hardwood
#621 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 12:51:17 PM

alma1 wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Liv wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
hardwood wrote:
BREAKING: Doctors have called off strike.

Deal signed smile smile smile

Did I hear they got only 40% salary increase ...what they had refused within month 1 of the strike?

Regardless shows the chest thumping that has been going on didnt work as was expected!!!!!

Yep...

Yep, the doctors got a pay hike, the bloggers bado pare pare 527

We are also demanding a 40% raise otherwise we down our tools. #527+40%
mkenyan
#622 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:28:26 PM

Dahatre wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Liv wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Did I hear they got only 40% salary increase ...what they had refused within month 1 of the strike?

Regardless shows the chest thumping that has been going on didnt work as was expected!!!!!

If I were a scrappy newly minted doctor previously earning 36K and got a raise to 66K and 20k allowance I would be pretty happy with my 86K.

New docs pull 24/36/72 hour shifts..They do not even have time for side hustles..For them, the strike was worth it.

i have a lot of time for doctors. i respect them. they are underpaid and are expected to deliver on impossible at times. but the strike and the attendant loss of lives was and can never be worth it. and if it is true that what they settled for is what they were initially offered but refused then it would have been a farce had it not been tragic.
murchr
#623 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:37:03 PM

What happens to the money contributed to the paybill number?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Angelica _ann
#624 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 3:00:59 PM

murchr wrote:
What happens to the money contributed to the paybill number?

Shida iko wapi, wacha officials wakule to relieve the stress wamekula over the last 100 days on behalf of Kenyans smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
murchr
#625 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 4:18:50 PM

Dahatre wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Liv wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
hardwood wrote:

If I were a scrappy newly minted doctor previously earning 36K and got a raise to 66K and 20k allowance I would be pretty happy with my 86K.

New docs pull 24/36/72 hour shifts..They do not even have time for side hustles..For them, the strike was worth it.

Ebu fanya hio hesabu tena....
36*1.4 haiwezi fika 66 alafu toa ya Kaizari
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Dahatre
#626 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:48:33 PM

murchr wrote:
Dahatre wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Liv wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Oh I was not working off of the 40% I was working off of the actual signed document. See item 1i and 6 below:
Angelica _ann
#627 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 9:01:53 PM

Dahatre wrote:
murchr wrote:
Dahatre wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Liv wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Oh I was not working off of the 40% I was working off of the actual signed document. See item 1i and 6 below:

Wachana na hawa. They like the masses suffering. Anyway ask yourself how doctors managed to survive for 100days bila kunungunika rent smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
muganda
#628 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2017 8:50:53 PM

Anti_Burglar
#629 Posted : Thursday, April 06, 2017 11:13:47 AM

muganda wrote:

Ah, thank you Mr. President for reminding us. We paid a very huge part their fees! Did not even remember.
Angelica _ann
#630 Posted : Thursday, April 06, 2017 12:05:49 PM

Anti_Burglar wrote:
muganda wrote:

Ah, thank you Mr. President for reminding us. We paid a very huge part their fees! Did not even remember.

Mpaka veins zinatoka smile
Anti_Burglar
#631 Posted : Thursday, April 06, 2017 4:35:34 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
muganda wrote:

Mpaka veins zinatoka smile

If only they also toka like that when he speaks about the arap mashamba dude.
hardwood
#632 Posted : Saturday, July 01, 2017 2:32:25 PM

Intern doctors to earn more than University Professors..

https://www.standardmedi...an-university-professors
hardwood
#633 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 8:47:18 AM

http://www.the-star.co.k...illed-grouping_c1590113

Quote:
Clinical officers have threatened to strike, complaining of neglect and discrimination.
This was after the Salaries and Remuneration Commission categorised them as “low-skilled” in its latest job evaluation, which grouped the clinical officers with mortuary attendants and office messengers.

murchr
#634 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2019 4:25:44 PM

murchr wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
All those anti doctors strike fellas are just full of sh*t. Parroting what they do not know. Kenya deserves a functioning public health system. Not the current death holes called public hospitals. The only way to achieve this is improve personnel retention and then upgrade facilities. Doctors are doing the right thing. Problem is we have incompetence and a thug sharing an office on the hill. There, I have said it and I am a Kikuyu.

What do you know? Will a doctor stop misdiagnosing people because they are suddenly rich? If you are a doctor because you want more money then your motivation is lopsided. Citizen aired a clip of a kid whose cancer of the skin has blown out, this kid has been going to the public hospitals for over 10years and ofcourse our doctors have not seen the need to refer the case elsewhere, because ofcourse wameshindwa.

Our hospitals are a work in progress, what is not changing yet, is the greed. Wawache kuiba masaa, madawa, machine, gloves, gauze, syringes bedsheet na kathalika. Why should I the taxpayer pay for the continued education of these doctors? Wachukue loan HELB na walipe badaaye after all their employment is guaranteed unlike the other professions who will have to tarmac even for 5yrs before they can get a decent job. Ask a doc in US how much his medical degree/residency cost him then comeback and lecture us.

There's no difference of these doctors and the politicians asking for a "bonus". The motivation is the same.

Has anyone of you ever wondered why we have Indian and wazungu doctors giving free medical care to people allover?

Tuliongea 2017

thuks
#635 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2019 6:49:33 AM

murchr wrote:
murchr wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
All those anti doctors strike fellas are just full of sh*t. Parroting what they do not know. Kenya deserves a functioning public health system. Not the current death holes called public hospitals. The only way to achieve this is improve personnel retention and then upgrade facilities. Doctors are doing the right thing. Problem is we have incompetence and a thug sharing an office on the hill. There, I have said it and I am a Kikuyu.

What do you know? Will a doctor stop misdiagnosing people because they are suddenly rich? If you are a doctor because you want more money then your motivation is lopsided. Citizen aired a clip of a kid whose cancer of the skin has blown out, this kid has been going to the public hospitals for over 10years and ofcourse our doctors have not seen the need to refer the case elsewhere, because ofcourse wameshindwa.

Our hospitals are a work in progress, what is not changing yet, is the greed. Wawache kuiba masaa, madawa, machine, gloves, gauze, syringes bedsheet na kathalika. Why should I the taxpayer pay for the continued education of these doctors? Wachukue loan HELB na walipe badaaye after all their employment is guaranteed unlike the other professions who will have to tarmac even for 5yrs before they can get a decent job. Ask a doc in US how much his medical degree/residency cost him then comeback and lecture us.

There's no difference of these doctors and the politicians asking for a "bonus". The motivation is the same.

Has anyone of you ever wondered why we have Indian and wazungu doctors giving free medical care to people allover?

Tuliongea 2017

Blanket
I care!