wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

15 Pages«<34567>»
Weekly debates by an Atheist
tycho
#81 Posted : Monday, February 06, 2017 6:16:45 AM

I think this belongs here!

http://www.if.pwr.wroc.p.../20110916_Trondheim.pdf

I consider this to be the only way out of blind humanism and dogmatic 'religion'. Then when understood any myth of course can be validated.
tycho
#82 Posted : Monday, February 06, 2017 7:38:36 AM

There's great consolation in realizing that for every thought I feel I have discovered, there's a history of people who'd worked on it earlier...

The heritage of thought and ideas alas, isn't something to trifle with, though I'm guilty perhaps, of being the biggest trifler.

For example, when we quote the scriptures in a way that simply seeks to glorify our ideological positions now and perhaps ridicule the works of others past, we should pose and find out what exactly is at stake. In this case simply trashing the old or showing that 'God blah blah' may in fact be repudiating a key atheistic element that humans can solve most if not all of their issues through means accessible to them.

So for an atheist the Scriptures should be more of how humans have resolved their problems through appeal to God; even through creating or postulating him as an arbiter of reality.

But being an atheist isn't necessarily being a thinker... it may just be of mindless factions, and a thread such as this merely an empty boast.
Lolest!
#83 Posted : Monday, February 06, 2017 10:05:12 AM

hamburglar wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Much Know wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Much Know wrote:
Thou shall not kill, God has never ever killed, literature is not just easily understood by everybody but if you are old enough to log into wazua, you should know enough about the philosophy of God to "know" that God does not kill, hata by std 3 CRE knowledge one should know and shouldn't argue about God killing e.t.c. Poor literary and language skills! Very poor! Sad But even one of the biggest loudmouths in Kenya only got C- in CRE.

Even when the athiest blames God for murder, the atheist "does not" believe in "god" and therefore is only taunting you, he too knows very well that if the people in sodom were burnt, it was actually by "nature" and not God. Even the "god" of atheist can't kill!

As per the Bible also, God does not kill, beings kill themselves and each other all the way from the beggining. Language is a challenge for most, but God HIMSELF wrote "Thou shall not kill" with his own handwriting, and we have no other such physical evidence of God's communication, except "inspired" writings, by Moses, the Key witness to this handwritten note from God, and other inspired writtings, these are NOT by God. Understand the difference between God's laws and Moses laws, is essential to understanding the entire bible. Jesus is a "replica" of God and also did not kill at all or promote killing in any way, indeed he was killed, that says what people who think they are "more intelligent" than God, would eventually do to God if they met him, they would immediately try to KILL HIM! They can't stand God!

In philosophy, the applications for the notion of God,s runs across every sector, from "Acts of God" in business, to God's knowledge in science, to God's hand in economics. You cannot find a word or language to replace real and existing concepts just to satisfy some gays, the US public schools system tried and it failed. IT is necessary in science, languages, history, e.t.c. IF you've never come across these concepts hauna phd, na haujasoma sana, that's an idiot who don't know the difference between capital G and small g, is a real idiot in life for sure. Even many atheist use God.

Incase you haven't noticed, am just quoting Bible verses verbatim. I am only sharing scripture for my saved brothers and sisters to enjoy and to be uplifted, aren't you supposed to say amen instead? Mimi sija comment anywhere, ni sermons tu directly from the Bible.

The Bible says something about the one with no sin casting the first stone, or some shit like that, and wewe you've already stoned me almost to death. Lol. Alafu matusi tena ni ya nini sasa? Can't we for once just fellowship without any drama? Would your father in heaven approve of the derogatory names you've called me? Hehehehe.

You people amuse me. When I share my atheism ni matusi, when I share Bible verses on Sunday, matusi again. Sasa munataka nifanye nini? 😉

There also some other "religious" people on thread saying/arguing God kills! Matusi not just directed at you, but will reduce it! Otherwise, keep the sermons coming, can't wait for Sunday.

That's the spirit. Sunday sermon will be lit, we shall be doing a two for one with my favorite book Leviticus on the plate. Am planning on inviting a choir to sing in the background as I share the scripture. We shall even drink that ka wine you guys drink in church. Can't wait.

We are still waiting for a sermon

What we have is quotes from passages you think are controversial

Am feeling lazy and don't feel like preaching this morning. Maybe next Sunday.

Controversial is such a nice way to describe those verses. I know you are still living in denial but sometimes it's OK to call a spade a spade. Keep it real. Those verses are shockingly scary.

So you suppose we've never seen them?
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
AlphDoti
#84 Posted : Monday, February 06, 2017 1:12:29 PM

hamburglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Today we look at the books of Leviticus and Numbers. Happy Sunday all. Read and weep.

