wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
VW Toureg
#21 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2017 11:18:23 PM

Tgoldman wrote:
Hi Wazuans.Anyone here familiar with VW Toureg and say 2011-model v6 estimate going price? Is 5.4m a reasonable deal provided its in decent look. I will be taking a professional mechanic to advise me also before the purchase? Anyone familiar with good German cars mechanic who can advise correctly? Was about a place near valley arcade or was it Abington with a good German machines servicings? Can CMC advise me also? Your take folks and pleasant weekend.

VW is no longer with CMC, it's with DT Dobie. Pay them a visit, at that price, you may want to consider getting a brand new one from their show room... of course with a small addition. You might also want to consider the latest SUV Chevs from GM

BBI will solve it
:)
Flo-ology
#22 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2017 6:52:13 AM

vky wrote:
Flo-ology wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Tgoldman wrote:
Hi Wazuans.Anyone here familiar with VW Toureg and say 2011-model v6 estimate going price? Is 5.4m a reasonable deal provided its in decent look. I will be taking a professional mechanic to advise me also before the purchase? Anyone familiar with good German cars mechanic who can advise correctly? Was about a place near valley arcade or was it Abington with a good German machines servicings? Can CMC advise me also? Your take folks and pleasant weekend.

Please don't engage Kenyan juakali mechanics to help you assess a 2011 vehicle. Those cars are jammed with electronics and there is no way of assessing them by looking at anything. You just have to put it on a machine. And by the way you can put it on a machine today and its ok, then the next day something gives in.

The advise I would give you is;
1. Import the car directly from majuu, you will have access to a complete report on the cars condition.
2. A Toureg should not be a penny above Kes 4.5M, my guess should be anything between 3.5 - 4.5 M based on condition etc.
3. I hate to say it but most of the Nairobi yards are hit and miss, you could get a good car or some rotten piece of crap
4. With a budget of 5.4M, I would go for a Porsche Cayenne, its basically the high end version of the toureg

@Ole-kanobi, you can't get the new model toureg(2011+) for 3.5-4.5m. Forget. The earliest month you can get for that car is October 2011(if you are lucky) that means the lowest possible duty payable to KRA is about 1.7m. Assuming you were to import the car from Japan the cheapest you can get it for is USS25k. EX UK will be around 23k pounds though you will slightly save on ex-uk model due to lower taxes on diesel variants.

Cayenne is high maintain car-guys prefer buying straight from show room due to warranty etc. You can get a brand new cayenne from Porsche Kenya at around 8M.

are you sure? sample below quote;

this is a link to a 2011 touareg 3.0 v6;

http://www4.autotrader.c...rt=price-asc&page=2

cost of car 16,495 pounds
background checks, port delivery, inspection, shipping and agency fees 2,400 pounds
taxes, port charges, registration and clearing agent fees 1,181,006 ksh
exchange rate @ 130

total landed cost for the touareg in the link above = ksh 3.6m and i have not even negotiated on the buying price of the car

this car can be shipped in any time from now and taxes will be calculated at 60% depreciation

@vky, that car is probably grade c, check the mileage. The KRA depreciation for that car if you import before November will be 50 percent not 60( if you import a 2010 October car now your depreciation will be 50% unless things have changed at KRA)
Reflection Eternal
vky
#23 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2017 9:05:38 AM

Flo-ology wrote:
vky wrote:
Flo-ology wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Tgoldman wrote:

Please don't engage Kenyan juakali mechanics to help you assess a 2011 vehicle. Those cars are jammed with electronics and there is no way of assessing them by looking at anything. You just have to put it on a machine. And by the way you can put it on a machine today and its ok, then the next day something gives in.

1. Import the car directly from majuu, you will have access to a complete report on the cars condition.
2. A Toureg should not be a penny above Kes 4.5M, my guess should be anything between 3.5 - 4.5 M based on condition etc.
3. I hate to say it but most of the Nairobi yards are hit and miss, you could get a good car or some rotten piece of crap
4. With a budget of 5.4M, I would go for a Porsche Cayenne, its basically the high end version of the toureg

@Ole-kanobi, you can't get the new model toureg(2011+) for 3.5-4.5m. Forget. The earliest month you can get for that car is October 2011(if you are lucky) that means the lowest possible duty payable to KRA is about 1.7m. Assuming you were to import the car from Japan the cheapest you can get it for is USS25k. EX UK will be around 23k pounds though you will slightly save on ex-uk model due to lower taxes on diesel variants.

