wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

52 Pages«<2526272829>»
IEBC showdown today!!!!!!!!
thuks
#521 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2017 1:22:56 PM

Gathige wrote:
I went through the IEBC register for my polling station and noted one name repeated three times but with different ID numbers. Whereas this may be a sheer coincidence in names, hopefully the BVR kits will differentiate who is who by the Biometrics. I am amazed in my locals there there are 5,300 registered voters and there are two other polling stations separated by a distance of not more than 2 kms.

In some regions, it is very possible to have people related or unrelated share names e g half brothers, cousins etc.
I care!
kayhara
#522 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2017 2:23:46 PM

thuks wrote:
Gathige wrote:
I went through the IEBC register for my polling station and noted one name repeated three times but with different ID numbers. Whereas this may be a sheer coincidence in names, hopefully the BVR kits will differentiate who is who by the Biometrics. I am amazed in my locals there there are 5,300 registered voters and there are two other polling stations separated by a distance of not more than 2 kms.

In some regions, it is very possible to have people related or unrelated share names e g half brothers, cousins etc.

Me and my 4 cousins share exact same names first,middle and last so very possible
To Each His Own
murchr
#523 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:44:17 PM

Breaking news haija break huku?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Angelica _ann
#524 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:50:22 PM

murchr wrote:

Just break it up please??????????
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
murchr
#525 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:54:39 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Angelica _ann
#526 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:43:26 PM

murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:

I feel this is now provocative/provocation on the part of IEBC, setting very bad precedent. My take!!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hardwood
#527 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:48:32 PM

murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:

Wrong move by IEBC. How do they expect the whole country to wait for upto 7 days as they tally the results? This will put the country on edge. Best is to announce the results as they come in so the public knows the direction things are going, and this will diffuse tension.
Gathige
#528 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:53:39 PM

hardwood wrote:
murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:

Wrong move by IEBC. How do they expect the whole country to wait for upto 7 days as they tally the results? This will put the country on edge. Best is to announce the results as they come in so the public knows the direction things are going, and this will diffuse tension.

This sounds like a bad Joke. Someone tell IEBC was can all add figures and make conclusions.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Angelica _ann
#529 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 7:10:04 PM

Gathige wrote:
hardwood wrote:
murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:

This sounds like a bad Joke. Someone tell IEBC was can all add figures and make conclusions.

After watching the full clip, it is not a bad thing after all. smile
FRM2011
#530 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 8:09:22 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Gathige wrote:
hardwood wrote:
murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:

After watching the full clip, it is not a bad thing after all. smile

@AA, do you have the clip you are referring to ?

It shifts focus to the tallying centers in each of the 290 constituencies. They will be displaying results from each polling station as they stream in.

Political parties must have representation in each constituency HQ. Same for media.

Don't know whether am being over-optimistic but IEBC might surprise us with the most transparent process. Happy with the preparations so far.
Amores
#531 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 8:14:54 PM

Not sure about this, NASWA will say votes are being cooked
I am happy
hardwood
#532 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 8:35:00 PM

Amores wrote:

Very true. I can foresee goons in kisumu rioting and burning tires demanding results like in 2007 while IEBC is waiting for results from all 290 constituencies to be tallied which might take a whole week.
safariant
#533 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 11:01:57 PM

hardwood wrote:
Amores wrote:

Very true. I can foresee goons in kisumu rioting and burning tires demanding results like on 2007 while IEBC is waiting for results from all 290 constituencies to be tallied which might take a whole week.

The greatest act of bravery is chancing a fart while suffering from diarrhoea
newfarer
#534 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 6:36:58 AM

safariant wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Amores wrote:

Very true. I can foresee goons in kisumu rioting and burning tires demanding results like on 2007 while IEBC is waiting for results from all 290 constituencies to be tallied which might take a whole week.

that tweet from IEBC is assuring. Kenya will not burn.
punda amecheka
KulaRaha
#535 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 7:52:20 AM

Seems IEBC is hell bent on causing unrest....one stupid decision after another.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Bigchick
#536 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 8:29:48 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Seems IEBC is hell bent on causing unrest....one stupid decision after another.

You seem to understand it differently from everybody else.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
washiku
#537 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 8:40:36 AM

I really do not think people listened to what IEBC said. First, the context of the story is important. It was in a media briefing. The CEO said that media will have access to the results real time as they stream in. He also said the results will also be live 24/7 on their website. All he pleaded with them not to do was to announce the final results, like they shouldn't go ahead and declare so and so is now the President elect since that is the role of the Chairman. What he said they won't do this time round is that ritual of a commissioner coming to announce after every one or two or whatever hour. In fact he clarified that this decision was more so because the results declared at the constituency level were final and will be transmitted online to Bomas, no need of the RO to come all the way to Nai.

Now if the media has the data and they are showing it publicly, where exactly is the vacuum? Even the old way of a commissioner announcing them was still being done through the same media.
washiku
#538 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 8:56:26 AM

hardwood
#539 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 9:07:11 AM

washiku wrote:
I really do not think people listened to what IEBC said. First, the context of the story is important. It was in a media briefing. The CEO said that media will have access to the results real time as they stream in. He also said the results will also be live 24/7 on their website. All he pleaded with them not to do was to announce the final results, like they shouldn't go ahead and declare so and so is now the President elect since that is the role of the Chairman. What he said they won't do this time round is that ritual of a commissioner coming to announce after every one or two or whatever hour. In fact he clarified that this decision was more so because the results declared at the constituency level were final and will be transmitted online to Bomas, no need of the RO to come all the way to Nai.

Now if the media has the data and they are showing it publicly, where exactly is the vacuum? Even the old way of a commissioner announcing them was still being done through the same media.

Very true. That clip by @murchr is misleading, it was edited to cause alarm. There is no cause of worry since results will be streaming live. Reminds me of how kivuitus statement was edited to read "I don't know who won the election" when in fact he was responding to a question asking if kibaki won FAIRLY. His "i dont know" was in regard to "FAIRLY" and not whether kibaki had won. In fact baba repeated that erroneous statement in his debate.
limanika
#540 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 9:35:22 AM

safariant wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Amores wrote:

I digress.
IEBC should tell us: 1) what measures have they put at constituency level to verify 'draft' results from polling stations (at constituency level) before final result is announced. 2) are there circumstances that can lead to result from specific polling station being cancelled e.g. uncontrollable violence or wanton rigging 3) what measures have they put in place to ensure what was received at bomas is exact same result that was announced at constituency. 4) is there risk of rogue elements, hackers and interested parties forming parralel network of constituences mirroring kenya in the 'cloud' and transmitting results to iebc server?