LEVITICUS 26:7-8 God rewarded obedience with assurances that enemies would all die by the sword.

LEVITICUS 26:22 God warned that, if the people didn’t listen to Him, he would send wild animals to rob parents of their children, destroy cattle and leave the roads deserted.

LEVITICUS 26:27-29 God threatened hostility, punishing people for their sins "seven times over," making them eat the flesh of their sons and daughters.

Numbers
NUMBERS 12:9-14 God was displeased with Miriam, so he struck her with leprosy and banished her from the camp for seven days.

NUMBERS 15:32-36 A man gathered sticks for a fire on the Sabbath. By God’s command, he was stoned to death.

NUMBERS 16:27-33 The men were rebellious, so God caused the earth to open and swallow up the men, wives and children.

NUMBERS 16:35 A fire from God killed 250 men.

NUMBER 16:48 A plague from God killed 14,700

NUMBERS 21:3 The Lord gave the Canaanites over to Israel, who "completely destroyed them and their towns."

NUMBERS 21:6 God sent venomous snakes, which bit and killed many Israelites.

NUMBERS 21:35 With God’s approval, the Israelites went into the city of Og, killed the king, his sons, the army (leaving no survivors) and took over the land.

NUMBERS 25:4 God told Moses to kill the leaders of Shittim and expose their bodies in broad daylight.

NUMBERS 25:8 Phinehas, son of Aaron the priest, killed an Israelite man and Midianite woman with a spear, plunging the spear "into the woman’s body."

NUMBERS 25:9 A plague from God killed 24,000.

NUMBERS 31:9 Under God’s command, the Israelites captured the Midianite women and children, and "they took all the plunder and spoils."

NUMBERS 31:17-18 God commanded Moses to kill all of the male Midianite children and "kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man." The virgins were presumably raped. (NOTE: How could the soldiers know which women were virgins?)

NUMBERS 31:31-40 God divided the plunder to the soldiers, the priest, the Israelites and for tribute to the Lord. 675,000 sheep, 72,000 cattle, 61,000 donkeys and 32,000 virgin women.

i think it would be more useful to just share the RINK

No. That would take away all the fun from my Sunday mornings. I need to go book by book, most people won't click on the link if I put it up. Enjoy the verses wewe maspinach na uwache story za rink. Lol.

@ham, go on. Do not be discouraged. Bit by bit is good. It will be here for reference.
Much Know
#85 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2017 9:54:12 AM

The sole objective of these "sermons" is to "raise" and make you laugh at poor people on the streets from a restaurant because you have 60Kusd, useless garbage, sorry i participated,!
A New Kenya
hamburglar
#86 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2017 5:50:25 PM

Much Know wrote:
The sole objective of these "sermons" is to "raise" and make you laugh at poor people on the streets from a restaurant because you have 60Kusd, useless garbage, sorry i participated,!

Just read the verses and stop attacking the messenger. Am not the one who wrote the Bible.

Midweek Deuteronomy. Enjoy.

DEUTERONOMY 2:33-34 Under God’s leadership, the Israelites utterly destroyed the men, women and children of Sihon. "…we left no survivors."

DEUTERONOMY 3:6 Under God’s leadership, the Israelites destroyed the men, women and children of Og. They plundered the livestock and possessions.

DEUTERONOMY 7:2 God told the Israelites, regarding their enemies, to "destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy."

DEUTERONOMY 20:13-14 God laid down the rules for battle, instructing the slaughter of all of the men. Women, children, livestock and possessions could be taken as "plunder for yourselves."

DEUTERONOMY 20:16 "…in the cities of the nations the LORD your god is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes."

DEUTERONOMY 21:10-13 According to God’s law, if an Israelite soldier was at war with an enemy, and he saw a beautiful woman that he found attractive, he could capture her to be his wife. She must then shave her head, trim her nails and discard the clothing she was wearing when captured. She could mourn her father and mother for a month. If the soldier wasn’t pleased with her for any reason, he could "let her go wherever she wishes."

DEUTERONOMY 28:53 God’s punishment for disobedience included eating "the fruit of the womb, the flesh of the sons and daughters the LORD your God has given you."
tycho
#87 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2017 10:43:27 AM

If God doesn't kill, then what causes death?

Is war necessary? How can we justify our killings?

Maybe to explore the latter question, how is death justified nowadays especially be nation states?

How do comparisons on how death is justified even in contemporary times show how religion has changed?

tycho
#88 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2017 4:21:43 PM

The Scriptures are schizophrenic.

