wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

15 Pages«<45678>»
Weekly debates by an Atheist
#101 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 1:34:34 PM

Monday Sermon by a Christian 01

Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you; don’t be distressed, for I am your God. I give you strength, I give you help, I support you with my victorious right hand.
Isaiah 41:15 “See, I will make you into a threshing sledge, new and sharp, with many teeth.
You will thresh the mountains and crush them,and reduce the hills to chaff.

Question: Do you think life would be fun and interesting if everyone got whatever they desire?

If everyone would get whatever they desire whenever they desire it, life would lose meaning. So embrace your hardships as they will educate you, strengthen you, build you and you will discover your God given purpose; and you will be unshakable in your purpose because not only will you have God backing you but also indisputable experience.

BBI will solve it
:)
masukuma
#102 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 1:42:44 PM

2012 wrote:
Sunday Sermon by a Christian

Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you; don’t be distressed, for I am your God. I give you strength, I give you help, I support you with my victorious right hand.
Isaiah 41:15 “See, I will make you into a threshing sledge, new and sharp, with many teeth.

Question: Do you think life would be fun and interesting if everyone got whatever they desire?

If everyone would get whatever they desire whenever they desire it, life would lose meaning. So embrace your hardships as they will educate you, strengthen you, build you and you will discover your God given purpose; and you will be unshakable in your purpose because not only will you have God backing you but also indisputable experience.

they have tried...

Quote:
She does not understand why – is it the wine? No. What is it then, what is the reason? And soon it does not matter, soon the why and the reason are gone, and all that matters is the feeling itself. This is the nature of the universe. We struggle against it, we fight to deny it, but it is of course pretense, it is a lie. Beneath our poised appearance, the truth is we are completely out of control. Causality. There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it.

All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
hamburglar
#103 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 8:25:17 PM

2012 wrote:

Ummmmm. Actually life would be super super super amazing if people could get everything they desired. Why not?

I don't understand why you want people to go through hardships when you say your god can give everybody what they desire. Am sure the guy in Mathare would like to have a warm house to come home to, why not? The guy who works mjengo would like to own his own business, the sick person would like to be well and be cured and on and on.

If your god can give us all our hearts desires, who cares if life would be fun or not, at least people would not have to suffer and that is all that would matter. We would all be happy and the essence of life is being happy and content. Everything else is secondary.
Enuma Elish
#104 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 11:19:10 AM

hamburglar wrote:
JOSHUA 6:21-27 Under God’s direction, Joshua destroyed the entire city of Jericho…men, women, teenagers and infants…with the edge of the sword. The soldiers then pillaged the silver, gold, bronze and iron for God and burned the city.

JOSHUA 7:19-26 Achan took a robe and some money from the plunder. Joshua and the Israelites took Achan, the loot, his sons, daughters, cattle, donkeys , sheep and possessions to the Valley of Achor, where all were stoned and burned.

JOSHUA 8:22-25 God helped Joshua battle and slaughter 12,000 men and women in the city of Ai. None escaped.

JOSHUA 10:10-27 God helped Joshua slaughter the Gibeonites.

JOSHUA 10;28 With God’s approval, Joshua put the city of Makkedah" to the sword and totally destroyed everyone in it. He left no survivors."

JOSHUA 10:30 The Lord gave the city of Libnah to Joshua. Everyone in the city was "put to the sword."

JOSHUA 10:32-33 God gave his approval as Joshua killed every man, woman and child in Lachish with the sword.

JOSHUA 10:34-35 Everyone in the city of Eglon was killed by the sword of Joshua and his army.

JOSHUA 10:36-37 God approved as Joshua killed the king of Hebron, its villages and every citizen. "They left no survivors."

JOSHUA 10:38-39 Joshua took Israel’s army to attack Debir. They killed everyone.

JOSHUA 11:6 God commanded Joshua to defeat the enemy at the Waters of Merom. "You are to hamstring their horses and burn their chariots."

JOSHUA 11:8-15 Joshua’s army, under God’s command, did not spare "anyone that breathed."

JOSHUA 11:20 "For it was the LORD himself who hardened their hearts to wage war against Israel, so that he might destroy them totally, exterminating them without mercy, as the LORD had commanded Moses

These guys were worse than ISIS. That Israeli god was one blood-thirsty dude.
Enuma Elish
#105 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 11:29:57 AM

Ja-Kom wrote:
Enuma Elish wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
@hamburglar, God murdered 50,070 for looking into a box d'oh! d'oh!

1 Samuel 6:19 (KJV)

19 And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the Lord, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the Lord had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

Now you see Allah is the most disgusting god ever to be imagined.

Silly me. Up till now, I always thought that Allah=Eloha=Jehova 🙄

No...the god they worship is different from ours....

