If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
hardwood
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:50:48 AM

Excetra1 wrote:
what is this excellium?

http://www.multivu.com/p...51-total-excellium-fuel/
kawi254
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 10:01:02 AM

Isn't Total Excellium and Shell's V-Power just marketing gimmic? Kenya's fuel is sourced in bulk and KPC pumps it inland and at Industrial area Nairobi everyone collects their share from KPC and distributes. In essence Kenol Kobil/Shell/Total/Oilcom...all have the same fuel barring adulteration. OR just maybe they adding those tablets that falsely claim to increase mileage per litre...
chemirocha
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 12:16:30 PM

kawi254 wrote:
Isn't Total Excellium and Shell's V-Power just marketing gimmic? Kenya's fuel is sourced in bulk and KPC pumps it inland and at Industrial area Nairobi everyone collects their share from KPC and distributes. In essence Kenol Kobil/Shell/Total/Oilcom...all have the same fuel barring adulteration. OR just maybe they adding those tablets that falsely claim to increase mileage per litre...

V-power is a global brand and at least for the US and EU markets those advertising claims have to be proven to the regulator.
quicksand
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 12:21:27 PM

kawi254 wrote:

Well,...the story with V-Power is their claim that they add "cleaning and anti-knock chemical agents to the fuel". The "advantages" are supposed to be "smoother running engine, cleaner engine" ..something abut "reduced carbon deposits" and "reduced risk of knocking". I drive a Subaru and Shell agents think all Subaru drivers are idiots who will fork over an additional ~25/- per liter over the normal fuel chasing after this mysterious "extra-performance" (Toyota, Nissan, Mazda people,...do you get this constant V-Power cross sell from attendants?); So I asked, and I got this half-baked explanation. I also did try a full tank of that V-Power once (for the sake of science,..also before the fuel prices tanked and the difference was 10/- a liter) on a drive to and from the country and didn't notice any difference in engine performance or increased smoothness.
Unless you have one of those Jap performance cars with sensitive turbos and requires sijui those 99 RON fuel rating, you are being had by Shell...Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Its BS in my opinion ....plus, what is to stop unscrupulous station operators loading normal fuel and pumping it out of the V-Power nozzles and collecting a cool extra 25/- per liter?
kawi254
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 12:42:10 PM

quicksand wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

Well,...the story with V-Power is their claim that they add "cleaning and anti-knock chemical agents to the fuel". The "advantages" are supposed to be "smoother running engine, cleaner engine" ..something abut "reduced carbon deposits" and "reduced risk of knocking". I drive a Subaru and Shell agents think all Subaru drivers are idiots who will fork over an additional ~25/- per liter over the normal fuel chasing after this mysterious "extra-performance" (Toyota, Nissan, Mazda people,...do you get this constant V-Power cross sell from attendants?); So I asked, and I got this half-baked explanation. I also did try a full tank of that V-Power once (for the sake of science,..also before the fuel prices tanked and the difference was 10/- a liter) on a drive to and from the country and didn't notice any difference in engine performance or increased smoothness.
Unless you have one of those Jap performance cars with sensitive turbos and requires sijui those 99 RON fuel rating, you are being had by Shell...Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Its BS in my opinion ....plus, what is to stop unscrupulous station operators loading normal fuel and pumping it out of the V-Power nozzles and collecting a cool extra 25/- per liter?

When Shell launched it's V-power, Gavin Bennett did an article in Sunday nation that unless you are racing on Formula One you will not get any performance increase with V-power on our 50 kph roads and bumps on 'super-highways'.

Anyway Total are questioning why you spend extra on Shell's V-power while you could get same fuel at cost of normal unleaded petrol
faa
#9 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2016 8:39:03 AM

kawi254 wrote:
quicksand wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

When Shell launched it's V-power, Gavin Bennett did an article in Sunday nation that unless you are racing on Formula One you will not get any performance increase with V-power on our 50 kph roads and bumps on 'super-highways'.

Anyway Total are questioning why you spend extra on Shell's V-power while you could get same fuel at cost of normal unleaded petrol

Such kind of informative posts make me stick to wazua, day in day out.

there have also been numerous reports of several shell stations selling adulterated fuel, esp shell kileleshwa, limuru road, thika road and many others.

Total,our good NSE friend KK and National oil are much more ideal especially for the peace of mind
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2017 9:10:06 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
v power

Not V Power. Unleaded Extra

BBI will solve it
:)
ZZE123
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 12:09:10 PM

2012 wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
v power

Does it work??
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
innovator
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 1:53:55 PM

ZZE123 wrote:
2012 wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
v power

Does it work??

Very good, I have been using it for the last one month.
vky
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 5:25:53 PM

innovator wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:
2012 wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
v power

Does it work??

Very good, I have been using it for the last one month.

this thing works getting better MPG than when i was using shell, bet shell has lost a chunk of its customers
'One headache for famous medieval holy people was that someone might murder you to acquire your body parts for the relics trade'
chiaroscuro
#14 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2017 12:31:09 PM

I've tested both V-Power & Excellium.

In both cases the car consumed MORE fuel than with normal premium petrol!
Swenani
#15 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2017 12:54:26 PM

chiaroscuro wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
actuarywahisa
#16 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2017 1:23:20 PM

chiaroscuro wrote:

Would it be that you experienced Heavy Foot Syndrome after fuellinfg with V-Power or Excellium?
There are too many opportunities all around. Open your eyes and maybe you'll spot one
chiaroscuro
#17 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2017 1:35:05 PM

actuarywahisa wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:

Would it be that you experienced Heavy Foot Syndrome after fuellinfg with V-Power or Excellium?

No.

Both tests were done on a 1,500km trip.
hardwood
#18 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2017 1:49:49 PM

chiaroscuro wrote:

Do you work for a rival fuel company?
chiaroscuro
#19 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2017 2:40:01 PM

hardwood wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:

Do you work for a rival fuel company?

No