Cayenne is high maintain car-guys prefer buying straight from show room due to warranty etc. You can get a brand new cayenne from Porsche Kenya at around 8M.

are you sure? sample below quote;

this is a link to a 2011 touareg 3.0 v6;

http://www4.autotrader.c...rt=price-asc&page=2

cost of car 16,495 pounds
background checks, port delivery, inspection, shipping and agency fees 2,400 pounds
taxes, port charges, registration and clearing agent fees 1,181,006 ksh
exchange rate @ 130

total landed cost for the touareg in the link above = ksh 3.6m and i have not even negotiated on the buying price of the car

this car can be shipped in any time from now and taxes will be calculated at 60% depreciation

@vky, that car is probably grade c, check the mileage. The KRA depreciation for that car if you import before November will be 50 percent not 60( if you import a 2010 October car now your depreciation will be 50% unless things have changed at KRA)

You really are full of assumptions, I will end this back and forth by saying that things work a bit differently in the UK as compared to Japan, there is no grading system in the UK unless you are talking of a car that was an insurance write off/salvage or if you buy a car from an auction otherwise the primary place where all guys importing from the UK will get their cars is either from a private seller or a new and used car dealership and for your information, the car in the link, date of first registration is Feb 2011 so it can be shipped mid this month to arrive in kenya way past its date of first registration to get the 60% depreciation.
The mileage is apt for that car's age and size
'One headache for famous medieval holy people was that someone might murder you to acquire your body parts for the relics trade'
JkMwatha
#24 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2017 12:21:28 PM

Intelligentsia wrote:
Agreed, KShs 5.4m is a tad too high - 2010 VX V8 territory.
Importing for yourself in your case you will save like a mita.

@JkMwantha, am also shopping for a used 2009 V8, Black Diesel budget 4.5m plse let me know if I can get one I know I would hv to be lucky to get a diesel in lieu of petrol but mwanaume nikuhope na kujaribu kuingia fat-cat territory lol!

@ Intelli... 2009 V8 ? Unless a local one. You need to be aware that you cannot import anything older than 2010. So think about a 2010 if it's an imported one that you're hoping for.
bubethi
#25 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2017 12:50:17 PM

Flo-ology wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Tgoldman wrote:

Here's is an online KRA Tax calculator.

RINK
omhangla
#26 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 12:34:46 PM

2012 wrote:
Tgoldman wrote:

VW is no longer with CMC, it's with DT Dobie. Pay them a visit, at that price, you may want to consider getting a brand new one from their show room... of course with a small addition. You might also want to consider the latest SUV Chevs from GM

Am interested in the Chev trailblazer going for 5.95M brand new. Anyone with experience with it
Tgoldman
#27 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 9:13:25 AM

Thank yo wazuans for all the advise. I did manage to scoop the car and it looks and feels great. Now all I need to do is get this bad boy four new sets of Michellin tyres and someone recommended Kingsway,are they any good? Secondly which insurance has affiliation with DT Dobie as they are now the dealers of VW and although I'm satisfied with my current UAP for they served me well with my current vehicle for good 13 years,I do not know if theirs will take my car to dt dobie. They never took my Subaru to Subaru place and I developed a relations with good garbage who fixed always after paying the excess.
Swenani
#28 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 1:12:06 PM

Tgoldman wrote:
Thank yo wazuans for all the advise. I did manage to scoop the car and it looks and feels great. Now all I need to do is get this bad boy four new sets of Michellin tyres and someone recommended Kingsway,are they any good? Secondly which insurance has affiliation with DT Dobie as they are now the dealers of VW and although I'm satisfied with my current UAP for they served me well with my current vehicle for good 13 years,I do not know if theirs will take my car to dt dobie. They never took my Subaru to Subaru place and I developed a relations with good garbage who fixed always after paying the excess.

