wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<567
Kidero out 2017
hardwood
#121 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 2:26:41 PM

washiku wrote:
[imghttps://scontent.fnbo2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20728322_10154913084553295_262990950995139108_n.jpg?oh=703d01a0f69264e5aa160f4b874f57d0&oe=5A2EC5D9[/img]

#VinduVichenjanga
Euge
#122 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 2:33:39 PM

2012 wrote:
XSK wrote:
washiku wrote:

I am happy he lost fairly. Aende kabisa!

Laughing out loudly I wonder where he will strike next.

Valid concern. But don't laugh because the trail of destruction is no joke.
Lord, thank you!
Gathige
#123 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 3:15:54 PM

Euge wrote:
2012 wrote:
XSK wrote:
washiku wrote:

I am happy he lost fairly. Aende kabisa!

Laughing out loudly I wonder where he will strike next.

Valid concern. But don't laugh because the trail of destruction is no joke.

Looks like he is conceding in action. Looks like Sonko will have no files to refer to now that Odhiambo has carted them away, to his next duty post.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Ngalaka
#124 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 4:13:18 PM

newfarer wrote:
essyk wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Unfortunately your MCA is the most important person in all this. Women rep kazi bure. Sasa kama hamjui MCA kuna shida

In urban areas few people are interested in knowing their MCA. Rural setup is no better because again things are still largely driven by party affiliation and clan matters. Sad Sad Sad

It was inkie pinkie ponkie voting for MCA's na kadhalika.
I don't even know who I voted for.

I'm happy that a friend made it to MCA. will happily advise him on the best way to manage the resources at his disposal. if he listens I'm sure he will be reelected

Which resources!
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
murchr
#125 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 7:19:49 PM

the Star wrote:

Mike Sonko has rejected the Sh25 million set aside for his inauguration as Nairobi Governor, saying it should be used to offset the one-month arrears owed to county employees.

The amount was allocated by the Assumption of Office Committee following his victory against ODM's Evans Kidero on August 8.

Sonko, who was Senator, has ordered county Chief Finance Officer Luke Gatimu to pay the workers within the next 48 hours.

“We had a fruitful meeting with Kenya County Government Workers Union (KCGWU) and agreed workers must be paid before I assume office,” he said.

He spoke to the Star after meeting the union officials who had planned to go on strike over the July pay and other issues.

Among those who attended the meeting were Gatimu, Nairobi staff branch chairman Boniface Waweru and vice chairman Kennedy Malimo.

The committee had set aside Sh2.4 million for fuel of VIP cars, Sh6.3 million for securtiy and Sh2.7 million for works. Some Sh11.1 million was allocated to the swearing –in ceremony, public health Sh384,900 and briefing and documentation Sh2 million.

Sonko has said he will also contract more than 1,000 youths, including members of the Sonko Rescue Team, to remove posters of candidates of the just-concluded elections and other litter.

The youths will also give the city a fresh coat of paint as he waits to set up the team that will manage Nairobi in the next five years. The Deputy Governor is former Vivo Energy managing director Polycarp Igathe.

The Governor-elect said he is happy Nairobians disregarded the call by NASA leader Raila Odinga and trooped back to work.

He asked residents to stay calm and continue with their activities, instead of heeding calls for demonstrations.

“Raila has no authority to declare any day a holiday. We therefore ask Kenyans to ignore the calls and continue with their activities as usual,” said Sonko.

“We need to put elections behind us. We assure the residents that we shall provide maximum security everywhere within the county."

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Shak
#126 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 7:21:09 PM

Ngalaka wrote:
newfarer wrote:
essyk wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Unfortunately your MCA is the most important person in all this. Women rep kazi bure. Sasa kama hamjui MCA kuna shida

In urban areas few people are interested in knowing their MCA. Rural setup is no better because again things are still largely driven by party affiliation and clan matters. Sad Sad Sad

I'm happy that a friend made it to MCA. will happily advise him on the best way to manage the resources at his disposal. if he listens I'm sure he will be reelected

Which resources!

Every ward is entitled to a Ward Development Fund
harrydre
#127 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 7:37:02 PM

murchr wrote:
the Star wrote:

Mike Sonko has rejected the Sh25 million set aside for his inauguration as Nairobi Governor, saying it should be used to offset the one-month arrears owed to county employees.

The amount was allocated by the Assumption of Office Committee following his victory against ODM's Evans Kidero on August 8.

Sonko, who was Senator, has ordered county Chief Finance Officer Luke Gatimu to pay the workers within the next 48 hours.

“We had a fruitful meeting with Kenya County Government Workers Union (KCGWU) and agreed workers must be paid before I assume office,” he said.

He spoke to the Star after meeting the union officials who had planned to go on strike over the July pay and other issues.

Among those who attended the meeting were Gatimu, Nairobi staff branch chairman Boniface Waweru and vice chairman Kennedy Malimo.

The committee had set aside Sh2.4 million for fuel of VIP cars, Sh6.3 million for securtiy and Sh2.7 million for works. Some Sh11.1 million was allocated to the swearing –in ceremony, public health Sh384,900 and briefing and documentation Sh2 million.

Sonko has said he will also contract more than 1,000 youths, including members of the Sonko Rescue Team, to remove posters of candidates of the just-concluded elections and other litter.

The youths will also give the city a fresh coat of paint as he waits to set up the team that will manage Nairobi in the next five years. The Deputy Governor is former Vivo Energy managing director Polycarp Igathe.

The Governor-elect said he is happy Nairobians disregarded the call by NASA leader Raila Odinga and trooped back to work.

He asked residents to stay calm and continue with their activities, instead of heeding calls for demonstrations.

“Raila has no authority to declare any day a holiday. We therefore ask Kenyans to ignore the calls and continue with their activities as usual,” said Sonko.

“We need to put elections behind us. We assure the residents that we shall provide maximum security everywhere within the county."

This is a great start...
i.am.back!!!!
Mike Ock
#128 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 8:11:58 PM

essyk wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:

Admittedly I'm in the same boat. Some budding MCA convinced me at the entrance to the polling station na nikampigia tu. Maybe we should separate the elections somehow so that people take MCA and MP seriously.
Fyatu
#129 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 8:15:02 PM

washiku wrote:

Very happy to see that Odhis kipindu pindu is finally moving out
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Iganamagana
#130 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 7:09:06 AM

Mike Ock wrote:
essyk wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:

Admittedly I'm in the same boat. Some budding MCA convinced me at the entrance to the polling station na nikampigia tu. Maybe we should separate the elections somehow so that people take MCA and MP seriously.

You separate them, the turnout will be very low (like party nominations of the old days). Middo class will not bother to turn out.
washiku
#131 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 8:16:09 PM

Now that Sonko Rescue team was started to give services that Kidero had failed to give as a governor and it was eventually registered as an NGO, what becomes of it?
harrydre
#132 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 2:58:52 AM

washiku wrote:
Now that Sonko Rescue team was started to give services that Kidero had failed to give as a governor and it was eventually registered as an NGO, what becomes of it?

Contractor?
i.am.back!!!!
washiku
#133 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 9:15:32 AM

harrydre wrote:
washiku wrote:

Contractor?

Conflict of interest pap!!!
Ngalaka
#134 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 10:44:00 AM

Shak wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:
newfarer wrote:
essyk wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:

Which resources!

Every ward is entitled to a Ward Development Fund

So who manages what!!
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu