Unclaimed Financial Assets
obiero
#21 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 4:04:32 PM

wukan wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
JoeNgugi wrote:
How much do lawyers charge for document certification, is it per page?

The lawyer i was "referred" to wanted 200 bob per page. It can go as high as 500 bob or even higher depending on whom you seek services from. In any case of discrepancy in names(common with cheques) etc, a sworn affidavit will set you back a minimum of 1k

If you have a lawyer friend. It can be done for free

There is an advocate on Hughes building 3rd floor that charges 50 bob per stamp

what a cheap lawyer. I wouldn't trust him/her with my work.

There's a difference in conveyance and certification duties by an advocate.. KES 50 is allowable for certification of documents, while minimum conveyance duty fee is on standard scale as issued by LSK, regardless of law firm

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
wukan
#22 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 4:38:23 PM

obiero wrote:
wukan wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
JoeNgugi wrote:

The lawyer i was "referred" to wanted 200 bob per page. It can go as high as 500 bob or even higher depending on whom you seek services from. In any case of discrepancy in names(common with cheques) etc, a sworn affidavit will set you back a minimum of 1k

There's a difference in conveyance and certification duties by an advocate.. KES 50 is allowable for certification of documents, while minimum conveyance duty fee is on standard scale as issued by LSK, regardless of law firm

You drive to CBD beat traffic jam,pay 400 parking fees or use a bus pay 150 fare to get a 50 bob stampd'oh! d'oh! certification or conveyance irregardless
obiero
#23 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 8:07:41 PM

wukan wrote:
obiero wrote:
wukan wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
JoeNgugi wrote:

You drive to CBD beat traffic jam,pay 400 parking fees or use a bus pay 150 fare to get a 50 bob stampd'oh! d'oh! certification or conveyance irregardless

What if you work in the CBD? Pesa lazima itafutwe juu chini. Meanwhile I was only stating that it's possible to obtain the stamping for free or close to.. Whether that lawyer would be called cheap for the same, remains open to debate

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Chaka
#24 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 8:31:44 PM

wukan wrote:

Would you rather bus was 50/- and stamp was 150/-?
VituVingiSana
#25 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 9:56:00 PM

wukan wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
JoeNgugi wrote:

Then do not. You should go to Kaplan.
What's the 50/- lawyer's name and contact?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Kenyan Oracle
#26 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 11:52:26 AM

murchr wrote:
I recently discovered that some monies were taken to UFAA who has had any success in getting their money from them? Any experiences?

Also trying to claim some small dividends from shares held from waaay back. UFAA they are not picking phone calls nor answering emails when making a follow-up, even after submitting all the necessary documents. Talk about inefficiency.
You lose money chasing women, but you never lose women chasing money - NAS
murchr
#27 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 4:31:47 PM

Kenyan Oracle wrote:
murchr wrote:
I recently discovered that some monies were taken to UFAA who has had any success in getting their money from them? Any experiences?

Also trying to claim some small dividends from shares held from waaay back. UFAA they are not picking phone calls nor answering emails when making a follow-up, even after submitting all the necessary documents. Talk about inefficiency.

Very useless in communication. But they deposited my money in my account after giving up, the account with my broker so you probably need to make sure all info is available with them
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
maka
#28 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 4:49:50 PM

murchr wrote:
Kenyan Oracle wrote:
murchr wrote:

Very useless in communication. But they deposited my money in my account after giving up, the account with my broker so you probably need to make sure all info is available with them

Very stupid dickheads...
possunt quia posse videntur
iris
#29 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 8:16:11 PM

maka wrote:
murchr wrote:
Kenyan Oracle wrote:
murchr wrote:

Very stupid dickheads...

tautology
tinker
#30 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 9:45:55 PM

iris wrote:
maka wrote:
murchr wrote:
Kenyan Oracle wrote:
murchr wrote:

Very stupid dickheads...

tautology

All requested documents MUST be verified by Commisioner of oaths per every claim. I found this requiment too restrictive for few pennys they owe me.
Surely, if their intention is to refund the 'unclaimed wealth', they should make the process a lot easier especially where very small amount is involved. For example, if anyone is claiming 20k (Usd 200) and below, showing up at UFAA office with an original ID/passport should suffice.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
Gathige
#31 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 11:38:35 PM

tinker wrote:
iris wrote:
maka wrote:
murchr wrote:
Kenyan Oracle wrote:
murchr wrote:

Very stupid dickheads...

tautology

All requested documents MUST be verified by Commisioner of oaths per every claim. I found this requiment too restrictive for few pennys they owe me.
Surely, if their intention is to refund the 'unclaimed wealth', they should make the process a lot easier especially where very small amount is involved. For example, if anyone is claiming 20k (Usd 200) and below, showing up at UFAA office with an original ID/passport should suffice.

I guess the idea is to weed out fraudsters. The criminal enterprise in Kenya is no joke and they would cash on any loopholes.

"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe