wazua Mon, May 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

90 Pages«<3839404142>»
POTUS TRUMP
masukuma
#781 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2018 6:54:13 PM

2012 wrote:
On other news, China has surpassed US as the largest movie market. 75% of the top grossing movies are local Chinese.

I think this is a huge development! China dethroning Hollywood? Wa!

Nope... not yet... it will be a while before that happens.
Why? Who watches Chinese movies other than Chinese? Heck even India, Filipino, Mexican movies/content have a wider viewership (demographic wise) than Chinese.
Speaking from as an African - The only chinese movies we used to watch were martial arts movies! We didn't care much about the characters or the storyline -just the gymnastics. They have produced a few of them recently that we watched like 'The great wall' and 'Forbidden Kingdom' but still -that was their value proposition. Mexican and Filipino soaps have their value proposition. American movies have their value proposition - we now 'get' them. We get their jokes and tropes. We think like them. The british yielded this along time ago - what is left of british content is 'wit'... very clever dialogue.
it will take a long time for us to 'get' chinese enough for us to us consume their content as staple.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Kusadikika
#782 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2018 7:03:35 PM

I think the world is entering a very interesting period. North Korea is China's Israel. America still think they are the world's super power and policeman but with North Korea and Iran, China will start to flex its geopolitical power. The next few years will be very interesting to watch.

Kim is in a very comfortable place, he has consolidated power at home, he has his weapons and is winning the charm offensive with South Korea. He has the upper hand at this point.

This would be the best time to conduct the test of the Hydrogen bomb over the Pacific.
hardwood
#783 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 9:48:02 AM

Trump working wonders both at home and at the global stage. What a leader. He deserves the nobel prize....

On world peace...

hardwood
#784 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 9:51:52 AM

The biggest breakthrough in world peace in recent history. #Trump4NobelPrize

hardwood
#785 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 9:58:02 AM

Trump is a genius. I wish Obama had handled his African brother Gaddafi in a similar manner, instead of destroying libya.

quicksand
#786 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 10:39:36 AM

hardwood wrote:
The biggest breakthrough in world peace in recent history. #Trump4NobelPrize

Positive developments despite what one may think of Trump...however its still early.
Obama restarted Cuba/America relations, eliminated Osama....so all should pause before declaring Trump has upended Obama in Foreign Policy
Swenani
#787 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 10:52:46 AM

North Korea is NOT a THREAT to the world peace. We should FOCUS on YEMEN, SYRIA and SOUTH SUDAN where humanity is suffering
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
masukuma
#788 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 11:23:45 AM

Swenani wrote:
North Korea is NOT a THREAT to the world peace. We should FOCUS on YEMEN, SYRIA and SOUTH SUDAN where humanity is suffering

North Korea sorry Democratic People's Republic of Korea just wants to come out of the shadows. The Swiss schooled guy has started this process. I am wondering how much he is willing to trade for this.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
murchr
#789 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 4:58:39 PM

masukuma wrote:
Swenani wrote:

North Korea sorry Democratic People's Republic of Korea just wants to come out of the shadows. The Swiss schooled guy has started this process. I am wondering how much he is willing to trade for this.

Little rocket man is the winner in this....he has "promised" to denuke just like his dad and grandad in exchange, he's gotten legitimacy(one on one meeting with US President), US has suspended the military exercise with S. Korea(they were not expecting this Pompeo will be heading to SKorea to explain what that means), probable ease of sanctions.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hardwood
#790 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 10:57:05 AM

More handshakes.....

Kim invites Trump to visit Pyongyang

https://www.nation.co.ke...09426-2swl0lz/index.html
Much Know
#791 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 6:16:10 PM

After studying the body language, i congratulate Trump and South Korea Counterpart for making Kim accept Jesus via becoming a born again christian aka "saved jamaa", as an African Culture "saved jamaa" i applaud.
A New Kenya
simonkabz
#792 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 10:30:57 AM

Trump.......an interesting man. Kinda lives up to my expectations of him, with his severe condemnation of unwarranted and useless US invasions of sovereign nations during the campaigns.

In the two missile strike waves in Syria, he fired at abandoned compounds & barracks, with very limited or no fatality at all. Pure Psy-ops. I think he meant to appease the US war-mongers and fake human-rights activists who were on his arse for inaction, so that they could jerk all over themselves over the fake strikes and thereafter shut up. Its like people had been warned to vacate the targets prior.

In any case, didnt he throw a few choice insults at Bashar & Putin during the 2nd wave? I bet he called Putin soon after....."Buda hapo ilibidi nicheze rough".

Clever chap.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
hardwood
#793 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 12:22:00 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

harrydre
#794 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 12:43:24 PM

hardwood wrote:

His tweets age so well..after spending yrs bashing the Clinton foundation, amepatikana. The fines will be big time and possible this 'non profit' will be shut down
i.am.back!!!!
#795 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 4:28:23 PM

Trump has actually exceeded my expectations. He's probably the only president I know who tried/tries to keep his pledges to the electorates. He's reversed trade deals, exited the Iran deal, almost done killing Obamacare... He's actually keeping his word...

