wazua Sat, Jun 22, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Car Diagnostics
geofreygachie
#1 Posted : Monday, February 06, 2017 12:56:05 PM

Hello Wazuans, i am in need of a reliable car diagnostics techie to have a look at Toyota Isis 2008, it has check engine light and the car stalls every time you press the accelerator especially while going up hill.
Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.
hardwood
#2 Posted : Monday, February 06, 2017 2:56:28 PM

Call this no. 0722704312. He's very good. He sorted my friend when others couldn't interpret codes.
geofreygachie
#3 Posted: : Monday, February 06, 2017 3:45:43 PM

hardwood wrote:
Call this no. 0722704312. He's very good. He sorted my friend when others couldn't interpret codes.

Thank you. Let me contact him right away.
Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.
hardwood
#4 Posted : Monday, February 06, 2017 4:07:48 PM

geofreygachie wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Ulete feedback so that we can know if he is still doing a good job.
geofreygachie
#5 Posted : Monday, February 06, 2017 4:11:26 PM

hardwood wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Ulete feedback so that we can know if he is still doing a good job.

Yes i will report back.
Ryko
#6 Posted : Monday, February 06, 2017 4:25:17 PM

geofreygachie wrote:
Hello Wazuans, i am in need of a reliable car diagnostics techie to have a look at Toyota Isis 2008, it has check engine light and the car stalls every time you press the accelerator especially while going up hill.

Damn what happens with this cars nowadays,last year a very close pay of mine had this exact problem, he packed underground in a supermarket, while he was getting out of the supermarket he had to go on a steep surface (You all know underground parkings). The shyt Vitz 2007-1000cc stalled midway,pressed the accelerator did nothing.Immediately the check engine popped up. You can imagine the shyt. Took to 3 mechancs, mecanic 1(computer problem-inda), Mechanic 2(sensor problem- Toyota Kenya) (mechanic 3 at Orie) told him to get a buyer ASAP. Sema kupata "Muhindi" akaimezea mate....bum SOLD it. If you decide to stay with it share how you fixed it..
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
Chaka
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 07, 2017 11:01:11 AM

Ryko wrote:
[quote=geofreygachie]

Damn what happens with this cars nowadays,last year a very close pay of mine had this exact problem, he packed underground in a supermarket, while he was getting out of the supermarket he had to go on a steep surface (You all know underground parkings). The shyt Vitz 2007-1000cc stalled midway,pressed the accelerator did nothing.Immediately the check engine popped up. You can imagine the shyt. Took to 3 mechancs, mecanic 1(computer problem-inda), Mechanic 2(sensor problem- Toyota Kenya) (mechanic 3 at Orie) told him to get a buyer ASAP. Sema kupata "Muhindi" akaimezea mate....bum SOLD it. If you decide to stay with it share how you fixed it..

shyt indeed..hope he/she didn't have a bootload of shopping..leave alone the shyt of having it towed out..
geofreygachie
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2017 7:19:18 PM

I visited the Mech this afternoon and the diagnostics generated

OBD II P0191
Fault Code Definition

Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

The guy recommended a 2 step approach ,
- replace the fuel pump and test drive the vehicle ( Doing a 200 KM drive tomorrow ) and then report back.
-If the issue persists replace the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor

During the pump replacement i noted the fuel filter was full of gunk( sorted that out) which might be a pointer to the pump issues .
Anyway i will report back tomorrow evening. Here is a print out.
Chaka
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2017 9:49:05 PM

geofreygachie wrote:

OBD II P0191
Fault Code Definition

- replace the fuel pump and test drive the vehicle ( Doing a 200 KM drive tomorrow ) and then report back.

During the pump replacement i noted the fuel filter was full of gunk( sorted that out) which might be a pointer to the pump issues .

I believe the fuel pump/filter are in the fuel tank?What was the cost like,ie parts and labour?I did a DIY job a while back to replace
fuel pump on Madam's mazda a while back and cost of an imported used pump was 3k..
geofreygachie
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2017 11:36:15 AM

Chaka wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:

OBD II P0191
Fault Code Definition

I believe the fuel pump/filter are in the fuel tank?What was the cost like,ie parts and labour?I did a DIY job a while back to replace
fuel pump on Madam's mazda a while back and cost of an imported used pump was 3k..

The total cost was 4k, 3000 for the pump and 1000 for diagnostics/labour.
The job entailed removal of seats to access the tank.
hardwood
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2017 9:54:04 PM

geofreygachie wrote:

OBD II P0191
Fault Code Definition

Update us on the car performance.
Impunity
#12 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 2:44:40 PM

geofreygachie wrote:

ISIS?

