wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Toyota Mark X vs. Nissan Skyline vs. Legacy Sedan
Vallerrie
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 9:03:28 AM

At the same price range which would you recommend? I'll appreciate reasons.
I'm leaning towards Skyline because its quite the looker but hubby is a Toyota guy and the Sub has some nice features too.
Help.
Swenani
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 9:37:44 AM

Vallerrie wrote:
I'm leaning towards Skyline because its quite the looker but hubby is a Toyota guy and the Sub has some nice features too.
Help.

Go for Subaru Outback 2.5
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
bennry
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 9:40:35 AM

Wachana na Mark X na Skyline
chemirocha
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 9:42:49 AM

Vallerrie wrote:
Help.

I have never heard the Nissan Skyline being called a good looking car. The interior plastics are cheap and the rear seating isn't the most comfortable.

Personally I would go for the non-turbo Subaru, on the basis of comfort, stability and reliability that equals the Toyota.
Vallerrie
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 11:06:31 AM

Swenani wrote:
Vallerrie wrote:
Help.

Sifiki bei ya hio Sad
Vallerrie
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 11:22:32 AM

chemirocha wrote:

I have never heard the Nissan Skyline being called a good looking car. The interior plastics are cheap and the rear seating isn't the most comfortable.

Personally I would go for the non-turbo Subaru, on the basis of comfort, stability and reliability that equals the Toyota.

Im such a girl then coz I find it soooo pretty. Look at her Drool

I appreciate your feedback, I was torn between Skyline or Sub and hubby is torn between Mark X or Sub.
Swenani
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 11:37:50 AM

Vallerrie wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Vallerrie wrote:
Help.

Sifiki bei ya hio Sad

The difference is less than 150K
Forester
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 01, 2017 9:44:48 AM

Go for the Subbie. Very reliable and never disappoints especially if you get the non-turbo version.It will take you places you've never been to before and lasts and lasts if you take good care of it. The Outback is however a better buy as said.
Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
Swenani
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 01, 2017 10:00:49 AM

Forester wrote:
Go for the Subbie. Very reliable and never disappoints especially if you get the non-turbo version.Swenani will take you places you've never been to before and lasts and lasts if you take good care of it. The Outback is however a better buy as said.

I feel like you are describing me
Ryko
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 01, 2017 10:16:51 AM

She want "looks" too.... you want her to choose quality. I have had this conversation with my bae before, i had a sub, it had served me well still new infact it had 58k millage. i rarely used it as i worked out of the country for months. She just wanted a mark x .."Looks mattered too". I sold my sub and let her get what her heart wanted.
Sub is a quality car...and many guys will always opt for it nowonder the advice.
Personally i would tell you. "Choose what makes you happy!!" You dont have to be in a sub and still envy a skyline or mark x flying past you. So long as you maintain it well na ushago si juu ya mlima ya red soil. if it makes you happy go for it, its better than being stuck in your a sub you dont like.
I doubt a sub will make you happy based on the chats above.

To date i thank God i left her to make her choice and buy what made her happy "a mark x" unlike if i would have forced her to get my sub. She loves her mark x, maintains it like a doll, and she has never had issues.
The next day i put that sub online, the first buyer snapped it on cash immediately...
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
Ngogoyo
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 01, 2017 3:44:08 PM

I have 2008 Sub not-turbo Legacy saloon.

Good car. I want to trade it with 2010 one. The 2010 one is just awesome. Stability, reliability, hardy is words i can use on Legacy saloon 2.5
Ngogoyo
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 01, 2017 3:48:03 PM

Ngogoyo wrote:

Good car. I want to trade it with 2010 one. The 2010 one is just awesome. Stability, reliability, hardy is words i can use on Legacy saloon 2.5

smile
Vallerrie
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 01, 2017 6:33:09 PM

Subaru wins! Much appreciated guys, asanteni sana
Coolbull
#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 01, 2017 9:59:28 PM

Ngogoyo wrote:

How is the consumption, km/l?

I have been eyeing Subarus but I have no information on consumption. Would it be advisable I start with a 1500cc Subaru and move up?
bird_man
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 01, 2017 10:32:17 PM

Coolbull wrote:
Ngogoyo wrote:

I have been eyeing Subarus but I have no information on consumption. Would it be advisable I start with a 1500cc Subaru and move up?

A 1500cc Impreza non turbo will consume as much as a 2000cc non turbo Legacy.
Not too sure of the 2010 Legacy...2500cc CVT engine.I suspect consumption is even better than the older Legacy or Impreza.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
chemirocha
#16 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2017 3:02:06 AM

bird_man wrote:
Coolbull wrote:
Ngogoyo wrote:

Not too sure of the 2010 Legacy...2500cc CVT engine.I suspect consumption is even better than the older Legacy or Impreza.

Ridiculous statement Shame on you Shame on you

You should factor your requirements when talking about fuel economy. If you're looking for a town car go for the 1.5, if you do mostly highway driving go for the added performance in the 2.0.
tnai9
#17 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2017 8:09:47 AM

chemirocha wrote:
bird_man wrote:
Coolbull wrote:
[quote=Ngogoyo]I have 2008 Sub not-turbo Legacy saloon.

I owned a subaru impreza 1.5cc AWD 2006 model for about 9 months, and that was the worst consumer I have ever had. It would consume as much as the legacy, if not more. I even went for diagnosis and nothing wrong was found. The car was also terribly under powered(1290kg being powered by a 1500cc engine). For a 400km trip, the subaru would require Ksh 4200 yet a corolla fielder consumed about Ksh 3200(same price/liter) with same driving habits
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ― Charles Bukowski
Swenani
#18 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2017 9:06:30 AM

chemirocha wrote:
bird_man wrote:
Coolbull wrote:
Ngogoyo wrote:

You should factor your requirements when talking about fuel economy. If you're looking for a town car go for the 1.5, if you do mostly highway driving go for the added performance in the 2.0.

It's true a 1500cc consumes as much as a forester
Swenani
#19 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2017 9:12:40 AM

tnai9 wrote:
chemirocha wrote:
bird_man wrote:
Coolbull wrote:

I owned a subaru impreza 1.5cc AWD 2006 model for about 9 months, and that was the worst consumer I have ever had. It would consume as much as the legacy, if not more. I even went for diagnosis and nothing wrong was found. The car was also terribly under powered(1290kg being powered by a 1500cc engine). For a 400km trip, the subaru would require Ksh 4200 yet a corolla fielder consumed about Ksh 3200(same price/liter) with same driving habits

Did you factor in your driving habits?

On powering, I thin it's more to do with the service parts. Courtesy of the kinungi hill, I have seen 1500cc doing much better than a prado on that climb
Ryko
#20 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2017 9:48:40 AM

Swenani wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
chemirocha wrote:
bird_man wrote:
Coolbull wrote:

Did you factor in your driving habits?

On powering, I thin it's more to do with the service parts. Courtesy of the kinungi hill, I have seen 1500cc doing much better than a prado on that climb

Lyk seriously, a Subaru does the Kinungi hill better than a prado? I owned a subaru and the only hill i used to go was the Kinungi & salgaa. I always pressed the power button on those hills but i would see Prados flying past me. I think Subarus at times are over-estimated... They are good on hills but i doubt they can beat a prado.
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work