BBI will solve it
:)
murchr
#796 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 5:02:34 PM

2012 wrote:
Trump has actually exceeded my expectations. He's probably the only president I know who tried/tries to keep his pledges to the electorates. He's reversed trade deals, exited the Iran deal, almost done killing Obamacare... He's actually keeping his word...

Do you really know what your talking about? Obamacare is more popular now, he wasn't able to kill it. Trade wars have now started. Canada Mexico slapped tariffs he went insulting everyone today he's slapped the Chinese with 25% tariffs and they have reciprocated taxing items like Pork to Soybeans. What does this mean to the avg American . Most N.American car parts are made in mexico the parts now have a 15% markup so cars which Americans cant live without are going to be expensive. Canadians will add an additional tax on most goods coming from US this includes beer. It is said that the Chinese buy too much Soybeans from Americans but are willing to cut the link and source from Brazil instead. Now the Soybean farmer is wondering why he's always the one to pay. An Iphone is also considered a chinese export even though most of the parts are made in usa and other parts of the world and assembled in China, so who buys Apple phones most? This only hurts the local American

Trump has short-term successes. Tax cuts, but this only benefits the older generations and corporations, thats why the stock exchange is booming. The corporate tax was 35% now 20% as from 2017 companies have so much cash at their disposal and are willing to spend more in hiring. The deficit though is still growing (the US is spending more than it is bringing in) which is not good for the economy in the long term

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
harrydre
#797 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 7:27:52 PM

He is going to ignite the next world recession. Canadians have started boycotting US goods and have canceled their vacations to states
i.am.back!!!!
#798 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 1:53:47 PM

murchr wrote:
2012 wrote:

Do you really know what your talking about? Obamacare is more popular now, he wasn't able to kill it. Trade wars have now started. Canada Mexico slapped tariffs he went insulting everyone today he's slapped the Chinese with 25% tariffs and they have reciprocated taxing items like Pork to Soybeans. What does this mean to the avg American . Most N.American car parts are made in mexico the parts now have a 15% markup so cars which Americans cant live without are going to be expensive. Canadians will add an additional tax on most goods coming from US this includes beer. It is said that the Chinese buy too much Soybeans from Americans but are willing to cut the link and source from Brazil instead. Now the Soybean farmer is wondering why he's always the one to pay. An Iphone is also considered a chinese export even though most of the parts are made in usa and other parts of the world and assembled in China, so who buys Apple phones most? This only hurts the local American

Trump has short-term successes. Tax cuts, but this only benefits the older generations and corporations, thats why the stock exchange is booming. The corporate tax was 35% now 20% as from 2017 companies have so much cash at their disposal and are willing to spend more in hiring. The deficit though is still growing (the US is spending more than it is bringing in) which is not good for the economy in the long term

Say what you may but he's keeping his pledges. I don't like the guy but I'm sure the people who voted for him are not disappointed. Obamacare is being overhauled and the overhauling will be complete before the next election and Healthcare will be ran by the pharmaceuticals and insurances again. If you recall, the first vote in congress and senate which was for repeal and replace failed but the second time Republicans won by a vote to start the discussion process of repeal.

BBI will solve it
:)
murchr
#799 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 4:03:52 PM

2012 wrote:
murchr wrote:
2012 wrote:

Say what you may but he's keeping his pledges. I don't like the guy but I'm sure the people who voted for him are not disappointed. Obamacare is being overhauled and the overhauling will be complete before the next election and Healthcare will be ran by the pharmaceuticals and insurances again. If you recall, the first vote in congress and senate which was for repeal and replace failed but the second time Republicans won by a vote to start the discussion process of repeal.

Keeping the pledges...

No plans to overhaul Obama care has seen the light. It's so popular now that any republican thinking of touching it b4 November will face the axe. Many have list in the primaries others have opted to retire. Americans are suffering from an opioid crisis. Many among his so called base would not afford healthcare were it not of this plan.

By the way. Healthcare is run by insurance and pharmaceutical companies Obama care is a subsidies from govt program. That bill you talk about died in the Senate. After he lost he cut down the registration period. Ie open enrolment. The fight continues

His successes are there congress is working on a plan to grant him some money to build the wall. In exchange, they plan to create a path to citizenship for DACA recipients. When he did away with DACA by the way, the court's overruled his decision. So that one is still hanging. His promise was to end DACA and deport all recipients. He is on the works on immigration but one thing is clear build the wall and make Mexico pay for it is dead as a dodo.

On trade. This fight will be nasty.

Let me highlight some successes.

Did away with the law that made banks accountable to the govt to avoid the next fin crisis - dodd frank

Did away with the law that made sure internet companies are not stifling bandwidth for some companies. Net neutrality

hardwood
#800 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2018 10:06:25 AM