wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Agribusiness wave
nyakosh
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 9:15:56 PM

Everywhere I read of guaranteed returns through land.
Any wazuan who has experience with this?
please share, pros, cons and who are reliable.
Problems can be very complicated, solutions cannot be.
Mukiri
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 10:51:40 PM

Farming like any other mbiashara has its pros and cons. It is not to be taken lightly. That said, look around... the wealthiest people, even with their hassles, are also farming.

Proverbs 19:21
oops
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 10:10:11 AM

anyone investing in the Diamond properties Bethany city managed agri business in Kajiado? are they paying on time or excuses and funny charges galore.
majimaji
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 10:42:27 AM

Buyer beware. Agri business concept sounds like ponzi schemes.
majimaji
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 10:44:26 AM

Buyer beware. Agri business concepts sound like ponzi schemes.
Hobitke
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:13:45 AM

oops wrote:
anyone investing in the Diamond properties Bethany city managed agri business in Kajiado? are they paying on time or excuses and funny charges galore.

smile I have heard a few people still waiting for the returns on this, if you hear of anyone, do tell.
twesha13
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:23:33 AM

Hobitke wrote:
oops wrote:

smile I have heard a few people still waiting for the returns on this, if you hear of anyone, do tell.

How does this work? does it work for small pieces of land like an 1/8th?
where a woman rules, rivers run uphill!
Lolest!
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:24:20 AM

majimaji wrote:

Buyer beware. Agri business concept sounds like ponzi schemes.

The issue is, for long these real estate eighth-acre plot dealers were making chums out of selling bare land all over

So with time many others joined this business of simply buying land in bulk(tens, hundreds of acres..) and breaking it down a few months later at crazy profits.

So supply went up but demand didn't increase as such

That's why they have to find things to differentiate different land products. It could be land with a greenhouse or they plant for you trees.

These are just creative businessmen!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Hobitke
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:29:56 AM

twesha13 wrote:
Hobitke wrote:
oops wrote:

Diamond sells you a package , land + a greenhouse , they say they will manage the greenhouse for you and pay you proceeds in intervals. That was the pitch back then by their slick sales guy wearing a Goldish watch.
majimaji
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:47:20 AM

Hobitke wrote:
twesha13 wrote:
Hobitke wrote:
oops wrote:

Diamond sells you a package , land + a greenhouse , they say they will manage the greenhouse for you and pay you proceeds in intervals. That was the pitch back then by their slick sales guy wearing a Goldish watch.

Anytime time you hear the word greenhouse, ask yourself where the water is coming from. They will tell you borehole water, but boreholes in those marginal agricultural areas cost money, provide little water and of low quality.
quicksand
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:38:58 PM

Hobitke wrote:
twesha13 wrote:
Hobitke wrote:
oops wrote:

...that premise fails the first test, the common sense one. If the business is so lucrative, why would they manage it for third parties instead of going it in for themselves and drawing all the profits?
These are chaps out to sell you small pieces of semi-arid land which don't have property development appeal and greenhouses.
But as usual, some people will be suckered in.....the quail eggs thing comes to mind Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
mpobiz
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2017 2:16:08 AM

oops wrote:

wajinga ndio waliwao
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
Hobitke
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2017 7:51:13 AM

quicksand wrote:
Hobitke wrote:
twesha13 wrote:
Hobitke wrote:
oops wrote:

...that premise fails the first test, the common sense one. If the business is so lucrative, why would they manage it for third parties instead of going it in for themselves and drawing all the profits?
These are chaps out to sell you small pieces of semi-arid land which don't have property development appeal and greenhouses.
But as usual, some people will be suckered in.....the quail eggs thing comes to mind Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Yes, that should be the first question, its amazing how people continue getting suckered in.
dunkang
#14 Posted : Thursday, March 09, 2017 11:17:06 AM

Just like any other wave, it will come to pass, and newer more trendier wave come, which will also pass for an even more newer one.
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

deadpoet
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 09, 2017 11:44:36 AM

Mixed information online about Bethany city:

Positive:

https://www.standardmedi...millions-from-idle-land

Negative:

Diamond properties website offline
Speculz
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 09, 2017 12:02:06 PM

deadpoet wrote:
Mixed information online about Bethany city:

Positive:

https://www.standardmedi...millions-from-idle-land

Negative:

Diamond properties website offline

Site still online -
http://diamondpropertymerchants.net/

With the quality of journalists we have, nothing is to be believed.
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
Rahatupu
#17 Posted : Thursday, March 09, 2017 9:14:40 PM

I suggested to them that I pay the 10% deposit, they manage the greenhouse for 1 year and give vacant possession thereafter. The balance being the profit from greenhouse operations. Wakakataa
Rahatupu
#18 Posted : Thursday, March 09, 2017 9:19:59 PM

Agribusiness is a great idea whose time is now. To get it right you must sort our source of water then other technology will follow esp greenhouse. Non permanent woodmade greenhouses are cost effective.
Like any other venture management is key and critical. Don't fall for the Diamond property ponzi schemes
The Great
#19 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 6:01:14 AM

I disagree. Agriculture is just the business in fashion. Bad weather and difficult community like the maasai. They grazed their cows all over my beans. Nkt
"Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own."
quicksand
#20 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 10:09:38 AM

Rahatupu wrote:

I suggested to them that I pay the 10% deposit, they manage the greenhouse for 1 year and give vacant possession thereafter. The balance being the profit from greenhouse operations. Wakakataa

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
You have made my Friday.