#89 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2017 9:55:35 PM

tycho wrote:

Maybe to explore the latter question, how is death justified nowadays especially be nation states?

How do comparisons on how death is justified even in contemporary times show how religion has changed?

Everybody must pass on from this world. There's no exception. Doctors, good diet etc can only prolong the inevitable but it will happen. So make your peace and be good with your creator, whomever that is to you....

BBI will solve it
:)
tycho
#90 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2017 10:42:27 PM

2012 wrote:
tycho wrote:

Everybody must pass on from this world. There's no exception. Doctors, good diet etc can only prolong the inevitable but it will happen. So make your peace and be good with your creator, whomever that is to you....

If there's no choice, why is it necessary to tell me 'to make my peace'? If death was necessary why speak about after all?

Maybe death is a fiction specific to certain world views.
hamburglar
#91 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 1:19:41 PM

JOSHUA 6:21-27 Under God’s direction, Joshua destroyed the entire city of Jericho…men, women, teenagers and infants…with the edge of the sword. The soldiers then pillaged the silver, gold, bronze and iron for God and burned the city.

JOSHUA 7:19-26 Achan took a robe and some money from the plunder. Joshua and the Israelites took Achan, the loot, his sons, daughters, cattle, donkeys , sheep and possessions to the Valley of Achor, where all were stoned and burned.

JOSHUA 8:22-25 God helped Joshua battle and slaughter 12,000 men and women in the city of Ai. None escaped.

JOSHUA 10:10-27 God helped Joshua slaughter the Gibeonites.

JOSHUA 10;28 With God’s approval, Joshua put the city of Makkedah" to the sword and totally destroyed everyone in it. He left no survivors."

JOSHUA 10:30 The Lord gave the city of Libnah to Joshua. Everyone in the city was "put to the sword."

JOSHUA 10:32-33 God gave his approval as Joshua killed every man, woman and child in Lachish with the sword.

JOSHUA 10:34-35 Everyone in the city of Eglon was killed by the sword of Joshua and his army.

JOSHUA 10:36-37 God approved as Joshua killed the king of Hebron, its villages and every citizen. "They left no survivors."

JOSHUA 10:38-39 Joshua took Israel’s army to attack Debir. They killed everyone.

JOSHUA 11:6 God commanded Joshua to defeat the enemy at the Waters of Merom. "You are to hamstring their horses and burn their chariots."

JOSHUA 11:8-15 Joshua’s army, under God’s command, did not spare "anyone that breathed."

JOSHUA 11:20 "For it was the LORD himself who hardened their hearts to wage war against Israel, so that he might destroy them totally, exterminating them without mercy, as the LORD had commanded Moses
Invepreneur
#92 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 6:05:25 PM

God On Trial... here are the jews questioning God.
The hot stock is the one that everyone thinks that everyone else thinks....is the hot stock (Dixit & Nalebuff, 2008).
hamburglar
#93 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2017 12:24:17 PM

Let me rant a little bit about religions, gods and priests on this glorious Monday afternoon.

This past Saturday I attended a funeral service for a distant relative. The church service was to start at 11 and end at 1 according to the program so that we could all be at the funeral site at around 2 and be done at 4ish so that people who had travelled from upcountry could have a chance to travel back before darkness hit.

Anywho, we go to some Catholic Church for the service. Everything is going as per schedule. Body arrives at the church at exactly 11 and the service kicks up.

Eulogies are read and a few hymns are sung until the father or priest or whatever that guy in a maroon robe is called gets up and starts his unsolicited church service. The guy goes on and on, lighting up those stinky candles, ringing bells and speaking in some weird tone, giving people sacrament essentially turning what was supposed to be a 2 hour maximum funeral service into a full church service and not even caring if there are people in there that don't subscribe to Catholicism.

But that's not even the biggest problem, the most shocking part is that this church service that he decided to conduct without caring what the program said lasted until past 3 pm.

People were supposed to leave at 1 but after the body was put back in the hearse and folks got in their cars to start the journey to the burial site, it past 4 pm or thereabout. So everybody in the convoy had to speed up so as to make up for lost time and in the back off our minds knowing very well t that the guy who we are going to bury died in a car wreck which was attributed to speeding.

We get there and we have to haul ass and bury this guy so fast and a little bit unceremoniously so that people who had travelled from far could at least catch up on time.

Some people ended up leaving at 7 in darkness and worried that they were travelling far on these treacherous Kenyan roads at night in a car with kids.

