Safaricom HY17
Impunity
#41 Posted : Friday, November 04, 2016 5:56:12 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Impunity wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Impunity wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
This Safaricom will surely kill me with money!!! They send me a very fat dividend and before I can decide what to do with the money, they send me more (one week later)!!! Sasa hii pesa yote nitafanya nayo nini??

smile smile smile smile smile

While you ponder what to do with your 0.66 cents dividends, some of us (obiero) have doubled our millions in capital gains at kq and bolted..waiting to enter again at the trough-levels.

Like you have a million worth of CAPITAL at Safcom giving you say 30K shillings dividend in a year while astute traders like @obiero and I&I multiply the million shillings by 2 in two months!

Tafakari hayo.
smile

Conveniently forgetting that Safaricom moved from 5-20 after listing while KQ has moved from 130-6 in the same period boom!

Conviniently assuming he bought Safcon at 5 bob.

What was safcom 3 months ago?
What was KQ 3 months ago?
d'oh!

I was buying Safcom long before you completed your welding course!!! Do the math!

But I am doing phd in welding now, so sijamlaiza kusoma.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Mkondoa Macho
#42 Posted : Friday, November 04, 2016 7:51:35 PM

Forward PE of 17.7. I would never touch this counter. Nice company, nice profit growth. Perfect market and industry position. Too expensive on a valuation basis. Too damn expensive. Assuming safaricom gives out all its profits as dividends, it would take you 17.7 years to recoup your money back, all factors constant (assuming flat profit growth for the next 17 years). However, vodafone's PE is 37.89 so maybe the counter still has room for capital gains.
murchr
#43 Posted : Friday, November 04, 2016 8:01:25 PM

Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Forward PE of 17.7. I would never touch this counter. Nice company, nice profit growth. Perfect market and industry position. Too expensive on a valuation basis. Too damn expensive. Assuming safaricom gives out all its profits as dividends, it would take you 17.7 years to recoup your money back, all factors constant (assuming flat profit growth for the next 17 years).

The best counter for you is the likes of UNGA. Hii ina wenyewe
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Mkondoa Macho
#44 Posted : Friday, November 04, 2016 8:05:49 PM

murchr wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Forward PE of 17.7. I would never touch this counter. Nice company, nice profit growth. Perfect market and industry position. Too expensive on a valuation basis. Too damn expensive. Assuming safaricom gives out all its profits as dividends, it would take you 17.7 years to recoup your money back, all factors constant (assuming flat profit growth for the next 17 years).

Vodafone's PE is 37.89. This means that when evaluating telecommunications stocks, the traditional PE ratio may not account for much. Considering that safaricom may have a higher growth potential than vodafone (because it is in Africa), safaricom may be very undervalued. I dont understand how people value technology and telecommunications stocks.
murchr
#45 Posted : Friday, November 04, 2016 8:08:51 PM

Mkondoa Macho wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:

Vodafone's PE is 37.89. This means that when evaluating telecommunications stocks, the traditional PE ratio may not account for much. Considering that safaricom may have a higher growth potential than vodafone (because it is in Africa), safaricom may be very undervalued. I dont understand how people value technology and telecommunications stocks.

UNGA. production vs consumption. Look at Amazon
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Mkondoa Macho
#46 Posted : Friday, November 04, 2016 8:18:44 PM

murchr wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:

Unga is good. I think I am a value investor. I see no value in safaricom at the current price. When buying a stock, I look at two things, profit after tax growth for the last 3-4 years,dividend yield, and the current valuation. Safaricom passes the PAT growth test. However, it fails in the valuation and dividend yield test at current prices. I can only buy safaricom at around Ksh 10-11 but I believe it is unrealistic to expect such a price any time soon.
murchr
#47 Posted : Friday, November 04, 2016 8:23:39 PM

Mkondoa Macho wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:

Unga is good. I think I am a value investor. I see no value in safaricom at the current price. When buying a stock, I look at two things, profit after tax growth for the last 3-4 years,dividend yield, and the current valuation. Safaricom passes the PAT growth test. However, it fails in the valuation and dividend yield test at current prices. I can only buy safaricom at around Ksh 10-11 but I believe it is unrealistic to expect such a price any time soon.

Good luck!

watesh
#48 Posted : Saturday, November 05, 2016 12:56:18 PM

Mkondoa Macho wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:

Buda, from my records the last time Safcom touched your peak buy at 11 was January 31st 2014 and it went back to 12 in a week. The last time 10 was touched was December 19th 2013 and it was up to 11 in a week. The share price has never gone to that price range again. Best of luck with the waiting period
Impunity
#49 Posted : Saturday, November 05, 2016 3:38:37 PM

watesh wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:

Buda, from my records the last time Safcom touched your peak buy at 11 was January 31st 2014 and it went back to 12 in a week. The last time 10 was touched was December 19th 2013 and it was up to 11 in a week. The share price has never gone to that price range again. Best of luck with the waiting period

Me too waiting!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Ebenyo
#50 Posted : Saturday, November 05, 2016 9:45:33 PM

My current ABP is 16.05.With the current price of 21.00,the challenge then is how to decrease the abp further.Anyone with the idea?
Towards the goal of financial freedom
MadDoc
#51 Posted : Saturday, November 05, 2016 10:50:17 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
My current ABP is 16.05.With the current price of 21.00,the challenge then is how to decrease the abp further.Anyone with the idea?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly are you serious?
gatoho
#52 Posted : Saturday, November 05, 2016 11:40:01 PM

Incredibly mine is 5.5 and why am not buying at whatever price to get it to around 10 sijui ni nini
Foresight..
Ebenyo
#53 Posted : Sunday, November 06, 2016 11:11:13 AM

gatoho wrote:
Incredibly mine is 5.5 and why am not buying at whatever price to get it to around 10 sijui ni nini

@gatoho,ur position is great.You need to take the advantage.Wait next month around the time people take money to festivities.You could bring your abp to ten.
I will also see if i can get at 19 or 18.I can bring my abp to 17 since this bus doesnt look like its waiting for anybody.The best thing is to move with it.
Ebenyo
#54 Posted : Sunday, November 06, 2016 11:14:32 AM

MadDoc wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly are you serious?

Yes.why are u surprised? whats yours?
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#55 Posted : Sunday, November 06, 2016 2:12:30 PM

Ebenyo wrote:

simple: wait for the price to fall and then buy.but it must fall below your abp which is very unlikely to happen
Ebenyo
#56 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2016 7:55:21 AM

Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

simple: wait for the price to fall and then buy.but it must fall below your abp which is very unlikely to happen

in that case,i will have to increase the abp,e.g 17.00 or 18.00
There are five months before the FY 17 results.Will monitor the price carefully with the help of karasinga.
murchr
#57 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 11:26:31 PM

Is there an MPESA promotion going on? I received like 1K more in my account from the blue
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#58 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 12:22:45 AM

murchr wrote:
Is there an MPESA promotion going on? I received like 1K more in my account from the blue

somebody isnt trying very hard to make your weekend by mistake , lol
Ericsson
#59 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2017 3:07:07 AM

Safaricom is now shifting its focus to fixed data so as to tap into online streaming like Netflix.
Here it will go head on with the biggest players Zuku and JTL
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#60 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2017 7:51:30 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Safaricom is now shifting its focus to fixed data so as to tap into online streaming like Netflix.
Here it will go head on with the biggest players Zuku and JTL

Applause Applause Applause
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett