wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Stima Sacco Scandal?
natema2000
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2016 9:01:37 PM

So two days ago i read a post on Robert Alai's page

"Hi Alai,
Now I am a member of stima sacco and something happened some few months ago,The ceo Mr.Wambua,corporate secretary and chief manager operations stima sacco colluded and gave Maseno university a loan of 3O million of which it was not a member of the sacco.This is where it gets interesting,they registered the institution with 10 million as deposits of the 30 million loan,so they deposited Maseno's a/c with 20 million.
This is contrary to stima sacco by-laws.As we speak there's an interim board of directors and invited an auditing firm.Infact they gave loans to Migori Teachers and KAAB illegally.Kenyans need to knw whats happening in this sacco,some of the board members have resigned already.There's corruption in stima sacco n a mega one."

Being a loyal client i think may he's just a disgruntled client. Then today i see this on the business daily

"Stima Sacco reshuffles top managers as CEO calls it a day"

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Stima-Sacco-reshuffles-top-managers-as-CEO-calls-it-a-day/539552-3466780-ofe21o/index.html
enyands
#2 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 8:17:49 AM

I hope stima sacco investment has no scandals. We Kenyans are professional thieves
winmak
#3 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 9:00:58 AM

OK... Now this is worrying, is there any place not touched by crooks? Have a significant deposit here. Someone kindly shred some light.
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
kichwangumu
#4 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 12:15:38 PM

C&P from an email sent by a delegate to

"..We had a delegates meeting at KICD covering the following areas :
1. Irregular award of loans to specific companies by management way beyond board limits. The companies involved are :
· Maseno Univesity -75m
· Migori Teachers SACCO -25M
· KAAV -100M
The board have since suspended senior management staff –CEO, Company secretary and Head of operations. There is forensic audit currently ongoing to get the root of the matter. The board have taken action to recover all this funds since they were not secured.

2. Reduction of interest rates
The sacco has reduced interest in three products- Super loans ,Mwangaza, Premium to 14% p.a Reducing balance. It was initially 15%,16% and 16% respectively. This was necessitated by the movement by members to banks which created competition. The board promised that there will be no effect in this year’s dividends . The rest of the loans remain the same.

3. By laws review which is ongoing. Nothing much was discussed here
4. Mwiki land- They are in the process of disposing this land but it will depend on the highest bidder. If the proposed amount is lower that the current valuation, the land will still remain with the sacco. The previous board had bought this land at an inflated value and delegates chose to dispose rather than developing it.

More will be shared during the SGM coming in February."
Coolbull
#5 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 2:10:47 PM

If I were you I could be on my way to withdraw from the Sacco. In Kenya, when you hear a rumour always know there is some truth in it.

FACTS:-
1. Funds have been loaned out without any security.
2. CEO forced to resign.
3. You have your money there
4. You risk losing your savings

winmak wrote:
OK... Now this is worrying, is there any place not touched by crooks? Have a significant deposit here. Someone kindly shred some light.

Ngogoyo
#6 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 3:23:37 PM

Coolbull wrote:
If I were you I could be on my way to withdraw from the Sacco. In Kenya, when you hear a rumour always know there is some truth in it.

2. CEO forced to resign.

winmak wrote:

and mind you the Finance Manager (who of course must have been involved in some way in the malpractice) is now the CEO

The shafting continues.
Angelica _ann
#7 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 3:28:50 PM

Ngogoyo wrote:
Coolbull wrote:

2. CEO forced to resign.

winmak wrote:

and mind you the Finance Manager (who of course must have been involved in some way in the malpractice) is now the CEO

The shafting continues.

All Sacco thieving involves all including Board, Management Committee, BoM and Audit. Shafting continues herein Sad
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
enyands
#8 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 4:43:19 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ngogoyo wrote:
Coolbull wrote:

2. CEO forced to resign.

winmak wrote:

The shafting continues.

All Sacco thieving involves all including Board, Management Committee, BoM and Audit. Shafting continues herein Sad

Angelica I come in peace this time. ..what rumors have you heard of stima sacco investment ltd? Ama huko ni safe zone?
Angelica _ann
#9 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 6:22:49 PM

enyands wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ngogoyo wrote:
Coolbull wrote:

2. CEO forced to resign.

winmak wrote:

The shafting continues.