Then the Angel Gabriel is to blame, I suppose. That double-dealing turncoat. Serving Jehovah on the one side, and with one sleight of the hand defecting to Allah.
#106 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 1:07:10 PM

hamburglar wrote:
2012 wrote:

Ummmmm. Actually life would be super super super amazing if people could get everything they desired. Why not?

I don't understand why you want people to go through hardships when you say your god can give everybody what they desire. Am sure the guy in Mathare would like to have a warm house to come home to, why not? The guy who works mjengo would like to own his own business, the sick person would like to be well and be cured and on and on.

If your god can give us all our hearts desires, who cares if life would be fun or not, at least people would not have to suffer and that is all that would matter. We would all be happy and the essence of life is being happy and content. Everything else is secondary.

Everything would lose value, even life. Why would you need anything or anybody if you can command and have anything you want? If you command for 50kg of gold, I command for 100kg yet it is all useless since whomever I want to give it to can do the same. All will be vanity.

If God gave you all the desires of your heart, what would be your use in this world?

What is happiness yet even billionaires are not happy? Read on Steve Jobs and you'll realise that happiness is not in possessions.

BBI will solve it
hamburglar
#107 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 2:06:04 PM

2012 wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
2012 wrote:

Everything would lose value, even life. Why would you need anything or anybody if you can command and have anything you want? If you command for 50kg of gold, I command for 100kg yet it is all useless since whomever I want to give it to can do the same. All will be vanity.

If God gave you all the desires of your heart, what would be your use in this world?

What is happiness yet even billionaires are not happy? Read on Steve Jobs and you'll realise that happiness is not in possessions.

So you prefer people to suffer and struggle because if they got what they desired then life would have no meaning? To you, suffering is what gives life meaning? Your reasoning is profoundly warped.
masukuma
#108 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 2:26:08 PM

2012 wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
2012 wrote:

really? let me give you some characteristics of a place
1) no more suffering?
2) no more death and tears?
3) no more hunger?
4) what about streets of gold? Laughing out loudly

does that sound like a certain place that is advertised?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
#109 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 2:27:23 PM

hamburglar wrote:
2012 wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
2012 wrote:

So you prefer people to suffer and struggle because if they got what they desired then life would have no meaning? To you, suffering is what gives life meaning? Your reasoning is profoundly warped.

I prefer people discover why they are here, their purpose for being.
Even you have to admit that the earth is too perfect to just have happened to exist just like that. How does food grow in soil? What is soil? How do we have enough water and food yet we consume tonnes in a day, how is it that the materials for us to create anything you know just happened to exist? How does the heart beat for years without charging yet our phones can't? How is the earth just positioned perfectly in the solar system for us to exist? These are too perfect to just just happen, do you ever wonder sometimes?

BBI will solve it
hamburglar
#110 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 3:25:23 PM

masukuma wrote:
2012 wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
2012 wrote:

really? let me give you some characteristics of a place
1) no more suffering?
2) no more death and tears?
3) no more hunger?
4) what about streets of gold? Laughing out loudly

does that sound like a certain place that is advertised?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
hamburglar
#111 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 3:31:52 PM

2012 wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
2012 wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
2012 wrote:

Even you have to admit that the earth is too perfect to just have happened to exist just like that. How does food grow in soil? What is soil? How do we have enough water and food yet we consume tonnes in a day, how is it that the materials for us to create anything you know just happened to exist? How does the heart beat for years without charging yet our phones can't? How is the earth just positioned perfectly in the solar system for us to exist? These are too perfect to just just happen, do you ever wonder sometimes?

Who cares about all that? That child that is starving almost to death does not care about all that, he just wants a meal. He has no time to discover how food grows in soil or how and why the heart beats. Maybe someday if he ever gets what he DESIRES in life then he might be able to study the soil and all that other stuff you have listed up there.
AlphDoti
#112 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 4:08:41 PM

hamburglar wrote:
2012 wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
2012 wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
2012 wrote:

Who cares about all that? That child that is starving almost to death does not care about all that, he just wants a meal. He has no time to discover how food grows in soil or how and why the heart beats. Maybe someday if he ever gets what he DESIRES in life then he might be able to study the soil and all that other stuff you have listed up there.

Again and again you fall back to examples of failed parenting, failed upbringing. You saying you do not want to have children coz you want to afford going to drink coffee means you are worried you may loose that if a child comes along... Your example is a wrong example... Also those who get children they cannot provide for does not make it wrong for others to have children they can provide for...

Mother nature gives alot of opportunities for you and me to grow food. Enough sunlight to tap energy for our survival, more than enough in fact... But if one becomes lazy, do not blame mother nature for it... It is perfectly more than what we can consume...

So, get out of unfortunate up bringing that you went through and open your eyes and embrace the balanced world....
#113 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 4:52:11 PM

hamburglar wrote:
2012 wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
2012 wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
2012 wrote:

Great question. Now that you know of a starving child who at the moment cares about nothing but food, what are you doing about it?

