
The advert by PWC in the newspapers/dailies for the CEO stated those minimum qualifications as mandatory

Ericsson
#35 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2017 5:40:54 PM

6.55 is a barrier limit for this counter.
It has been unable to breach the mark since after the rights issue
sparkly
#36 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2017 5:48:42 PM

Ericsson wrote:
6.55 is a barrier limit for this counter.
It has been unable to breach the mark since after the rights issue

Buyers and sellers still dancing the tango. The bear is not helping.
Life is short. Live passionately.
sparkly
#37 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2017 5:50:18 PM

Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

NSSF will be back in the top 10 shareholder list at their right time

The fools will buy back from PIC at a premium.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ericsson
#38 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2017 6:21:06 PM

PIC ain't going any where for now.
They have a lot of funds and with south African economy being volatile due to Zumanomics;they are looking at alternative mkts
Ebenyo
#39 Posted : Thursday, April 06, 2017 10:40:06 AM

Ericsson wrote:
PIC ain't going any where for now.
They have a lot of funds and with south African economy being volatile due to Zumanomics;they are looking at alternative mkts

i can see they are buying more.They will surely
bring in some quality to the company.
Ericsson
#40 Posted : Thursday, April 06, 2017 10:58:25 AM

Their target is to reach 10% shareholding and get a board seat