wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
VW Toureg
Tgoldman
#1 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2017 10:20:10 PM

Hi Wazuans.Anyone here familiar with VW Toureg and say 2011-model v6 estimate going price? Is 5.4m a reasonable deal provided its in decent look. I will be taking a professional mechanic to advise me also before the purchase? Anyone familiar with good German cars mechanic who can advise correctly? Was about a place near valley arcade or was it Abington with a good German machines servicings? Can CMC advise me also? Your take folks and pleasant weekend.
JkMwatha
#2 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2017 11:03:52 PM

Tgoldman wrote:
Hi Wazuans.Anyone here familiar with VW Toureg and say 2011-model v6 estimate going price? Is 5.4m a reasonable deal provided its in decent look. I will be taking a professional mechanic to advise me also before the purchase? Anyone familiar with good German cars mechanic who can advise correctly? Was about a place near valley arcade or was it Abington with a good German machines servicings? Can CMC advise me also? Your take folks and pleasant weekend.

Toureg or Touareg ?

I want to assume the 2011 V6 is a 3.0 diesel(as this is most common).
Having imported a few in recent past that figure of 5.4m is pretty high...but, saying that, the dealer has to make a profit.

You should looking at a total import price of 3.5m- 4.5m... even for top condition.It gets better if you decide to go for a 2010 coz duty will be slightly lower.
vky
#3 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2017 11:12:58 PM

that amount is too excessive in my view, if you were to import it yourself the car would land in kenya at under 4.5m all inclusive, on the mechanic part, go to landi mawe in industrial area and ask for a guy called manoah, he is quite popular there and he specializes in VWs and Audis
'One headache for famous medieval holy people was that someone might murder you to acquire your body parts for the relics trade'
Flo-ology
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2017 7:46:34 AM

Tgoldman wrote:

I like the new shape toureg(2011+ model)somehow looks like a cayenne and they share some similarities. My friend has this and so far has not experienced any issues. The common known issue with this model is heating which can be fixed easily. It is far reliable than its predecessor which had transmission issues. As for mechanic go to Landimawe as other wazua a have advised. Those guys work with CMC and are therefore good. I have an Audi which I service there. as for cost the 5.4m is high for used car if he can get it down to around 5m that will be good. This model will cost around 5-5.4m for petrol variant(3.6cc)to important if you were lucky to get a 2011 model. They are scarce though in Japan. Diesel variant from UK will cost you around 4.8-5m

If you are ready to wait I will advise you wait and import. You can as well give me that job to import it for you and pay me a commission ;)
Reflection Eternal
kaka2za
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2017 9:09:56 AM

Mwathani!!! Kumbe ni mimi tu nanunua gari za Ksh 550K!
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
FRM2011
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2017 9:41:57 AM

kaka2za wrote:

Tuko wengi my brother. Tunapita kusoma comments.
Lolest!
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2017 9:55:45 AM

FRM2011 wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly lanes!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Swenani
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2017 10:32:55 AM

Lolest! wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

wengine sio lanes but ni pathssmile smile smile
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Intelligentsia
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2017 10:50:07 AM

Agreed, KShs 5.4m is a tad too high - 2010 VX V8 territory.
Importing for yourself in your case you will save like a mita.

@JkMwantha, am also shopping for a used 2009 V8, Black Diesel budget 4.5m plse let me know if I can get one I know I would hv to be lucky to get a diesel in lieu of petrol but mwanaume nikuhope na kujaribu kuingia fat-cat territory lol!

Obi 1 Kanobi
#10 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2017 10:55:53 AM

Tgoldman wrote:

Please don't engage Kenyan juakali mechanics to help you assess a 2011 vehicle. Those cars are jammed with electronics and there is no way of assessing them by looking at anything. You just have to put it on a machine. And by the way you can put it on a machine today and its ok, then the next day something gives in.

The advise I would give you is;
1. Import the car directly from majuu, you will have access to a complete report on the cars condition.
2. A Toureg should not be a penny above Kes 4.5M, my guess should be anything between 3.5 - 4.5 M based on condition etc.
3. I hate to say it but most of the Nairobi yards are hit and miss, you could get a good car or some rotten piece of crap
4. With a budget of 5.4M, I would go for a Porsche Cayenne, its basically the high end version of the toureg
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
vky
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2017 11:07:23 AM

Intelligentsia wrote:
Agreed, KShs 5.4m is a tad too high - 2010 VX V8 territory.
Importing for yourself in your case you will save like a mita.

