The Grand Slams 2017
murchr
#21 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 8:09:43 AM

safariant wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
safariant wrote:
Nasal vs Federer final a possibility.
Just like the old days

Nadal?. You are assuming he will go past Milos Raonic tomorrow and that Federer will go past Mischa Zverev today. Frankly, it's still open but amongst those i want to see in the mix is David Goffin, Wawrinka and Dimitrov, whom i foresee being in the final. That's me

Raonic is no joke but anything can happen. Federer will probably come unstuck vs Wawrinka

Matches to watch
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Njung'e
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 9:41:49 AM

Dimitrov did quite fine vs Goffin as did Serena Williams. Nadal is coming up against Raonic and i am sitting this one out. I have this feeling that Raonic will prevail as he did 18 days ago when he beat Nadal 2-1 in Brisbane. Too risky!!
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Njung'e
#23 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 12:23:52 PM

Nadal is winning the first set without doubt. If he holds his composure as he has done in the first set, he will win in 3 straight sets. What a lost opportunity to back him
Njung'e
#24 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 2:39:35 PM

3-0 win for Nadal with the second set ending in a tight tie-breaker. Those who dared the correct score got a whooping 4.06. Now, can the Lucic-Baroni fairy tale go past Serena Williams tomorrow? An emphatic NO!. I rare stake on Angelique-ann "tribesmen" but i will put a stake on a 2-0 win for Serena at 1.40. I also believe Federer will win over Wawrinka at 1.77 and the two games should give me over 2.5 for a large stake.
safariant
#25 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 3:05:12 PM

Four wins away from these two finals:
Serena Williams vs Venus Williams
Roger Federer vs Rafael Nadal
Like we are in 2008.
The greatest act of bravery is chancing a fart while suffering from diarrhoea
Njung'e
#26 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 9:34:00 AM

safariant wrote:
Like we are in 2008.

Wow!....Coco falls to Venus and as i predicted,Lucic is getting beat by Serena and so the WTA finals will be a Williams affair.....Dimitrov vs Nadal tomorrow. I say Dimitrov!
Njung'e
#27 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 1:11:01 PM

Stan is biscuit to Federer. Already down 2-0 and i can't see this going past the 3rd set.Obviously, this coupled with the 2-0 CS by Serena, Juventus and Monaco will do me great justice. Watching on Dongpu Promy KB (basket) then Kovalik and De Schepper at the Rennes challenger.

Applause Applause Applause
Njung'e
#28 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 2:08:22 PM

Unbelievable comeback bt Stan 2-2Pray Pray . Deciding set. looks like it can go to Stan going by the last two setsPray Pray
safariant
#29 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 2:13:44 PM

Njung'e wrote:
Unbelievable comeback bt Stan 2-2Pray Pray . Deciding set. looks like it can go to Stan going by the last two setsPray Pray

He's a marathoner just like Djoker
The greatest act of bravery is chancing a fart while suffering from diarrhoea
Njung'e
#30 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 2:19:03 PM

safariant wrote:
Njung'e wrote:

Who? Stan or Federer? I am taking consolation in that Stan has never beaten Fed in a hardcourt. His only two wins coming in clay courts which actually favour his style of play. Ooops. I am shitting bricks!!Pray smile
Angelica _ann
#31 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 2:45:34 PM

Njung'e wrote:
safariant wrote:
Njung'e wrote:

Who? Stan or Federer? I am taking consolation in that Stan has never beaten Fed in a hardcourt. His only two wins coming in clay courts which actually favour his style of play. Ooops. I am shitting bricks!!Pray smile

Hiyo 6-1 what was Federer doing, surely. Lakini all the same congrats Applause Applause Applause
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Njung'e
#32 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 2:46:50 PM

PheeeeeeeeeeeeW!....Fed takes it!smile
Obi 1 Kanobi
#33 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 2:52:59 PM

safariant wrote:
Like we are in 2008.

The only reason I follow Tennis, both men and women, I otherwise find the game boring.

I want Serena to go for the outright all time grandslam winner. As for Venus, quite happy for her with this come back.

And my dream final is hereDrool Drool Drool
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Njung'e
#34 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 8:25:10 AM

Putting my neck on the chopping board!

Mattek/Bethanie to win the AGS WTA doubles. Their opponents (Hlavackova/Peng) have only lost 1 set in 10 matches this year and so this tells you it will be a final to watch.

In the ATP men's other semi- final, i am backing Dimitrov to beat Nadal. Both players are in fine form with Dimitrov having already won in Brisbane. He has a fine back-hand which, i expect will cause Nadal to make mistakes at the base. Even though the H2H are in favour of Nadal at 7-1, it must be noted that in their last encounter in October of last year at the Beijing Open, Dimitrov won in two straight sets (6-2,6-4). Not good enough reason to baack him and i do not expect it to be that easy but i am looking at who needs it more. Maybe 3-1 or 3-2 just as in the other semi. I will take the odds at 4.37 for a large stake which i am more than will to losesmile . Twende kazi, kwani iko nene?
#35 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 8:53:38 AM

safariant wrote:
Like we are in 2008.

I hear these finals have broken the age records. It's the highest ever average age of players in a final.

BBI will solve it
:)
Njung'e
#36 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 11:16:44 AM

Njung'e wrote:
Putting my neck on the chopping board!

Mattek/Bethanie to win the AGS WTA doubles. Their opponents (Hlavackova/Peng) have only lost 1 set in 10 matches this year and so this tells you it will be a final to watch.

Win for Bethanie/Safarova 2-1 (7-6,6-3,6-3)Applause Applause Applause . Congrats to the New WTA AGS double champs.

The BIG one NOW!
Njung'e
#37 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 3:47:32 PM

2-2. Two evenly balanced sets followed by two tie-breakers with each player taking one. Into the deciding set and it will come down to the one who has energy left since they've already done a massive 47 games!. This ought to have been the finale proper.Applause
bkismat
#38 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 4:38:38 PM

Still playing past 12.30 am. Wow!! tennis players are fit.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
Angelica _ann
#39 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 4:47:52 PM

Nadal wins smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Njung'e
#40 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 4:53:19 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Nadal wins smile smile smile

Made to sweat blood. Dimitrov lost it when he dropped game 4 while serving but i like the fight in him. Congrats to Nadal and so it's the good old finals all over.Applause Applause