Now, somebody tell me, is it that these religious people have no regard for anybody or does religion really dumb down some of these people? Does that father and by extension all the other priests in that church have no common sense? Was conducting that church service really that necessary? Did he think for one second that maybe he was putting people's lives in danger with his unneccesary service?

People think am an asshole for speaking against religions and imaginary gods, but some things really don't make any sense.
Tokyo
#94 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 9:35:19 AM

Weird and irritating when some religious folks spend their precious time "lecturing " you how their father's paradise wherever is paved with diamond and decorated in gold kama gari ya Sonko.
work to prosper
tycho
#95 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 11:38:47 AM

At last a sermon. I like it.

Should a religious ritual be designed to accomodate people who may be there because they have been obliged for some reason?

Does it matter if that special case is one, two or half of the people under consideration?

This priest, did he have an alternative, that could abbreviate the ritual? Did he deliberately and unthinkingly, choose the longer one?

What order of values does the atheist have and how does it differ from the priests?

Can you see what ties hamburglar to the priest?

When inhaling, breath in a thick cloud of black sooty smoggy air. When exhaling breath out rivers of blue. Flowing out gently into the ocean that covers you.

That's how another atheist would preach.
#96 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 11:54:38 AM

tycho wrote:
2012 wrote:
tycho wrote:

If there's no choice, why is it necessary to tell me 'to make my peace'? If death was necessary why speak about after all?

So death could be fake?

BBI will solve it
:)
hamburglar
#97 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2017 9:19:53 AM

Here is some judges for you. Judge for yourselves. Happy Sunday.

JUDGES 1:4 God gave the Canaanites and Perizzites into the hands of Judah. 10,000 enemy killed.

JUDGES 1:6 Adoni-Bezek (of the Canaanites) fled, but Judah’s army chased him down and sliced off his thumbs and big toes.

JUDGES 1:8 God approved the attack by Judah on Jerusalem. Judah’s army killed and set the city aflame.

JUDGES 1:17 With God’s approval, Judah and Simeon utterly destroyed the Canaanites who inhabited Zephath.

JUDGES 3:29 The Lord delivered the Moabites into the hands of the Israelites. "At that time they struck down about then thousand Moabites, all vigorous and strong; not a man escaped."

JUDGES 4:21 Jael drove a tent stakes through the head of Sisera.

JUDGES 7:19-25 Under God’s direction, the Gideons defeated the Midianites. They killed and decapitated their princes and delivered the heads to Gideon.

JUDGES 8:15-21 Gideon punisheed the men of Succoth with desert thorns and briers. He then "pulled down the tower of Peniel and killed the men of the town."

JUDGES 9:5 Abimalech murdered his own brothers.

JUDGES 9:45 Abimalech and his men killed everyone in the city. Then he scattered salt over it.

JUDGES 9:53-54 Abimelech was laying siege to the city of Thebez when a woman cracked his head with a stone. "Hurredly, he called to his armor-bearer, ‘Draw your sword and kill me, so that they can’t say "a woman killed him".’ So his servant ran him through, and he died."

JUDGES 11:29-39 Jepthah sacrificed his beloved daughter as a burnt offering after God gave him victory in battle.

JUDGES 15:15 Samson killed 1,000 men with the jawbone of an ass.

JUDGES 16:27-30 God helped Samson pull down the pillars of the temple, killing 3,000.

JUDGES 18:27 The Danies went on to Laish, against a peaceful and unsuspecting people. They attacked them with the sword and burned down their city.

JUDGES 19:22-29 A traveler from Bethlehem, his concubine and servant stayed as guests of an old man in Gibeah. Wicked men of the city surrounded the house, demanding to have sex with the male guest. The old homeowner offered his virgin daughter and the concubine, imploring the mob to "do to them whatever you wish." The concubine was raped and died. The traveler put her dead body on his donkey, went home, took a knife, and hacked her into twelve pieces. He then sent the pieces to each of the twelve tribes of Israel.

JUDGES 20:43-48 The Israelites killed 25,000 men. 600 men fled to the desert. The Israelites went and put everyone in the towns "to the sword, including the animals and everything else they found." Then they burned the towns down.

JUDGES 21:10-12 The assembly killed every male and non-virgin female in Jabesh Gilead. They found 400 virgins to bring back for themselves.
hamburglar
#98 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2017 9:23:43 AM

Let's look at Samuel as well. Today we are going to be abundantly blessed as I want you to share with me the books of Samuel 1 and 2. These books show us just how much "love" god has for his children.

Samuel
1 SAMUEL 4:10 The Philistines killed 30,000 Israelite soldiers.

1 SAMUEL 5:6-9 As punishment for stealing the Ark of the Covenant, God afflicted the Philistines with tumors in their "secret parts."