I hope you meant garage
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Chaka
#29 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 2:21:31 PM

@Tgoldman,
How did you go about it,ie did you get from the place you indicated and at what cost?
Tgoldman wrote:

Tgoldman
#30 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 4:46:52 PM

Swenani I blame autocorrect.
Chaka I got another from another place. This one being 2012,v.3.6 petrol, below 30k total mileage and local from CMC. The price was slightly higher at 5.9 though.Thank you all.
Mike Ock
#31 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 8:26:13 PM

hardwood wrote:
Since your car should cost no more than 10% the value of your "owner occupied home", I hope this 5.4m car will be parked outside a home worth at least 54m......and not some 12m apartment at kileleshwa or even worse a 3.5m apartment huko mombasa rd.

don't be bitter boss, you should know people. Hapa wazua watu sio wachache. His house could be worth 100m even.
Flo-ology
#32 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 8:42:34 PM

Mike Ock wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Since your car should cost no more than 10% the value of your "owner occupied home", I hope this 5.4m car will be parked outside a home worth at least 54m......and not some 12m apartment at kileleshwa or even worse a 3.5m apartment huko mombasa rd.

don't be bitter boss, you should know people. Hapa wazua watu sio wachache. His house could be worth 100m even.

Who came with that 10% rule? May be owning a 6m car will lead to more opportunities which may lead to 100m house. You know some business/deals is all about image...
Reflection Eternal
maka
#33 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 10:02:47 PM

Flo-ology wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Who came with that 10% rule? May be owning a 6m car will lead to more opportunities which may lead to 100m house. You know some business/deals is all about image...

Live your life...
possunt quia posse videntur
kaka2za
#34 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 9:25:11 AM

maka wrote:
Flo-ology wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Live your life...

Hapo kweli.
Does anybody know of a Probox going for less than 400K?
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
quicksand
#35 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 9:48:40 AM

Tgoldman wrote:
Swenani I blame autocorrect.
Chaka I got another from another place. This one being 2012,v.3.6 petrol, below 30k total mileage and local from CMC. The price was slightly higher at 5.9 though.Thank you all.

Congratulations boss. With the benefit of some driving experience, now tell us
Petrol 3600 cc (turbocharged?) vs 3000cc TDI ...
How do they stack up? Pros and cons
Coolbull
#36 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 10:27:10 AM

Flo-ology wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
[quote=hardwood]Since your car should cost no more than 10% the value of your "owner occupied home", I hope this 5.4m car will be parked outside a home worth at least 54m......and not some 12m apartment at kileleshwa or even worse a 3.5m apartment huko mombasa rd.

Not a general rule, but most people who live in houses cheaper than their Image-Cars rarely pay debts. Ni jamaa wamadeni.

They just dont settle debts. Ni kama ugonjwa. A guy driving a merc/BMW and cant pay you and will never pay you 5k. Some live in Kilimani or Westlands, in most cases in a rented house and they just don't pay. You repair his/her car or computer utalipwa Yesu akirudi.

faa
#37 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 11:23:24 AM

Coolbull wrote:
Flo-ology wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
[quote=hardwood]Since your car should cost no more than 10% the value of your "owner occupied home", I hope this 5.4m car will be parked outside a home worth at least 54m......and not some 12m apartment at kileleshwa or even worse a 3.5m apartment huko mombasa rd.

Not a general rule, but most people who live in houses cheaper than their Image-Cars rarely pay debts. Ni jamaa wamadeni.

They just dont settle debts. Ni kama ugonjwa. A guy driving a merc/BMW and cant pay you and will never pay you 5k. Some live in Kilimani or Westlands, in most cases in a rented house and they just don't pay. You repair his/her car or computer utalipwa Yesu akirudi.

Applause true.
mpobiz
#38 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2017 4:03:34 AM

omhangla wrote:
2012 wrote:
Tgoldman wrote:

Am interested in the Chev trailblazer going for 5.95M brand new. Anyone with experience with it

5m is just too expensive for a mtumba car today with all this deals going on on brand new cars. with my hard earned 5m i cant go on smeling like a brothel anymore (most wazungus thats where they take their pokos)
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
omhangla
#39 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2017 10:04:35 AM

so you spent 6m to buy a 6 year old mtumba car?
quicksand
#40 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2017 4:37:50 PM

omhangla wrote:
so you spent 6m to buy a 6 year old mtumba car?

You diss him,.. meanwhile your girlfriend will run off to him if he even blinks in her direction while you are being sensible with your asset ratios and Toyota Caldina Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly