POTUS TRUMP
Angelica _ann
#1001 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 8:45:17 AM

masukuma wrote:
harrydre wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Financial Times wrote:

The last time that Donald Trump hosted an African President in the White House, he referred to him as "lifeless", the Financial Times says in an article on President Uhuru Kenyatta's meeting today.

Describing Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari, the Financial Times says the United States President told his aides that he never wanted to meet someone so lifeless again.

Buhari is the only African President, besides Uhuru, to be invited to the White House since Trump camp into office.

Ofcourse Al Sisi did but we'll....

Don't you think Trump was right, just asking?

He he i think thats a fact.

Diplomacy does not allow you to say that....

He said this in private, so it is staff who keep on leaking stuff who are not professional. One thing I like about Trump is his honesty & saying it as it is.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hardwood
#1002 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 8:47:22 AM

hardwood
#1003 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 8:49:42 AM

Fyatu
#1004 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 8:55:20 AM

Did i hear Trump say the Mombasa - Nairobi superhighway is going to be built?
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
aemathenge
#1005 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 9:07:28 AM

Copy and Paste extract

Quote:
When Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta meets on Monday with President Trump, it will be in some senses like looking into a mirror.

Both men are fabulously wealthy scions of powerful families.

Both were improbably elected (twice in Kenyatta’s case) after controversial elections. Both are dogged by accusations of corruption.

In former times, a trip to the United States for Kenyan officials would include an expectation of lectures on corruption, democracy and the need to respect human rights.

On this occasion, that is hugely unlikely.

For one, Trump has not kept secret his admiration for strongmen nor his disdain for either democracy or democratic principles.

The United States’ silence over the Kenyatta administration’s deportation of foreign consultants, including an American citizen, working for the opposition’s election campaign, as well as its killing of dozens of perceived opposition supporters following the annulled presidential vote last year, was hard to miss.

For their part, Kenyatta and his henchmen have made no secret of their wish to institute a “benevolent” dictatorship in Kenya and to re-create the imperial presidency his father enjoyed during the 15-year period from the country’s independence from the United Kingdom in 1963 to his death in 1978.

It was during this time that the Kenyattas rose from having virtually nothing to becoming the richest family in the land, largely through preying on public resources.

Source Link at the Washington Post
hardwood
#1006 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 9:18:48 AM

aemathenge wrote:
Copy and Paste extract

Quote:
When Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta meets on Monday with President Trump, it will be in some senses like looking into a mirror.

Both men are fabulously wealthy scions of powerful families.

Both were improbably elected (twice in Kenyatta’s case) after controversial elections. Both are dogged by accusations of corruption.

In former times, a trip to the United States for Kenyan officials would include an expectation of lectures on corruption, democracy and the need to respect human rights.

On this occasion, that is hugely unlikely.

For one, Trump has not kept secret his admiration for strongmen nor his disdain for either democracy or democratic principles.

The United States’ silence over the Kenyatta administration’s deportation of foreign consultants, including an American citizen, working for the opposition’s election campaign, as well as its killing of dozens of perceived opposition supporters following the annulled presidential vote last year, was hard to miss.

For their part, Kenyatta and his henchmen have made no secret of their wish to institute a “benevolent” dictatorship in Kenya and to re-create the imperial presidency his father enjoyed during the 15-year period from the country’s independence from the United Kingdom in 1963 to his death in 1978.

It was during this time that the Kenyattas rose from having virtually nothing to becoming the richest family in the land, largely through preying on public resources.

Source Link at the Washington Post

Did you check the name of the author of the article? It's some stupid kenyan by the name Patrick Gathara who has taken his kenyan style muchene to the Washington Post. He is like a stupid boy who insults his mother, or farts when there are visitors around.

https://www.washingtonpo...?utm_term=.cffac3611d66

Washington Post wrote:

Patrick Gathara is a strategic communications consultant, writer and award-winning political cartoonist in Kenya.
hardwood
#1007 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 9:29:41 AM

Fyatu wrote:

Yes. Trump said it will be the biggest road ever built in the region. It will be a US style motorway bigger than the Thika superhighway.

Angelica _ann
#1008 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 9:35:40 AM

hardwood wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Yes. Trump said it will be the biggest road ever built in the region. It will be a US style motorway bigger than the Thika superhighway.

Mbona SS wanachungulia only 'our' side?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
aemathenge
#1009 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 9:47:49 AM

hardwood wrote:
Did you check the name of the author of the article?

It's some stupid kenyan by the name Patrick Gathara who thinks his upuzi will make him famous now that he has been published by the Washington Post.

He is like a stupid boy who insults his mother.

Indeed I did.

His Kenian name kind of grabbed my attention.

There is also the fact he has written extensively on matters Kenian on a prominent Washington Post platform, "Global Opinion".

Oh, and I kind of like his stupid "upuzi"

Below is a sample of such "upuzi"

Quote:
Even when it comes to education, Kenya’s poor get a raw deal.

In 2003, when the government introduced — to great international fanfare and praise, including from former president Bill Clinton — free primary education in a bid to improve enrollment, a million extra kids turned up for class.

But because there was no investment in increasing the number of schools, and even more stupendous, the policy was implemented during a teacher hiring freeze, the system was predictably overwhelmed.

As standards plummeted, there was an exodus into private schools, which drove up their cost and locked the poor into a failing public system.