Angelica I come in peace this time. ..what rumors have you heard of stima sacco investment ltd? Ama huko ni safe zone?

Not heard of any rumours, my comment is on Saccos in general.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
winmak
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 8:39:25 PM

Point well taken.
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Bigchick
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 5:33:28 PM

Based on abit of knowledge on Cooperatives and how they run,there is no major cause of alarm unless the borrowers chew the money instead of using it for the intended purpose.

Stima Sacco is a big Sacco and therefore had excess funds which they lent to the other Saccos mentioned up there. Saccos mostly borrow to onlend to their members on short term basis.Mostly 12 months.Unless rhe Borrowing Saccos and their mother companies close shop which is unlikely,that is when people should worry.

The only mistake I see is the officials acting beyond their powers.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
BGL
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 5:52:37 PM

I want to join this SACCO in-order to leverage on my shares held in Stima Investment when i need a loan form the organization.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
its2013
#13 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2016 1:04:35 AM

BGL wrote:
I want to join this SACCO in-order to leverage on my shares held in Stima Investment when i need a loan form the organization.

What are the requirements and procedures for joining? Is one required to be seconded by an existing member?
Pretty hurts
natema2000
#14 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2016 7:22:16 AM

winmak wrote:

Co-operatives regulator to probe UN Sacco officials

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Co-operatives-regulator-to-probe-UN-Sacco-officials/539552-3474586-ikmc6nz/index.html
natema2000
#15 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2016 7:26:52 AM

its2013 wrote:
BGL wrote:

What are the requirements and procedures for joining? Is one required to be seconded by an existing member?

Stima SACCO Membership

Membership Eligibility
Stima Sacco' Membership is open to all Kenyan Nationals anywhere in the World

INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP
To join the Sacco one needs to;
1). Complete Membership Application Form
2). Attach copy of Kenyan National Identity Card or Valid Kenyan Passport
3). Attach coloured passport size photograph.

JOINT MEMBERSHIP
1). Complete Membership Application Form.
2). Attach copy of Kenyan National Identity Card or Valid Kenyan Passport for both applicants.
3). Attach coloured passport size photograph for both applicants.

GROUP MEMBERSHIP
1). Complete group membership application form.
2). Attach minutes of the group's meeting resolving to join Stima Sacco.
3). Attach the group's constitution.
4). Attach copies of Identification Cards, Passport and photos of authorised signatories.
5). Attach copy of group's registration certificate.

CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP
1). Complete corporate membership application form.
2). Attach minutes of the Board of Directors meeting resolving to join Stima Sacco.
3). Attach copy of articles and memorandum of association
4). Attach copies of Identification Cards, Passport and photos of three authorised signatories.
5). Attach copy of registration certificate.
its2013
#16 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2016 8:38:34 AM

natema2000 wrote:
its2013 wrote:
BGL wrote:

Stima SACCO Membership

Membership Eligibility
Stima Sacco' Membership is open to all Kenyan Nationals anywhere in the World

INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP
1). Complete Membership Application Form
2). Attach copy of Kenyan National Identity Card or Valid Kenyan Passport
3). Attach coloured passport size photograph.

JOINT MEMBERSHIP
1). Complete Membership Application Form.
2). Attach copy of Kenyan National Identity Card or Valid Kenyan Passport for both applicants.
3). Attach coloured passport size photograph for both applicants.

GROUP MEMBERSHIP
1). Complete group membership application form.
2). Attach minutes of the group's meeting resolving to join Stima Sacco.
3). Attach the group's constitution.
4). Attach copies of Identification Cards, Passport and photos of authorised signatories.
5). Attach copy of group's registration certificate.

CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP
1). Complete corporate membership application form.
2). Attach minutes of the Board of Directors meeting resolving to join Stima Sacco.
3). Attach copy of articles and memorandum of association
4). Attach copies of Identification Cards, Passport and photos of three authorised signatories.
5). Attach copy of registration certificate.

Thanks @natema2000 smile smile smile
Pretty hurts