wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<1234>»
Mall Owners Rush to Get Out of the Mall Business
MaichBlack
#21 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 4:20:02 PM

I guess then the people who to the malls don't have their security guaranteed because they don't pay parking fee.

And some places (near busy towns/places/CBDs etc.) - like All saints, charge parking fee to dissuade people who have nothing to do with the church from parking there (because it is free) and leaving worshippers with nowhere to park!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Swenani
#22 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 4:27:19 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
I guess then the people who to the malls don't have their security guaranteed because they don't pay parking fee.

And some places (near busy towns/places/CBDs etc.) - like All saints, charge parking fee to dissuade people who have nothing to do with the church from parking there (because it is free) and leaving worshippers with nowhere to park!!!

What's your argument? That malls parking should be free for people who have nothing to do? Why can't it be that malls are also trying to dissuade people who are not shopping from using the parking?

If you are surely going to spend 10K shopping which will take you more than 20 minutes, why not pay 50bob for parking? I believe with 5k you should be in and out of a supermarket in less than 10 minutes.
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Chaka
#23 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 6:06:24 PM

Swenani wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ridgeways mall charging for parking. Wonder why since there is nothing really to keep someone busy at Ridgeways to the extent of paying for parking.

Noted the same at Greenspan mall. Why pay for parking when the same services / goods are available at arms length at Shujaa Mall and K-Mall? Not to mention 2 nearby Naivas supermarkets

Kwani how long does shopping take, I understand parking for 0-20 minute is free, and 20 mins-2hrs is a mere 50 bob. So if you cannot afford the 50bob parking, you shouldn't be shopping there in the first instance.

It is not about money @Swenani. Think outside the box. If you come to my house and I charge you 20 bob to use the washroom, you will complain (even if it is not to me) yet 20 bob is nothing to you!!!

Yes, It is not about the money, it is about the security.They are not trying to make money from you.

Really?I believe these places have signages indicating that "the car is parked at the owner's risk...."
mkenyan
#24 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 7:17:00 PM

Swenani wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ridgeways mall charging for parking. Wonder why since there is nothing really to keep someone busy at Ridgeways to the extent of paying for parking.

Noted the same at Greenspan mall. Why pay for parking when the same services / goods are available at arms length at Shujaa Mall and K-Mall? Not to mention 2 nearby Naivas supermarkets

Kwani how long does shopping take, I understand parking for 0-20 minute is free, and 20 mins-2hrs is a mere 50 bob. So if you cannot afford the 50bob parking, you shouldn't be shopping there in the first instance.

It is not about money @Swenani. Think outside the box. If you come to my house and I charge you 20 bob to use the washroom, you will complain (even if it is not to me) yet 20 bob is nothing to you!!!

Yes, It is not about the money, it is about the security.They are not trying to make money from you.

Would you argue that All saints cathedral started charging people who use their parking due to reduced offerings and tithing? Why is JKIA parking not free?Why do you feel okay payng for parking at JKIA adn cathredal and complain about malls doing the same?

The thing is, they are trying to secure your car, no one can drive off with your car unless they have the parking ticket.

Since the exit and entry gates are manned by clerks and they cost money to install and maintain, you have to pay for it. Why would the church or any other mall incur costs to secure your vehicle?

Most of the metered parking I know start charging after 20 minutes and the amounts are reasonable.

If you are indeed shopping, 1 hr should be enough anything above that is for somebody looking for free but secure parking!

those are ok. in fact even ones like yaya that charges if you leave in the first five minutes but dont change if you stay beyond that but before 30 i think (probably to deter swenani from passing through to avoid jams) are okay. problem with those that charge even if you stay for 10-20 minutes. end of the day they keep away customers if their are alternative. for example one would most likely go do quick shopping at yaya and not prestige due to the fact that prestige would charge them while yaya wont.
ibsi
#25 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2017 9:25:19 PM

I agree totally on parking fees for security purposes
Trust in God and endure patiently.
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#26 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2017 8:40:58 AM

time based parking fees are a must are are good so that @impunity's half brother doesnot come and park his vitz there and come for it the next day
Rahatupu
#27 Posted : Sunday, February 05, 2017 3:21:16 PM

ibsi wrote:

@swenani I object about the security of vehicles parked at malls. The token or ticket is not linked to your vehicle. I can get myself a ticket with my jalopy and drive off with your SUV!
mkenyan
#28 Posted : Sunday, February 05, 2017 5:22:43 PM

Rahatupu wrote:
ibsi wrote:

@swenani I object about the security of vehicles parked at malls. The token or ticket is not linked to your vehicle. I can get myself a ticket with my jalopy and drive off with your SUV!

at least junction, prestige and junction are linked to the vehicle. they capture the registration number as the car gets in and check again as it gets out. for yaya you don't even need to insert the card in as you exit. it reads the car's registration number and clears the exit only if it confirms you have paid for the parking.
kaimbaga2012
#29 Posted : Sunday, February 05, 2017 6:26:11 PM

Rahatupu wrote:
ibsi wrote:

And then how will you drive off your Jalopy. You will be the 1st suspect for the loss of the SUV
Rahatupu
#30 Posted : Sunday, February 05, 2017 6:46:37 PM

There's no connection btwn owner of jalopy (intended for theft) and the jalopy itself.....I mean the drivers are faceless in the mall security systems.
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#31 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2017 9:40:55 AM

ati "
Mall Owners Rush to Get Out of the Mall Business " ??????? seriously who doesnot want this money.

http://www.businessdaily.../539550-3803892-mde75xz/
Swenani
#32 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2017 9:47:13 AM

Rahatupu wrote:
There's no connection btwn owner of jalopy (intended for theft) and the jalopy itself.....I mean the drivers are faceless in the mall security systems.

Once I have the registration number of the Jalopy, I can put a face, contact details of the owner/driver of the Jalopy
sparkly
#33 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 7:14:32 PM

What KAPS tickets tell us about malls
Life is short. Live passionately.
wukan
#34 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2017 11:34:30 AM

The stupidity of building cities for cars instead of cities for people.

Quote:
Nairobi is a city built for car owners who can reach 90 per cent of the workplaces within an hour on average, a new report by the World Bank Group suggests. This is unlike commuters using public service vehicles who spend the same time to access 20 per cent of the jobs.

However, only 13 per cent of trips to work in the Kenyan capital are by cars, according to the study. Privately owned matatus account for 28 per cent of the journeys, while 41 per cent of the residents walk to work.

The Africa’s Cities: Opening Doors report states Nairobi’s traffic congestion, which is caused by a deficient transportation infrastructure, is crippling the economy.

http://www.the-star.co.k...orld-bank-study_c1504393
Chaka
#35 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2017 1:22:52 PM

Nice read..
Pesa Nane
#36 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 11:28:22 AM

Swenani wrote:

Yes, It is not about the money, it is about the security.They are not trying to make money from you....

So much for payment = security fallacy

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
hardwood
#37 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 12:08:39 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Yes, It is not about the money, it is about the security.They are not trying to make money from you....

In all parkings, I normally see this sign. You pay for parking, not security.

Lolest!
#38 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 12:30:48 PM

Parking fees is to discourage hogging of space by non shoppers

Uber/Little/Mondo drivers can use space without any returns while discouraging shoppers as space will mostly be full
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Swenani
#39 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 3:43:28 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
Swenani wrote:

The security we are talking about is where one drives away with your car not for break ins
Pesa Nane
#40 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2017 8:09:47 AM

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.