Another indication of the government’s cavalier approach to the rights of its less wealthy subjects was its reaction to the public outrage over a rape in June at a prestigious secondary school for girls bordering Kibra.

Without providing any proof, the authorities demolished all shops surrounding the school, claiming that they were hideouts for the suspected rapists, who to date have yet to be identified, much less caught.

It seemed very much like just another case of scapegoating the poor.

Kenya runs on a template that was designed to prey on the country’s least fortunate — a government structure that from colonial times has been both suspicious of and condescending toward the poor, preferring to see them as unpleasant and inconvenient wards rather than as full citizens to be engaged with and not just bossed around.

In short, Kenya is no country for the poor.

Source link From The Global Opinion Column of the Washington Post
simonkabz
#1010 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 1:22:50 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
harrydre wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Financial Times wrote:

The last time that Donald Trump hosted an African President in the White House, he referred to him as "lifeless", the Financial Times says in an article on President Uhuru Kenyatta's meeting today.

Describing Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari, the Financial Times says the United States President told his aides that he never wanted to meet someone so lifeless again.

Buhari is the only African President, besides Uhuru, to be invited to the White House since Trump camp into office.

Ofcourse Al Sisi did but we'll....

Don't you think Trump was right, just asking?

He he i think thats a fact.

Diplomacy does not allow you to say that....

He said this in private, so it is staff who keep on leaking stuff who are not professional. One thing I like about Trump is his honesty & saying it as it is.

Wisdom and brutal honesty will kill 2 men that I know, DJT and Babayao. smile
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
simonkabz
#1011 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 1:26:43 PM

TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
simonkabz
#1012 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 1:31:58 PM

hardwood wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Notepads ni nyinyi d'oh!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
essyk
#1013 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 1:37:16 PM

C&P

Hmmmm east Africa!

On Kenya's president page all I see is praise and worship

Every body is appreciating

But visit our Museven's page you may think it belongs to Satan
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
murchr
#1014 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 1:38:12 PM

Fyatu wrote:

Yes expressway to MSA. Infrastructure first before housing. Nairobians should be able to commute from Emali to Nairobi without having to stop at traffic lights sijui roundabout etc.

@hardwood there's nothing super about Thika road. I know its the greatest road many have seen but it's time people moved on.

On UK's first trip to the US he was hosted by George Bush2 in Dallas and they took a road trip around the metropolis, if Kenya can get something close to the High5 Dallas interchange, traffic will be sorted for the next 50 yrs
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
simonkabz
#1015 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 2:08:07 PM

murchr wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Yes expressway to MSA. Infrastructure first before housing. Nairobians should be able to commute from Emali to Nairobi without having to stop at traffic lights sijui roundabout etc.

@hardwood there's nothing super about Thika road. I know its the greatest road many have seen but it's time people moved on.

On UK's first trip to the US he was hosted by George Bush2 in Dallas and they took a road trip around the metropolis, if Kenya can get something close to the High5 Dallas interchange, traffic will be sorted for the next 50 yrs

Nakuambia wewe unavutanga bangi nyingi kupindukia. You think you know but you dont.

How would one interchange of the Dallas High 5 calibre, costing over Ksh 25b, sort out Nairobi's traffic nightmare, better than the standard clover leaf?????? Sad Sad Sad WTF!

I used to pass your occasionally absurd comments as mere slips, but from today going forward, kitaeleweka.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
essyk
#1016 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 2:11:28 PM

simonkabz wrote:
murchr wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Nakuambia wewe unavutanga bangi nyingi kupindukia. You think you know but you dont.

How would one interchange of the Dallas High 5 calibre, costing over Ksh 25b, sort out Nairobi's traffic nightmare, better than the standard clover leaf?????? Sad Sad Sad WTF!

I used to pass your occasionally absurd comments as mere slips, but from today going forward, kitaeleweka.

Eish lol.
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
simonkabz
#1017 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 2:51:36 PM

essyk wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
murchr wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Eish lol.

My dear, kitu kama hii tunaweza weka wapi hivi? d'oh!

TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
murchr
#1018 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 4:15:20 PM

simonkabz wrote:
murchr wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Bangi ni mzuri, puff moja inaweza kusaidia kupunguza ujinga kwasabubu uji ndio ime jaa kwa hilo bongo lako. Unasomanga magazeti kwa choo ama? Who talked of 25B?

Quote:
Kenya is considering a Sh300 billion loan from the US to finance the construction of a six-lane expressway to link Mombasa and Nairobi.

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#1019 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 4:17:40 PM

simonkabz wrote:
essyk wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
murchr wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Eish lol.

My dear, kitu kama hii tunaweza weka wapi hivi? d'oh!

Eeh!!! Imekuchanganya sio???? I repeat!!! Something close to that will sort traffic for the next 50 yrs. Wachana na India mzeiya

Quote:

It will have four lanes with provision for future increase to six lanes and 19 interchanges. Motorists using the expressway will be charged toll fees.

The first section, from the junction with Namanga Road near Kitengela will have an interchange near Konza ICT City and a spur road to Kyumvi (Machakos Turnoff) on Mombasa Road. This section is anticipated to open to traffic in October 2019.

Bechtel, which is one of the largest construction companies in the world, recently opened its Africa office in Nairobi, Kenya, from where it plans to launch its battles for mega projects in the continent.
#1020 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 5:12:53 PM

simonkabz wrote:

Nice!!!

BBI will solve it
:)