1 SAMUEL 6:19 Some of the men of Beth Shemesh looked into the Ark. God punished them by killing all 70 of them.

1 SAMUEL 7:7-11 God helped Samuel’s men kill the Philistines, "slaughtering them along the way to a point below Beth Car."

1 SAMUEL 11:11 Under God’s blessing, Saul and his army slaughtered the Ammonites "until the heat of the day."

1 SAMUEL 14:31 Jonathan and his men slaughtered the Philistines and "pounced on the plunder," eating meat with blood in it. God supported the slaughter of men but was displeased at the eating of unclean meat. So Saul built an altar to the Lord.

1 SAMUEL 15:7-8 God commanded Saul to attack the Amalekites and "totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys."

1 SAMUEL 15:33 "Samuel put Agag to death before the Lord at Gilgal."

1 SAMUEL 18:27 David and his men killed 200 Philistines, presenting their foreskins to the king to win Michal in marriage.

1 SAMUEL 30:17 David killed all but 400 Amalekites, who escaped.

2 Samuel
2 SAMUEL 2:23 Abner thrust the butt of his spear through Asahel’s stomach.

2 SAMUEL 3:30 As revenge for Asahel’s death, Joab and Abishai killed Abner.

2 SAMUEL 4:7-8 Ish-bosheth was lying on the bed in his bedroom. Recab and Baanah went into the room, stabbed and killed him. They decapitated him and took the head to David at Hebron. David was not pleased that an innocent man has been murdered.

2 SAMUEL 4:12 David punished Rechan and Baanah by killing them, chopping off their hands and feet and hanging their bodies by the pool at Hebron.

2 SAMUEL 6:6-7 The oxen carrying the Ark of God stumbled, and Uzzah reached out to steady it. God punished his "irreverent act" by killing him where he stood.

2 SAMUEL 6:22-23 Michal mocked David for exposing himself to slave girls. Michal was punished by God, who made her barren of children for the rest of her life. (Also note the contradiction in 2 Samuel 21:8, where Michal is said to NOT be barren, but instead has five children.)

2 SAMUEL 8:1-18 David’s acts included killing 2 out of 3 Moabite soliders, hamstringing 6,900 chariot horses, killing 22,000 Syrians, and striking down 18,000 Edomites in the Valley of Salt. Verse 6 says "…The Lord gave David victory wherever he went."

2 SAMUEL 10:18 David killed 700 charioteers and 40,000 Aramean foot soldiers.

2 SAMUEL 11:14-27 David coveted Uriah’s wife. So he had him killed in battle so David could have Bathsheba for himself.

2 SAMUEL 12:1 For David’s murder of Uriah, God killed David’s child.

2 SAMUEL 13:1-15 David’s son, Amnon, fell in love with his own sister, Tamar, a virgin. She protested his advances, (verse 14) "but he refused to listen to her, and since he was stronger than she, he raped her." Afterward, Amnon hated her and cast her out of the room.

2 SAMUEL 13:28-29 Tamar’s brother Absalom ordered his men to get Amnon drunk, then kill him for raping his sister.

2 SAMUEL 18:6-7 David’s army slaughtered 20,000 men in the forest of Ephraim.

2 SAMUEL 18:15 Joab took 3 javelins and plunged them into Absalom’s heart. Ten other men struck and killed him.

2 SAMUEL 20:10-12 Joab plunged a dagger into Amasa’s belly, spilling his intestines onto the ground. Amasa died, wallowing in his blood inthe middle of the road.

2 SAMUEL 24:15 God sent a plague on Israel to punish David for sin. 70,000 people died.

hamburglar
#99 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2017 9:37:16 AM

Tokyo wrote:
Weird and irritating when some religious folks spend their precious time "lecturing " you how their father's paradise wherever is paved with diamond and decorated in gold kama gari ya Sonko.

It's actually very annoying Tokyo when you are there for a funeral service and these guys seize the opportunity to force their religious crap down your throat. On that day, kids were crying coz they were exhausted and hungry, women were using the program to fan themsleves and try to stay cool coz it was really hot, some wazee Were literally dozing off but this father did not care. He was going to be heard at all costs. I sat there with a blank stare on my face. I could not believe how inconsiderate someone can be.
tycho
#100 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2017 9:48:49 AM

2012 wrote:
tycho wrote:
2012 wrote:
tycho wrote:

So death could be fake?

Death is a symbol we're using deliberately for social and moral control. How we use it is not cast on stone. It can be cavalier or serious. But who and why do we choose the symbolism and meaning we choose?

It's on that count that death indeed can be fake.