wazua Thu, Apr 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
PesaLink
chris79
#21 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 6:50:23 PM

Flo-ology wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Tap will have nil effect. Its a step backwards.

I also wonder who advised them on that card....The uptke will be low; people are already burdened carrying many cards(Credit card, debit card, loyalty card... list goes on till one gets tired)

You have the option of choosing between a card, wrist band or a sticker that you attach to your phone. This could be a game changer since it will eliminate the errors of paying to the wrong merchant and the subsequent hustle in having these reversed. Imagine paying for your phombe at your local by simply tapping your wrist band or phone to the merchant terminal and entering your PIN. No more fiddling with the M-pesa menu.
Lolest!
#22 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 9:49:05 PM

chris79 wrote:
Flo-ology wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Tap will have nil effect. Its a step backwards.

I also wonder who advised them on that card....The uptke will be low; people are already burdened carrying many cards(Credit card, debit card, loyalty card... list goes on till one gets tired)

You have the option of choosing between a card, wrist band or a sticker that you attach to your phone. This could be a game changer since it will eliminate the errors of paying to the wrong merchant and the subsequent hustle in having these reversed. Imagine paying for your phombe at your local by simply tapping your wrist band or phone to the merchant terminal and entering your PIN. No more fiddling with the M-pesa menu.

Do they have special machines (PDQ)?

Why would a vendor with a till no or paybill want this, especially if he has to buy a device for just 1 type of card?

Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Lolest!
#23 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 9:53:00 PM

Ok. Seen the terms. The POS device is the property of safcom and you won't have to pay any rental for it
KulaRaha
#24 Posted : Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:38:42 AM

chris79 wrote:

Retrogressive. Safaricom has already succeeded in the ultimate, enabling you to make payments via your phone, both smart and dumb. Why ask you to carry another item?

I think its another dead project like big box...
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
maka
#25 Posted : Thursday, June 15, 2017 3:16:35 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
This pesalink looks like a monumental failure, as expected!

Now its free for 2 months, telling us how useless it is.

Main issue is stupid banks have limited transfer to 70k...when it can handle upto 1m. Self defeating!!

NIC is 250k but I agree its bogus...NIC told me i can only do 999,999 via mobile banking....not through the app or USSD
possunt quia posse videntur
junior121121
#26 Posted : Friday, June 16, 2017 12:57:06 PM

maka wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Main issue is stupid banks have limited transfer to 70k...when it can handle upto 1m. Self defeating!!

NIC is 250k but I agree its bogus...NIC told me i can only do 999,999 via mobile banking....not through the app or USSD

very useless system and roll-out - have an issue with CBA where i transferred some money and their system debited my account thrice - it has taken us 6 weeks to resolve this.
watesh
#27 Posted : Friday, June 16, 2017 2:02:18 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
chris79 wrote:

Retrogressive. Safaricom has already succeeded in the ultimate, enabling you to make payments via your phone, both smart and dumb. Why ask you to carry another item?

I think its another dead project like big box...

I personally hate the many steps i have to undertake to pay using mpesa. I just end up using my debit card at the till coz all i need is a PIN. Mpesa debit card would be ideal for me
mkenyan
#28 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:46:08 PM

KulaRaha wrote:

i disagree. have used it in may and this month and it is highly convenient. whereas i used to make some payments through my mobile app via mpesa and where large sums are involved walk to my bank for an rtgs, i am doing all these easily from my phone. and at a much lower cost. and while i initially had a limit, all i had to do was to merely apply to my bank to raise it and it was done - so that 70k limit is a non-factor.
Angelica _ann
#29 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2017 5:04:40 PM

mkenyan wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

i disagree. have used it in may and this month and it is highly convenient. whereas i used to make some payments through my mobile app via mpesa and where large sums are involved walk to my bank for an rtgs, i am doing all these easily from my phone. and at a much lower cost. and while i initially had a limit, all i had to do was to merely apply to my bank to raise it and it was done - so that 70k limit is a non-factor.

Good advice right there smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
mkeiy
#30 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2017 7:50:12 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Which banks are these that have limits?
I use Family & Stanbic, they have no such limits.
Taurrus
#31 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:26:28 PM

mkeiy wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Kwa members smile
Impunity
#32 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 6:09:43 PM

Taurrus wrote:
mkeiy wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Kwa members smile

KCB was the first i signed with then they limited me to 100K...I just ship next door to Stanbic n am now home.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Angelica _ann
#33 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 8:23:46 PM

Anybody with Coop or Equity experience?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Lolest!
#34 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2017 6:20:57 AM

Impunity wrote:
Taurrus wrote:
mkeiy wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Kwa members smile

KCB was the first i signed with then they limited me to 100K...I just ship next door to Stanbic n am now home.

The KCB option with 100k limit is not pesalink. It's their normal mobile transfer service that predates pesalink

I tried using pesalink with my kcb account. Was sending to another KCB account and the amount was huge. When you get to that part for choosing the recipient bank, KCB isn't among the choices!
tnai9
#35 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2017 2:42:45 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Anybody with Coop or Equity experience?

I received 850K in my Coop Account in May this year(From think Barclays). It was so fast. I haven't tried to pay out as mostly I do internal transfers. But I suppose it should work. Coop services have generally really improved.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ― Charles Bukowski
chikonde
#36 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 9:36:41 AM

Found out yesterday that both sending AND receiving accounts have to be registered with Pesa Link for it to work.
kawi254
#37 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 9:40:47 AM

chikonde wrote:
Found out yesterday that both sending AND receiving accounts have to be registered with Pesa Link for it to work.

Receiving account does NOT have to be registered with PESALINK. Just PESALINKed my rent from Equitel to Barclays account that is unregistered...transaction fee was zero.
chikonde
#38 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 10:05:59 AM

Oh? I bank with Barclays and I found that they had linked me to PesaLink without me knowing (I use their internet banking, maybe that's how). Your recipient may also have been linked unbeknownst to him. Anyway, all good then!
kawi254
#39 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 10:59:42 AM

chikonde wrote:
Oh? I bank with Barclays and I found that they had linked me to PesaLink without me knowing (I use their internet banking, maybe that's how). Your recipient may also have been linked unbeknownst to him. Anyway, all good then!

The PESALINK SMS reads "XXXXXXXXX Confirmed. KES XXXXX.XX sent to Acc No. XXXXXXX on dd/mm/yy at HH:MM:SS who is unregistered in PESALINK"

from above clearly recipient bank account is NOT registered to PESALINK and transaction still went through. PESALINK is just RTGS and you don't have to do anything to receive RTGS.
chikonde
#40 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 11:38:32 AM

Mmmm, ok, good to know, thanks.