@JkMwantha, am also shopping for a used 2009 V8, Black Diesel budget 4.5m plse let me know if I can get one I know I would hv to be lucky to get a diesel in lieu of petrol but mwanaume nikuhope na kujaribu kuingia fat-cat territory lol!

itabidi budget yako ipande juu plus you would have to really look around to find one of these and it would probably be a diesel so dont worry about not finding a diesel
'One headache for famous medieval holy people was that someone might murder you to acquire your body parts for the relics trade'
Angelica _ann
#12 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:10:01 PM

Swenani wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Side walk smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
kaka2za
#13 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:26:59 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Kila mtu na priorities zake. 5M nanua acre 10 Ndeiya kwa cucu
(James Russell Rowell)
Swenani
#14 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2017 1:38:45 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Kwani hauna shamba?
kaka2za
#15 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2017 2:22:56 PM

Swenani wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Kwani hauna shamba?

Niko na mburoti. Am sticking to my footpath!
(James Russell Rowell)
Swenani
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2017 3:16:02 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Swenani wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Kwani hauna shamba?

Niko na mburoti. Am sticking to my panyaroot!

Flo-ology
#17 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2017 3:38:45 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Tgoldman wrote:

Please don't engage Kenyan juakali mechanics to help you assess a 2011 vehicle. Those cars are jammed with electronics and there is no way of assessing them by looking at anything. You just have to put it on a machine. And by the way you can put it on a machine today and its ok, then the next day something gives in.

1. Import the car directly from majuu, you will have access to a complete report on the cars condition.
2. A Toureg should not be a penny above Kes 4.5M, my guess should be anything between 3.5 - 4.5 M based on condition etc.
3. I hate to say it but most of the Nairobi yards are hit and miss, you could get a good car or some rotten piece of crap
4. With a budget of 5.4M, I would go for a Porsche Cayenne, its basically the high end version of the toureg

@Ole-kanobi, you can't get the new model toureg(2011+) for 3.5-4.5m. Forget. The earliest month you can get for that car is October 2011(if you are lucky) that means the lowest possible duty payable to KRA is about 1.7m. Assuming you were to import the car from Japan the cheapest you can get it for is USS25k. EX UK will be around 23k pounds though you will slightly save on ex-uk model due to lower taxes on diesel variants.

Cayenne is high maintain car-guys prefer buying straight from show room due to warranty etc. You can get a brand new cayenne from Porsche Kenya at around 8M.
Reflection Eternal
hardwood
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2017 8:06:31 PM

Since your car should cost no more than 10% the value of your "owner occupied home", I hope this 5.4m car will be parked outside a home worth at least 54m......and not some 12m apartment at kileleshwa or even worse a 3.5m apartment huko mombasa rd.
faa
#19 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2017 8:22:32 PM

hardwood wrote:
Since your car should cost no more than 10% the value of your "owner occupied home", I hope this 5.4m car will be parked outside a home worth at least 54m......and not some 12m apartment at kileleshwa or even worse a 3.5m apartment huko mombasa rd.

Why r u deviating from the main issue. ,?People have money.

Either way what floats someone else boat is his business.
And don't confine your mind to that school of mind.

Toureg is an excellent vehicle. Go for it .
Import for yourself. You will be much more safer than buying locally. Once imported , beside a comprehensive cover, insure the engine,gear box, electric parts etc. There are motoe covers that cover that.
vky
#20 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2017 10:51:35 PM

Flo-ology wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Tgoldman wrote:

@Ole-kanobi, you can't get the new model toureg(2011+) for 3.5-4.5m. Forget. The earliest month you can get for that car is October 2011(if you are lucky) that means the lowest possible duty payable to KRA is about 1.7m. Assuming you were to import the car from Japan the cheapest you can get it for is USS25k. EX UK will be around 23k pounds though you will slightly save on ex-uk model due to lower taxes on diesel variants.

Cayenne is high maintain car-guys prefer buying straight from show room due to warranty etc. You can get a brand new cayenne from Porsche Kenya at around 8M.

are you sure? sample below quote;

this is a link to a 2011 touareg 3.0 v6;

http://www4.autotrader.c...rt=price-asc&page=2

cost of car 16,495 pounds
background checks, port delivery, inspection, shipping and agency fees 2,400 pounds
taxes, port charges, registration and clearing agent fees 1,181,006 ksh
exchange rate @ 130

total landed cost for the touareg in the link above = ksh 3.6m and i have not even negotiated on the buying price of the car

this car can be shipped in any time from now and taxes will be calculated at 60% depreciation