I still wonder why guys still buy that car.
Laughing out loudly
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

geofreygachie
#13 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 6:49:32 PM

hardwood wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:

OBD II P0191
Fault Code Definition

So far so good
hardwood
#14 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 7:27:55 PM

geofreygachie wrote:
hardwood wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:

OBD II P0191
Fault Code Definition

So far so good

I told you he is good. I Googled the error code and seems the guy nailed the problem 100%. Now i only want you to send me some 2 tuskers as a form of appreciationsmile .

https://autoservicecosts.com/obd2-codes/p0191/

https://www.yourmechanic...rmance-by-jamahl-walker

hardwood
#15 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 8:00:21 PM

Ryko wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:

Before "my friend" discovered the "good mechanic", the first mechanic he went to did the diagnosis and cleared the check engine light and said everything was ok. The light reappeared after 1km. The second mechanic also did the diagnosis and claimed that the cylinder head gasket was the problem and needed immediate replacement. A third mechanic recommended buying a new engine. When he got to the "good mechanic" he interpreted the error code as a failed fuel injector sensor. My friend bought another sensor for 500bob and paid 1k for the diagnosis and labour. And 3yrs later the engine is running like new. Just imaging if he had followed the earlier advice and changed the head gasket or bought a new engine? So in your case @ryko the problem could have been a minor one with the fuel system but the mechanics couldn't correctly interpret the codes and make the correct recommendation and repairs. Some of these things require the skill and experience of the mechanic to sort. Otherwise you might rush to Toyota Kenya and still not get the correct advice.
Chaka
#16 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 8:15:15 PM

hardwood wrote:
[quote=geofreygachie][quote=hardwood][quote=geofreygachie]I visited the Mech this afternoon and the diagnostics generated

OBD II P0191
Fault Code Definition

I told you he is good. I Googled the error code and seems the guy nailed the problem 100%. Now i only want you to send me some 2 tuskers as a form of appreciationsmile .

The OBD II reader gave the diagnosis,ie it was not that guy,so how can he be good?I would put it this way..he has a good OBD II reader..
hardwood
#17 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2017 7:57:47 PM

Chaka wrote:
hardwood wrote:
[quote=geofreygachie][quote=hardwood][quote=geofreygachie]I visited the Mech this afternoon and the diagnostics generated

OBD II P0191
Fault Code Definition

The OBD II reader gave the diagnosis,ie it was not that guy,so how can he be good?

Seriously how can you ask such a question? Any mechanic can hook their OBD II equipment to your engine and print out the error code. But not many know what to do regarding the error code (I am saying this from experience). That is why the originator of the thread was asking for a "reliable/good diagnostics guy", one who can correctly interpret the error code (ie P0191 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance) and make the correct recommendation to solve the problem. Otherwise he could have walked/driven to Grogon and asked the first mechanic he saw with an OBD II to sort him out. Generating the error code is only half the story, in fact only 1/8th of the story. You need a good mechanic, like my guy, to determine (from that info/data) which parts/systems are faulty (because the code doesn't scream that it is the fuel pump that is faulty, its for him to decipher that from the info) and take corrective action to ensure that your car is back to 100% performance.
mkenyan
#18 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2017 8:47:45 PM

hardwood wrote:
Chaka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

OBD II P0191
Fault Code Definition

The OBD II reader gave the diagnosis,ie it was not that guy,so how can he be good?

Seriously how can you ask such a question? Any mechanic can hook their OBD II equipment to your engine and print out the error code. But not many know what to do regarding the error code (I am saying this from experience). That is why the originator of the thread was asking for a "reliable/good diagnostics guy", one who can correctly interpret the error code (ie P0191 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance) and make the correct recommendation to solve the problem. Otherwise he could have walked/driven to Grogon and asked the first mechanic he saw with an OBD II to sort him out. Generating the error code is only half the story, in fact only 1/8th of the story. You need a good mechanic, like my guy, to determine (from that info/data) which parts/systems are faulty (because the code doesn't scream that it is the fuel pump that is faulty, its for him to decipher that from the info) and take corrective action to ensure that your car is back to 100% performance.

agree. and if it was trump he would have needed no machine to deal with it; just one tweet and the problem solved.
hardwood
#19 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 12:31:02 AM

mkenyan wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Chaka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

OBD II P0191
Fault Code Definition

agree. and if it was trump he would have needed no machine to deal with it; just one tweet and the problem solved.

Trump would have demanded that all Toyotas be made in the US and come with a lifetime warranty. Thus this would have been a non issue since the company would have sorted the matter a long time ago. #AmericaFirst #AmericansFirst #MAGA
mkenyan
#20 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 1:03:33 AM

hardwood wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Chaka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

OBD II P0191
Fault Code Definition

Trump would have demanded that all Toyotas be made in the US and come with a lifetime warranty. Thus this would have been a non issue since the company would have sorted the matter a long time ago. #AmericaFirst #AmericansFirst #MAGA

would that be before or after learning that this car is an isis?