BBI will solve it
hamburglar
#114 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 11:38:38 PM

2012 wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
2012 wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
2012 wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
2012 wrote:

Great question. Now that you know of a starving child who at the moment cares about nothing but food, what are you doing about it?

I am not god. I can only do so much to help but your god can apparently end starvation with a snap of his fingers. Why is he not doing it? Does he enjoy seeing kids starve and yet he can help them with just one snap? Is he that callous or could it be that maybe, just maybe he does not exist?
#115 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 6:39:39 AM

hamburglar wrote:
2012 wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
2012 wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
2012 wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
2012 wrote:

I am not god. I can only do so much to help but your god can apparently end starvation with a snap of his fingers. Why is he not doing it? Does he enjoy seeing kids starve and yet he can help them with just one snap? Is he that callous or could it be that maybe, just maybe he does not exist?

We humans want everything to be perfect according to our will. And I understand you. But what we fail to see is that God has given us everything. A kid is starving in Turkana while another one is throwing away food in Nairobi. People are starving in one country while the US throws away tons of food everyday. Did you know that Kenya gets above normal rainfall every year? It is easier to blame God for our problems. A road or plane accident kills people, we ask God why yet we manufactured the vehicles, we lack rain and blame God yet He has clearly shown us in the Bible through the story of Joseph what we need to do. God is an easy target for us to blame and that's where the devil draws his joy. When you think about it, there's nothing God has not given us including knowledge and wisdom that we only use for our own,individual, selfish benefits. Jesus told us clearly what we need to do to avoid all these suffering, 'love your neighbour as you love yourself'.

BBI will solve it
AlphDoti
#116 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 11:41:38 AM

@ham, you keep bringing the issue of starving children... Are we not supposed to use the natural resources to grow food to feed our children? What are the hands and legs for if you want to beg for mana from heaven, or they are just for going to the restaurants for coffee? If you were not meant to work, then you won't be having limbs... the food grow by itself and get into the mouth by itself...

Because the creator already ordered us to go after rizq (riziki, bounty, wealth):

And when the prayer has been concluded, disperse within the land and seek from the bounty of Allah, and remember Allah often that you may succeed. [Quran, 62:10]
hamburglar
#117 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 4:23:15 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
@ham, you keep bringing the issue of starving children... Are we not supposed to use the natural resources to grow food to feed our children? What are the hands and legs for if you want to beg for mana from heaven, or they are just for going to the restaurants for coffee? If you were not meant to work, then you won't be having limbs... the food grow by itself and get into the mouth by itself...

Because the creator already ordered us to go after rizq (riziki, bounty, wealth):

And when the prayer has been concluded, disperse within the land and seek from the bounty of Allah, and remember Allah often that you may succeed. [Quran, 62:10]

You are assuming that everybody is equal. Some people were handed a terrible hand in life and it's not that easy for them to go out and get this rizq you are talking about.

These people that are starving to death are not doing so because they are lazy and don't want to use their limbs like you are insuniating.

Things are a little more complex in this world than you think. Never ever say to a starving person that they should not be starving because they have limbs. You don't know their circumstances. Be careful how you interpret other people's misfortunes.
AlphDoti
#118 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 5:44:56 PM

hamburglar wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:

You are assuming that everybody is equal. Some people were handed a terrible hand in life and it's not that easy for them to go out and get this rizq you are talking about.

These people that are starving to death are not doing so because they are lazy and don't want to use their limbs like you are insuniating.

Things are a little more complex in this world than you think. Never ever say to a starving person that they should not be starving because they have limbs. You don't know their circumstances. Be careful how you interpret other people's misfortunes.

Exactly!!! You've been careless all along about other people's misfortunes in your ranting...

I'm glad you're realizing that things are a little more complex in this world than you think.
hamburglar
#119 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 6:40:43 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:

Exactly!!! You've been careless all along about other people's misfortunes in your ranting...

I'm glad you're realizing that things are a little more complex in this world than you think.

There is a difference between speaking in jest and serious talk. You need to distinguish between the two in my posts. I jest a lot and sometimes my humor is dark but I also post real life issues that are every so often controversial. Some people here do understand my sarcasm. (masukuma)

I criticize and pour scorn on religions and gods but I am a firm defender of the less fortunate in society and especially disadvantaged children. I know better than to revel in other people's misfortunes.

But let's not focus the attention on me. It's not about me, it's about religions, gods and Bible verses. Let's discuss that and not what I say or allegedly said.
AlphDoti
#120 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 8:04:01 PM

@ham, thank you. Let us focus this thread to the sermons. Looking forward to next one and hoping to have response from our pastor bros here to explain to us the moral behind...