Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

15 Pages«<131415
Weekly debates by an Atheist
MugundaMan
#281 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 1:21:24 AM

Apricot wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
[quote=Apricot]
Can you explain the PREDICTIVE HISTORICAL ACCURACY of Scripture from Genesis all the way to Matthew, with specific reference to Isaiah and Daniel? Asante in advance smile

Not so fast. I would like to hear your answers. You have a way of playing with the mind but it is not working on me.

Remember the central doctrine of Christianity is death and resurrection. As Paul said, "if Christ be not risen", then all will have been in vain. Why don't you answer my straightforward questions that hover around this central theme, then when you do so, I can consider how to write the thesis you have requested.

I will NOT be doing your homework for you, my broda. Do not be lazy. ASK ME FOR THE RESOURCES you need and I will provide them for you in many thick tomes that answer all your questions conclusively. You and the Ishmaelite can start with this very basic gem because clearly you are stuck in a time warp of so called issues that were long ago conclusively debated, rebutted or completely debunked by Biblical scholars way more competent than myself. Enda soma for a few days then revert smile If you need more resources JUST ASK.

masukuma
#282 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 7:28:59 AM

"Wow, this religious discussion on the internet really changed my mind" said no one EVER!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
MugundaMan
#283 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 7:38:25 AM

masukuma wrote:
"Wow, this religious discussion on the internet really changed my mind" said no one EVER!

Laughing out loudly Indeed. The funniest thing is we Christians know what we believe in, and others who barely understand the faith whether academically or spiritually spend countless resources and energies trying to disprove what they do not understand nor believe in, going as far as quoting Scripture out of context or regurgitating wily old arguments against Scripture long debunked, as if it will make a difference Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly. I can a respect an out and out atheist who says he does not believe because of A, B and C. At least with him he has no pretenses at being an expert at what he does not believe in! Shalom
tycho
#284 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 8:39:25 AM

Most religions are based on scientific fact, but through historical forces the foundations have been forgotten and or discarded.

But let me remind us of the foundations again.

We start by doing geometry. Cast a circle on a piece of paper. How many circles of equal radius fit in the circle?

Repeat the circles as much as possible, till you can see the golden flower. The more you figure out this flower, the more all your questions shall be answered.

The more you understand it, the more you test its truth, the more you realize that all this time, there has only been one God, and all along, 'He' has been scientific.

Happy experimentation!
AlphDoti
#285 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 9:21:13 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:

Do you as a Christian believe in Jesus or not??

Matthew 5:17 Do not imagine I have come to change the Law of Moses or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish it...

And Jesus Christ stated that the Law of Moses remains unchanged until the end of this world! If you as Christian do not follow the OT, Yahweh's Law, then you are disobeying his law!

Please post the complete verse without truncating it and post the line you have chopped off in bold letters.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I always say, you laugh, but the last laugh will be on you

Matthew's in 5:17-20: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."
MugundaMan
#286 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 9:47:38 AM

AlphDoti wrote:

Matthew's in 5:17-20: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."

You are still truncating that verseLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Let me assist you:

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them" NIV

I have told you umpteeth times that THIS is the point that has completely eluded your brain, my good friend.

No one is without sin
No one can fulfil the law perfectly
Unlike you guys who are trying to get to a false heaven by WORKS (obeying the law to the letter)
We, under Christ's New Covenant are justified by FAITH as Christ - by being hung on the tree for us who have believed and those who will believe in future- has ALREADY FULFILLED THE LAW TO THE LETTER.
Does this mean we are under a license to sin? Of course not. We do good works not to be saved but because we have been saved. If you do not get this simple point my braddah I cannot help you and the conversation stiops hapa hapa. Shalom.
hardwood
#287 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 10:17:28 AM

Interesting to note that the white man has his religion (Christianity), the arab has his (Islam), same with the asian (Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism) but the african was made to abandon his and forced to convert to either Christianity or Islam. Isn't it time for the african to do away with religious colonization and rediscover himselefu and readopt the religion of his forefathers?
tycho
#288 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 10:51:11 AM

hardwood wrote:
Interesting to note that the white man has his religion (Christianity), the arab has his (Islam), same with the asian (Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism) but the african was made to abandon his and forced to convert to either Christianity or Islam. Isn't it time for the african to do away with religious colonization and rediscover himselefu and readopt the religion of his forefathers?

I'm amazed, that my grandmother knew the same ideas of akina Pythagoras, and even far back into the beginning of humanity.

Only her metaphor was different from what came with 'civilization'. You can imagine, she is a philosopher who has taken me so many years to discover!

She's among the last of the oralists, for now reading and writing, white collar jobs had taken over. Vuta ni kuvute dramatic.

With the collapse of traditional order, came a loss of knowledge at least at the existential level. How to reacquire this lost knowledge? How can this knowledge be rebuilt?

The African by the way, appears to be under captivity in his own land, and he's made to curse himself for it.

hardwood
#289 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 12:51:42 PM

tycho wrote:
hardwood wrote:

I'm amazed, that my grandmother knew the same ideas of akina Pythagoras, and even far back into the beginning of humanity.

Only her metaphor was different from what came with 'civilization'. You can imagine, she is a philosopher who has taken me so many years to discover!

She's among the last of the oralists, for now reading and writing, white collar jobs had taken over. Vuta ni kuvute dramatic.

With the collapse of traditional order, came a loss of knowledge at least at the existential level. How to reacquire this lost knowledge? How can this knowledge be rebuilt?

The African by the way, appears to be under captivity in his own land, and he's made to curse himself for it.

Sad that african traditional religions were dismissed as shenzi, animist, cultist, cannibalistic, voodoo etc. While similar religious practices and rituals in the west and elsewhere were deemed acceptable and are revered.

When Abraham and others in the bible offered burnt sacrifices (mbuzi) to God in some bush it is seen as highly acceptable and a very religious act, but my ancestors are rebuked for offering mbuzi to God under a mugumo tree.
AlphDoti
#290 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 6:46:49 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:

You are still truncating that verseLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Let me assist you:

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them" NIV

I have told you umpteeth times that THIS is the point that has completely eluded your brain, my good friend.

No one is without sin
No one can fulfil the law perfectly
Unlike you guys who are trying to get to a false heaven by WORKS (obeying the law to the letter)
We, under Christ's New Covenant are justified by FAITH as Christ - by being hung on the tree for us who have believed and those who will believe in future- has ALREADY FULFILLED THE LAW TO THE LETTER.
Does this mean we are under a license to sin? Of course not. We do good works not to be saved but because we have been saved. If you do not get this simple point my braddah I cannot help you and the conversation stiops hapa hapa. Shalom.

Are you saying KJV truncates things, or NIV has inserted new words in the text, eh! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly